What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Flex
David Montgomery @ ATL
Gus Edwards vs Carolina
or one of the WRs no picked above.

Hate trusting Monty much more than I already have...disappoints every time in my lineup. But now with Herbert out, may get a little more work and has a sweet matchup. Gus would be a no-brainer if he was not coming off of injury and a bye week. Uncertain on how much they will go to him. Feels TD reliant.
I mean, I think you have to go with Montgomery, right? I get the reason not to but, sitting a RB in line for 20 touches seems wrong. Gus has been limited all week and Lamar is just as much of a threat to vulture TDs & yardage, plus Drake is there and Gus isn't used in the passing game. Since it's standard I have trouble putting any of those WRs in the lineup over a 20 touch RB who will get goal line duty.

Montgomery>Gus

My merry go round of WRs again this week. Standard Scoring
Gabe Davis vs Cleveland
Tyler Boyd @ Pitt
Garrett Wilson @ NE
Rondale Moore vs SF
DJ Moore @ Balt

Weather has me a bit scared of Gabe...but otherwise I like the matchups of he and Boyd. While I like DJ Moore's matchup, just hard to trust that QB situation. Wilson has a bit of a tough matchup with NE...same for Rondale who gets a ton of targets. Id probably put Rondale right behind Gabe Davis as my choice if I decide against the snow game.
Think I missed this one, but just as well now that there has been a venue change in the Cle-Buf game

In a PPR I would be all over Rondale Moore but this is standard so Gabe seems like a clear choice IMO everyone else is a big dart throw:

Davis>Moore>DJ>Wilson>Boyd
I just disagree on Boyd. Pitt secondary giving up so many points to wr

.5 PPR

Pick top 3, or pick 1 to bench:

Miles Sanders at Indy
Michael Pittman vs Philly
Diontae Johnson Vs Cincy
Kadarius Toney at Chargers

Also, Isiah Likely would be an option if Andrews is out, but let’s assume Andrews is playing.

Kind of leaning towards the 3 WR’s, but still not 100% sure about Toney.

Thanks as always!
Assuming JuJu is playing, I'd go Sanders, Pittman, and Johnson. If JuJu is out, I'd go Toney over Johnson.
I'll go first but I think I need to wait on some injury updates.

SF, PPR:

RB - Need 2:
Drake v CAR
Gus v CAR
Jamaal Williams @ NYG
Swift @ NYG
Mitchell @ ARI
James Robinson @ NEP

Flex - Need two (super flex league):
Goff @ NYG
RB not used from above
Courtland Sutton v LVR
Christian Watson v TEN
Kadarius Toney @ LAC
Feels awkward to say, but I think I'd go both Williams and Swift.

I'd go Goff and Sutton at flex. Apparently, I like the Lions offense this week.
Sort of a who do I start question.
Lost Goedert,Gesicki only other TE rostered on a bye.
The following are available on waivers,how would you rank them this week,not expecting a big number,just a couple catches,maybe a surprise TD
FFPC scoring:

T. McBride-Arizona
H.Henry- New England
J.Akins- Houston
J.Smith- New England
I'd take my chances with Trey McBride. If he can be even 75% of Ertz, he'll be useful.
ETN on a bye and I'm very thin
(at RB....IRL my GP says I'm 15 lbs overweight)

Full PPR, matchup is two 8-2 teams battling for the #1 seed
  • Jaylen Warren vs CIN
    you can't legislate usage

• Nyheim Hines
    one ping...one ping only

• James Cook
    not as good as his brother

WW options
  • Ameer Abdullah
  • Raheem Blackshear
  • Malik Davis
  • Chase Edmonds
  • Kyren Williams
Neat-o, eh?

ETA: one RB....one RB only
Warren is the only one of those guys with a workload that can be trusted.
PPR, 1/10 rush and 1/20 receive

Freiermuth vs CIN or Kmet @ATL

Starting Justin Fields at QB if that makes any difference.

Pollard @MIN or Foreman @bal

Thanks.
I'd go with F-Troop. Freiermuth and Foreman...assuming Zeke is playing that is.
Standard:

Need 2 WR:
Sutton vs LV
DPJ @ Buffalo
D. Carter vs KC

Need 1 RB to start then 2 flex from (or above):
Cordarrelle vs Chicago
Stevenson vs NYJ
Swift @ NYG
Foreman @ Baltimore
Pollard @ Minny

thanks!
Sutton and DPJ.

I'd never bench Stevenson. Foreman and Polard would be my other 2 picks.
Due to injuries/bye weeks my entire team is pretty much waiver wire adds. It is painful to make lineup decisions. Im in half ppr. Big week sitting at 6-4 and have Kirk on bye and Chase waiting in wings on IR.

RB2 & Flex- I think I am starting BRobinson vs HOU and Pacheco vs LAC

WR, I have to choose 2 of the following:

Pickens vs CIN (love the talent, hate the QB)
Watson vs TEN (was it a fluke, I hate THU games)
DPJ vs BUF (consistent but tough matchup)
Palmer vs KC (IF Allen and Williams are OUT hes must start IMO)
Toney vs LAC (IF Juju and Hardman are OUT hes close to must start IMO)
DJ Moore vs BAL (the most talented but tough matchup and Baker, hes been awful)
I'd go Moore and Watson, but could see sitting Watson and waiting for more info on LAC and KC injuries.

I know you love TE questions, so please help me to pick 1 flex player + 1 TE of these 4 options:

PPR

Kmet @ ATL
Hock Vs DAL
Jamaal Williams Vs DAL
Sutton Vs LVR

Currently have Hock & Sutton.
Hock and Sutton would be my call as well.
Full PPR, debating J Conner vs SF of M Sanders @ Indy at FLEX.

Currently leaning Conner; however, I could see Sanders getting a ton of rushes if the Eagles get a decent lead over the Colts.
I'd go Conner over Sanders. He's just a bigger part of the offense in my opinion.
.5 PPR Flex Spot:

Current starters:
Fields
Pierce
Pollard
Jefferson
AJ Brown
Andrews
FLEX 1: Tee Higgins
FLEX 2: Pacheco or Rondale Moore vs SF or Toney vs LAC or Michael Carter vs NE

Pacheco indeed seems like the lead runner - and LAC should be over by 3Q (should), and get him going for the home stretch. Moore with no Ertz and been getting great target share already.

Thanks
I'd probably go Toney if JuJu is out, and Moore if JuJu is playing. I'm not ready to jump on the Pacheco train yet.

Thanks so much in advance...
5-5 and very much alive for the playoffs....

Standard scoring + PPR.
Bonus at 100 yds receiving or rushing (not combined)

RB x1 to pair w/ J. Taylor?
Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS
**(w/ uncertainty of Allen and/or possible snap count or injury aggravation and it being a late Sunday game, I am leaning towards not even considering him...unless you change my mind :-) or plug him in as Flex w/ ability to insert Mitchell given Sunday night game but presumably, you will agree Mitchell should play at RB or Flex - - see below)

FLEX x1

Any player not chosen from above RB or WR??
**(leaning Mitchell as Flex)**

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR
  • Likely in lieu of Andrews v CAR?
    • If both Andrews and Kmet are inactive due to reported injury issues, it's an easy decision. Do you think Andrews become a decoy if he plays?​

Thanks Again.

PPR

KMET VS ATL
OR
PITTS VS CHI?
I think at this point, I'm looking for reasons not to use Pitts. Kmet is a very good alternative.
Gabe Davis vs Cleveland
Tyler Boyd @ Pitt
Garrett Wilson @ NE
Rondale Moore vs SF
DJ Moore @ Balt

Weather has me a bit scared of Gabe...but otherwise I like the matchups of he and Boyd. While I like DJ Moore's matchup, just hard to trust that QB situation. Wilson has a bit of a tough matchup with NE...same for Rondale who gets a ton of targets. Id probably put Rondale right behind Gabe Davis as my choice if I decide against the snow game.

Flex
David Montgomery @ ATL
Gus Edwards vs Carolina
or one of the WRs no picked above.

Hate trusting Monty much more than I already have...disappoints every time in my lineup. But now with Herbert out, may get a little more work and has a sweet matchup. Gus would be a no-brainer if he was not coming off of injury and a bye week. Uncertain on how much they will go to him. Feels TD reliant.
Davis>Boyd>DJ>Rondale>Wilson

Monty is a no-brainer with Herbert out I think. A likely 20+ touches against the Falcons is hard to screw up.
FFPC scoring,wasn't going to include all these guys as one I'm pretty sure I'm starting,but here they are.

I need THREE of the following:

J.Connor vs SF(Mexico City)
J.Jacobs @ Den
R.Stevenson vs NYJ
J.Williams @ NYG
I'd sit Jamaal out of that group.
Flex standard - need one
Hunt @ Buf (possible freezing rain)
McKinnon @ LAC
A Rob @NO
DPJ @ BUF (see Hunt comment)

JD @ Bal
EE @ Min
Hunt @ Buf

Thx
I'd flex Peoples-Jones. Been pretty consistent of late, and Browns could be point chasing.

I'm assuming that is DJ Moore against Baltimore, in which case I'd go with him.
Stevenson or Singletary 1 PPR
Stevenson every week.
PPR, Kittle or Higbee at TE?

Same league, have Waddle on bye and Chase still out. Need 3 of 4 WRs listed. Which one sits?

Slayton vs DET
C Samuel at HOU
J Palmer vs KC
London vs CHI
Inconsistency aside, I think I'd go Kittle just for upside. I know conventional logic says Higbee should be featured with Kupp out, but I think he'll just be easier to cover.

I'd sit London, unless it looks like both Williams and Allen will be back for LA.
As George Washington sang in Hamilton, "One Last Time"
FFPC scoring:

Team A: Need ONE Flex:
N.Collins vs Phi
A. Robinson @ N.O.
T.Higbee @ N.O.

Team B: Need TWO Flex:
D.Swift @ NYG
E.Mitchell vs AZ(Mexico City)
M.Gordon vs LAV
T.Higbee @ N.O.
G.Dulcich vs LAV
I'd take my chances with Allen Robinson. Saints are very weak at CB right now.

I'd go Swift and Dulcich.
1/2 point ppr

CPat against Chicago (concerned its a three-headed rushing attack now)
Toney against LAC (especially if Hardman and Juju are out…but late game on Sunday)
If signs point to JuJu being out, I'd go Toney, otherwise Patterson.

Standard scoring + PPR.

Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS
**(w/ uncertainty of Allen and/or possible snap count or injury aggravation and it being a late Sunday game, I am leaning towards not even considering him...unless you change my mind :-) or plug him in as Flex w/ ability to insert Mitchell given Sunday night game but presumably, you will agree Mitchell should play at RB or Flex - - see below)

FLEX x1

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR
    • If both Andrews and Kmet are inactive due to reported injury issues, it's an easy decision. Do you think Andrews become a decoy if he plays?​

Thanks Again.
I'm not as high on Mitchell as most seem to be. I'm not buying the 50-50 stuff with CMC at all, expecting closer to 65-35. So with that in mind:

I go Gus at RB, Meyers and Johnson at WR, Allen at flex (pivoting to Mitchell if Allen is inactive) and Likely at TE if Andrews is out, but Kmet if Andrews plays.

Standard scoring + PPR.

Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS

FLEX x1

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR

Thanks Again.
I'm not as high on Mitchell as most seem to be. I'm not buying the 50-50 stuff with CMC at all, expecting closer to 65-35. So with that in mind:

I go Gus at RB, Meyers and Johnson at WR, Allen at flex (pivoting to Mitchell if Allen is inactive) and Likely at TE if Andrews is out, but Kmet if Andrews plays.
Thank You.. @travdogg but can you expound a bit on the TE comment? I hear you on Likely if Andrews is out but what did you mean about Kmet? was it to suggest Likely over Kmet? or roll Kmet if he is active over Likely if Andrews is out? Thanks again...

Standard scoring + PPR.

Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS

FLEX x1

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR

Thanks Again.

Thank You.. @travdogg but can you expound a bit on the TE comment? I hear you on Likely if Andrews is out but what did you mean about Kmet? was it to suggest Likely over Kmet? or roll Kmet if he is active over Likely if Andrews is out? Thanks again...
Kmet over Likely if Andrews is playing.

Half PPR, pick two WRs, an RB and a flex:

Hopkins vs 49ers (MNF, Q)
ARSB @ Giants
Higgins @ Stealers
Sanders @ Colts
Stevenson vs Jets
Elliott @ Vikings

Think Higgins should clearly be one, then it's a question of whether to gamble on Hopkins or take a lower projected St Brown, then also whether to think Elliott will get a decent load, and I think not, so I probably bench Nuk and Zeke?

PPR, need TE and 2 flex:
Kmet @ Falcons
Njoku @ Bills (Detroit)
BRob @ Texans
Mitchell @ Cardinals
Skowronek @ Saints

Suppose this comes down to how much we trust Njoku first week back, and whether the Rams passing game has any sort of pulse whatsoever. Probably going Kmet and the two RBs?

One last one, PPR: Mooney @ Falcons or Campbell vs Eagles?

Gabe Davis vs Cleveland
Tyler Boyd @ Pitt
Garrett Wilson @ NE
Rondale Moore vs SF
DJ Moore @ Balt

Think I missed this one, but just as well now that there has been a venue change in the Cle-Buf game

In a PPR I would be all over Rondale Moore but this is standard so Gabe seems like a clear choice IMO everyone else is a big dart throw:

Davis>Moore>DJ>Wilson>Boyd
I just disagree on Boyd. Pitt secondary giving up so many points to wr
The margins are razor thin. I could see Boyd>DJ>Wilson but I wonder why the targets aren't necessarily materializing with Chase out.

I also never underestimate the Steelers.

Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ
Tough call with Gus limited. I like Gus but I question his touch ceiling if Drake is healthy. Maybe he gets 17, maybe 12. He also isn't much of a factor in the passing game. But, when healthy he is a strong runner and he should get the first crack at goal line options.

I know.the Niners would love to run the ball 40 times/game and they may be good enough to do it. If they can, then maybe Mitchell will continue to see 18+ opportunities. But you don't just cede touches from McCaffrey and there's many a slip twixt a cup and the lip. I would prefer to see how it plays out for one more week.

Gus>Mitchell

ARSB @ Giants
Higgins @ Stealers
Sanders @ Colts
Stevenson vs Jets
Elliott @ Vikings

Think Higgins should clearly be one, then it's a question of whether to gamble on Hopkins or take a lower projected St Brown, then also whether to think Elliott will get a decent load, and I think not, so I probably bench Nuk and Zeke?

PPR, need TE and 2 flex:
Kmet @ Falcons
Njoku @ Bills (Detroit)
BRob @ Texans
Mitchell @ Cardinals
Skowronek @ Saints

Suppose this comes down to how much we trust Njoku first week back, and whether the Rams passing game has any sort of pulse whatsoever. Probably going Kmet and the two RBs?

I think you have a good thought process here and I don't want to cloud it too much.
  • Hopkins & ARSB would be my call, but it's close - high quality problem, Higgins is also Top 8 options this week. TJ Watt is back, Steelers may still be without Minkah (up in the air.)
  • Stevenson, and I wouldn't overthink it.
  • think I already answered your Flex in bullet one

• Kmet, ride the wave
  • Robinson in a nice matchup
  • Elijah over Skow but it's close

• Mooney - though I do think Parris will continue to see a ton of low ADOT manufactured targets, I like the Bears WR upside more here.

Standard scoring + PPR.

Gus Edwards v CAR
Elijah Mitchell @ AZ

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS

FLEX x1

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR

Thanks Again.

JT partner: Mitchell over Edwards but it's very close to me

2 WRs: Meyers for sure. Johnson is the chalk play but he's sooooo inefficient, wouldn't blame you for playing Collins over him if you are an underdog. if you're favored go with Diontae and his stupid floor lol

Flex: Collins

TE: really need more info, see how today's practice reports look. I like LIkely a lot.

WR x 2
Keenan Allen v KC
Dionte Johnson v CIN
Jakobi Myers vs NJY
Nico Collins vs WAS
I know he got 10 targets and scored a TD but if I have options, the only Texan I start is Pierce. The rest of that offense is just way to sporadic.

Jakobi is also all over the map for targets. Maybe he'll get 13? Maybe 2? IDK. The Jets defense is also very good and I imagine Sauce Gardner will be on Jakobi quite a bit.

It sucks but I think you need to wait a week on Keenan. I just can't trust him.

That leaves Diontae and I think he is an easy start here. I know his targets were down last week but that was game plan dependent. The Steelers were dead set on running the ball and we're successful doing so. They only attempted 20 passes against the Saints. I don't think that's sustainable with that offensive line and Najee Harris as the lead back. Against the Bengals I think they will have at least a dozen more attempts. That should push Diontae back to the 8-10 target range.

Diontae>Keenan>Jakobi>Nico

.5 PPR

ARob
Peoples-Jones
Zeke

Leaning Peoples-Jones since game was moved indoors and Browns will have to keep up, but any input is appreciated

FLEX x1
Given the options I think it comes down to Mitchell v Keenan. I could make an argument for Jakobi as a "safe floor" guy but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I do think Mitchell could see 15 or so opportunities which would be great. But is he going to get any goal line opportunities? Our data set is limited to one game He got two opportunities from the Chargers 7 last week, and a half hearted attempt from the 2 when they Niners we're salting the game away. But McCaffrey had four opportunities inside the five and I think he is their preferred goal line guy.

But, for now Mitchell is healthy and you can't say the same about Keenan Allen. Unless he comes off the practice report today, he carries a bigger risk than your other options. That being said, if he plays Herbert is probably going to feed the heck out of him, so I think he is a safe floor guy with nice upside in PPR formats.

It's really about risk aversion. If Keenan carries a designation going into Sunday, unless you think you need a home run:

Mitchell>Keenan*

If Keenan doesn't have a designation, for me he's an auto-start.

TE
If Andrews is a no go:
  • Kmet @ ATL
    • OR
    • If both Andrews and Kmet are inactive due to reported injury issues, it's an easy decision. Do you think Andrews become a decoy if he plays.​
Gotta wait for practice reports on this one and maybe until kickoff on Sunday. Pretty easy decision IMO once we know Andrews's status.

If Andrews is out

Likely>Kmet

If Andrews plays

Kmet>Likely

ARSB @ Giants
Higgins @ Stealers
Sanders @ Colts
Stevenson vs Jets
Elliott @ Vikings
Seems pretty clear to me, feel like I'm missing something.

Hopkins>Higgins>ARSB>Rhamondre>Sanders>Zeke

Hopkins is pretty much matchup proof and QB proof. Unless Arizona is starting their 3rd string QB, which doesn't seem likely, Auto start.

ETA: I didn't see an injury designation on Hopkins. Obviously follow the practice reports but if it looks like he is playing, he's in my lineup.

Burrows #1WR? Auto-start.

ARSB gets 10 targets/game. Pretty close to auto-start.

Rhamondre has a tough matchup but he is the clear lead back, goal line guy and gets plenty of usage in the passing game.

Last edited:
PPR, need TE and 2 flex:
Kmet @ Falcons
Njoku @ Bills (Detroit)
BRob @ Texans
Mitchell @ Cardinals
Skowronek @ Saints
With this kind of uncertainty I really like riding the hot hand in Kmet. You have the luxury to wait and see with Njoku there.

I could see an argument for Njoku as a flex, and maybe you should go that way but, even though Brian Robinson doesn't look great running the ball, the Commadores sure aren't shy about feeding him. And it's a very plus matchup.

Mitchell's usage is a bigger question mark.but I am pretty sure the Niners do want to try to run 30-40 times per game so Mitchell should be a safe(ish) ber for at least 12 opportunities, apparently with 20 opportunity upside. It's a neutral matchup at worst.

I don't know how to slot Njoku ATM. DPJ is playing very well and Amari can't be ignored. I just worry how a low volume passing can consistently sustain three targets.

I hy No interest in speculating on Ben Skworlmnoq.

Kmet>Robinson>Mitchell>Skworlmnoq

In a SUPERFLEX lineup and as a 2nd QB, is this a legitimate thought process???

Kyler Murray/Colt McCoy (waiting until Monday) > Kenny Pickett

Interesting one.

Even with a tough matchup I think I like Campbell with Ryan back under center. They really seem to have a good chemistry and the Colts are a much higher volume passing game than the Bears.

I really like Mooney and starting him over Campbell isn't a bad idea. But in a full PPR Campbell's target upside is probably double Mooney's. And they have similar floors.

Campbell>Mooney

.5 PPR

ARob
Peoples-Jones
Zeke

Leaning Peoples-Jones since game was moved indoors and Browns will have to keep up, but any input is appreciated
I agree(ish). If Njoku comes back this week it clouds DPJ's outlook just a bit.

Allen Robinson is a very interesting play this week but it's entirely speculative. He averages Just under six targets per game before Kupp got hurt. Kupp was getting 11 targets per game but the offense will be less efficient so there won't be 11 more targets to go around. But if Robinson can gain two or three more targets per game that puts him in decent volume territory. But who knows? Tyler Higbee could be the primary beneficiary. Or maybe, no one benefits? I can see starting Robinson but it is highly speculative.

Zeke, if he plays, is probably going to see 15 to 18 carries. He isn't really a factor in the passing game but he definitely is at the goal line. Honestly, he may be your safest start here. Unfortunately you may not have clarity on his status before the morning games kick off.

Yeah, this is a real head scratcher:
DPJ>Zeke>Robinson

I can't start Pickett over the possibility of Murray.

Colt McCoy is a decent enough option if Murray is out.

Of course if both Murray and McCoy are you...

ARI QB>Pickett

ARI QB>Pickett

FYI McCoy is limited in practice as well

Trace McSorley > Pickett?

ARI QB>Pickett

FYI McCoy is limited in practice as well

Trace McSorley > Pickett?
Not against the Niners.

Pickett>McSorley

I need 2 RBs:
Drake v CAR
Gus v CAR
J.Robinson @ NEP
E.Mitchell v ARI
Swift @ NYG
J.Williams @ NYG

Need 1 Flex:
RB Above
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ SDC

FWIW JuJu Smith-Schuster is officially out and Mecole Hardman is on IR

I need 2 RBs:
Drake v CAR
Gus v CAR
J.Robinson @ NEP
E.Mitchell v ARI
Swift @ NYG
J.Williams @ NYG

Need 1 Flex:
RB Above
Sutton v LVR
Toney @ SDC

FWIW JuJu Smith-Schuster is officially out and Mecole Hardman is on IR

Seems tough to do, but I might consider playing BOTH Lion RB's:
Swift > JWilliams > Drake > Mitchell > JRob > Gus

Sutton > Toney > over all of those RB's....but I am wavering on that. But I have Toney going as one of my 3 WR's this week.

Full PPR: D. Smith (WR PHI) or C. Sutton (WR DEN) this week? Thinking of firing up Smith, if AJ Brown gets the blanket treatment Smith may find himself open more regularly.

Need some help for my flex spot: 1PPR, 6/TD

- Olave (vs LAR)
- Pickens (vs CIN)

or do I go with the safe, steady production of

- Peoples-Jones ("@" BUF, but in Detroit)

Need a TE-Ertz on IR for season
Everett
McBride
Conklin
Moreau
JuJohnson, not a huge fan this week but options are limited

That includes Everett on my team and some other options, Everett might be hurt still, had a groin issue and pulled up after grabbing 2 balls for 24 yds on the 1st drive, was bummed with so many WRs OUT that night.
Your thoughts

Everett
McBride
Conklin
Moreau

That includes Everett on my team and some other options, Everett might be hurt still, had a groin issue and pulled up after grabbing 2 balls for 24 yds on the 1st drive, was bummed with so many WRs OUT that night.
Your thoughts

Everett only played 10 snaps Week 10 but his practices went fine this week, should not be limited for SNF. But it seems likely Keenan Allen and Mike Williams will be back - they've been on the field together for a total of 27 snaps this year - so I would discount any data on the Chargers TE bc going forward will look quite different. That said, he's logging a lot of snaps and runs a ton of routes. You generally need TEs to run at least 23 routes per game to sustain Top Ten production, and in 2022 it's been: 23-33-32-25-29-34-33-33-7. That part has been dreamy, the actual production - not so much. He has topped 14 points only twice, both times propped up by a TD, and has exceeded 63 yards once. Not seeing any new season highs for him down the stretch bc the offense should go through the RB and the top 2 wideouts.

McBride finally saw the field, and ran 26 routes on 59 snaps (after averaging less than 17 snaps /g while Ertz was healthy.) I don't see him stepping into the Ertz role even though he is obviously a very talented young TE (55th pick this spring.) Hollywood is back at practice, Rondale has been a low ADOT target hog, Hopkins has been himself (not sure about his health this week.) Looking like a GTD for Kyler. Oh, and you have a bye week to contend with Week 13.

Conklin had his best games with Joe Flacco under center. First 4 weeks he averaged 53 snaps and 38 routes run; since then, 40 snaps and 17 RR /g. Just don't see a path for him to elevate his game ROS.

Moreau over the last 4 weeks has averaged 56 snaps and 32 RR. He's gone 14-144-1 on 23 targets; not the most exciting box score but there is a def path toward FF relevancy there IMO because he can easily overtake Mack Hollins to be the 2nd option behind Adams. It's a distant second but I think this is the play.

Juwan Johnson has quietly put together a solid low end TE1 season, in part because of the TDs. It's hard to count on those continuing. His usage and utilization is a bit of a concern, though - he averages around 43 snaps and 25 routes run per week. He'll have some very quiet weeks. It's Chris Olave's world and Juice Landry is back to soak up some of the underneath targets. Johnson is 3/3 100% on his last 3 RZ targets - that's not sustainable. If he were getting TDs as part of regular and sustained red zone looks I would be more interested, but rn it looks kind of fluky.

Thoughts on flex - PPR:

DJ Moore @ BAL
Njoku vs BUF in Detroit

Neither good matchups here. Sad it’s even a consideration, but I’m more concerned about the lack of DJ’s chemistry with Baker than I am with Njoku re-aggravating his ankle.

Flex:
  • Mike Williams v KC
  • George Pickens v CIN
Man, this shouldn't be so difficult.

I have great difficulty putting any faith in anything less than a 100% healthy Mike Williams. I'm jaded from last year and it's probably reductive thinking but I don't trust him. It's a great matchup, the Chiefs have gotten torched by opposing #1 WRs all season, including Williams. Then again, maybe Allen is the #1 WR again? IDK.

The problem is Pickens didn't really get the opportunity last week to show us anything. I see that as a product of only 20 pass attempts v the Saints. But he's still an unknown with a lesser QB. Cincinnati has been solid v opposing WRs this year, on paper, but they really haven't played against many good ones (look at their schedule, it's kind of crazy) But the good ones, Tyreek, Amari, even CeeDee with Cooper Rush, have had success against them. Its going to be tough to throw only 20x again this week, although they will try to make that happen, so I see an uptick in volume. But Pickens is still, entirely speculative. We think he can be great because of preseason hype and brief flashes but we haven't seen it happen on the field yet.

I really, really, truly and sincerely want to say Pickens here. But the matchup and QB situation clearly says Mike Williams is the 'smart' call.

Go with your gut, because when this backfires on me I'm going to be ill:
Williams>Pickens

PPR league. Two part question -- 1) First need to decide on a TE, then 2) Determine one flex where the TE I don't choose in 1) is an option.

1) TE

* K. Pitts vs CHI -- Here we go again. He's getting tons of air yards. His "first read %" among ALL receivers is off the charts. This is who they target IF they pass. That said, Mariota hasn't been hitting the broad side of a barn. CHI D is terrible. Pitts should again have opportunities. They just have to connect. You'd think the laws of probability would be in Pitts favor here.

or

G. Dulcich vs LV -- Wilson had his only good game against LV earlier this year. Jeudy AND Hamler are out. It looks to be the Sutton and Dulcich show. The LV pass defense is possibly the worst in the league (although they can get after the QB decently). Hackett could prove moronic and instead of attacking this weakness continue to try and execute a "balanced" attack with that horrible crew of RBs.

Which TE?

2) Flex

* Either Pitts or Dulcich above -- I'd note that looking across various rankings sites, Dulcich is surprisingly high vs. the options below.

* K. Drake vs CAR -- Gus has been limited all week so it's not even a sure thing he's active. If not, Drake should be the lead dog. I'd think Drake still gets apprx. 40% of the touches even if Gus is active. There could be plenty of touches to go around against CAR. I don't see CAR moving the ball against BALT too well. They looked damn good with newly acquired R. Smith. Could be a blowout. Hell, even J. Hill could get some run.

* G. Edwards vs CAR -- See above. Was thinking he was a better option until he got a limited practice on Friday.

My gut: If Gus in active, go Drake in the flex. If not, go with each TE -- one in flex, one in TE.

Note: My opponent has "green" matchups across the board. I think I need ceiling this week. Already played C. Watson and that paid off. Need a win or I'm possibly eliminated.

Which TE? Which Flex?

Thanks!

PPR league. Two part question -- 1) First need to decide on a TE, then 2) Determine one flex where the TE I don't choose in 1) is an option.

1) TE

* K. Pitts vs CHI -- Here we go again. He's getting tons of air yards. His "first read %" among ALL receivers is off the charts. This is who they target IF they pass. That said, Mariota hasn't been hitting the broad side of a barn. CHI D is terrible. Pitts should again have opportunities. They just have to connect. You'd think the laws of probability would be in Pitts favor here.

or

G. Dulcich vs LV -- Wilson had his only good game against LV earlier this year. Jeudy AND Hamler are out. It looks to be the Sutton and Dulcich show. The LV pass defense is possibly the worst in the league (although they can get after the QB decently). Hackett could prove moronic and instead of attacking this weakness continue to try and execute a "balanced" attack with that horrible crew of RBs.

Which TE?

2) Flex

* Either Pitts or Dulcich above -- I'd note that looking across various rankings sites, Dulcich is surprisingly high vs. the options below.

* K. Drake vs CAR -- Gus has been limited all week so it's not even a sure thing he's active. If not, Drake should be the lead dog. I'd think Drake still gets apprx. 40% of the touches even if Gus is active. There could be plenty of touches to go around against CAR. I don't see CAR moving the ball against BALT too well. They looked damn good with newly acquired R. Smith. Could be a blowout. Hell, even J. Hill could get some run.

* G. Edwards vs CAR -- See above. Was thinking he was a better option until he got a limited practice on Friday.

My gut: If Gus in active, go Drake in the flex. If not, go with each TE -- one in flex, one in TE.

Note: My opponent has "green" matchups across the board. I think I need ceiling this week. Already played C. Watson and that paid off. Need a win or I'm possibly eliminated.

Which TE? Which Flex?

Thanks!

Dulcich has only played the last four games.

snaps: 39-45-49-65
routes run: 25-33-29-39

He’s led the DEN TEs in both every week he played.

Alignment:

boundary WR: 4
Slot: 86
Tight: 117

The other 3 DEN TEs have 101 snaps in the slot over 9 games.

ADOT: 12.9
For comparison:
Kelce 7.3, Andrews 10.7, Likely 7.6, Ertz 7.3, Goedert 5.0, Kittle 6.1, Hockenson 5.2, Schultz 5.9, Pitts 13.6

Greg Dulcich has the most receiving yards (193) by a Broncos tight end in his first four games in team history.

ETA: he’s 8th in the NFL for TE receiving yards over the last 5 games. On a per game basis, 5th (despite last week’s clunker - which could have easily looked quite different if they connected on a long pass when he was wide open.)

Dulcich leads all TEs in YPC.

Last week Wilson missed him on a 50 yarder. His ability to get open on seam routes is amazing.

The Week 10 dud:

Incredible usage was there again for Greg Dulcich yesterday.

* 71-of-80 snaps
* 40 inline, 25 slot, 6 wide
* 40 routes on 49 Russ Wilson dropbacks
* Just 4 targets for a 9.5% share
* 1-11-0 result

The system is blinking red.

Obvious caveats. Lousy offense, QB is washed. But this kid is legit. I expect him to be a Top 6-8 TE ROS. Great schedule. They revamped their offense to get him involved. They will continue to make him a focal point.

I kind of view your other choices as a coin flip. Pitts has similar QB/Offense/HC issues. I never understand how to predict BAL RB usage (like Edwards but who knows.)

But Dulcich should be your weekly TE.

Last edited:

1) TE

or

Which TE?

2) Flex

Which TE? Which Flex?

Thanks!

Alignment:

For comparison:
Kelce 7.3, Andrews 10.7, Likely 7.6, Ertz 7.3, Goedert 5.0, Kittle 6.1, Hockenson 5.2, Schultz 5.9, Pitts 13.6

Greg Dulcich has the most receiving yards (193) by a Broncos tight end in his first four games in team history.

ETA: he’s 8th in the NFL for TE receiving yards over the last 5 games. On a per game basis, 5th (despite last week’s clunker - which could have easily looked quite different if they connected on a long pass when he was wide open.)

Last week Wilson missed him on a 50 yarder. His ability to get open on seam routes is amazing.

The Week 10 dud:

* 71-of-80 snaps
* 1-11-0 result

Obvious caveats. Lousy offense, QB is washed. But this kid is legit. I expect him to be a Top 6-8 TE ROS. Great schedule. They revamped their offense to get him involved. They will continue to make him a focal point.

I kind of view your other choices as a coin flip. Pitts has similar QB/Offense/HC issues. I never understand how to predict BAL RB usage (like Edwards but who knows.)

Damn impressive. That's hard to argue with!

That probably leaves Pitts vs. Drake in the flex spot. Ugh.

1) TE

or

Which TE?

2) Flex

Which TE? Which Flex?

Thanks!

Alignment:

For comparison:

The Week 10 dud:

* 71-of-80 snaps
* 1-11-0 result

What's odd is Bloom has Dulcich ranked 17th at TE this week and is projecting only 6.2 points. Would love to understand that rationale.

1) TE

or

Which TE?

2) Flex

Which TE? Which Flex?

Thanks!

Alignment:

For comparison:

The Week 10 dud:

* 71-of-80 snaps
* 1-11-0 result

What's odd is Bloom has Dulcich ranked 17th at TE this week and is projecting only 6.2 points. Would love to understand that rationale.

It’s poor form to link or cite FBG competitors here. Joe has asked me to not do so & Im happy to comply. But the expert consensus ranking for Dulcich this week is TE7.

I’m not the Lone Ranger on this one.

Full PPR: D. Smith (WR PHI) or C. Sutton (WR DEN) this week? Thinking of firing up Smith, if AJ Brown gets the blanket treatment Smith may find himself open more regularly.
Doesn't AJ Brown always get blanket treatment?

DaVonta is a very good player and absolutely should be considered as an every week flex play over Sutton. The Broncos offense is literally the worst in the league scoring. They have only thrown 7 TD passes all season. Of course DaVonta should start over any Bronco, right?

Well...damn...enter the Raiders. I think they are 25th or worse in every single relevant defensive metric: pass yards, TDs surrendered, sacks, turnovers, yards/att, completion %, QBR. Everything. This is the week to play the Broncos offense in. survivor pools.

For Sutton we also have no Jeudy, no Hamler and not much of a running game behind them. In a PPR he should be a very safe option, although I question if he has a high ceiling in that offense, even against the Raiders.

I'm struggling like heck with Sutton in my lineup as well this week. (between him & Toney). And every fiber of my being says this is Sutton's week. And, again, I see him as a very safe option at the very least.

Sutton>DaVonta

We're all just guessing. That's not a joke. It's a game of incomplete information and we all interpret the data in different ways.

But it's all still just a W.A.G.

Need some help for my flex spot: 1PPR, 6/TD

- Olave (vs LAR)
- Pickens (vs CIN)

or do I go with the safe, steady production of

- Peoples-Jones ("@" BUF, but in Detroit)
I don't know I'd I consider DPJ to be safe or simply a better option. He's certainly in the conversation.

But, despite having a very down week, Olave has been every bit as consistent and has shown a higher ceiling than DPJ. His targets ceiling is world's higher too.

Pickens is still an idea, not a fact. I think he will be very good, maybe starting this week, and I might start him over DPJ, even though it is probably illogical to do so, but I can't see starting him over Olave at this point.

Olave>Pickens>DPJ

Everett
McBride
Conklin
Moreau

Your thoughts
Everett also has to contend with the return of Mike Williams and Keenan Allen. Conceivably he could be the #4 or #5 option for most of the night.

I am hesitant to say McBride will be the prime beneficiary of the Ertz injury. I need to see it happen once first. Last week it was Moore. Not to mention both ARI QBs are gimpy.

I don't like any Jet receiver against the Patriots but if I was betting on one it would be Conklin. Still, wind may be an issue and it's definitely a rough matchup.

Moreau may have a tougher matchup than Conklin. But he's pretty athletic and he'll probably get five targets and maybe can fall into the end zone on one of them.

Not sure why you're down in Juwan. He's built more like a big WR than an in-line. He has a decent target ceiling and he has a TD in 3 of 5 games. I don't consider the Rams to be a particularly difficult opponent either.

I hate predicting TEs, so listen to your inner MoP, but:

Juwan>Moreau>Conklin>Everett>McBride

Who should I bench?

Nick Chubb vs. Buffalo, in Detroit.
Joe Mixon at Pittsburgh
Rhamondre Stevenson vs. NY Jets

1PPR
First world problems.

My initial impulse is to say bench Chubb because it's a PPR league. But with all the craziness surrounding the Bills this week it's tough to think that they'll be entirely prepared for this matchup. Plus, he's scored a TD in 7 of 9 games.

It's very much a toss up between Rhamondre & Mixon (Chubb too if I'm being honest).

I think the Steelers should simply not be discounted. They have a slightly better rush D than the Jets, much better for rush TDs (5-10). And now Watt is back and Fitzpatrick is back. I think the Patriots will be able to handle Zack Wilson better than the Bengals against Pickett and the Patriots may be able to run more plays. And as good as Mixon can be in the passing game, since taking over as the lead back Rhamondre has been better and gets more targets more consistently.

This is razor thin but:
Chubb>Rhamondre>Mixon

Everett
McBride
Conklin
Moreau

Your thoughts

Everett only played 10 snaps Week 10 but his practices went fine this week, should not be limited for SNF. But it seems likely Keenan Allen and Mike Williams will be back - they've been on the field together for a total of 27 snaps this year - so I would discount any data on the Chargers TE bc going forward will look quite different. That said, he's logging a lot of snaps and runs a ton of routes. You generally need TEs to run at least 23 routes per game to sustain Top Ten production, and in 2022 it's been: 23-33-32-25-29-34-33-33-7. That part has been dreamy, the actual production - not so much. He has topped 14 points only twice, both times propped up by a TD, and has exceeded 63 yards once. Not seeing any new season highs for him down the stretch bc the offense should go through the RB and the top 2 wideouts.

McBride finally saw the field, and ran 26 routes on 59 snaps (after averaging less than 17 snaps /g while Ertz was healthy.) I don't see him stepping into the Ertz role even though he is obviously a very talented young TE (55th pick this spring.) Hollywood is back at practice, Rondale has been a low ADOT target hog, Hopkins has been himself (not sure about his health this week.) Looking like a GTD for Kyler. Oh, and you have a bye week to contend with Week 13.

Conklin had his best games with Joe Flacco under center. First 4 weeks he averaged 53 snaps and 38 routes run; since then, 40 snaps and 17 RR /g. Just don't see a path for him to elevate his game ROS.

Moreau over the last 4 weeks has averaged 56 snaps and 32 RR. He's gone 14-144-1 on 23 targets; not the most exciting box score but there is a def path toward FF relevancy there IMO because he can easily overtake Mack Hollins to be the 2nd option behind Adams. It's a distant second but I think this is the play.

Juwan Johnson has quietly put together a solid low end TE1 season, in part because of the TDs. It's hard to count on those continuing. His usage and utilization is a bit of a concern, though - he averages around 43 snaps and 25 routes run per week. He'll have some very quiet weeks. It's Chris Olave's world and Juice Landry is back to soak up some of the underneath targets. Johnson is 3/3 100% on his last 3 RZ targets - that's not sustainable. If he were getting TDs as part of regular and sustained red zone looks I would be more interested, but rn it looks kind of fluky.
I wrote this in a way that included a bunch of guys likely thrown into the soup and you hit it out of the park on all these guys.

-Cutting McBride and grabbing Moreua while I can
TY

Everett
McBride
Conklin
Moreau

Your thoughts
Everett also has to contend with the return of Mike Williams and Keenan Allen. Conceivably he could be the #4 or #5 option for most of the night.

I am hesitant to say McBride will be the prime beneficiary of the Ertz injury. I need to see it happen once first. Last week it was Moore. Not to mention both ARI QBs are gimpy.

I don't like any Jet receiver against the Patriots but if I was betting on one it would be Conklin. Still, wind may be an issue and it's definitely a rough matchup.

Moreau may have a tougher matchup than Conklin. But he's pretty athletic and he'll probably get five targets and maybe can fall into the end zone on one of them.

Not sure why you're down in Juwan. He's built more like a big WR than an in-line. He has a decent target ceiling and he has a TD in 3 of 5 games. I don't consider the Rams to be a particularly difficult opponent either.

I hate predicting TEs, so listen to your inner MoP, but:

Juwan>Moreau>Conklin>Everett>McBride
I'm going to take the combined intellect of you and @BobbyLayne
Moreau scores high with both of you, I've heard enough
:thumbup:

The foolish thing is hanging on to McBride and not making a good move forward, maybe Everett can come back in the coming weeks. 2 healthy WRs or even 1 drawing coverage away from him can only help.

Cheers both of you,
Happy Thanksgiving

Need 3 out of 5 two starters and 1 flex:

Jamaal Williams vs NYG
Swift vs NYG
Gibson vs HOU
Zeke vs MIN
Melvin vs LV?

Users who are viewing this thread