What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Weather Alerts - Buffalo game moved to Detroit (1 Viewer)

Any Buffalo locals have a read on Bills getting out of dodge?
The airport's open, Bills Mafia has snow mobiles, and the wind shift has opened the window for SE Buffalo for at least several hours - they'll get there...eventually.
Reed Timmer, extreme meteorologist, has some video from the airport an hour ago. Not too bad with snowplows clearing a foot of snow, but many airport employees unable to reach BUF airport.

Reed measuring 50 inches of snowfall in Hamburg:

NWS Buffalo, has 3 inches tonight and a 1/2 inch tomorrow..

Buffalo cams from Elmwood Ave aren't bad at all

I think the weather people got played on this one.
I mean, I'm in north Buffalo about 1 mile from that webcam, and I had 14 inches of snow on the ground this morning, measured with a tape measure. Buffalo is good at dealing with snow, but it's still a lot of snow.

That said, north Buffalo doesn't really have much bearing on Orchard Park. Orchard Park has received between 66 - 77 inches of snow, depending on who you read.

Knowing how much snow was coming and that the game was moved maybe they should have planned to leave Thursday night ? I don't know. Waiting till you get 77 inches of snow wasn't the wisest plan but maybe they couldn't leave sooner.

66 inches of snow wtf you talking about
Today looks like the sun is out and 90% of the roads are cleared, but hey it snowed on Thursday and Friday.

Sorry this was a total BS move by the league to take this game out of Buffalo, but hey we saw in 2020 how people do what they are told fast without must reposes.

Carry on

Today looks like the sun is out and 90% of the roads are cleared, but hey it snowed on Thursday and Friday.

Sorry this was a total BS move by the league to take this game out of Buffalo, but hey we saw in 2020 how people do what they are told fast without must reposes.

Carry on
Soooo, where did they put all the snow? On the moon?

Carry on
Curious why Toronto wasn’t an option to host this game.

Carry on
Curious why Toronto wasn’t an option to host this game.

The 109th Grey Cup will be played today to decide the Canadian Football League championship for the 2022 season - the Toronto Argos are playing in the game and the NFL probably did not want to siphon off any additional Canadian focus for the Grey Cup.

While BMO Field in Toronto was likely available - it only has capacity for 27,456 fans for CFL games combined with the fact that it is an outdoor stadium, so it would have been a poor choice for relocation of the Bills game this weekend.

Additional complexity with crossing the border. We don’t think about it but there is a whole industry associated with immigration paperwork required to play games in other countries. Would be required for all the network staff also.

I have a family member who does this work for high profile rock bands and their entire tour staff, it is kinda fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread