What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR - 1pt per 10yd rush/rec, 6pt / TD, 2pt per Rec, 1 pt per 5 carries

Flex spot - Marquis Brown @PIT or Jerome Ford @LAR

Need a HR here, so leaning Brown. Also like his familiarity with PIT stadium after his time with BALT. But would love a second opinion.

Thanks!
I don't know that Brown is such a home run shot. I can see a big play or two but does he have a multi-TD game in him? If he was completely healthy, yes but he was DNP all week. That's a lot of "veteran rest days". He got mad targets last week and was reasonably effective so I can see him as your home run shot for sure. The good news is if he's a late scratch you can pivot to Ford easily enough.

I like Ford a lot more this week with Flacco under center. He has 100-1 upside and catches plenty of passes, which really ups his value in PPR leagues but, I agree that he is likely not the home run hitter Brown is.

No problem with Brown over Ford.

PPR...B.Hall vs Atl or N.Harris vs Ari. I've been riding Hall despite the Jets offensive woes and I haven't played Harris since week 3. I have a huge lead after the Dak-Lamb show on Thursday so I'm looking more floor than ceiling which has me leaning towards Harris.
Harris. He’s playing better now. hard not to start a RB vs AZ these days.

14 team PPR, cant believe I am going to ask, but I need 3 of these(one as my Sflex)

WR - Pickens v Cardinals, Chase at Jax, Downs at Tenn, Godwin vs Carolina, A.T. Perry vs Lions, Watson vs KC and TE - Ferguson vs Seattle.

Right now, got Pickens, Chase at WR and Downs as SFlex. My qbs are on bye for SFlex spot.
I hate these types of decisions. I can see not being interested in Godwin as Baker clearly only has eyes for Mike Evans. And someone needs to explain why A.T. Perry is even a thing at this point. Last man standing isn't good enough for consideration IMO. Carr has zero games with three TD passes, three games with two TD passes and eight games with 0-1 TD pass. And that was with Olave & Shaheed. I expect Kamara all day long this week.

I do, however think that Watson may need to be an option for you but I don't have confidence in who I would bench, probably Downs but with zero confidence. All three of your options have better matchups, on paper, but Watson has been showing signs of life and he really showed last week how dynamic he can be. But, since I can't really decide who to bench you should probably stick with your gut rather than rely on suggestions from some rando on an internet message board.
got Michael Wilson too, but thats not promising even if he plays at PIT. Might be able to play Zappe at SFlex, even a bad QB can outscore a decent WR in our league. Will have to pay attention to that situation sunday morning. UGGGGH!
The Chargers pass defense is bad but, man, this Patriots team looks like it can't wait for the season to be over. Zappe may outscore a mediocre option but it is unlikely he has anywhere near the upside of guys like Pickens, Chase or Watson even with their nebulous situations. But still, maybe 200 & 2 is possible, I guess...if he isn't benched by halftime.

I don't really consider Wilson an option either.

Same decision as last week. Standard scoring: Dak vs Sea or Mahomes vs GB. I made the right choice with Dak last week and right now I'm riding the wave and have Dak in. I know, good problem to have.
Whelp... sorry

This one would have been a little tough but not really. Dak is playing too well to bench at home. Next week will be a little more interesting as the Cowboys have not played well against good teams. But I do see Dak eating well against that Eagles secondary.

Hello Chaka,

Need a QB d/t byes and injuries. Need 1 from this putrid list.
3pt per TD pass, 6pt per TD rush, 1pt per 25 yds pass, 1pt per 10yds rush.

Stafford vs Cleveland - horrible match-up
Carr vs Detroit - Great Match-up but what weapons. Leaning Carr is Olave is able to play.
Pickett vs Arz. - Great Match-up, but will they run all day.
Minshew at Tenn. - Good Match-up but inconsistent.
Browning at Jax. - Good Match-up with some weapons but it's Browning.

Thanks brother!
I would probably lean Carr too. That Detroit defense has been reeling, mostly because Goff is gifting opponents three extra short field drives each game for the last two games. But not having Olave is a real problem. But even with Olave Carr has three two TD games and four zero TD games (four one TD games too). He's thrown for 300 yards four times and less than 200 four times (injury played into that). He has been pretty mediocre. Still, with Olave he is probably your best option, mostly because of the matchup.

Pickett may actually be the best compromise. I am not worried so much about them running all day and he really does have good skill position players around him. The offense finally looked decent last week and maybe that continues and some scoring follows.

My Weekly do I really believe in Breece Hall dilemma....

Note: this is essentially a walkover week, playing the team 12th in scoring (I'm 2nd.) If I manage to lose this week I might retire. Dude has 7 players on a bye, he's starting Michael Carter.

Flex:
  • Breece Hall v ATL (OL, Tim Boyle, general malaise)
  • Jaylen Warren v ARI (new playcallers, fumbled last week)
  • Zack Moss at TEN (zombie RB will be the workhorse for 2-3 weeks)

Also....

WR3: Chris Olave will almost surely miss the Detroit game. He is in the protocol, his 3rd in concussion in the last few years. My options:
  • red hot Jayden Reed v KC
  • rookie A.T. Perry v DET
TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at NO (autostart, right? right?)
  • David Njoku at LAR (touchdown + 2 pt gave LaPorta the edge last week but the CLE TE has been on a tear)
I probably go with Moss who was excellent earlier in the season playing a team so committed to the run.

AT, who? I mean, are you seriously considering a guy who has six targets on the entire season? I'm going with Reed.

It's tough to bench Njoku even with PJ Walker and DTR under center. Too much volume. It's also a better matchup and Goff is struggling enough that ARSB is the only guy I would completely rely upon.

A.T. Perry, healthiest guy in the Saints WR room.

Olave is in the protocol, and Reed (chest) also hasn't practiced all week. There's always tomorrow...

Other WW options:
  • Zay Jones v CIN
  • Jalen Guyton or Quintin Johnston at NE
  • Kalif Raymond or Josh Reynolds at NO
  • Trey Palmer v CAR
  • Jonathan MIngo (LP achilles) or Dontayvion Wicks (LP knee) or Michael Wilson (NP shoulder) are all on the injury report
You don't have to weigh in, there is no correct answer.
Reed practiced yesterday. That's good enough for me. If you're not feeling him...you should definitely go with whoever you have a hunch about because there isn't much to distinguish these guys.

May be overthinking it, - Goff vs Minchew. Colts/Titans could be a pretty wide open game that flies under the radar.

Hello Chaka,

Need a QB d/t byes and injuries. Need 1 from this putrid list.
3pt per TD pass, 6pt per TD rush, 1pt per 25 yds pass, 1pt per 10yds rush.

Stafford vs Cleveland - horrible match-up
Carr vs Detroit - Great Match-up but what weapons. Leaning Carr is Olave is able to play.
Pickett vs Arz. - Great Match-up, but will they run all day.
Minshew at Tenn. - Good Match-up but inconsistent.
Browning at Jax. - Good Match-up with some weapons but it's Browning.

Thanks brother!
Out of that group - Minchew, Pickett, Browning. I’m not a Carr guy, and he has some receiver injuries. One thing about Stafford is the Cleveland D isn’t very good on the road. I think every road game has gone over.

Full PPR, 5 pt bonuses at 100 yards receiving or rushing, Long TD bonuses (2, 4 or 6 pts) for yards over 40, 60 or 80, TEs more favorable (i.e., 1 pt for every 6 yards not 10 yards, 7 pts for TDs not 6 pts).

Need to start 3 of these:

Nacua vs. CLE
Achane @ WAS
Mostert @ WAS
Ford @ LAR
Singletary vs. DEN
LaPorta vs. NO

Leaning...Mostert, Singletary and Nacua. Gun shy with Achane after 2 weeks ago. Need to start either Nacua or LaPorta to fill receiver slot. Thank you.

PPR league. I'm eliminated from the playoffs but I still want to finish strong (and not in last place).

Pick two:
CSamuel vs Mia
Freiermuth vs AZ
Taysom vs. Det

Meanwhile, this is kind of a waiver wire question/WDIS Week 14, but in a non-PPR league, I have two of my three RBs on bye next week, so I'd like to pick someone up ahead of waivers. Best options on the WW are:

KHerbert vs Det
Roschon vs Det
Justice Hill vs LAR
Zeke @ Pitt
Freeman @ Balt (Kyren is my other RB)

Leaning Roschon but I don't feel remotely good about it

PPR league. I'm eliminated from the playoffs but I still want to finish strong (and not in last place).

Pick two:
CSamuel vs Mia
Freiermuth vs AZ
Taysom vs. Det

Meanwhile, this is kind of a waiver wire question/WDIS Week 14, but in a non-PPR league, I have two of my three RBs on bye next week, so I'd like to pick someone up ahead of waivers. Best options on the WW are:

KHerbert vs Det
Roschon vs Det
Justice Hill vs LAR
Zeke @ Pitt

Freiermuth & Taysom

And I agree with you - Roschon

I'll start.

Super flex PPR. I need one flex player.

D. Ridder @ NYJ
W. Levis v IND
J. Ford @ LAR
R.Rice v GBP
C. Ridley v CIN

Usually I at least have some feel for which way I want to go but, ATM, I really don't.

Even in a SF, I don't like Ridder's matchup and Levis hasn't done much to instill confidence.

Probably going with Ridley or Rice.
I like Ridley to keep it going with Jones active. He eats when Jones is on the field.

Pick two:
CSamuel vs Mia
Freiermuth vs AZ
Taysom vs. Det

KHerbert vs Det
Roschon vs Det
Justice Hill vs LAR
Zeke @ Pitt

I agree with you on Johnson since this is a ppr. But both bears are you best choice to grab imo.

Not sure if Im just overthinking my wr2 spot. Standard scoring

Puka Nakua vs Cle
Christian Kirk vs Cin
Amari Cooper @LA
Also have Jayden Reed vs KC but yeah think with his limited practice and really relying on TD to get the points out of him.

Pick two:
CSamuel vs Mia
Freiermuth vs AZ
Taysom vs. Det

KHerbert vs Det
Roschon vs Det
Justice Hill vs LAR
Zeke @ Pitt

I agree with you on Johnson since this is a ppr. But both bears are you best choice to grab imo.
To clarify, that’s a different league with standard scoring. But I still think Johnson makes sense.

What worries me the most is if Foreman is back, that means both the Bears and the Ravens have a three-man backfield. I guess that’s the NFL in 2023

Puka Nakua vs Cle
Christian Kirk vs Cin
Amari Cooper @LA
Also have Jayden Reed vs KC but yeah think with his limited practice and really relying on TD to get the points out of him.
Not sure exactly how many of these you need to start, but I would rank them Kirk-Puca (but it's very close) with Cooper a distant third. You want to avoid that Flacco situation if you can

Puka Nakua vs Cle
Christian Kirk vs Cin
Amari Cooper @LA
Not sure exactly how many of these you need to start, but I would rank them Kirk-Puca (but it's very close) with Cooper a distant third. You want to avoid that Flacco situation if you can
That has been my dilemma…Puka vs Kirk. Kirk probably higher floor, Puka higher ceiling. And Flacco has me tempted more with Cooper than weeks with DTR.

It might come down to how early games go and make an upside call to switch to Puka if I feel I need it.

Puka Nakua vs Cle
Christian Kirk vs Cin
Amari Cooper @LA
That has been my dilemma…Puka vs Kirk. Kirk probably higher floor, Puka higher ceiling. And Flacco has me tempted more with Cooper than weeks with DTR.

It might come down to how early games go and make an upside call to switch to Puka if I feel I need it.
At a minimum, I would give Flacco one week to see if he still has anything left before starting any Browns skill players. I think often with vets, we tend to assume they'll remain as good as they were when we last saw them. But there's a reason he remained unsigned until a team got desperate

I can only start 3 of the following 5 RBs in a PPR (impossible to pick 2 of the other 4 after CMC)

CMC
Kamara
Gibbs
Kyren Williams
Mostert

Last edited:
Need 3 out of these 5;

.5 ppr

Chase
Kirk
Olave
Tank
Achane

Currently I have Achane & Chase on the bench w/ news that Tank & Olave will be active. Kirk is steady but I need a TD game from him.

1 pt PPR…need 3 (and opponent had Dak):

Hall v ATL
Swift v SF
Achane @ Wash
BRob v MIA

PPR League. Need to bench one.

* R. Mostert @WASH - Miami should torch this D through the air. Achane back. Could see all three RBs in the mix. Mostert will probably get 10-12 touches with Achane back. Wide range of outcomes here, but ceiling always high.

* D. Montgomery @NO -- NO rush D is suddenly pretty poor. Could see DET getting back to the ground game after Goff's string of turnover games.

* T. Dell vs DEN - Expected to play. Watched video of him on his calf injury and it doesn't seem like a big deal. Tough matchup here, but hard to sit this guy.

Who do you sit?

Thanks

PPR League. Need to bench one.

* R. Mostert @WASH - Miami should torch this D through the air. Achane back. Could see all three RBs in the mix. Mostert will probably get 10-12 touches with Achane back. Wide range of outcomes here, but ceiling always high.

* D. Montgomery @NO -- NO rush D is suddenly pretty poor. Could see DET getting back to the ground game after Goff's string of turnover games.

* T. Dell vs DEN - Expected to play. Watched video of him on his calf injury and it doesn't seem like a big deal. Tough matchup here, but hard to sit this guy.

Who do you sit?

Thanks
Monty.

I need to pick two RBs:

David Montgomery vs Nola
Travis Etienne vs Cincinnati
Breece Hall vs Atlanta
De'Von Achane vs Washington

It's half ppr. Thanks for any input!

.5 ppr Need ONE flex in two different leagues.

League 1 -
Brian Robinson vs Miami
Diontae Johnson vs AZ
Drake London @ NYJ

League 2
C Kupp vs Clev
Dillon vs KC

Also need a Defense in League 1 - KC @ GB or Rams vs Clev

I need to pick two RBs:

David Montgomery vs Nola
Travis Etienne vs Cincinnati
Breece Hall vs Atlanta
De'Von Achane vs Washington

It's half ppr. Thanks for any input!
I go Monty and ETN from this list. Jets can't get anything going and I can't trust Achane yet.

Need 3 of these 4 in 1/2 point PPR. Like them all

Pacheco @ GB
Mostert @ Washington
Montgomery @ NO
Singletary vs Denver

Initial reaction is Singletary is odd man out but with Denver 32nd against the run I believe he’ll get 20 carries. GB horrid against the run too so expect a big dose of Pacheco. Mostert and Monty are TD machines in matchups where they should get positive game scripts with big leads. Must win - have to get it right this week

Last edited:
Standard Scoring...
Carr vs. DET
Stafford vs. CLE
Yes, I am screwed.
I lean toward Stafford. Browns defense has some injuries (notably Ward is out, and Garrett is hurt although will play), and Carr is missing some offensive weapons.

Thinking about benching Bucs D for Colts D. Lavonte David, Devin White, Jamel Dean, Mike Greene all OUT today vs. Carolina. Am I crazy to start Indy today at Tenn? Any Bucs fans think the D will struggle today?

I need to start two of these players in the flex. Standard scoring, Non-PPR:

Olave vs DET - He is now active and Carr is short on weapons
Ford vs LAR - CLE should be leaning on the run game today\
D Smith vs SF - Has been on fire since they moved him to the slot

The reason for this dilemma is I am now starting Moss in my other flex.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I need to start two of these players in the flex. Standard scoring, Non-PPR:

Olave vs DET - He is now active and Carr is short on weapons
Ford vs LAR - CLE should be leaning on the run game today\
D Smith vs SF - Has been on fire since they moved him to the slot

The reason for this dilemma is I am now starting Moss in my other flex.

Thoughts?
Swift
Olave

To me this is a relatively easy call since Hunt is playing.

Standard scoring full PPR

Amari Cooper (w. Flacco) or Josh Downs

All the NFL analysts are talking about how Flacco was targeting Garret Wilson lat year w/ the Jets and of the belief that Cooper will get those targets.

Standard scoring full PPR

Amari Cooper (w. Flacco) or Josh Downs

All the NFL analysts are talking about how Flacco was targeting Garret Wilson lat year w/ the Jets and of the belief that Cooper will get those targets.
I am starting AC in a couple places, but I don’t have great alternatives:

Flacco knows how to hit his best receivers - I’m optimistic.

But I struggle to recommend him to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread