What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 Game Thread - New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Terrence Newman has really played well the last few games. He's finally living up to the promise he came into the NFL with.

Wow, that was an ugly series.

First, I'd sit Barber except maybe 4th and inches or goaline situations. He's clearly not himself and more importantly, T. Choice sold me last week. Against the toughest D in the league, Choice played well on the road.

He's looked OK at times tonight too. I like that he has a little wiggle to him in the open field as well.

Good thing they suspended Plax. They don't need him.
I'm not a Giants fan, and I don't really watch this team much, but these comments don't make much sense to me. They won a whole bunch of games this year when they barely targeted Burress. I know because I owned this loser, and after week one, he barely showed up. And he didn't get a whole lot of targets, either.Now he's gone and suddenly the all problems are being blamed on him missing? I don't get it...

Tim,

When you have a guy like Buress out on the field, he makes the defense play him with 1 or 2 guys. It's just just Buress, the Giants miss Jacobs.

When the Giants are at their best, it's when Jacobs is rumbling down field, sucking up the secondary and then Buress terrorizing the secondary when Eli gets all day long behind a good o'line on play action.

Tim, When you have a guy like Buress out on the field, he makes the defense play him with 1 or 2 guys. It's just just Buress, the Giants miss Jacobs.When the Giants are at their best, it's when Jacobs is rumbling down field, sucking up the secondary and then Buress terrorizing the secondary when Eli gets all day long behind a good o'line on play action.
This would make more sense if they were targeting him more. I'm not saying they don't miss him; obviously, they do. But to blame all of their offensive woes of recent days on this is real simplistic. Why can't Giants fans admit that in Philly last week and Dallas this week, they're facing two really good defenses with excellent pass rushes?

I'm not a Giants fan, and I don't really watch this team much, but these comments don't make much sense to me. They won a whole bunch of games this year when they barely targeted Burress. I know because I owned this loser, and after week one, he barely showed up. And he didn't get a whole lot of targets, either.Now he's gone and suddenly the all problems are being blamed on him missing? I don't get it...
Teams used to double him with a safety on every play. Now that guy moves into the box and they're averaging about half as many yards rushing each game.

Tim, When you have a guy like Buress out on the field, he makes the defense play him with 1 or 2 guys. It's just just Buress, the Giants miss Jacobs.When the Giants are at their best, it's when Jacobs is rumbling down field, sucking up the secondary and then Buress terrorizing the secondary when Eli gets all day long behind a good o'line on play action.
This would make more sense if they were targeting him more. I'm not saying they don't miss him; obviously, they do. But to blame all of their offensive woes of recent days on this is real simplistic. Why can't Giants fans admit that in Philly last week and Dallas this week, they're facing two really good defenses with excellent pass rushes?
The mistake you're making here is that you're associating getting targets with having an impact.Putting a WR1 on the field to occupy a shutdown corner frees up your WR2. Without the WR1, the WR2 then goes away much easier and the ripple effect makes everyone worse.

It means teams have gathered plenty film on the Giants minus Burress, now they know Eli's tendencies without his BIG playmaker.I'm shocked more by the lack of the Giants O-line not to keep Eli clean from 4 man rushes.To my surprise the Cowboys are playing lights out on D, hopefully the offense can get a few more points. I guess the D does not have distractions :goodposting:

The mistake you're making here is that you're associating getting targets with having an impact.Putting a WR1 on the field to occupy a shutdown corner frees up your WR2. Without the WR1, the WR2 then goes away much easier and the ripple effect makes everyone worse.
I guess you make a good point. I was so frustrated this year as a Plax owner with him seemingly so uninvolved with the offense during several games that I have trouble now with the argument that he was so crucial...

I said the same thing last week and I'm furious that Dallas runs that play on 3rd and short all the time. Barber's got negative yards........how much creativity would it be for a play action fake and throw it to either TO or Witten.

Dallas is messing up just enough for the Giants to steal a game here. No offense to Giants fans but with the Giants not playing at the top of their game, Dallas should have jumped on this and be up by a couple scores.

Eli Manning and that offense is experienced enough to put a drive together when it counts. If they start seeing the finish line in site and it's obtainable, the Giants could win this game even though their offense has been pretty stagnent.

It means teams have gathered plenty film on the Giants minus Burress, now they know Eli's tendencies without his BIG playmaker.I'm shocked more by the lack of the Giants O-line not to keep Eli clean from 4 man rushes.To my surprise the Cowboys are playing lights out on D, hopefully the offense can get a few more points. I guess the D does not have distractions :thumbup:
Why are you surprised? Did you watch the game last week? They played lights out on D last week, too.

Way to fall forward for that extra half a yard Owens. He wonders why they don't go to the guy when they absolutely need something. Earlier, he drops that great pass.... now he catches the ball, a half yard from the first down marker, in the open field, sees a defender closing in, so he falls backwards. He could have taken one step forward, or even just fell forward for the first down.

Is anyone else seeing all the pushing that's going on after the play. I feel like Dallas is going to get called soon. I saw one big guy really push hard and caught someone up in the facemask. That could have been a first down after that sack.

Just great pressure by the Cowboys, very similar to last week. And they're not letting the downfield receivers get open, either.

If the Cowboys can sneak into the playoffs with this defense, they might shock a few people and go deep...

It means teams have gathered plenty film on the Giants minus Burress, now they know Eli's tendencies without his BIG playmaker.I'm shocked more by the lack of the Giants O-line not to keep Eli clean from 4 man rushes.To my surprise the Cowboys are playing lights out on D, hopefully the offense can get a few more points. I guess the D does not have distractions :thumbup:
Why are you surprised? Did you watch the game last week? They played lights out on D last week, too.
But that was against a sieve of a O-Line in the Steelers. The Giants aren't a sieve, at least I thought they weren't.

Right now, I think the way the Cowboys D is playing it's probably the best in the NFC, and probably very close behind Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

If Dallas can win tonight, next week's game against the Ravens promises to be yet another defensive gem, like tonight's game, and the Pittsburgh- Baltimore game this afternoon.

But that was against a sieve of a O-Line in the Steelers. The Giants aren't a sieve, at least I thought they weren't.
The Steelers are not strong on the O-Line, but the Cowboys also played great in coverage last week, as well. And they closed in to stop the run. They were superb in all areas last week, and again this week as well.

Roy Williams is a waste of a first round pick.He's not even around.
He'll be the #1 receiver next year when TO is gone. That trade was a long term deal.
It would be a mistake to let Owens go and Roy Williams is no No. 1 WR. IMO, whether the trade was for long term or not, Roy isn't worth a No. 1 and change. Hope I'm wrong but I'm a Cowboy fan living in Detroit and what I've seen from Roy Williams over the years is not half of what Owens is capble of.

This kid Choice is really starting to impress me, too. He's very tough. Next year you Cowboy fans get Barber, Jones, Choice...there's not enough carries!

Roy Williams is a waste of a first round pick.

He's not even around.
He'll be the #1 receiver next year when TO is gone. That trade was a long term deal.
It would be a mistake to let Owens go and Roy Williams is no No. 1 WR. IMO, whether the trade was for long term or not, Roy isn't worth a No. 1 and change. Hope I'm wrong but I'm a Cowboy fan living in Detroit and what I've seen from Roy Williams over the years is not half of what Owens is capble of.
I disagree. People overvalue picks. Look at what these guys have done recently. Are you saying that Williams isn't worth a Bobby Carpenter, Felix Jones or Anthony Spencer? We'll see how the season finishes. If they fall apart here at the end, I don't see any way they'll bring TO back.

Great play.

This sets up a very similar situation to last week, when Dallas led by 10 at this point. I don't think they're going to lose two of these games...

Nice drive......good series by Choice.

Giving credit where credit's due...loved the play calling by Jason Garrett. The sprinkling of screen to multiple Te's worked very well.

This kid Choice is really starting to impress me, too. He's very tough. Next year you Cowboy fans get Barber, Jones, Choice...there's not enough carries!
Barber's the odd man out. Old/new regime politics. Jerrah will unload him for players/picks.

Users who are viewing this thread