What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3: Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks ***Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Looks like Seattle will move te ball into FG range with very little time left...McCarthy better figure out how much time he wants to try and save...

-Just a thought...let them score however they will and put the ball in Dak's hand instead because whoever has the ball last will have to score to win the game, you want that to be Russell Wilson?

Dak with 417/20/3TDs, will get about 1:30 to try and go roughly 70-80 yds thru the air, they must score a TD...

Could go for 500/4 today and they still might lose. 

Why do teams late in games waste so much time when they need a TD and nowhere near the end zone? 

Who is coaching that team? He needs his own thread 😆

Is the plan to work it down to the 15 with a couple ticks left, toss it one time into the end zone?

I'm not sure I understand what they are doing? Get it down quickly into the red zone...

Unbelievable...they have managed to leave themselves with no timeouts and a few ticks left and they are between the 20 and 30 yd line....they might not take one shot at the end zone, afraid of it. 

Meh. Shoulda threw it away but it was a good a shot as any. 

Seattle is a good team at home. Cowboys need to clean up a few things but I like the progress. They have fight. Just need to make some of those good adjustments earlier and abandon those dumb quick screens to the WRs. We’re simply not good at it. 

In fairness, that was a amazing effort to avoid the sack and stay upright. He was running for his life and panicked a bit.

Seattle defense is terrible. If only there was a team that could/would run the ball all day against them and keep Wilson off the field...

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Meh. Shoulda threw it away but it was a good a shot as any. 

Seattle is a good team at home. Cowboys need to clean up a few things but I like the progress. They have fight. Just need to make some of those good adjustments earlier and abandon those dumb quick screens to the WRs. We’re simply not good at it. 
This team, like the past several, will be mediocre at best. 8-8 ish yet again. McCarthy not necessarily an upgrade. Saving grace is hideous division.

Sam Quentin said:
Run D looked pretty good today. Zeke struggled
14 carries for Zeke. Thats not gonna cut it against Seattle. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get the run game going or you're gonna get into a shootout with Wilson, which youre probably gonna lose.

14 carries for Zeke. Thats not gonna cut it against Seattle. Ya gotta do what you gotta do to get the run game going or you're gonna get into a shootout with Wilson, which youre probably gonna lose.
How many times have I heard this story after the game that they didn't do a good job of getting Zeke the ball enough and then Ginger shrugs and says "I'll do better Jerry"...oh MikeMcCarthy is coaching the team now? Because I swear I've heard this story before. 

How many times have I heard this story after the game that they didn't do a good job of getting Zeke the ball enough and then Ginger shrugs and says "I'll do better Jerry"...oh MikeMcCarthy is coaching the team now? Because I swear I've heard this story before. 
Gurley had 14 carries against Seattle in week 1.

New England RBs got 14 carries total in week 2 (Cam had 11 rushes tho).

Zeke had 14 carries in week 3.

All 3 same result.

I think Cam could have walked in on the last play if he would have taken it outside, but it doesn't matter cuz he didnt.

If you don't run the ball effectively against Seattle, its not going to end well.

How odd was it? Dude tried to break his leg in half.
My comment was in real-time before the replay.  Looked like an innocuous tackle at full-speed, and then Carson went down grabbing his leg.  It was definitely dirty, but wasn't immediately apparent at full-speed.

My comment was in real-time before the replay.  Looked like an innocuous tackle at full-speed, and then Carson went down grabbing his leg.  It was definitely dirty, but wasn't immediately apparent at full-speed.
I mostly post after the game...just shocked nobody else other than you mentioned this play, so referenced your post. Hope Carson is ok.

Gurley had 14 carries against Seattle in week 1.

New England RBs got 14 carries total in week 2 (Cam had 11 rushes tho).

Zeke had 14 carries in week 3.

All 3 same result.

I think Cam could have walked in on the last play if he would have taken it outside, but it doesn't matter cuz he didnt.

If you don't run the ball effectively against Seattle, its not going to end well.
Seattle's defense is bad. But you do realize that one of the reasons running is so low is because their opponents find themselves down by double digits?

Hey Steve, I vaguely remember this play because we were already 30 Minutes into Miami/Boston tonight and I thought "I hope that wasn't anything bad" and at the very very end of the game, but it had a bad look. 

What do we know so far? Was there a press conference, is Twitter blowing up?

Hey Steve, I vaguely remember this play because we were already 30 Minutes into Miami/Boston tonight and I thought "I hope that wasn't anything bad" and at the very very end of the game, but it had a bad look. 

What do we know so far? Was there a press conference, is Twitter blowing up?
Google, "Chris Carson Dirty Play." It's being discussed everywhere.

Google, "Chris Carson Dirty Play." It's being discussed everywhere.
They've been twisting legs on tackles and at the bottom of piles for as long as football has been played, same time doesn't make it right or imply it wasn't a dirty play. Is he OUT long term or we don't know yet? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread