What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 ww pickups (2 Viewers)

Looks like the best pick-up in Seattle. Lacy looks flat.
I'm 50/50 him or prosise (who is available in a lot of places) the guy catching the passes is the one I want on this team. It's a mess. I'd rather pick my poisom with the Vikings or something

:lol: Sure. Why wouldn't you draft the fourth running back on the depth chart of a team with a known (I assume knowledgeable people knew) crappy offensive line; being a seventh round pick before week one. Seems legit.
agree here. I get grabbing Proise or Rawls instead of Lacy, but anybody who grabbed Carson is in 30-man roster leagues or something

I drafted him in a 12 teamer in the 15th. 
hmm, well nice grab. i was suckered into Marlon Mack i think around there, did drop him before the season for Tarik Cohen though  :bowtie:

now if only Jon Fox can fall down a well until the fantasy season is over, we will be good

Not really true... Murray will get early down/goal line work, McKinnon 3rd down/passing down. There's no way McKinnon starts IMHO.
Which goes to my point. 

Middling talent plus weak offensive line plus a split in touches doesn't lead to a wow.

If you're in deep leagues or need a body, go nuts. Otherwise...meh.

hmm, well nice grab. i was suckered into Marlon Mack i think around there, did drop him before the season for Tarik Cohen though  :bowtie:

now if only Jon Fox can fall down a well until the fantasy season is over, we will be good
Yea drafted Cohen and Carson 14th and 15th. Sucks about Carson though.

Ugh, first bye week and the only guy I need to manage is Lutz. Short benches on my team mean I will need to drop someone of value, and hard to drop Lutz outright as he's been gold this year and will likely continue to be. 

I've found that most of big pickups I already drafted or snagged 2 weeks early on speculation. But they haven't been season changers yet.
Reading down this thread but Watson isn't? 

I mean he hasn't yet of course, but he has to have the biggest upside by far to be a season changer.  

Ugh, first bye week and the only guy I need to manage is Lutz. Short benches on my team mean I will need to drop someone of value, and hard to drop Lutz outright as he's been gold this year and will likely continue to be. 
Really?  Short bench, and I would not even think twice about dropping a kicker.  He is not that good - ranked 4th in our league - and the difference between 2nd and 13th ranked kicker is 8 points.

I'd keep a mediocre position player over a kicker any day - particularly with a short-bench, and with all the bye weeks coming up.

agree here. I get grabbing Proise or Rawls instead of Lacy, but anybody who grabbed Carson is in 30-man roster leagues or something
Just not true; he was drafted in both my leagues of 16 & 17 man rosters.   He was sniped before I could grab him in one.  Based on preseason performance, question marks with all the other RBs, and the luster of a young player with promise - plus Carroll's willingness to play his best guy put him on a lot of radars.

If you are having to actually start Lacy as a RB then I would venture to guess you team and season is pretty much shot.

Which goes to my point. 

Middling talent plus weak offensive line plus a split in touches doesn't lead to a wow.

If you're in deep leagues or need a body, go nuts. Otherwise...meh.
Honestly, this sounds exactly like Carsons situation..bad O line...mega touch split, and people went ape-poop for him...

In the NFL , opportunity is the MOST important thing

Honestly, this sounds exactly like Carsons situation..bad O line...mega touch split, and people went ape-poop for him...

In the NFL , opportunity is the MOST important thing
Carson clearly had won the bulk of the work (or was about to) when people were going bananas. That's not the case in Minnesota. 

If you are having to actually start Lacy as a RB then I would venture to guess you team and season is pretty much shot.
I’m looking at 4-0...my RBs are Gordon and then a pile of mostly garbage right now... (Crowell, Ingram, Perine, Charles...and Carson who just went down)

Ill be likely picking up two from the WW pile hoping to hit in one for a bit before probably having to do the same.

Charles Clay TE Buf

Great game yesterday, Jordon Mathews now out a month.  

Now the  No. 1 Option for Tyrod Taylor

In my PPR short bench league, I feel like these are my options and how I'm thinking of my choices having lost a RB (Carson) this week myself:

Powell > Kamara > Ellington > Duke Johnson > Smallwood > Gallman > Whoever Seattle decides to play

Anyone looking at TEs? There are surprisingly some good ones available in my 16-teamer. I've been using Watson while Eifert is out, and he's been fine, but thinking Engram or ASJ might be better options.

There's a lot going on here, a redraft list might be helpful, and yes a lot of these guys are typically owned... in no order...

Watson

Luck

Goff

Murray / McKinnon

Lacy / Rawls / McKissic / Prosise

Kamara

Gallman

Collins

Kroft

Hooper

Clay

Engram

Zay Jones / Holmes

McGuire

Ellington

Clement

McFadden

ASJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamal Charles is available in a large bench league I have.  He looked pretty good with his few touches this week.  CJ Anderson is always banged up.  I'm not spending much BB money on him, but I'm going to try to pick him up.  

Let him go. It's so unlikely to be a difference maker. FWIW I picked him up before Week 1 and love his consistency, but not worth hanging onto IMO.

Let him go. It's so unlikely to be a difference maker. FWIW I picked him up before Week 1 and love his consistency, but not worth hanging onto IMO.
Agree. I'm not against holding a K through his bye, but only if there's no one good in the WW. Otherwise, I'll take my chances and hope to get him back on the flipside.

Probably not much, but a starting RB (assuming he assumes that role again) still has some value when there are fewer and fewer bellcows left.
This is a fair point. He has value. A RB getting the start should be rostered. Frank Gore looks terrible but he's rostered in competitive leagues. Lacy has a better YPC than him- looked good vs IND who has been actually quite good against this run this year so far. 

I barked up that tree once, not going back. Although, if I had a longer bench I would likely take a stab. Everyone will be going after others after some bad injuries this week, Lacy could be a sneakier play that would cost less FAAB.

A note on Aaron Jones.  I am surprised he is not getting more mention in here.  I think GB was looking for a way to limit Ty Mont touches even before he got hurt.  Now Aaron Jones proved he is likely a better play than Jamaal Williams even if they are both healthy, and note that Williams got hurt.

So if Williams and TyMont miss wk 5 (I realize they have been optimistic on TyMont since the game but we will see), Aaron Jones becomes a top 5 RB play for week 5 against Dallas.  Then he has probably moved ahead of Williams as an extremely valuable lottery ticket.  And lastly I say he gets flex level touches even when Ty Mont plays simply because Jones looked good when he was in.

A note on Aaron Jones.  I am surprised he is not getting more mention in here.  I think GB was looking for a way to limit Ty Mont touches even before he got hurt.  Now Aaron Jones proved he is likely a better play than Jamaal Williams even if they are both healthy, and note that Williams got hurt.

So if Williams and TyMont miss wk 5 (I realize they have been optimistic on TyMont since the game but we will see), Aaron Jones becomes a top 5 RB play for week 5 against Dallas.  Then he has probably moved ahead of Williams as an extremely valuable lottery ticket.  And lastly I say he gets flex level touches even when Ty Mont plays simply because Jones looked good when he was in.
Fill-in RBs on GB have not been top 5 players, historically.

Heck the starting RB on GB has not been a top 5 player very often under McCarthy.  Not when you can give it to Rodgers and let him throw all day.

Fill-in RBs on GB have not been top 5 players, historically.

Heck the starting RB on GB has not been a top 5 player very often under McCarthy.  Not when you can give it to Rodgers and let him throw all day.
Point taken.  I confess to hyberbole there.

If he doesn't have to share though for one week, and seeing what RBs have done to Dallas, how about top 15 anyway. 

Adam Levitan‏Verified account @adamlevitan  5m5 minutes ago

More

20-year-old Juju Smith-Schuster has been in on 75% of the total snaps and 89% of Big Ben's dropbacks over the last two weeks.

Point taken.  I confess to hyberbole there.

If he doesn't have to share though for one week, and seeing what RBs have done to Dallas, how about top 15 anyway. 
I was curious enough about this to fire up the data dominator.  Since 2015, here are how many top 5 RB weeks each NFL team has produced:

ARI    12
ATL    10
BAL    3
BUF    8
CAR    5
CHI    10
CIN    6
CLE    3
DAL    9
DEN    7
DET    3
GB    5
HOU    6
IND    1
JAX    2
KC    11
LAR    6
MIA    6
MIN    7
NE    8
NO    4
NYG    3
NYJ    8
OAK    3
PHI    3
PIT    14
SD    6
SEA    5
SF    4
TB    3
TEN    4
WAS    6

Now back to your regularly scheduled WW pickups discussion.

Adam Levitan‏Verified account @adamlevitan  5m5 minutes ago

More

20-year-old Juju Smith-Schuster has been in on 75% of the total snaps and 89% of Big Ben's dropbacks over the last two weeks.
Eli Rogers was a healthy scratch yesterday.  I think JuJu has surpassed him on the depth chart

Users who are viewing this thread