What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

week 6 sleepers (1 Viewer)

It might be time to start looking at Carlos Rogers (CB WAS). He's started the last two games and recorded 10 solos, 1 assist, and 1 FF. He's a rookie CB so KC will try and test him. The main thing to keep an eye on, though, is that he's started the last two games because Walt Harris has been injured, who might be back this week. Shawn Springs has also been in and out. So, if either Harris or Springs is out this Sunday, Rogers could see quite a few throws his way and have a few shots at Priest and LJ. I guess if both Harris and Springs are out, Rogers may not be a great play because Ade Jimoh will be on the other side and would probably be tested more than Rogers.All of that to say Rogers, depending on injuries, might be a good play this week.

I have a hard time with these. The ones that most think of as sleepers I don't because in my leagues they are already on a roster. Darrent is actually available in one of my leagues, didn't know that.Travis Fisher goes against Indy.CC Brown against Seattle.Kalimba Edwards against Panthers, but depends on health of Hall and Redding.Colby Bockwoldt against Falcons - due to the other LBs being hurt and Hodge suspended.Scott Shanle with Nguyen hurt and out possibly.Pacman Jones or Andre Woolfolk going against Cincy.

I have a hard time with these. The ones that most think of as sleepers I don't because in my leagues they are already on a roster. Darrent is actually available in one of my leagues, didn't know that.

Travis Fisher goes against Indy.

CC Brown against Seattle.

Kalimba Edwards against Panthers, but depends on health of Hall and Redding.

Colby Bockwoldt against Falcons - due to the other LBs being hurt and Hodge suspended.

Scott Shanle with Nguyen hurt and out possibly.

Pacman Jones or Andre Woolfolk going against Cincy.
i have pacman and darrent playing this week for me the main reason being is that my league gives points for return yards as well...i also i have ike taylor but for some reason we didnt see him returning monday night anybody know why?

I also have my eye on Bockwoldt and Shanle this week. Hunchback if you had your choice, and Dat is out, who would you start if either? I would be starting one over Tinoisamoa.

I know nothing about Shanle to be honest. With the NO offense having issues that might force the defense on the field alot making Bockwoldt a decent play. With NO it looks like TJ Slaughter didn't practice or play last week. Hodge is perhaps going to be suspended for the year. Allen the starting SLB now I think was nursing an injury of some sort also. Fichner is still out to my knowledge. This leaves Watson at MLB and McKinnon as the other LBs that I know of. The biggest problem that Bockwoldt has had is rotating with all the other LBs. If all this is true then there isn't really anyone he can rotate with.

I have a hard time with these.  The ones that most think of as sleepers I don't because in my leagues they are already on a roster.  Darrent is actually available in one of my leagues, didn't know that.

Colby Bockwoldt against Falcons - due to the other LBs being hurt and Hodge suspended.

i have pacman and darrent playing this week for me the main reason being is that my league gives points for return yards as well...i also i have ike taylor but for some reason we didnt see him returning monday night anybody know why?
If you have any space on the offensive side, look at Darren Sproles from SD, Reggie Swinton from Ari, Willie Ponder from NYG and of course Dante Hall from KC (although he is probably already taken).

I have a hard time with these.  The ones that most think of as sleepers I don't because in my leagues they are already on a roster.  Darrent is actually available in one of my leagues, didn't know that.

If you have any space on the offensive side, look at Darren Sproles from SD, Reggie Swinton from Ari, Willie Ponder from NYG and of course Dante Hall from KC (although he is probably already taken).
I don't think he starts guys just for special teams but is trying to double up on their special teams and defensive stats. Starting the guys you mentioned you would have to sit other more productive RBs/WRs probably.

I don't think he starts guys just for special teams but is trying to double up on their special teams and defensive stats. Starting the guys you mentioned you would have to sit other more productive RBs/WRs probably.
yea i was talking about DB that return punts and kickoffs...my bad i was also talking about ike taylor not returning punts or kickoffs on monday night...he actually still got me 6 pts tho

I know nothing about Shanle to be honest. With the NO offense having issues that might force the defense on the field alot making Bockwoldt a decent play.

With NO it looks like TJ Slaughter didn't practice or play last week. Hodge is perhaps going to be suspended for the year. Allen the starting SLB now I think was nursing an injury of some sort also. Fichner is still out to my knowledge. This leaves Watson at MLB and McKinnon as the other LBs that I know of. The biggest problem that Bockwoldt has had is rotating with all the other LBs. If all this is true then there isn't really anyone he can rotate with.
I can tell you that Shanle is an interesting play b/c he is a starting nickel linebacker for Dallas -- he typically only backs up in the middle on running downs, and typically subbed in for Bradie James on passing downs -- if you add up the snaps he gets in place of Dat, he should perform well past his 2-3 tackles/game average. So goes the theory. Last week the Dallas D was on the field so little it was hard to get a good read on Shanle since he still only had three tackles. I think he may explode this week if Dat is again out ... the Giants will keep Dallas D on the field a lot more than Philly did I think.I also agree with you about Bockwoldt.

Interestingly, I am now talking myself into starting both Shanle and Bockwoldt over Beisel and Tinoisamoa ... probably a stupid move, but I am 2-3 in this league and what the hey ... take some risks for fun.

FS Mike Furey STL - Starting due to injury. Posted decent stats this past Sunday.
Good to know, although I thought I read where Indy's O doesn't give many points to opponents DBs. For the Rams, is there any thought of Atogwe getting in?

Users who are viewing this thread