What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

ill be following foles close if vick out.i needa qb for bye next week.i have schab but he looks like crap

Foles for sure since I'm seeing Vick could be out 2 weeks. Williams not sure since there is Dez, Witten and Austin, could be that one week wonder. Not sure Romo's going to sling 5 Td's in a game going forward.

Kind of a thin week compared with the previous ones and many of the guys I'm listing might be rostered:

Foles

Alshon Jeffery if he's still on your WW. (not in any of my leagues)

Zak Stacy

Blount

Boldin

Pettis

Pryor

Hill

Fitzpatrick (next two games are ugly - SEA, SF)

Helu

J. Simpson

Clay

Randle

T. Williams

Heath Miller

Harvin (he claimed he'll be back in week 7...seeing more like around Thanksgiving)

Anybody think Freeman getting away from the bully in TB and getting coached back up can become FF worthy again?

Anybody think Freeman getting away from the bully in TB and getting coached back up can become FF worthy again?
Vikings seem like a similar team to TB: ultra talented RB, bit less talened at WR but deeper and more diverse group of pass catchers over all. Plus his coach wont hate him and the Vikings defense has some big holes in it so he may have to sling it around. He probably wont be more than a match up bye week play at best but stranger things have happened.

This may sound strange, but for anyone in need of a one week QB rental, Chad Henne would be worth a look. Going up against Denver's 32nd ranked pass defense and having Blackmon back makes for a good combination. You know Jax will be down early and will be chucking the ball for a full three quarters. Garbage yards count just as much.

Marcel Reece, Jennings seems to be out of the game and McFadden obviously questionable at best
This. It could quite possibly be a perfect storm for Reece again where the #1 and 2 go out with injury. Reece was a real PPR asset in the 4 games he was featured in last year.

pretty sure this is the week i have been waiting for. strange rules in my keeper league and i have no. 1 priority since i am in last place.

i will be taking:

alshon jeffrey

i will also seriously consider;

rueben randle (geared toward 2014 if nicks leaves NYG)

nick foles (i have vick)

Add me to the Marcel Reese list.

McFadden the slow healer...Reese's recent success when given the chance...this one is worth reaching for a bit.

Andre Ellington - Mark my words... in 3-4 weeks he's going to be one of those FA adds that ends up winning a lot of people championships. Every time the kids touched the ball he's looked like the best offensive player on the Cards. Right now he's sitting pretty at 18 carries, 120 yards, 6.7ypc and 13 receptions, 144 yards, 11.1 ypr. He's been a freak and the coaches are really starting to see it.

Keenan Allen - Kid looks good. Rivers is keying on him. Awful defense and they're forced to pass non-stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Ellington - Mark my words... in 3-4 weeks he's going to be one of those FA adds that ends up winning a lot of people championships. Every time the kids touched the ball he's looked like the best offensive player on the Cards. Right now he's sitting pretty at 18 carries, 120 yards, 6.7ypc and 13 receptions, 144 yards, 11.1 ypr. He's been a freak and the coaches are really starting to see it.
Ellington should definitely be rostered if he hasn't already, but don't be so sure that the coaching staff will bench Mendenhall as long he is healthy and the team is hanging in there. Don't overestimate a coach's loyalty to his veterans (see Marvin Lewis/BJGE).

I'd also add Percy Harvin. Isn't he supposed to be ready Week 7?
He's allowed to start practicing with the team after Week 6 and is eligible to return to the field of play Week 7. Your speculation is as good as mine, but the consensus is that he's more likely than not going to see game time until a few weeks later--most estimates being Week 10 or 11. However, the only news out as far as his recovery recently has been positive.

So, even with that being said I think that now is an appropriate time to pick him up. In a week or two the media is going to have a ####storm over his possible return and it's implications, and by that point everyone is going to be putting in bids on the WW. If you're to a good start and can afford to drop that WR4/5 on your bench to hold him for 5-6 weeks, I say do it.

He's allowed to start practicing with the team after Week 6 and is eligible to return to the field of play Week 7. Your speculation is as good as mine, but the consensus is that he's more likely than not going to see game time until a few weeks later--most estimates being Week 10 or 11. However, the only news out as far as his recovery recently has been positive.

So, even with that being said I think that now is an appropriate time to pick him up. In a week or two the media is going to have a ####storm over his possible return and it's implications, and by that point everyone is going to be putting in bids on the WW. If you're to a good start and can afford to drop that WR4/5 on your bench to hold him for 5-6 weeks, I say do it.
Yeah I'd rather beat the rush for him now. My WRs are Bryant, Garcon, White, MWilliams, and Givens. With the way Givens has been playing lately, he certainly seems expendable at this point. With only needed to start 2 WRs every week, I feel I can stash Harvin and wait at this point. With our league using FAAB, now might be the best time because I don't think many other people are thinking about him at this point.

Welcome to the party

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=690939

Ellington should definitely be rostered if he hasn't already, but don't be so sure that the coaching staff will bench Mendenhall as long he is healthy and the team is hanging in there. Don't overestimate a coach's loyalty to his veterans (see Marvin Lewis/BJGE).
Oh sure, I understand that absolutely. The big difference here is how much Arians has been talking about getting Ellington more involved... then actually getting him more involved. He's been making the most of every touch he has gotten and his workload keeps increasing. I haven't been able to find his snap count % yet, it's not up on PFF as of this moment. But I'm sure it's increased. At the very least he got 7 carries this week, his most to this point has been 4.

Sure, we need to see the Cards really bench Mendy but lets face it, Ellington is far and away the best RB on this team. I'd be blown away if Ellington doesn't see at least 10 carries this week (game script permitting obviously).

which tight end would you rather have this year? Heath Miller or Jared Cook? .5 ppr. reason I ask is miller is on waivers

which tight end would you rather have this year? Heath Miller or Jared Cook? .5 ppr. reason I ask is miller is on waivers
For me? Miller and it's not even close... Ben LOVES Heath and when he's on the field he's Ben's go to guy in tough situations. Bradford has no allegiance to Cook and has been looking more towards Kendricks than Cook. Cook is a far superior talent to Miller, but his QBs trust and consistency isn't something we can ignore when it comes to a receiver in fantasy.

Oh sure, I understand that absolutely. The big difference here is how much Arians has been talking about getting Ellington more involved... then actually getting him more involved. He's been making the most of every touch he has gotten and his workload keeps increasing. I haven't been able to find his snap count % yet, it's not up on PFF as of this moment. But I'm sure it's increased. At the very least he got 7 carries this week, his most to this point has been 4.

Sure, we need to see the Cards really bench Mendy but lets face it, Ellington is far and away the best RB on this team. I'd be blown away if Ellington doesn't see at least 10 carries this week (game script permitting obviously).
This seems relevant to the discussion...

Andre Ellington and Rashard Mendenhall each played 30 snaps in Sunday's Week 5 win over the Panthers.

Related: Rashard Mendenhall

Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter
Oct 7 - 10:24 AM
Week 1: 11% of snaps

Week 2: 28% of snaps

Week 3: 46% of snaps

Week 4: 30% of snaps

Week 5: 50% of snaps

His snaps seems to be steadily increasing week to week. This week him and Mendy were in a full time share. Who knows... next week could be 55/45 in favor of Ellington. There's zero reason to not keep giving Ellington some more carries to see what he does with him. It may not be this week or next week. But as I said, in 3-4 weeks he could be getting the majority of the work.

Thinking 2009 Jamaal Charles here... starting his firs 7 games with almost nothing in terms of opportunity. Then he took over and exploded for the second half of the season.

Ellington First 5 games: 18 carries, 120 yards, 6.7ypc - 13 receptions, 144 yards, 11.1 ypr

Charles First 5 games: 19 carries, 83 yards, 4.36ypc - 13 receptions, 119 yards, 9.15 ypr

Hell, he's actually been better than Charles, behind a worse line so far...

Charles final 7 games of the season after taking over as starter?

161 carries, 968 yards, 6.0 ypc, 7 TDs - 23 receptions, 158 yards, 6.86 ypr, 1 TD

It's not very likely that he becomes Charles, but I think their running styles are extremely similar, he's on a better team than Charles was on in 2009, he has a better coach than Charles had in 2009 and his situation is getting better with every week.

Last edited by a moderator:

This seems relevant to the discussion...

Andre Ellington and Rashard Mendenhall each played 30 snaps in Sunday's Week 5 win over the Panthers.

His snaps seems to be steadily increasing week to week.
Nice find, and it was a reasonably close game. In previous games, one would have expected in a milk-the-clock situation that Mendenhall would get most of the snaps, but not so much anymore.

The arrow is certainly pointing up for Ellington, even if Mendy isn't going away.

This week him and Mendy were in a full time share. Who knows... next week could be 55/45 in favor of Ellington.

...his situation is getting better with every week.
I agree with most everything that's been said about Ellington thus far. One thing that hasn't been mentioned: Ellington & Mendenhall were on the field together several (many?) times. On those plays, Ellington would start split wide. Sometimes he would come in motion (Harvin style) then run the ball wide or fake a wide run (he'd have housed one of the fakes). Other times he'd stay wide and enter a pattern like a WR; on one of these, he made a WR quality sideline catch (seriously amazing; good in/out of break, good hands, good body control.)

He looked so good in the Harvin/Cobb style role, I'm afraid they'll move more in that direction than making him the full time starter instead of Mendenhall. Maybe that's not a bad thing, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyone want to run playing time for Andre Roberts/Mendenhall vs. Ellington? (where are you guys getting those PT stats?)

Users who are viewing this thread