What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon said:
Maybe Gainwell vs the Jets if Howard and Sanders are both forced to miss?
The Jets are EPICALLY  terrible against the run this year. In 12  games they have allowed EIGHTEEN  runningbacks score over 11 points  this year....Heck the patriots had 3 different runningbacks who were all startable the week they played.   Everysingle week had at least 1 startable except  1. That week was last week where the lowfy houston rb corp scored over 13 points between 2 players...   Lastly only 2 teams have given up more  than  300 fantasy points to rb's in my main league....  The otheris Seattle with 315 points given up.....and  last the jets...at 365 ...so a full 50 points WORSE than the next worst.  

SPORTSRADIO 94WIP

⁦‪@SportsRadioWIP⁩

Miles Sanders: Continuing to progress

Jordan Howard: We'll get more on him tomorrow. He's limited today.

Jason Kelce: Out today, but doing good and progressing.

12/1/21, 12:36 PM

ignatiusjreilly said:
In my main money league, desperate for WR help. What do people think of Devante Parker? He's notoriously difficult to trust, and Waddle seems to have emerged as Tua's preferred weapon, but if he is indeed back this week I may need to take a flier on him over Sanders/Toney.
If Parker sits again I’ll probably go with Tim Patrick. Seems like the safest option (as safe as you can be when you’re one of three WRs on a team with Bridgewater as QB). 

Other options are RMoore, Green, Hardman, Shepard, or Hilton (betting on the “TY Houston” effect)

If Parker sits again I’ll probably go with Tim Patrick. Seems like the safest option (as safe as you can be when you’re one of three WRs on a team with Bridgewater as QB). 

Other options are RMoore, Green, Hardman, Shepard, or Hilton (betting on the “TY Houston” effect)
rondale moore had 11 targets and 11 receptions last game.  (yeah I know for only 50 yrds)  But still  color me intrigued.  

rondale moore had 11 targets and 11 receptions last game.  (yeah I know for only 50 yrds)  But still  color me intrigued.  
Yes, would definitely give him more consideration if this were a PPR league. But don't forget that Hopkins will likely be back, and this offense has generally been a crapshoot when all the WRs are healthy.

>>Receiver DeVante Parker, who has missed four consecutive games with a hamstring injury, returned to practice. Tagovailoa said he looked good and wasn’t limited in practice.<<

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article256107972.html

Rolling the dice on Josh Reynolds to cover a bye. Looked decent last week and DET will probably have to throw to keep up with MIN, who gives up 2nd most points to WRs.

Rolling the dice on Josh Reynolds to cover a bye. Looked decent last week and DET will probably have to throw to keep up with MIN, who gives up 2nd most points to WRs.
If Swift is out I would think they will pass more but good luck getting the HC/OC to agree to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, considering him as well. As of right now, I'm favored, so I'm more inclined to play it safe, but I could definitely see the argument for Reynolds as a higher-variance start.

ignatiusjreilly said:
In my main money league, desperate for WR help. What do people think of Devante Parker? He's notoriously difficult to trust, and Waddle seems to have emerged as Tua's preferred weapon, but if he is indeed back this week I may need to take a flier on him over Sanders/Toney.

In the continuing saga of "All My Crappy WRs", I've narrowed my decision down to Shepard, Reynolds or Moreau (WR/TE flex). I think if Jones plays and Toney sits, Shepard is probably a good play, especially since the Dolphins give up most of their WR production to the slot. Reynolds is way more boom or bust. Minny's D is worst in the league vs WRs, but betting on which Detroit WR, if any, will show up in a given week has been a fool's errand. Moreau probably has the best chance to score, but I don't really like starting TEs (especially backups) in my flex

ignatiusjreilly said:
In the continuing saga of "All My Crappy WRs", I've narrowed my decision down to Shepard, Reynolds or Moreau (WR/TE flex). I think if Jones plays and Toney sits, Shepard is probably a good play, especially since the Dolphins give up most of their WR production to the slot. Reynolds is way more boom or bust. Minny's D is worst in the league vs WRs, but betting on which Detroit WR, if any, will show up in a given week has been a fool's errand. Moreau probably has the best chance to score, but I don't really like starting TEs (especially backups) in my flex
Moreau is stepping into a very valuable role and thats the apple of Derek carrs eye. Plus redskins give up points to TE. Raiders will miss not much of a beat 

Moreau is stepping into a very valuable role and thats the apple of Derek carrs eye. Plus redskins give up points to TE. Raiders will miss not much of a beat 
I just need Waller to get officially declared as "out" so I can move him to IR and free up a roster spot.  Freed up the IR spot when I dumped AB's punk ### yesterday.

ignatiusjreilly said:
I should probably just wait until all the injury news is settled before posting again, but hopefully, witnessing my real-time thought process/agony is helpful to others. Or maybe it can at least give you guys some schadenfreude  :lmao:

Dropped Shepard after he was declared doubtful (and Jones was declared out). Went with Tim Patrick because I'm sick of all this back and forth and want someone (relatively) safe. But I may change my mind again before Sunday. When you're faced with a bunch of bad choices, it's hard to ever feel very confident in your decision.

Yahoo league where FA still avail....GB home vs CHI for Sunday night or TEN at home vs JAX next week?  

I did similar but with Cooks...done with him. And putting GB in there over Tampa next week.
Cooks seemed to have very little chemistry with Taylor.  He seemed to do better with Davis Mills.   I’m not starting him but Taylor is injured again. Can’t bring myself to cut him either

Cooks seemed to have very little chemistry with Taylor.  He seemed to do better with Davis Mills.   I’m not starting him but Taylor is injured again. Can’t bring myself to cut him either
He sucked so often with Mills too...just can't see going into the playoffs or trying to get there thinking Im as likely to get 3 points out of him as anything else.  They just aren't good.  Sticking with Tyreek, Patterson, Van Jefferson with Patterson going between RB and WR when I need him and slipping Jefferson in the lineup if Patterson goes to RB.  Cooks...meh...Im out.   Lots of targets...they just don't amount to anything.

R. Penny -- I knew it. Should have stashed him. Even with AP there he got 10 carries...and looked decent. Good schedule.

A. Abdullah -- OC just got fired for not running the ball. He'll be involved.

C. Hyde -- Feel like J. Robinson is either too banged up or in the doghouse.

MVS -- #2

KJ Osborne -- Theilan high ankle sprain.

LAC D -- Sweet schedule. Maybe they've solved some things. Kept Mixon in check.

They are very likely to host the Jake Fromm led Giants in week 14.

NorthJersey.com's Art Stapleton reports QB Jake Fromm is "in line" to start Week 14 against the Chargers. 

Mike Glennon was diagnosed with a brain injury following the Giants' Week 13 loss to the Dolphins and Daniel Jones hasn't been cleared for contact with a neck strain that could sideline him for several weeks. That leaves Fromm, who has yet to complete an NFL pass after being drafted with the 167th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, as the team's presumed starter against LA. The Giants signed Fromm off the Bills practice squad last week. The last we heard from Fromm, he was caught sending racist text messages and apologizing to teammates and fans for his transgressions. Fromm starting for the Giants is yet another downgrade for every fantasy-relevant player in the New York offense. Expect the Giants to do whatever it takes to get Glennon under center for Week 14.

R. Penny -- I knew it. Should have stashed him. Even with AP there he got 10 carries...and looked decent. Good schedule.

A. Abdullah -- OC just got fired for not running the ball. He'll be involved.

C. Hyde -- Feel like J. Robinson is either too banged up or in the doghouse.

MVS -- #2

KJ Osborne -- Theilan high ankle sprain.

Penny had a nice catch and one nice run towards the end of the game, while averaging 3.5 per. ADP got all the goal line attempts and Homer broke a 70+ yard TD. I like Penny more than most but I don't see a lot or reason for optimism. Desperation flex play IMO but he definitely has that "What if...?" factor.

I have been playing this game for decades, I am the most active owner on the wire  in my league every season, and it's never even close. For the life of me I can't tell you what team Ameer Abdullah plays for.

Interesting call on the LAC D. I have been wondering if Staley would be able to turn this D around this season or if they would need to get more interior line help first. Don't need them v NYG but week 16 v Hou looks nice.

Penny had a nice catch and one nice run towards the end of the game, while averaging 3.5 per. ADP got all the goal line attempts and Homer broke a 70+ yard TD. I like Penny more than most but I don't see a lot or reason for optimism. Desperation flex play IMO but he definitely has that "What if...?" factor.

I have been playing this game for decades, I am the most active owner on the wire  in my league every season, and it's never even close. For the life of me I can't tell you what team Ameer Abdullah plays for.

Interesting call on the LAC D. I have been wondering if Staley would be able to turn this D around this season or if they would need to get more interior line help first. Don't need them v NYG but week 16 v Hou looks nice.

I'm looking at Penny for weeks 16 and 17 where SEA has CHI and DET. If they can keep it rolling and Penny starts to kick that door open wider...stranger things have taken place.

Ditto on playing for decades and being the most active owner. Abdullah getting chatter in that he actually out snapped Chuba and is the pass catching back. Feels more desperate, but most RB needy teams are as well.

LAC D no doubt will be a top pickup this week. I'll have no shot at them I fear.

I'm looking at Penny for weeks 16 and 17 where SEA has CHI and DET. If they can keep it rolling and Penny starts to kick that door open wider...stranger things have taken place.

Ditto on playing for decades and being the most active owner. Abdullah getting chatter in that he actually out snapped Chuba and is the pass catching back. Feels more desperate, but most RB needy teams are as well.

LAC D no doubt will be a top pickup this week. I'll have no shot at them I fear.
Carolina! Oooooohhh-kay. My guess was going to be Detroit.

Chargers D has been terrible all year, are they really going to be a hot commodity?

And I absolutely agree with you about Penny (Seattle D, with CHI & DET at home, should be considered as well if you are considering LAC). I've been an SDSU guy since the days of Faulk, Darnay & McGwire and loved Penny coming out. He's just always missed his opportunities at the pro level that I feel very cautious about him.

Still, I just lost Drake RoS and I'm going to target Penny over picking up Peyton Barber (I own Jacobs). I was seriously considering picking Penny before kickoff yesterday but I would have had to drop Breida and I was hesitant to do that.

Still, I just lost Drake RoS and I'm going to target Penny over picking up Peyton Barber (I own Jacobs). I was seriously considering picking Penny before kickoff yesterday but I would have had to drop Breida and I was hesitant to do that.

So annoyed with myself. I debated Penny before kickoff but with a bye in hand I decided to protect my lone TE (M. Andrews) in the case of disasterous injury. Grabbed Kmet. Dumb. Now I'll try and drop Kmet for Penny.

So annoyed with myself. I debated Penny before kickoff but with a bye in hand I decided to protect my lone TE (M. Andrews) in the case of disasterous injury. Grabbed Kmet. Dumb. Now I'll try and drop Kmet for Penny.
Fantasy seasons are always littered with the bodies of decisions we could have made.

You're in the playoffs and got your bye that's what matters.

Guess we can roll back any discussion about Breida going forward. Not sure how much he would have been involved anyway, but that fumble (somehow credited to Allen) was probably the nail in his fantasy coffin.

Guess we can roll back any discussion about Breida going forward. Not sure how much he would have been involved anyway, but that fumble (somehow credited to Allen) was probably the nail in his fantasy coffin.

Agree. Droping.

He's in the doghouse, Moss was active so it's a three person committee, and god knows after last night, Buffalo and Allen are going to throw the ball 80 times.

Is anyone considering rolling the dice on Derrick Henry or Michael Carter? If so, when?

I think Carter is eligible to be activated for week 15.

Haven't seen a word about either on the news wires.

Thoughts?

Is anyone considering rolling the dice on Derrick Henry or Michael Carter? If so, when?

I think Carter is eligible to be activated for week 15.

Haven't seen a word about either on the news wires.

Thoughts?
RE: Carter. Week 14 is week three of his IR stint, so he would be eligible for week 15. Just not sure how his ankle has healed - I doubt we'll hear anything until next week.

He might be worth a stash though. Ty Johnson seems to have worked himself out of the rotation, so Carter might renew a big role if healthy. Just not sure how much Coleman would eat into his workload to keep Carter healthy. 

Thielen out. Osborn could be a good 1-2 week play. 

I'm going after him on WW tonight, thinking about bidding my remaining balance ($18), Win and I'm in playoffs scenario with not many options out there and my team banged up. Damian Harris, Pittman, and Hurts on bye, Dalvin and M. Carter on IR. 

Wondering about C Hubbard and A Abdullah in CAR and how this pans out. I'm seeing another 50/50 and new coordinator emphasizing the rush. Seeing Abdulla ranked even higher. Abdullah is supposed to be more of a 3rd down receiving back? Or will we see more of him rushing the ball?

Same goes for D Foreman and D Hilliard in TEN.

How would the Sharks ranks these 4 goes going forward and for this week. Seems like all qualify for Flex status, perhaps even RB 2. 

Wondering about C Hubbard and A Abdullah in CAR and how this pans out. I'm seeing another 50/50 and new coordinator emphasizing the rush. Seeing Abdulla ranked even higher. Abdullah is supposed to be more of a 3rd down receiving back? Or will we see more of him rushing the ball?

Same goes for D Foreman and D Hilliard in TEN.

How would the Sharks ranks these 4 goes going forward and for this week. Seems like all qualify for Flex status, perhaps even RB 2. 
Problem with Panthers RBs is this week is their last good matchup. They close with Buf/TB/NO for the playoffs. On top of that, Hubbard was meh filling in for McCaffrey earlier this season and they clearly want to give Abdullah more work going forward.

If you need a spot start this week I can see it (I'd still put Hubbard first). But beyond that it's probably a stay-away.

Problem with Panthers RBs is this week is their last good matchup. They close with Buf/TB/NO for the playoffs. On top of that, Hubbard was meh filling in for McCaffrey earlier this season and they clearly want to give Abdullah more work going forward.

If you need a spot start this week I can see it (I'd still put Hubbard first). But beyond that it's probably a stay-away.
Yes, I am looking for a Flex start this week with Sanders, Stephenson, and Pittman on a bye. As of right now I have Hilliard in that spot with Foreman available in FA. I actually think I would rather role the dice with Hilliard > Foreman.

In the league I picked up Hubbard he could be my 8th RB and here I am thinking about swapping him for Hilliard. Talk about being RB heavy: Jacobs, Chubb, J Williams, Gordon, Stephenson, Hunt, Hubbard, Carter (IR). I'm leaning going after Hilliard for a potential bigger play > Hubbard. Most likely neither will get a start, but ya never know. 

Looked around and couldn’t find much - for those of us with dynasty teams and a few roster spots available with byes over, who are some good 2022 stashes we can add now?  Thanks.

Looked around and couldn’t find much - for those of us with dynasty teams and a few roster spots available with byes over, who are some good 2022 stashes we can add now?  Thanks.
Probably already rostered but Herbert on Chicago would be a good pickup. Gainwell also.

Hyde is tempting, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Meyer give him 50 carries with all the crap the media is giving him about J. Robinson usage.

For some reason in my redraft 12 team where we start three receivers, Juedy and Boyd are available. Who would you prioritize between them two and Osborne? Only other receiver is Julio if he plays. 

Just heard today the Panthers are also out at least one, maybe 2, O-linemen due to covid. Could affect some upside there. 

Right there with you. Got em both for what few bucks I have left. FBG says Abdullah is a better option this coming week, which seems off, but I sure as hell ain't getting paid for my predictions. Guessing it's all because of PPR. Was surprised by it since I thought Chuba would get handed the ball a lot this week. /shrug

The Jets are EPICALLY  terrible against the run this year. In 12  games they have allowed EIGHTEEN  runningbacks score over 11 points  this year....Heck the patriots had 3 different runningbacks who were all startable the week they played.   Everysingle week had at least 1 startable except  1. That week was last week where the lowfy houston rb corp scored over 13 points between 2 players...   Lastly only 2 teams have given up more  than  300 fantasy points to rb's in my main league....  The otheris Seattle with 315 points given up.....and  last the jets...at 365 ...so a full 50 points WORSE than the next worst.  
Another week and 2 more rb's score over 15 points in my half point ppr league against the jets.  If your ww is bare and your desperate for a 1 week start (if engram is out)  you could do worse than starting Montgomery (NO)  against the jets this week.  

Users who are viewing this thread