What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

Double said:
Is Foreman a better pickup or Hasty?
Good question.  Depends on the health of the other RBs in SF.   If Hasty is the main RB in SF, it’s worth a roll of the dice.  Foreman should be solid but probably not going to be a game winner.   

Seems like a lot of things / players to follow this week. So many potential starts and Flex play and injuries and Covid and who's playing, and which player scores more fantasy points - Mr. Obvious. I'm watching SF RB situation - need a sure thing here or I'm out. I'm watching D Hilliard in at Flex or some other that rises over the week, like a Hasty. Same with Aiyuk and SF with or without Deebo and does it matter. Is there a better Flex. I'm watching CAR RB's with CAM in the mix. Had to start CAR D/ST in one league. We'll see. I'm watching T Hill and loving the news so far in one league. No room to pick him up in other leagues. I'm watching Conklin jump up the board but I don't need a TE. I'm watching K.J. Osborn still a FA and wondering if Osborn > Aiyuk. Sounds like Osborn might give us at least 2 weeks. 

With limited benches and limited moves it's important to jump when the news breaks. And then how soon do FBG's begin to change. I will find news here and on my phone. 

Not so fast there.  Williams isn't even guaranteed to miss week 14, nevermind week 15.  He was only a close contact; he has not tested positive ATM.
You are correct as I just heard the news that Williams is only a close contact to Allen. Hopeful now.

Is anyone considering rolling the dice on Derrick Henry or Michael Carter? If so, when?

I think Carter is eligible to be activated for week 15.

Haven't seen a word about either on the news wires.

Thoughts?
I'm putting in a bid for Henry. My bench is decimated with injuries so I have room. It sounds like he will be back early January. You never know, he could be back slightly earlier. I'll be competing with about 2000 other teams in weeks 15-17. The top total points win the money. If Henry is back for week 17 and maybe 16  that would be like having the guy who goes off in a DFS lineup. If you don't have him you don't have a chance. 

Grabbed Penny after waivers. 

Most theoretical upside. All Days running on fumes and Collins flopped hard with extended run as starter. Penny looked the best last weekend and he actually started ahead of Collins 2 or 3 weeks ago before going down. There's one thing that's certain....no one has given Penny more lives/chances than Peter Carroll

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Penny after waivers. 

Most theoretical upside. All Days running on fumes and Collins flopped hard with extended run as starter. Penny looked the best last weekend and he actually started ahead of Collins 2 or 3 weeks ago before going down. There's one thing that's certain....no one has given Penny more lives/chances than Peter Carroll

Picked him up as well.

SEA could get on a roll here. The schedule is there. Wilson healthier. Big win over SF.

Penny is a great playoff stash. Matchup week 17 in the championship game vs DET alone worth the hold right now if you've clinched and have room.

Was able to get Osborn and even though Julio Jones will probably get activated, I will have to start Osborn and save Julio Jones until Sunday in case Elijah Moore doesn't play.  It's a calculation that could backfire with a dud from Osborn and Julio has a great game and I don't start him because Moore plays, but would be worse if I sit Osborn (Thurs game) and Moore sits and Julio either sits or throws up a dud.

Was able to get Osborn and even though Julio Jones will probably get activated, I will have to start Osborn and save Julio Jones until Sunday in case Elijah Moore doesn't play.  It's a calculation that could backfire with a dud from Osborn and Julio has a great game and I don't start him because Moore plays, but would be worse if I sit Osborn (Thurs game) and Moore sits and Julio either sits or throws up a dud.
Similar situation here. Have to start Osborn with Moore questionable. My WRs include Pittman who's on bye and Cooks who is hard to trust right now. Opponent has Dionte Johnson on Thursday night too. Defenses for both aren't very good right now so it could be a shootout of sorts. 

Picked him up as well.

SEA could get on a roll here. The schedule is there. Wilson healthier. Big win over SF.

Penny is a great playoff stash. Matchup week 17 in the championship game vs DET alone worth the hold right now if you've clinched and have room.
would you dare start Penny this week ? Ballsy I know. My Pats RBs are on bye and I have several others hurt or on bye as well (Waller, McKissic, D. Parker). Thinking of putting him in as my flex. 

would you dare start Penny this week ? Ballsy I know. My Pats RBs are on bye and I have several others hurt or on bye as well (Waller, McKissic, D. Parker). Thinking of putting him in as my flex. 

Depends on other options, but I don't think it's a terrible gamble. 

The matchup is there against a pitiful HOU rush D. He'll get touches.

Then again, AP may get goaline, Collins could get sprinkled in.

I know this. We'll know if Penny is truly a "thing" after this weekend.

Depends on other options, but I don't think it's a terrible gamble. 

The matchup is there against a pitiful HOU rush D. He'll get touches.

Then again, AP may get goaline, Collins could get sprinkled in.

I know this. We'll know if Penny is truly a "thing" after this weekend.
Other (healthy, not on bye) options include Ertz (TE counts as WR) and Josh Reynolds. 

I picked up Osborne for $1. Rolling with him and Jefferson... May actually roll with him, Jefferson, Mattison, and Cook because I have no idea who is going to go off and my alternatives are below... 

Now I just need to figure out who to pickup and drop Ingram for if Gordon/Edmonds aren't playing this week... choosing between terrible SEA RBs/HOU RBs on FA or guys like Shepard / Boyd. 

I can’t add and start Penny because I believe AD will get the goal line and Homer will get the passing down work 

That leaves 10-12 carries for 40 yds for Penny. Throw in a catch and you’ve got 5-6 points in ppr. And that’s if he doesn’t get hurt during the National Anthem.

I hope all of us that are running Osborn out there tonight are happy in the morning 

:lol:

I can’t add and start Penny because I believe AD will get the goal line and Homer will get the passing down work 
Not necessarily. I believe Peterson needs to be activated again off the practice squad, and with Collins returning, that may not happen. Plus not sure that AP would automatically get those carries.

As for the passing game, Homer has done well there, but so did Penny last week - one particular blitz pick up down the stretch had Carroll heaping praise after the game.

More from Carroll: https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1467994497002852355?s=20

That leaves 10-12 carries for 40 yds for Penny. Throw in a catch and you’ve got 5-6 points in ppr. And that’s if he doesn’t get hurt during the National Anthem.

I hope all of us that are running Osborn out there tonight are happy in the morning 

:lol:
Homer caught four passes for ten yards last week, I don't think he is a lock for the receiving role.  He's also questionable with a calf.

So Elijah Mitchell appears to be DNP today, so trending towards out on Sunday I estimate.  Both Jeff Wilson and JaMycal Hasty are on the WW - who would be better to pick up?

Wilson had some knee irritation this week too, Hasty seems like the only fully healthy RB.  Unless you consider Deebo an RB.

So Elijah Mitchell appears to be DNP today, so trending towards out on Sunday I estimate.  Both Jeff Wilson and JaMycal Hasty are on the WW - who would be better to pick up?

Wilson had some knee irritation this week too, Hasty seems like the only fully healthy RB.  Unless you consider Deebo an RB.
I read that Wilson had a "flare up" with his knee, or something like that.

Not necessarily. I believe Peterson needs to be activated again off the practice squad, and with Collins returning, that may not happen. Plus not sure that AP would automatically get those carries.

As for the passing game, Homer has done well there, but so did Penny last week - one particular blitz pick up down the stretch had Carroll heaping praise after the game.

More from Carroll: https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1467994497002852355?s=20

Homer caught four passes for ten yards last week, I don't think he is a lock for the receiving role.  He's also questionable with a calf.
Eh, that’s what makes ff fun. We all place our bets on what we think is going to happen. No one knows.

My $ will not be on Mr Penny 

So Wilson the pickup? Thinking of dropping Foreman for him in full ppr. 
I wouldn't.  He had a knee "flare up" three days ago and now he's supposedly in line to start? Not sure I trust it.  Foreman got 19 carries against the Pats for 109 yards and was the starter and played throughout the game.  Hilliard broke off a big play and had 11 other carries but he was definitely the 1b to Foreman's 1a.

I like Shanahan to beat the heck out of his #1 RB as much as anyone but I'm just not confident Wilson can hold up to the punishment.

I got lucky with Osborn.  Glad I saved Julio for Sunday in case Moore sits.  I hope one of Julio or Moore plays.

Mixon hasn't practiced this week...anything to see with Perine?
He did put up 18.3 against GB in week 5 and 15.5 against Bal week 7 (PPR) and Chris Evans is out this week, so if Mixon is out he should be a work horse.  Depending on if Mixon is weakened from the illness he could get a load even if Mixon is active.  I'd definitely give him consideration.  I'm debating dropping Kyle Pitts for him.

He did put up 18.3 against GB in week 5 and 15.5 against Bal week 7 (PPR) and Chris Evans is out this week, so if Mixon is out he should be a work horse.  Depending on if Mixon is weakened from the illness he could get a load even if Mixon is active.  I'd definitely give him consideration.  I'm debating dropping Kyle Pitts for him.
Yahoo being what it is…able to put Eli Mitchell in IR since he was ruled out.  Picked up Perine as a just in case.  Not sure I will play him at all…but will keep my opponent or anyone else from him.

Godwin Igwebuike or Jermar Jefferson (Detroit) with Swift out and Jamaal Williams on Covid list.  Jefferson did miss weeks 11 and 12 with a high ankle sprain, but did play last week against Minnesota.  (8 snaps for Jefferson yielding 5 touches, 28 snaps for Igwebuike yielding 3 touches).

PFF Grades below - neither guy has seen much action

Godwin Igwebuike - 50 total snaps
Running 92.2 on 8 running snaps
Receiving 62.9 on 39 receiving snaps
Pass Blocking 85.0 on 2 Pass blocking snaps
Run Blocking 60.0 on 1 Run blocking snap

Jermar Jefferson - 27 total snaps
Running 76.1 on 12 running snaps
Receiving 74.8 on 12 receiving snaps
Pass Blocking 30.9 on 2 Pass blocking snaps

Matt Waldman talks about Jefferson here:

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-gutcheck-554-jermar-jefferson-is-a-buy-low

Godwin Igwebuike or Jermar Jefferson (Detroit) with Swift out and Jamaal Williams on Covid list.  Jefferson did miss weeks 11 and 12 with a high ankle sprain, but did play last week against Minnesota.  (8 snaps for Jefferson yielding 5 touches, 28 snaps for Igwebuike yielding 3 touches).

PFF Grades below - neither guy has seen much action

Godwin Igwebuike - 50 total snaps
Running 92.2 on 8 running snaps
Receiving 62.9 on 39 receiving snaps
Pass Blocking 85.0 on 2 Pass blocking snaps

Jermar Jefferson - 27 total snaps
Running 76.1 on 12 running snaps
Receiving 74.8 on 12 receiving snaps
Pass Blocking 30.9 on 2 Pass blocking snaps

Matt Waldman talks about Jefferson here:

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-gutcheck-554-jermar-jefferson-is-a-buy-low
Igwebuike will be in the receiving back role more often. He’s dynamic in space.

Detroit had almost two dozen flu cases this week. They split the practices into two squads (morning/afternoon) trying to contain it. Swift, Reeves-Maybin, most of their D line declared out with injuries (Hockenson doubtful.) Thay’ve got a UDFA guy making his NFL debut who will be starting at EDGE.

I’m expecting them to come out flat and be behind early. I think the game script favors Godwin over JJ.

Who to pick first among Jeff Wilson, Hasty, Penny or Igwebuike? Leaning Wilson and hoping he lasts more than one play...
Everyone has to love Wilson but I'm bearish on him. I question if his can his knee hold up and even if it does will he get the receiving opportunities over Hasty?

Last time Mitchell missed a game Wilson got 19 carries and two targets, which is awesome, but it was against the overmatched Jags, he only managed 58 yards and Sermon also got 10 carries and a target. It doesn't sound like his knee has significantly improved since then.

Wilson is probably the "smart" or safe choice but I might gamble on Penny. I think he's the most talented of the bunch and the Seahawks should roll against the Mills led Texans.

If there was ever a week to play Penny this is probably it. Seahawks know that Collins isnt coming back next year and also Penny could be super cheap given his injury history. Add  in the opposition and its a perfect storm.

That said watch him break his wrist picking up a bottle of Gatorade

Lions RB situation is fluid and it’s hard to extrapolate from small sample sizes, but Godwin Igwebuike should have good volume independent of game script. If it goes as bad as I expect, he’s a very good pass catching & so far has been decent in pass pro. If the game is close, Jefferson missed two practices this week and had been behind Igwebuike all year. Practice squad RB will he active but I doubt he sees many snaps - he’ll likely take the KR duties from Iggy.

Just picked up Hasty and plugged him into Dobbins I mean Swift I mean Mitchell’s spot at rb2 in a must win game. FML. 
With Wilson not on injury report, Hasty is not the play. Looking at Abdullah or Penny now. I think I might pick them both up now and drop Hasty and Tevin. 

Users who are viewing this thread