What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

Kirk, Moore, and AJG are available in my ten man full ppr as well. Don’t know who I’d drop for the gamble on one of the three.

Kirk, Moore, and AJG are available in my ten man full ppr as well. Don’t know who I’d drop for the gamble on one of the three.
Im not gonna even bother. One will do well (and it might change game to game) but good luck figuring it out. Someone in my league scooped up Kirk out of the 3 and hes the highest owned of the 3.

Wondering if J. Howard is a pickup for the stretch run.

Limited practice today so he's back and it doesn't sound like M. Sanders is a slam dunk (if he ever was).

Jacksonville is a steaming pile right now, but what about Treadwell? 4 catches and 50+ yards in 3 straight games. Building a bit of a rapport with Lawrence. If they ever fire Urban, maybe this could blow up.

Anyone considering picking up and streaming the Las Vegas Raiders Defense this week? 
I am having trouble keeping up with all the players on the Covid list.

Keenum is a pretty capable backup, how is the offensive line? I know Conklin is out RoS.

ETA: @groin pains now Keenum is in the Protocol. With Nick Mullens under center and likely no Landry, yeah you may want to consider the Raiders d at this point. Not sure what your other options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of picking up Trubisky to go with Allen for the playoffs as there is only bottom five feeders available in my league.  Anyone else doing this?

Thinking of picking up Trubisky to go with Allen for the playoffs as there is only bottom five feeders available in my league.  Anyone else doing this?
If you have Allen and most other QBs are rostered then it isn't a terrible idea. If your championship is week 17 they face the Bills Falcons.

If you really think that Mitch starting would be better than any of the WW options, then I guess. Also, if I recall correctly Allen is unvaxxed and Trubisky already had Covid a couple months ago 

With Freiermuth in the protocol, I'm thinking of being proactive and using the "Yahoo loophole" to drop a bench guy and pick up one of the TEs playing Monday or Tuesday in order to bypass waivers. Kmet and Everett are available. Haven't been following either of them particularly closely this year, but leaning Kmet. He hasn't scored once all year, which either says something structural about the Bears offense (Graham gets the RZ looks?) or else means he's due for some regression

With Freiermuth in the protocol, I'm thinking of being proactive and using the "Yahoo loophole" to drop a bench guy and pick up one of the TEs playing Monday or Tuesday in order to bypass waivers. Kmet and Everett are available. Haven't been following either of them particularly closely this year, but leaning Kmet. He hasn't scored once all year, which either says something structural about the Bears offense (Graham gets the RZ looks?) or else means he's due for some regression
I think Graham is their RedZone guy, but I still like Kmet over Everett

Plenty of injuries to keep an eye on, but Samaje Perine would presumably carry the load if Mixon is out for week 16.

Joe Mixon rushed 17 times for 58 yards in the Bengals' Week 15 win over the Broncos.

He caught one pass for two yards on his lone target in the pass game. It's Mixon's second straight scoreless 58-yard rushing effort after he'd gone nine straight games with a touchdown. Mixon battled some sort of leg issue in the fourth quarter, limping off a couple times, going to the locker room once, before watching the final couple minutes on the bench. He had to be helped off the field by trainers. Mixon gets huge volume as a runner, but his pass-game role is extremely sporadic, with two targets or fewer in 9-of-14 games. Mixon gets a Week 16 date with the Ravens, assuming he's healthy. He went 12-59-1 against the Ravens back in Week 7.

I have a Who Do I Drop question, which I guess is also sort of an indirect WW question: Carter or Freeman?

I know that after both seemed to lose their RB1 status yesterday, the correct answer is probably "both" or "who cares?" And with a roster full of mid-level RBs (Gibson, Jacobs, Edmonds, Penny, Michel) it's unlikely I'd start either one. Still, Carter does get the Jags next week, so there's also the possibility my opponent could use him against me. 

JohnnyU said:
kyoun1e said:
Probably. But I'd think it strange for DET to not keep Reynolds in the mix. Especially after a big AZ victory.
My point is that if Williams is back that makes Reynolds too risky to bet your fantasy playoffs on.
It’s still not out of the question Swift returns. They did some stuff with him Saturday & they’ll try to work him into practice this week. DC said he feels better today than he did Saturday.

In his Monday presser Campbell said let’s see who we have available, it’s a high quality problem, but regardless of who comes back, Craig Reynolds has earned carries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread