What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We're in a permanent coup (1 Viewer)

####### cesspool  
Don't do this.

Take the rest of the day off and be better if you come back. 

I get it the forum doesn't have much diversity. I think that's a legit problem. So I want you to be better and be here. You're one of the handful that can add to the other side. But you're not going to do it like this using the language filter like that and you're not going to just throw stuff like that out with no backup. Be better. 

Don't do this.

Take the rest of the day off and be better if you come back. 

I get it the forum doesn't have much diversity. I think that's a legit problem. So I want you to be better and be here. You're one of the handful that can add to the other side. But you're not going to do it like this using the language filter like that and you're not going to just throw stuff like that out with no backup. Be better. 
#SorryJoe

sho nuff said:
No...a known conflict of interest is if his father was doing things to influence the company.  Bidens son or the Trump's just having business over seas is a potential conflict and why they should be avoided.  Nobody will argue that.
Conflict of interest is "a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity."  

A conflict of interest is not actually doing something, it is just the state of being in a position where one could benefit from.  

sho nuff said:
This is then ridiculous stuff...people disagree with you, clearly state why...and you throw this crap out there over and over again.
It has zero to do with the disagreeing part.  What triggers the response is all the wrappings.  If one wants a good response, don't wrap in personal non sense.   All this 'I said I am not responding to you, but..' stuff is pure arrogance.  A good discussion should not include calling a person a troll or an alias or parroting fox news or questioning their integrity, sincerity or motives.  The discussion becomes personal and any points of legitimate discussion gets lost.  

Conflict of interest is "a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity."  

A conflict of interest is not actually doing something, it is just the state of being in a position where one could benefit from.  
Like scheduling a major world conference to be held at a resort property you own?

How is this not a bigger deal, by the way? He's just doing whatever he wants, and it's got to stop!
It's all timing--there were at least 3 stories yesterday (this one, the bogus "ceasefire", and the admission of quid pro quo) that would have been the biggest scandal in any administration since Watergate. But, with all of them on the same day, none of them is as big of a deal as they should be because attention is split. Then toss in Trump's psychotic rant at his rally last night and it's impossible to keep attention on any one scandal.

It's all timing--there were at least 3 stories yesterday (this one, the bogus "ceasefire", and the admission of quid pro quo) that would have been the biggest scandal in any administration since Watergate. But, with all of them on the same day, none of them is as big of a deal as they should be because attention is split. Then toss in Trump's psychotic rant at his rally last night and it's impossible to keep attention on any one scandal.
Oh, I see. Maybe we should 25th Amendment Trump, just so that he can get some help.

That’s part of it. But the other part is that all we can do is impeach the guy and the Republican Senators will not convict. So he can break these laws with impunity. 

And why won’t the Senate convict? Because yesterday Trump’s rally was full, and there were 30,000 people watching outside, loudly cheering and applauding every comment. 

I agree - Hunter and Joe Biden had  a conflict of interest in Ukraine.  But, that's not what this was about.  If Trump was really concerned about conflicts of interests, he'd be looking into [insert looooong list of Trump conflicts here].  There are so many conflicts of interest within the Trump administration that it's laughable that Trump is concerned about ethics.  If anything, Trump is pissed that someone else was grifting without him.  It's like a mob boss getting pissed off that someone held up a gas station.

No, this was about two things: 

1. Pushing a conspiracy theory (rejected by his own IC), which clears the Russian involvement in 2016.

2. Coercing the Ukranian government into publicly announcing an investigation into the Democratic frontrunner.

I agree - Hunter and Joe Biden had  a conflict of interest in Ukraine.  But, that's not what this was about.  If Trump was really concerned about conflicts of interests, he'd be looking into [insert looooong list of Trump conflicts here].  There are so many conflicts of interest within the Trump administration that it's laughable that Trump is concerned about ethics.  If anything, Trump is pissed that someone else was grifting without him.  It's like a mob boss getting pissed off that someone held up a gas station.

No, this was about two things: 

1. Pushing a conspiracy theory (rejected by his own IC), which clears the Russian involvement in 2016.

2. Coercing the Ukranian government into publicly announcing an investigation into the Democratic frontrunner.
And you are correct, although I don't think you can completely divorse the Hunter Biden ordeal.  But Trump is taking corrupt to bold new levels.

Is there a particular reason you don't trust the investigation/analysis that has already occurred on this subject?
I don’t trust the Clinton email investigation either. It’s pretty clear with Strok Page Comey Brennan our alphabet soup people are biased. CNN has hired a bunch of spooks to frame the propaganda narrative 24/7. Seems they are covering up for themselves and a lot of well known team blue crooks to me. People don’t chant lock her up for nothing.

All I had to see was Biden on national television bragging about how he got the prosecutor fired who was investigating gas company, Burisma where his son had questionable dealings. The whole Russian collusion delusion was a side show to distract from deeply treasonous blue team deals. One of them was for jet fighter technology the Bidens gave to China. 

I don’t trust the Clinton email investigation either. It’s pretty clear with Strok Page Comey Brennan our alphabet soup people are biased. CNN has hired a bunch of spooks to frame the propaganda narrative 24/7. Seems they are covering up for themselves and a lot of well known team blue crooks to me. People don’t chant lock her up for nothing.

All I had to see was Biden on national television bragging about how he got the prosecutor fired who was investigating gas company, Burisma where his son had questionable dealings. The whole Russian collusion delusion was a side show to distract from deeply treasonous blue team deals. One of them was for jet fighter technology the Bidens gave to China. 
So..... I'll mark you down as one in the "political leanings" group as there isn't a single part of this position taking issue with the investigation that was done. Thank you for your honesty. Not much of that around here these days. 

He was investigating Burisma?  Wait no...thats actually completely false.  Why is posting things that are knowingly false continually accepted and done nearly exclusively by those supporting Donald Trump?

Well, this part is true, anyhow.  They are totally biased against conmen, cheats, security risks and other criminal elements.  Please link to Biden bragging about getting the prosecutor who was investigating the gas company where his son had dealings fired.

Well, this part is true, anyhow.  They are totally biased against conmen, cheats, security risks and other criminal elements.  Please link to Biden bragging about getting the prosecutor who was investigating the gas company where his son had dealings fired.
Here.

Nope. That's a video of him bragging about getting rid of the prosecutor who wasn't investigating anyone, as agreed by the entire world outside of the Trump Zone.
According to the guy who was fired, he was.  According to media sources he wasn't.  But maybe those sources were Biden staffers.  Despite numerous sources which report it as fact, do we really know those reports are accurate?  Do we really what is the basis is for saying he wasn't investigating?  It is just some opinion from some unnamed person who most likily has no real insight into the inner workings of the investigation and could have some ulterior motives.  

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the guy who was fired, he was.  According to media sources he wasn't.  But maybe those sources were Biden staffers.  Despite numerous sources which report it as fact, do we really know those reports are accurate?  Do we really what is the basis is for saying he wasn't investigating?  It is just some opinion from some unnamed person who most likily has no real insight into the inner workings of the investigation and could have some ulterior motives.  
According to the guy who was fired...who claimed this long after being fired and only, thus far, cited by John Solomon.

According to every other source...there was no ongoing investigation of Burisma and Biden.

According to the guy who was fired...who claimed this long after being fired and only, thus far, cited by John Solomon.

According to every other source...there was no ongoing investigation of Burisma and Biden.
He put this in an affidavit.

“I was forced out because … I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, where Hunter Biden was a member of the board,”

He is probably corrupt and lying, but that is his position.  

“I was forced out because … I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, where Hunter Biden was a member of the board,”

Yet there was no evidence of such am investigation and all other sources dispute that.

And the only source of the affidavit has been Solomon, correct?

Yes, it is. Yet you have taken that position and repeated it over and over as well. Why?
That is an unexcellent statement.  I have stated that a few time, but I will express skepticism or even put 'investigate' in quotes.  I have not presented it as a fact, just that is his position. 

Coke sniffing Biden who got kicked out of the navy helped the Chinese get fighter jet technology from us too. Team blue is crooked to the core so they attack Trump 24/7 to distract from their crimes. Traitors.!

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/08/16/grassley-names-hunter-biden-in-probe-of-transfer-of-sensitive-technology-to-china-during-obama-administration/

oh boy

jon_mx said:
Do we really know that he wasn't a shapeshifter from another galaxy sent to infiltrate earth? Presuming he's human is just some opinion from some unnamed person who most likely has no real insight and could have some ulterior motives.

Anything is "possible" and "may" be true.  What rational people do is look at all the surrounding facts and reports and base their decisions on those, not on wild speculation.  Here, we have essentially every one of our allies in Europe seeking to have the guy removed because he was part of the problem and was doing nothing to stop corruption. On the other hand, we have the guy who was fired saying he was doing his job and is a victim of corruption.  Shocking that someone accused of wrongdoing by half the world would claim otherwise, I know, but despite that, I think I'll go with the finding of a dozen or so of our allies.

jon_mx said:
According to the guy who was fired, he was. 
Jon, Shokin wrote letters to the UK and other courts saying the investigation was C.L.O.S.E.D. as early as 2014.

jon_mx said:

Please read through the Conspiracy Theories thread. That affidavit is by Shokin and it's dated 9/4/19, 3.5 years after he was fired by not just the president, and also confirmed as fired by the whole damned Ukraine parliament. This is like fairy tale world.

Jon, Shokin wrote letters to the UK and other courts saying the investigation was C.L.O.S.E.D. as early as 2014.
And that was prior to when Shokin took over.  Look, I don't believe him.  I express skepticism about his claims.  This entire last several pages is people getting upset because Shokin is called the prosecutor investigating the firm hunter worked for.  Whether he was actively investigating or just should have been and wasn't or whatever, this is all the mob getting bent out of shape and making it personal over semantics.  It is silly.

Please read through the Conspiracy Theories thread. That affidavit is by Shokin and it's dated 9/4/19, 3.5 years after he was fired by not just the president, and also confirmed as fired by the whole damned Ukraine parliament. This is like fairy tale world.
I presented his statement and said he is probably lying.  What did I say that you disagree about?  

I presented his statement and said he is probably lying.  What did I say that you disagree about?  
Not to speak for SID, but what's maddening is you saying "I don't believe him. He's probably lying. He's probably corrupt." And, despite that, you contend his self-exculpatory statement alone is enough that it justifies another "investigation" into Biden and that anyone who tries  to point out how little sense that makes "is all the mob getting bent out of shape and making it personal over semantics".

And that was prior to when Shokin took over.  Look, I don't believe him.  I express skepticism about his claims.  This entire last several pages is people getting upset because Shokin is called the prosecutor investigating the firm hunter worked for.  Whether he was actively investigating or just should have been and wasn't or whatever, this is all the mob getting bent out of shape and making it personal over semantics.  It is silly.
No, Shokin took over February 2014. Before that he was deputy general prosecutor over Zlochevsky/Burisma when the incidents at question happened. This was before Hunter even joined the board.

Not to speak for SID, but what's maddening is you saying "I don't believe him. He's probably lying. He's probably corrupt." And, despite that, you contend his self-exculpatory statement alone is enough that it justifies another "investigation" into Biden and that anyone who tries  to point out how little sense that makes "is all the mob getting bent out of shape and making it personal over semantics".
I don't recall trying to justify another investigation.  My point was simply because Hunter worked at that company it presented a conflict of interest for Joe Biden.

The implicit couching it as a ‘position’ he holds, as though it’s just a different POV. It’s not. The affidavit is 95% a defense of Dmitri Firtash to help him fight extradition to the US. Do you know who that is?

I don't recall trying to justify another investigation.  My point was simply because Hunter worked at that company it presented a conflict of interest for Joe Biden.

jon_mx said:
And, on top of that you linked to a story of Biden getting the "lying" "corrupt" guy fired as proof that he interfered with the investigation into Burisma:

jon_mx said:

This is interesting....are you saying that you don't think another investigation is needed?

And, on top of that you linked to a story of Biden getting the "lying" "corrupt" guy fired as proof that he interfered with the investigation into Burisma:
I have not suggested there was any interfering thus I was not trying to prove any such thing.  But there was a conflict of interest.  That is it.  It taints whatever Biden did.

This is the problem with this place.  All people care about is gotcha politics.  This is a bunch of silly semantics.  

I have not suggested there was any interfering thus I was not trying to prove any such thing.  But there was a conflict of interest.  That is it.  It taints whatever Biden did.
I'm sorry, this is just Trumpian level denials of direct quotes.

This is the problem with this place.  All people care about is gotcha politics.  This is a bunch of silly semantics.  
Jon - you were doing fairly well in not resorting to the martyr shtick. No need to go there now.

Biden and his son do have a place in the larger conversation of nepotism and how we want to police how sons/daughters/friends/donors of high level politicians act. The problem is that the all the facts have been terrible distorted and the conversation happening isn't about the favors and conflict of interest, it is about a conspiracy theory put forth by the president. 

Biden and his son do have a place in the larger conversation of nepotism and how we want to police how sons/daughters/friends/donors of high level politicians act.
Spot on....

My point was simply because Hunter worked at that company it presented a conflict of interest for Joe Biden.
And this is where people are going to give you grief and it is absolutely NOT semantics.  There is a significant difference between stating "hey, that IS a conflict of interest" and "hey, that MIGHT be a conflict of interest...we better look into that further".  The details in these conversations matter a lot.  They are important to get right.  There's a whole timeline out there showing exactly what's happened.  And Trump's position of "hey, we need to investigate this because it's a conflict of interest" is completely negated by the timeline and any facts of the events.  It's been investigated and two different prosecutors have come back with "nothing to see here folks".  One can make the argument that they don't trust those prosecutors because they were pressured by Biden.  That exact same argument can be made by the opposite side saying those prosecutors were pressured by Trump.  So where does that leave us?

Personally, I feel that there was a conflict of interest w/ Hunter & Joe Biden.  Hunter shouldn't have taken that job.  His partner, Christopher Heinz, dissolved the partnership with Hunter because of it.

It ultimately doesn't matter though.  First of all, it's a MUCH larger conflict of interest for the president to use the full weight of his office plus congressionally appropriated taxpayer dollars to investigate purely because Biden isxa political rival.  @jon_mx correctly states that perception of conflict is as bad as actual conflict - it sure feels like Trump is doing this for political reasons - ergo, conflict of interest.

Secondly, if the president was truly concerned about conflicts of interest stemming from children leveraging influence of political parents, he need look no further than his own kids.  It strikes me as extremely hypocritical when his own kids are continuing Trump business around the world.  Trump is the damn poster child for political family grift.

TL/DR: Hunter should have not taken the Burisma job.  Trump asking Zelenskyy to investigate is a MUCH larger conflict, as is the entire Trump Org.

If you weren’t apologizing for Trump 24/7 and expressing concern about the MASSIVE conflicts of interest with his own kids and using his position of power to promote his personal brand, this might be an interesting discussion. But the hypocrisy is just too rich, absurdly obvious, and makes your faux concerns incredibly disingenuous. 

Personally, I feel that there was a conflict of interest w/ Hunter & Joe Biden.  Hunter shouldn't have taken that job.  His partner, Christopher Heinz, dissolved the partnership with Hunter because of it.
To be fair, Heinz didn't dissolve the partnership until at least 8 months after Hunter joined Burisma's board.

Also, it wasn't just about Hunter Biden. Chris Heinz was the stepson of John Kerry (Secretary Of State at the time), and another one of their business partners (Devon Archer) had already joined Burisma's board. And their firm had been doing business with the Chinese government since 2010. Soooooooo......it seems that if Heinz had ethical concerns, they were proportional in nature and not directly caused by Hunter joining Burisma.

Users who are viewing this thread