What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We're just broken. And nobody can or will fix it. (2 Viewers)

The more I read discussions about gun control, tariffs, immigration, etc., I've finally come to the conclusion that we are broken as a country. We aren't broken as individuals. We help each other, we help our neighbors, and we respond in a time of crisis. But, our leaders and our government are broken. If I paid someone to fix my car and it still didn't run, I would want my money back. If I went to a doctor and he amputated my leg when it didn't need to be, I would sue. Why do we allow our politicians to rip us off by promising one thing and delivering nothing? It's time to remove the money from the equation. If you serve our country, you should do it because you believe you can make things better, not make yourself wealthier. It's time to hold people accountable. This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing. They all suck. Forget about the color of your state and start making decisions that are best for the country. While there's still a country left. 
Couldn't agree more

No third party spending, spending limits for all politicians, register lobbyists, if you are in government when you leave you can't lobby government for 10 years, 8 year term limits

That guy can't even run South Bend effectively 

ETA yikes, I think you were being facetious, my bad
i was being facetious that Peteyjudge can fix everything, but i was his first fan on this forum and he's my favorite Presidential candidate since John Anderson in 1980. he understands public service and, though not the reformer i'd ideally envision, is the most inclusive politician i've seen in generations and will hopefully bring citizenship back into politics. i even see wisdom in this lay-low period and hope he's recruiting billionaires into  a grand scheme rather than they pocketing him.

Users who are viewing this thread