What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (1 Viewer)

For anyone who has recently installed the Titanium build for Kodi, I have a question.

I am following the video linked earlier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Qh-2fMCMM

at time 3:39 he clicks on Team eXpat Builds and is then presented with numerous builds, one of which is the titanium build.

when I click, I am presented with fewer build choices, none of which is labled titanium.

The choices I have are as follows

TeameXpat Build, USA Canada Build, Blue Box Media Build, Simply Pr v1.0, and AMObox v3.0 lite

I don't think I did anything wrong but I am unsure what to do now......any suggestions?

I wonder if the base Kodi I have is the wrong version for this build maybe?
I had the same issue last night, from the same video.  I think our Kodi versions are too new for that guide.  I think the same guy has got a newer guide (maybe 2-3 weeks ago).  I'm looking for it now - it has a different link for the repo.

That's the correct one that works with Kodi 16.  The build address is http://infadroid.tk/temp/  
During this video, he mentions that one of the steps he takes will update Kodi to 16 but when I look at my version it still says Kodi 15.2 after the step.

But I can at least see the Titanium build now so I am downloading it now and then will start the extraction process after.

During this video, he mentions that one of the steps he takes will update Kodi to 16 but when I look at my version it still says Kodi 15.2 after the step.

But I can at least see the Titanium build now so I am downloading it now and then will start the extraction process after.
It won't work.  You have to upgrade to Kodi 16.  Are you on a PC?  If so just go here and install the latest download for 16 first.  It's just a click of the button and will just update you current version to the latest.  

Do you have ES File Explorer loaded onto your Firestick?

If so, you can simply dump your current version and reload the newest version of Kodi using ES File Explorer.  You'll want 16 for the Titanium build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's trying it out in Windows first:

Can some one explain to me the difference between an addon like Exodus, and something called the Titanium build for Kodi?  I think I am getting confused as to what I want for the Amazon Fire.

I am going to download the titanium build today on windows to see if I can educate myself more on what this is.
If we didn't catch you in time and it's not working do this:

For Titanium make sure you update to Kodi 16 first. 

If you don't and it isn't working, update, then go back to program  addons and install/extract titanium again. 

It won't work.  You have to upgrade to Kodi 16.  Are you on a PC?  If so just go here and install the latest download for 16 first.  It's just a click of the button and will just update you current version to the latest.  
ok just saw those errors :)

Off to load Kodi 16 now.  Thanks for the link.

As a side question, how come Kodi does not have the ability to update itself like other programs?

Another key to getting Titanium loaded and working correctly is making sure you come completely out of Kodi, like is shown in the video, and then reopen Kodi. 

ok just saw those errors :)

Off to load Kodi 16 now.  Thanks for the link.

As a side question, how come Kodi does not have the ability to update itself like other programs?
Updating Kodi won't change any of your setting so if you've already tried to install Titanium the zip file will still be there.  Just update then go back to program addons and extract and install again.

They haven't made an option to automatically update Kodi.  Instead they send you a message any time a new version is released (you should see it when you first open Kodi) and then you have to go get the new install.  I think a majority of the uses of Kodi depend on the version so they don't want to make it automatic.

Looking for those links I see that Husham guy has another build Morpheus: Link.  Have not tried it.  I think I'll give it a go to replace the mbman that is currently on my firestick later.  

Looking for those links I see that Husham guy has another build Morpheus: Link.  Have not tired it.  I think I'll give it a go to replace the mbman that is currently on my firstick later.  
Yea, that Morpheus build looks sweet.  More information related to Movies and TV Shows..a lot like Plex or Emby Theater for a Media Player (HTPC).

Updating Kodi won't change any of your setting so if you've already tried to install Titanium the zip file will still be there.  Just update then go back to program addons and extract and install again.

They haven't made an option to automatically update Kodi.  Instead they send you a message any time a new version is released (you should see it when you first open Kodi) and then you have to go get the new install.  I think a majority of the uses of Kodi depend on the version so they don't want to make it automatic.

Isn't there a simple way to update kodi using the firestarter?

NVM.... just realized firestarter hasn't launched for me in a while and i open Kodi through the amazon startup.

ok I have Kodi 16 and the Titanium build loaded and running!   Thank you for the help.

============================================

I am going to need to simplify this for my families needs else there is no way I am going to be able to cut the cord with out them giving me hell.

For example, when I want to watch a TV show, I do this

1) Click on TV shows

2) click on Exodus

3) search for TV show X

4) choose season and episode and start streaming

I don't mind doing those steps initially but is there a way for a show that is searched on to be remembered so that I could just do 1 or 2 clicks to get back to the screen where the seasons are listed?  I see that there is a favorites option but I don't know how to tag my search so that it can be remembered...

I wanna love PS Vue but this buffering every once in a while drvies me crazy. Sometimes for hours some nights. No issue with my internet connection, speed tests are fine when it happens.

Did you see that it had a synopsis for the movies?  That's what I've been waiting for.
I found it.  It is in Morpheus, but it only shows the summary under the "Kidz Movies" tab for some reason.  Perhaps that is something that can be customized for all the main tabs.  Not sure.  That build is so customizable. Very nice.

ok I have Kodi 16 and the Titanium build loaded and running!   Thank you for the help.

============================================

I am going to need to simplify this for my families needs else there is no way I am going to be able to cut the cord with out them giving me hell.

For example, when I want to watch a TV show, I do this

1) Click on TV shows

2) click on Exodus

3) search for TV show X

4) choose season and episode and start streaming

I don't mind doing those steps initially but is there a way for a show that is searched on to be remembered so that I could just do 1 or 2 clicks to get back to the screen where the seasons are listed?  I see that there is a favorites option but I don't know how to tag my search so that it can be remembered...
That Morpheus build is pretty much one click (maybe 2)...like you are talking about.

That Morpheus build is pretty much one click (maybe 2)...like you are talking about.
does this mean there is no way to save a favorite on Titanium so that I don't have t search every time I want to watch the same show?

I might have to check out the Morpheus build to see if that fits my families needs better.

When changing builds, do I need to first delete the Titanium build and start from scratch?

For me, Exodus success has fallen off these past couple weeks or so. Fewer HD links and more non-working links. Not really a high volume user though, so maybe just luck.

I watched the Morpheus build video and did not see how one would be able to save a TV show search as a favorite.

This seems to be such a basic function that I am likely just missing it especially when Kodi appears to have a Favorites feature.  I just don't yet see how to tag a TV show I search for to make it be considered a "favorite".

does this mean there is no way to save a favorite on Titanium so that I don't have t search every time I want to watch the same show?

I might have to check out the Morpheus build to see if that fits my families needs better.

When changing builds, do I need to first delete the Titanium build and start from scratch?
It's always best to start over with a clean version of Kodi, then add your build.  I'll try to find the most recent Morpheus review and pass it on.  Was really good on how to get around in it.

Morpheus - good review and how to load

Morpheus

I watched the Morpheus build video and did not see how one would be able to save a TV show search as a favorite.

This seems to be such a basic function that I am likely just missing it especially when Kodi appears to have a Favorites feature.  I just don't yet see how to tag a TV show I search for to make it be considered a "favorite".
I sent your question to Husham.  See what he says...

I see on my titanium build that there is this thing called "Super Favorites".

When I search on a show it appears to give me the option of "saving to Super Favorites" and then gives me folders to choose from and I save the show.

But when I go back in what I think is the Super Favorites menu, what I saved is not there.

I think I need to watch a vid on how to use Super Favorites, I must be missing a step.

Haven't used favorites, but this might help.  I was also going to link to super favorites app, but, I see you found that.  

I watched that too already.  In watching the video, he sets favorites for high level items like "Exodus TV", which I can do easily enough.  But he does not set a link to a lower level items like a TV show search result.

If you follow the same steps on the lower level item, the menu choices are different and do not give the ability to "add to favorites"

I think the key here is to figure out the Super Favorites, since I am given the choice to add to my search result to that, but I am just unsure where it is going when I save the search result as it does not appear in the Super Favorites window.

I watched that too already.  In watching the video, he sets favorites for high level items like "Exodus TV", which I can do easily enough.  But he does not set a link to a lower level items like a TV show search result.

If you follow the same steps on the lower level item, the menu choices are different and do not give the ability to "add to favorites"

I think the key here is to figure out the Super Favorites, since I am given the choice to add to my search result to that, but I am just unsure where it is going when I save the search result as it does not appear in the Super Favorites window.
Install and how to Use Super FAvorites

I've been keeping the above as sort of guide because I know it's hard to find everything in a thread like this and how much info is out there when you try to google it all yourself.  If anyone has any updates or changes (I'm sure I missed a lot/have some stuff wrong) I'd appreciate any corrections or additions.
Again, new thread!  Post a link to the new thread where you maintain the top post.

If so, you can simply dump your current version and reload the newest version of Kodi using ES File Explorer.  You'll want 16 for the Titanium build.
The step where you have to select the file you want to download in ES File Explorer is the worst thing in cutting the cord.  Click right, then up, then right right right, then down twice, then left, then up... it's worse than a cheat code.

OK in doing some more research, it looks like it is Exodus that is not compatible with favorites.

If I use 1 Channel, I can easily save a TV show with a single click.

Again, new thread!  Post a link to the new thread where you maintain the top post.

I second the motion. A new thread with an indexed first post (including links) would be :moneybag:  
I guess I'm just afraid of commitment.  Probably why I'm still not married after 17 years.  I'll think about it, it would take some time to rewrite, format and make sure all the links are correct.  I'd want it to look nice.  

Liking this new Morpheus build.  If you need to find the Purge Packages and Clear Cache.  its a little tricky to find.

Find "Wizard" and click on it.  Go to "Maintenance" and click on it. Here you will find "Clear Cache" and "Purge Packages".  Important to do this often as it will definitely help eliminate buffering issues you may encounter.

I noticed when you search for movies inside Exodus, it does provide a Summary, RT Rating, etc. nice.  That's the only one I checked.  Plan on watching some stuff tomorrow and will check out more of the build then.

I had to turn off the 2.4GHz network to get the faster AC speeds on the Archer C7 and I think I forced n/ac mode on the 5Ghz so that it couldn't have devices connect at the slower b/g speeds. I will check this when I'm home and try to upload screenshots of how I set mine up to get 170Mbps down on my 150Mbps Comcast Blast! connection.
http://imgur.com/a/XtLJy

All that I customized and via tinkering this config maxes out my speed on my Archer A7 router, @Nathan R. Jessep. Let me know if that helps, I hope it does as it worked for me but as I've learned nothing in the wireless world tends to end up uniform. 

Liking this new Morpheus build.  If you need to find the Purge Packages and Clear Cache.  its a little tricky to find.

Find "Wizard" and click on it.  Go to "Maintenance" and click on it. Here you will find "Clear Cache" and "Purge Packages".  Important to do this often as it will definitely help eliminate buffering issues you may encounter.

I noticed when you search for movies inside Exodus, it does provide a Summary, RT Rating, etc. nice.  That's the only one I checked.  Plan on watching some stuff tomorrow and will check out more of the build then.
Are you on a firestick?  It won't extract for me on my firestick. I guess I'll try it on the htpc where I can do that manually. 

Users who are viewing this thread