What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (3 Viewers)

tonydead said:
Of those three the Xbox should work by downloading the HBONow app and logging in with your xfinity account. HBONow only supports these Samsung tvs: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G16040006493-compatible

chromcast isn't listed as a devise they support yet. 
Thanks for the advice.  I tried again, this time using my Xbox One.  Tried HBO Now first and when I try to sign in there are only 5 providers listed and Comcast/Xfinity is not one of them.  Then I tried HBO Go.  No idea what the difference is between the 2 apps, but I tried it anyway.  HBO Go gives me an activation code and tells me to visit www.hbogo.com/activate and then login with my subscriber credentials.  Good news in that Xfinity is on there, however I enter my credentials and immediately get an error "Sorry, there was an error loading this page.  Your account has not been charged".  If I click OK, it logs me into my Xfinity account, but then there is no way to enter my activation code.  So frustrated!  I did some Googling and apparently lots of Comcast folks are having HBO streaming issues like this, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/HBO-Go-errors-when-logging-in-at-Comcast-server/td-p/1996007.  Guess I will resort to calling Comcast after all.

http://imgur.com/a/XtLJy

All that I customized and via tinkering this config maxes out my speed on my Archer A7 router, @Nathan R. Jessep. Let me know if that helps, I hope it does as it worked for me but as I've learned nothing in the wireless world tends to end up uniform. 
Thank you for that!

Getting 106.66 on my iPhone 6 over wifi. :thumbup:   Not sure what it was on the old router. 

I'm still getting only ~16-20mbps on my hard wired desktop :wall:  does that just mean I need new cables?

Thank you for that!

Getting 106.66 on my iPhone 6 over wifi. :thumbup:   Not sure what it was on the old router. 

I'm still getting only ~16-20mbps on my hard wired desktop :wall:  does that just mean I need new cables?
Nope, had the same issue. I read on other forums that for some reason wired connections on this router suck wind due to something with the hardware, but wireless if setup correctly is awesome. I ditched my wireline adapters and sold them on Amazon when wireless was getting 4x the speed consistently. 

:thumbup:

Morpheus is glorious:

3- live tv options wasn't bad either. Was watching cnn live after about 20 seconds of looking around. Although it wasn't in HD.  
I think IPTV is making a comeback. Bunch of good working live tv channels in HD even. In Morpheus go to live tv/stallion iptv/stallion blue label.  50% maybe of the channels working. I was watching ESPN in Hd. Nfl network in SD. Bunch of others in HD. I think I heard Husham mention it's coming back.  

PS. If you update Morpheus they've added a pin# to the adult section. The default is 0000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, had the same issue. I read on other forums that for some reason wired connections on this router suck wind due to something with the hardware, but wireless if setup correctly is awesome. I ditched my wireline adapters and sold them on Amazon when wireless was getting 4x the speed consistently. 

:thumbup:
I should've probably researched that first. :lol:  I've got a USB wifi adapter, but it's older, so I need to pick up a new one that will work on the higher frequency so I can get those good speeds. And my hard-wired Xbox 360 is just out of luck.  Thanks again for the info. 

Nathan R. Jessep said:
I should've probably researched that first. :lol:  I've got a USB wifi adapter, but it's older, so I need to pick up a new one that will work on the higher frequency so I can get those good speeds. And my hard-wired Xbox 360 is just out of luck.  Thanks again for the info. 
Nope I didn't look into that either, so no bogey on your part. The wireless once tweaked is so good on this router that you won't need any wires, which is just so awesome.

Sling so far hasn't impressed me, some nights have not been able to get a channel to come in at all.  I keep hoping MLB get their in market #### together soon, too lazy to do the dns thing again and that's till spendier than sling so I'll just ride this out for now.

I am so happy I got another year of discounts out of Direct TV.  I really hope in 12 months the cordless platforms solidify their quality.  I just read so many conflicting opinions about Sling and Vue that there obviously have to be some issues still to be worked out.

New StalkerTV IPTV for Kodi Addon - Live TV.  New one to try out...

StalkerTV 16
I subscribed to IKS66, because you can do month to month vs. annual via Rocket and NFPS to try this out. All serve the same channels, been running it this month. Basically for ~ $12/month you get every channel on Dish Network + whatever the Dish equivalent is in the UK that serves up Sky, etc. channels with an EPG. It's a Plan B for me if my main Private stream provider ever goes down because my other service does HD and basically any sporting event you can think of. Quality is decent here, basically SD with a small handful of channels in HD, like ESPN1. It does have channels go down with a lot of demand, so demand spikes can cause channels to choke. For example, I couldn't watch the Thursday night pf the draft on ESPN or NFL network, but all other channels worked. Not sure I'd make this my plan A (because I'm a quality wh0re), but as a plan B or for a bedroom TV this is perfect.

Watch that little video Bronco just put up.   He clicks through a lot of the premium channels and they are wide HD now.  If IPTV is back for good we'll get all the live channels for FREE again.
OK, so I apologize but I have been zoned out on the conversations of Kodi builds, since I customize myself. What build is this a part of? I have the maintenance tool, so I can just load whatever you guys are using and join the free live HD TV channels party.

OK, so I apologize but I have been zoned out on the conversations of Kodi builds, since I customize myself. What build is this a part of? I have the maintenance tool, so I can just load whatever you guys are using and join the free live HD TV channels party.
Just install the video addon at this zip source: 

http://101kodi.comlu.com/stalkertv/

or by following the video Bronco posted 3 hours ago.  

I found some of the stuff in an update to the Morpheus build last night, but, I think the Stalker app should have everything that's available.  It appears that IPTV has been making a come back over the past few days so we will probably see more updates, but, it used to be full on live tv.....fingers crossed.  

Saving another $20-$30 a month.  Cancelled Vue.  Sling and Vue both worked really well for me (I have to think some of the complaints about streaming issues have to do with people's home network).  And I really really want to support some of these streaming options/companies, but, I just don't end up using it hardly at all.  With the live channels I'm seeing with Stalker IPTV, Kodi plus my locals OTA, I don't think there is anything left to pay for.  

I found some of the stuff in an update to the Morpheus build last night, but, I think the Stalker app should have everything that's available.  It appears that IPTV has been making a come back over the past few days so we will probably see more updates, but, it used to be full on live tv.....fingers crossed.  
Oh I use stalker, but paid a "donation" to have the mac address of my Kodi box recognized by the Rocket network to access the channels. The back story is this infrastructure during testing in 2015 was wide open, and was closed down late in 2015 to turn a profit.

So I guess...NFPS3 from the video is a free server? Yeah, that's bangin :pickle: . I just won't renew and see what the hype is about here. Rocket/IKS66/NFPS via donation is a total freaking :tfp: to setup and pay for, this would just be incredible.

Pumped to set this up tonight. Since I use stalker for the pay TV, this is just a different server for me. Thanks, you guys rock!

I just realized how amazing of a sports summer this will be, with concurrent Copa America (Fox) and Euro (ESPN) soccer tournaments until July 10, then the Olympics (NBC) starting up at the beginning of August.

I think I'll be doing some Vue/Sling research to get the right packages at the right times for this.  It's amazing how different the options are now than they were just two summers ago for the World Cup.

Holy crap, this stalker add-on is what I was 100% exactly what I was talking about above...for free. If you can't recognize the noob in the room, you are the noob.  :bag:

You guys are the best!

For any users of morpheus where can you modify the cache settings? In the previous build I use the Easy Advanced Settings add-on to modify these parameters but can't find them in morpheus.  The EAS add-on wasn't included in this build so I figured with as sophisticated as it is that there had to be another way but I can't seem to find it. Am I wrong that there isn't a way and I simply need to install the EAS add-on?

The settings I want to change are:

cachemembuffersize = 157286400
buffermode = 1
readbufferfactor = 20

Any help is appreciated!

I finally found the Stalker app in Morpheus last night and activated it.  But I was wondering, is this in 4:3 also or is there a way to adjust the aspect ration for it?  What I was watching was in 4:3 last night.

For any users of morpheus where can you modify the cache settings? In the previous build I use the Easy Advanced Settings add-on to modify these parameters but can't find them in morpheus.  The EAS add-on wasn't included in this build so I figured with as sophisticated as it is that there had to be another way but I can't seem to find it. Am I wrong that there isn't a way and I simply need to install the EAS add-on?

The settings I want to change are:

cachemembuffersize = 157286400
buffermode = 1
readbufferfactor = 20

Any help is appreciated!

Are you sure it's not already loaded.  I finally found StalkerTV last night after hunting and pecking around,  It seems that just about every repository you could think of is loaded on that build.  Do a search under the Addons  tab and search under "All Addons".  think that's how I happened onto finding Stalker.  Was already preloaded. Then setting it up was another struggle until I figured that out.

Holy crap, this stalker add-on is what I was 100% exactly what I was talking about above...for free. If you can't recognize the noob in the room, you are the noob.  :bag:

You guys are the best!
:pickle: Awesome to hear.

I finally found the Stalker app in Morpheus last night and activated it.  But I was wondering, is this in 4:3 also or is there a way to adjust the aspect ration for it?  What I was watching was in 4:3 last night.
I don't know, I got busy last night actually watching some tv shows, and didn't get around to messing with it.  All the links Husham clicked on like HBO looked like it was wide screen HD.  The ones I was messing around with a couple days ago were inside the Stallion addon and definitely not on the server that Husham switched to so I'm hopeful its the real deal.  Will know for sure tonight.

The shows we were watching last night was a new Netflix series and without even thinking about it fired up Kodi to watch them.  Netflix is the only thing we're still paying for and I just gots to convince the old lady to get rid of it and save yet another $9/month.  Man, going from $230/month Comcast triple play to $45/month internet only is like having an extra car payment worth of savings.  

:pickle: Awesome to hear.

I don't know, I got busy last night actually watching some tv shows, and didn't get around to messing with it.  All the links Husham clicked on like HBO looked like it was wide screen HD.  The ones I was messing around with a couple days ago was inside the Stallion addon and definitely not on the server that Husham switched to so I'm hopeful its the real deal.  Will know for sure tonight.

The shows we were watching last night was a new Netflix series and without even thinking about it fired up Kodi to watch them.  Netflix is the only thing we're still paying for and I just gots to convince the old lady to get rid of it and save yet another $9/month.  Man, going from $230/month Comcast triple play to $45/month internet only is like having an extra car payment worth of savings.  
It may have been only a couple of the sports channels that were like that, not all.  But I did see that some did come in at that raio.

I need to try the entertainment links to see if they are different tonight.

Just talking out loud, but, I think a poster by the name of KodiLover was involved with the original IPTV and is behind this clone.  He posted on Husham's YouTube feed that it's definitely back and "trust me this one will stay updated".   :thumbup:   So freaking stoked.  

Just talking out loud, but, I think a poster by the name of KodiLover was involved with the original IPTV and is behind this clone.  He posted on Husham's YouTube feed that it's definitely back and "trust me this one will stay updated".   :thumbup:   So freaking stoked.  
yea, he did do it.

Are you sure it's not already loaded.  I finally found StalkerTV last night after hunting and pecking around,  It seems that just about every repository you could think of is loaded on that build.  Do a search under the Addons  tab and search under "All Addons".  think that's how I happened onto finding Stalker.  Was already preloaded. Then setting it up was another struggle until I figured that out.
No, I'm not sure it isn't already loaded. My initial assumption that it had to be there somewhere but I couldn't find it. There's a lot going on with this build and I'm still not used to the look/feel so I'm betting it's buried somewhere and just current inactive.

P.S. Any way to remove or at least lock down the adult channels? Need to kid proof this build!

Only minor snipes on the free Stalker is that it buffers more than the paid servers, leading me to believe it's sitting on a different server (whatever the NFPS3 is pointing to) and it's being bombarded. Also isn't integrated into a EPG like the paid version...which itself is a PITA to setup.

Still, it's free so I'll very happily learn to live without the EPG and some buffering here and there :pickle: :headbang: .

No, I'm not sure it isn't already loaded. My initial assumption that it had to be there somewhere but I couldn't find it. There's a lot going on with this build and I'm still not used to the look/feel so I'm betting it's buried somewhere and just current inactive.

P.S. Any way to remove or at least lock down the adult channels? Need to kid proof this build!
for the adult channels, add a pin code:

How to add a Pin Sentry pincode to Kodi 16

Is there a netflix plugin for kodi?

I clicked on a Morpheus update (at the top of the screen when you first open Kodi) and the new update included a lock to the adult section.  If you go this route the default pin is 0000 (not 1111 like some of the others).

I clicked on a Morpheus update (at the top of the screen when you first open Kodi) and the new update included a lock to the adult section.  If you go this route the default pin is 0000 (not 1111 like some of the others).
Did see the update last night, wasn't aware of the pin lock add. Nice thanks!

Nice avatar update lol... :thumbup:

Mainly got into this to catch up on the last two seasons of Game of Thrones.  Looks like they are going on the warpath to shut down streams.  Hard to find ones that work now.  Still have way more stuff to watch than I did!!!

Think I'm gonna switch from the bman build too.  I want to keep the adult stuff out of common view though.  Sounds like Morpheus puts it right out there.  Titanium better about this?

Mainly got into this to catch up on the last two seasons of Game of Thrones.  Looks like they are going on the warpath to shut down streams.  Hard to find ones that work now.  Still have way more stuff to watch than I did!!!

Think I'm gonna switch from the bman build too.  I want to keep the adult stuff out of common view though.  Sounds like Morpheus puts it right out there.  Titanium better about this?
Not sure what the warpath talk is about, the streams have never been better imo.  Morpheus has a lock on the adult now.  So does titanium. 

Had some buffering issues with Stalker...switched from Morpheus to Titanium, same problem.  Gave up on that for the night.

Found a crystal clear copy of CA:CW tonight , so enjoyed that  :thumbup:

Had some buffering issues with Stalker...switched from Morpheus to Titanium, same problem.  Gave up on that for the night.

Found a crystal clear copy of CA:CW tonight , so enjoyed that  :thumbup:
Yeah. I finally installed it all. There are some buffering issues, remember it's Friday night, Vue and Sling have buffering issues too most notably on Friday night when demand is high. There are a ton of channels and you can't complain about free. ESPN is loud and clear HD right now.  

The build isn't the problem, it's the demand for the file on the host server. Same reason some links buffer in exodus only there's only one server (link) to choose from in stalker. You have to try the other live addons for a different source. 

There isn't much live that is must see for me. For stuff that is there is a decent chance I can find it and that's good enough considering the price.  Not as good as I was hoping for earlier though, and I did find some of the channels in 4:3 too like you mentioned. 

Installed Morpheus today and, while it's really pretty on the eyes and the extras are nice, it's not real mouse friendly. I'm running it on a PC with mouse/keyboard, but I find I need the keyboard almost exclusively.

Is Titanium any better/worse in that regard?

Titanium is terrific. So clean, simple and ready to go. Personally wasn't a fan of Morpheus at all.

Vue's been pretty solid. Decided to use for NBA playoffs to try it out and haven't had any issues. Tried the StalkerTV thing just for the hell of it. Buffering and was unwatchable on all the channels I tried. Perhaps will get better. Outside of sports, I really haven't had much luck with other live TV shows with Kodi. Typically just use Exodus.

Titanium is terrific. So clean, simple and ready to go. Personally wasn't a fan of Morpheus at all.

Vue's been pretty solid. Decided to use for NBA playoffs to try it out and haven't had any issues. Tried the StalkerTV thing just for the hell of it. Buffering and was unwatchable on all the channels I tried. Perhaps will get better. Outside of sports, I really haven't had much luck with other live TV shows with Kodi. Typically just use Exodus.
Titanium >>>>>>>> Morpheus. Morpheus is prettier, but Titanium is user-friendly and I'm pretty down with that.

Installed Morpheus today and, while it's really pretty on the eyes and the extras are nice, it's not real mouse friendly. I'm running it on a PC with mouse/keyboard, but I find I need the keyboard almost exclusively.

Is Titanium any better/worse in that regard?
I went back to Titanium, on both my HTPC and my Firestick.  I found Morpheus to be too cumbersome to do things like add addons and the like.  I much prefer Titanium in that regard.

I think I'll go through killing mbman and going to Titanium today.  Wish me luck trying to get ES Explorer to highlight the proper thing to download.

First step: Resetting Kodi.

Second step: Loading Titanium

That was easy.  Titanium looks good, much better to look at than mbman.

Third step: Loaded Stalker.  Wow - watching an MLS game on ESPN and it's beautiful.

I think I'll go through killing mbman and going to Titanium today.  Wish me luck trying to get ES Explorer to highlight the proper thing to download.

First step: Resetting Kodi.

Second step: Loading Titanium

That was easy.  Titanium looks good, much better to look at than mbman.

Third step: Loaded Stalker.  Wow - watching an MLS game on ESPN and it's beautiful.
Why did you reset Kodi? If yours was all buggered up then that be a good reason but it's not a necessary step just to switch builds.

Everything I've ever seen on the web about changing build, they always recommend starting out with a fresh copy of Kodi.
Thanks. I've changed without any ill effects in the past but maybe I've just been lucky. I'm on Morpheus now but after reading all of those in this thread talking about Titanium I'm going to give that a try as well. Guess when I do I'll start with a new Kodi build as recommended. I was just trying to avoid having to reset certain parameters (i.e. cache settings).

Users who are viewing this thread