What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (2 Viewers)

Installed Morpheus today and, while it's really pretty on the eyes and the extras are nice, it's not real mouse friendly. I'm running it on a PC with mouse/keyboard, but I find I need the keyboard almost exclusively.

Is Titanium any better/worse in that regard?
MyLink.  Best $18 I ever spent.

I'm keeping Morpheus for now.  Like the descriptions and extra info for choosing movies and shows.

Ok I'm terrible at all this and need some help.  I have a Vizio TV I think the M or E series from last year.  I also have an Xbox One.  Will buying a firestick and downloading Kodi (I assume through an app?) allow me to watch all the UFC PPV's and NFL Sunday Ticket and Redzone?  I don't have Amazon Prime, nor Netflix.  Just confused by it all.  I'd be wanting UFC, NFL if possible.

Ok I'm terrible at all this and need some help.  I have a Vizio TV I think the M or E series from last year.  I also have an Xbox One.  Will buying a firestick and downloading Kodi (I assume through an app?) allow me to watch all the UFC PPV's and NFL Sunday Ticket and Redzone?  I don't have Amazon Prime, nor Netflix.  Just confused by it all.  I'd be wanting UFC, NFL if possible.
1) in the thread some people have complained about the consistency of the Firestick.  They have recommended to spend a little more and get the FireTV box

2) You should experiment with Kodi before purchasing the Fire TV box.  Download it to your windows computer and see how you like it.  There are a ton of links in here on how to do this step by step.  That way you can get a feel for the programming that is offered and the general quality (and also test your internet capabilities as well in case you need to upgrade before cutting the cord entirely).

3) Kodi does have a live sports app but like most things like this, I have found it hit or miss.  I don't think they have things like Red Zone but I could be wrong about that.  They will offer you links to games all around the country/world in many different sports.  The quality and availability of said links will be random, which is par for the course since you get what you pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) in the thread some people have complained about the consistency of the Firestick.  They have recommended to spend a little more and get the FireTV box

2) You should experiment with Kodi before purchasing the Fire TV box.  Download it to your windows computer and see how you like it.  There are a ton of links in here on how to do this step by step.  That way you can get a feel for the programming that is offered and the general quality (and also test your internet capabilities as well in case you need to upgrade before cutting the cord entirely).

3) Kodi does have a live sports app but like most things like this, I have found it hit or miss.  I don't think they have things like Red Zone but I could be wrong about that.  They will offer you links to games all around the country in many different sports.  The quality and availability of said links will be random, which is par for the course since you get what you pay for.
So is this like FirstRowSports which basically ruined a computer? Basically trying to find sites and links to stream to the tv?

So is this like FirstRowSports which basically ruined a computer? Basically trying to find sites and links to stream to the tv?
From a 5000 foot view yeah, the various Kodi addons will aggregate links from all over to try out but it is significantly more professional looking and much easier to traverse and find things than FirstRowSports and none of the non stop add links either.

To get a feel for what a Kodi build can look like, watch this youtube video, start around the 5:00 minute mark after he finishes loading the titanium build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Qh-2fMCMM

Anyone sign up for a Real Debrid account? If so I'd be interested in your experience and if it's worth consideration.

I've watched several of the PPV UFC events on Kodi streams and they are usually non-HD and sometimes buffer.  They are basically the BT Sports stream.

I'll be messing around more with the streams this year to see if there is anything decent for NFL.  But, the sure fire cheap way to get all NFL, ticket, redzone, NFL channel in glorious HD is to sign up for gamepass using a VPN so your IP address is outside of North America -> $125.

I've watched several of the PPV UFC events on Kodi streams and they are usually non-HD and sometimes buffer. 
which ad-on did you use for this?  I tried this past weekends event but every link I clicked on brought me to some odd F1 racing channel and I could not figure out what I was doing wrong.

I've watched several of the PPV UFC events on Kodi streams and they are usually non-HD and sometimes buffer.  They are basically the BT Sports stream.

I'll be messing around more with the streams this year to see if there is anything decent for NFL.  But, the sure fire cheap way to get all NFL, ticket, redzone, NFL channel in glorious HD is to sign up for gamepass using a VPN so your IP address is outside of North America -> $125.
go on...

which ad-on did you use for this?  I tried this past weekends event but every link I clicked on brought me to some odd F1 racing channel and I could not figure out what I was doing wrong.
I think they were a combination of Sportsdevil and Phoenix Woody, the latter is gone now.  I noticed some BT sports channels under Stallion in the Morpheus build.  That's what I'd try first if I were looking for UFC.  There are UFC channels sprinkled through Live TV and Live Sports too, I think, don't know if any of them work. 

ETA:  If none of that works someone will always be broadcasting while watching through Periscope.

For UFC see previous post.

For NFL, sign up for PIA.  Download app and choose a country like Turkey.  Goto NFL.com and sign up for gamepass.  NFL.com signup will gladly take your US address and US credit card even though you are in Turkey.  You'll have to have PIA logged on through whatever country you signed up with whenever you want to log on to gamepass.

I use a site called SportsAccess.se. It's private server and expanding. Runs about $12/month if you buy 3 months at a time, and only takes Bitcoin, which I generally buy. Doing some serious work on their Kodi and Mobile apps/interfaces and just introduced a Plex add-on last week. Also have a "gifts" tab on the website that contains compromised, active passwords for just about any streaming service available. They run servers for every channel in the US East, US West, Canada, London, and Europe, and the service basically re-broadcasts from a mix of DTV and local providers on their private servers. Think SportsDevil/Woody, but 0 buffering and HD/near-HD SD. Carries every sporting event imaginable. Goes down from time to time and channel mapping is messy during their expansion, but even at not being up 100%, for $12 a month if I cut the cord there's no way I'm without this service as my go-to, and fire up Vue, etc. month to month if they go down.  If a channel is mapped incorrectly, they have a chat room on their site manned by an admin who will "change the channel for you," and are also accessible via Twitter. They expansion by 2017 will basically be an entire cable TV package on dedicated servers per channel for non-sports, and a dedicated space for sports. Right now, they only have enough capacity to run a mix, thus why sometimes channels are mis-mapped. Small inconvenience IMO for what you get.

mquinnjr said:
I use a site called SportsAccess.se. It's private server and expanding. Runs about $12/month if you buy 3 months at a time, and only takes Bitcoin, which I generally buy. Doing some serious work on their Kodi and Mobile apps/interfaces and just introduced a Plex add-on last week. Also have a "gifts" tab on the website that contains compromised, active passwords for just about any streaming service available. They run servers for every channel in the US East, US West, Canada, London, and Europe, and the service basically re-broadcasts from a mix of DTV and local providers on their private servers. Think SportsDevil/Woody, but 0 buffering and HD/near-HD SD. Carries every sporting event imaginable. Goes down from time to time and channel mapping is messy during their expansion, but even at not being up 100%, for $12 a month if I cut the cord there's no way I'm without this service as my go-to, and fire up Vue, etc. month to month if they go down.  If a channel is mapped incorrectly, they have a chat room on their site manned by an admin who will "change the channel for you," and are also accessible via Twitter. They expansion by 2017 will basically be an entire cable TV package on dedicated servers per channel for non-sports, and a dedicated space for sports. Right now, they only have enough capacity to run a mix, thus why sometimes channels are mis-mapped. Small inconvenience IMO for what you get.
this seems like the way i'm going. How long have you had it..and no issues? Don't think i want to mess with the VPN every sunday (doesn't it throttle speeds?)

Doesn't sunday ticket run a special for students? I really just need redzone channel for the most part. Any testimony on how easy that streams over kodi?

this seems like the way i'm going. How long have you had it..and no issues? Don't think i want to mess with the VPN every sunday (doesn't it throttle speeds?)

Doesn't sunday ticket run a special for students? I really just need redzone channel for the most part. Any testimony on how easy that streams over kodi?
About a year now, it has issues from time-to-time but I chalk those up to growing pains. They have also gotten DDoS'ed by other competitors (e.g., the :nerd: equivalent of drug dealers going to war with each other for territories in an unregulated market) and throttled on Xfinity (e.g., Comcast doesn't like competition, especially from gray market competition serving up sports).  That not being the norm, for NFL Sundays they serve up a live re-transmission of the DTV feed for every Sunday Ticket game, TNF, SNF, MNF and both the DirecTV (Siciliano) and Cable TV (Hansen) versions of RedZone. College is just about if not every game, and you go on chat to request a "channel change" if you want a specific niche game put on. Completely worth the money IMO even with all the above said.

NewlyRetired said:
The news feed for titanium said they added a new channel under Live TV for Live PPV Sports. That way instead of going through all the different addons looking for a BT Sports stream that works it will pull all them in there in one place. - haven't tried it. To update titanium go to the daily update feature under Titanium and follow the on screen instructions. 

The news feed for titanium said they added a new channel under Live TV for Live PPV Sports. That way instead of going through all the different addons looking for a BT Sports stream that works it will pull all them in there in one place. - haven't tried it. To update titanium go to the daily update feature under Titanium and follow the on screen instructions. 
Haven't tried it either, but makes a lot of sense.

I'm totally intrigued by the LIVE NFL GAMES tab sitting there....The OKC-GS game was on in HD last on off the LIVE NBA GAMES tab.

Daily Updates FB group (maker of the Titanium and Morpheus builds):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/384072505097067/

SALTS vs Exodus: Curious what those in the thread think of these two add-ons.  Until recently I never even looked at SALTS as Exodus was delivering everything I needed in glorious HD. Since Exodus has scaled back to mostly SD offerings (I can still find some HD on occasion) I've taken a look into SALTS. It's pretty fantastic and just on quick scan last night seems to be everything that Exodus used to be.

SALTS vs Exodus: Curious what those in the thread think of these two add-ons.  Until recently I never even looked at SALTS as Exodus was delivering everything I needed in glorious HD. Since Exodus has scaled back to mostly SD offerings (I can still find some HD on occasion) I've taken a look into SALTS. It's pretty fantastic and just on quick scan last night seems to be everything that Exodus used to be.
I was under the impression that they're all just getting the same content from the same providers.   Does SALTS provide its own content?

I was under the impression that they're all just getting the same content from the same providers.   Does SALTS provide its own content?
They are all scrapping from the same sources but what they ultimately provide as options differs. I used to use Exodus exclusively until they starting filtering out HD content. When that started happening I tried SALTS and it seems to be what Exodus once was. The only reason I ask is that before I tried SALTS all the talk was Exodus this and Exodus that. Now that I've taken a closer look at SALTS it seems that it's everything Exodus used to be and, with Exodus going mostly SD, is now the best TV/Movie option available.

I wonder why Exodus filters out HD content
I'm not 100% sure they are, maybe it's just the sources that simply aren't there anymore.

If it is, though, maybe it's due to bandwidth.  If everyone is streaming HD sources all at the time time, that's got to be very taxing on Exodus servers, right?

I'm not 100% sure they are, maybe it's just the sources that simply aren't there anymore.

If it is, though, maybe it's due to bandwidth.  If everyone is streaming HD sources all at the time time, that's got to be very taxing on Exodus servers, right?
I did a little searching and found two differing opinions. One is saying that the links change so frequently that you need to clear cache and reload to get new HD links. The other is saying that the scale back of HD is intentional because Lamda does not want to monitor and maintain availability of the HD links.

Opinion #1 (just need to clear cache): http://kodiuk.tv/2016/05/05/exodus-no-hd-sources-trouble-streaming-fix/

Opinion #2 (intentional and going to continue): https://forums.tvaddons.ag/lambda-s-xbmc-addons/45126-exodus-sd-content.html (See post #7)

When I get home tonight I'm going to try and clear the cache and see if that brings back some HD options but I'm not hopeful. I'm thinking #2 is unfortunately the reason for lack of HD on Exodus.

Looks like the answer may be to pay for some type of premium account (Real Debrid?).   I'm perfectly cool with that.  That's what I do for my sports streaming service and it works pretty flawlessly.  

Looks like the answer may be to pay for some type of premium account (Real Debrid?).   I'm perfectly cool with that.  That's what I do for my sports streaming service and it works pretty flawlessly.  
do you use Real Debrid through Kodi or do you use it another way?

Signed up for real debrid; just the free version.   It then listed a crapload of 1080 and hd links in exodus.  Tried the hateful 8 which I had to watch in sd the other day and even with the free account, i could watch now in hd.   Tried GOT last episode and even though it had a ton of links, none worked.  So I figured what the hell, I'll upgrade to the premium; its only 5 bucks per month or even less if you do longer term.  I can now access the hd stuff.   Picture quality is fantastic.  Need to see how it performs.

ETA:  I've now watch GOT, Cloverfield Lane and the first episode of Narcos all using my new real debrid account;  quality is fantastic.   Exodus along with real debrid is the way to go.

Charter has completed its acquisition of both Time Warner Cable and Brighthouse cable.

As part of the deal the government put some restrictions on them, one of which was to remove any type of data cap or pay by data usage model.  Charter agreed to those terms.

Charter is now #2 in size behind Comcast.  Hopefully Comcast and Verizon will follow suit and remove any data caps or throttling.

this seems like a great deal...opinions? Regular price is $107 before promo code.

Asus RT-N66W N900 Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router [newegg.com]

• Apply Code: EMCEJEJ37 at checkout.
  • Price (after coupon): $69.99 - $20.00 Rebate [newegg.com] = $49.99 AR + Free Shipping
  • Limit 1 Per Household
  • Rebate is valid 05/05/16 to 05/06/16
Okay, got a question. I bought the above router.   I have a PK5001A modem.   http://www.actiontec.com/295.html

It has built in wireless capability.   I turned it off when I installed the Asus router.   Two questions, what is the downside of leaving them both on and connecting a few devices to each?   The Asus router had the capability to have two names, I didn't do that, should have I?    TIA, I will hang up and listen.

Interesting development in the Internet area - we have Time Warner, and have been paying $60ish for 30 down/5 up

They are upgrading everyone in our area - now, for the same price, we are getting 200 down/10 up.  We do need to upgrade our modem to get full advantage, but even without upgrading we are getting 100+ down and 10 up - so I am in no hurry to grab the new modem.

I generally detest Time Warner, so this was a pleasant upgrade.

Signed up for real debrid; just the free version.   It then listed a crapload of 1080 and hd links in exodus.  Tried the hateful 8 which I had to watch in sd the other day and even with the free account, i could watch now in hd.   Tried GOT last episode and even though it had a ton of links, none worked.  So I figured what the hell, I'll upgrade to the premium; its only 5 bucks per month or even less if you do longer term.  I can now access the hd stuff.   Picture quality is fantastic.  Need to see how it performs.

ETA:  I've now watch GOT, Cloverfield Lane and the first episode of Narcos all using my new real debrid account;  quality is fantastic.   Exodus along with real debrid is the way to go.
Excellent info. One question: You mentioned you signed up for a paying Real Debrid account vs the free one as some links still weren't working (i.e. GOT). Did you try option #1 (Trankt) before going that route?

Option 1 I think is just to store favorites, but I don't believe that has anything to do with giving you access to real debrid content.  But to answer your question, no.  If you give that a shot and you find that it does work, please let us know.

Option 1 I think is just to store favorites, but I don't believe that has anything to do with giving you access to real debrid content.  But to answer your question, no.  If you give that a shot and you find that it does work, please let us know.
Trakt can store favorites and keeps track of what you've watched but it's much more than just that feature.  It's my understanding that Trakt is a torrent community (so think "shared" files) while debrid is a unrestricted unrestricted multihoster (think privately hosted server).

I'll give it a shot and report back.

Trakt can store favorites and keeps track of what you've watched but it's much more than just that feature.  It's my understanding that Trakt is a torrent community (so think "shared" files) while debrid is a unrestricted unrestricted multihoster (think privately hosted server).

I'll give it a shot and report back.
When you say torrent community, that mean you're seeding as well?  I guess you'd need to go vpn with that if so.

When you say torrent community, that mean you're seeding as well?  I guess you'd need to go vpn with that if so.
I don't think you're required to seed but that's certainly the premise for a torrent community (i.e. to share the wealth). That said I would think a VPN would be a good idea if using a torrent regardless of seeding. I might be paranoid and overly cautious but I've read about how ISPs look for those utilizing torrents and either send a "stop it now or else" letter or even just pull the plug immediately. At $3/month for a VPN I'm in the better to be safe than sorry camp if heavily leaning on torrents.

I don't think you're required to seed but that's certainly the premise for a torrent community (i.e. to share the wealth). That said I would think a VPN would be a good idea if using a torrent regardless of seeding. I might be paranoid and overly cautious but I've read about how ISPs look for those utilizing torrents and either send a "stop it now or else" letter or even just pull the plug immediately. At $3/month for a VPN I'm in the better to be safe than sorry camp if heavily leaning on torrents.
Yeah get a VPN, really no reason to risk it with the price point around $3/mo. It's basically the condom analogy but for your internet activity, just wrap it up and take some peace of mind.

Someone in this thread turned me on to PIA (Private Internet Access). (if you order through PCMag's link, you get a discount)

It's been good for me for the most part. Some servers it connects you to can be wonky at times, but you can always just switch.
I have been using PIA for a few years now and also recommend it highly.

If you are looking for a very consistent server, try "US East", I stay connected to that almost 24/7 baring a power outage.

Questions:

While waiting for my wife to order the Amazon Fire box, I tried out Crackle last night from my PS4.

Crackle is a free streaming service with limited TV shows and movies.

1) I did not buffer once while watching a TV show on Crackle.  But I do not think the show was in full HD.  Does anyone know if Crackle streams any shows in HD that I could test?

2) Can anyone make a recommendation of Netflix vs Amazon Prime for me?  Note that we do purchase a lot of items via Amazon but we never pay any shipping costs (Amazon is still free shipping for order of $35 or more).

Questions:

While waiting for my wife to order the Amazon Fire box, I tried out Crackle last night from my PS4.

Crackle is a free streaming service with limited TV shows and movies.

1) I did not buffer once while watching a TV show on Crackle.  But I do not think the show was in full HD.  Does anyone know if Crackle streams any shows in HD that I could test?

2) Can anyone make a recommendation of Netflix vs Amazon Prime for me?  Note that we do purchase a lot of items via Amazon but we never pay any shipping costs (Amazon is still free shipping for order of $35 or more).
Netflix has very good original programming, but their selection of TV shows and movies is decreasing.

Amazon has some good original programming, and a better selection of TV series and movies.

I have both - we have Amazon for the shipping primarily, and didn't watch anything on it for many months after getting it.  If I had to drop one based solely on programming, it would be Amazon, but not by much.  I just really like a few of the Netflix originals and expect them to continue to make more good shows as time goes on.

http://www.tv.com/shows/master-of-none/community/post/netflix-original-shows-ranked-orange-is-the-new-black-fuller-house-sense8-daredevil-jessica-jones-145860884456/

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Orange is the New Black, Master of None, and Kimmy Schmidt are all shows I really liked.  Bojack Horseman is funny but didn't grab me.

Thanks for the advice.  I tried again, this time using my Xbox One.  Tried HBO Now first and when I try to sign in there are only 5 providers listed and Comcast/Xfinity is not one of them.  Then I tried HBO Go.  No idea what the difference is between the 2 apps, but I tried it anyway.  HBO Go gives me an activation code and tells me to visit www.hbogo.com/activate and then login with my subscriber credentials.  Good news in that Xfinity is on there, however I enter my credentials and immediately get an error "Sorry, there was an error loading this page.  Your account has not been charged".  If I click OK, it logs me into my Xfinity account, but then there is no way to enter my activation code.  So frustrated!  I did some Googling and apparently lots of Comcast folks are having HBO streaming issues like this, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/HBO-Go-errors-when-logging-in-at-Comcast-server/td-p/1996007.  Guess I will resort to calling Comcast after all.
Wanted to post a follow-up to this.  I ended up calling Comcast and was told that I actually need the TV package for this to work. The good news is that the 75Mb internet package WITH the cheapest basic cable package plus HBO is actually $5 cheaper per month that just the 75Mb internet only plan we were on prior.  I told the guy on the phone that I wasn't planning on even using the cable box and he said that was fine.  I dropped by the Xfinity store today and finally and picked up my box but never opened it or anything.  Tonight I attempted once again to activate HBO Go on my XBox One - AND IT WORKED!  Can't wait to finally start streaming Game of Thrones plus other HBO content.

Wanted to post a follow-up to this.  I ended up calling Comcast and was told that I actually need the TV package for this to work. The good news is that the 75Mb internet package WITH the cheapest basic cable package plus HBO is actually $5 cheaper per month that just the 75Mb internet only plan we were on prior.  I told the guy on the phone that I wasn't planning on even using the cable box and he said that was fine.  I dropped by the Xfinity store today and finally and picked up my box but never opened it or anything.  Tonight I attempted once again to activate HBO Go on my XBox One - AND IT WORKED!  Can't wait to finally start streaming Game of Thrones plus other HBO content.
I just went through this fiesta with Comcast a few weeks ago. BTW, will still be a little more expensive because of the taxes and fee that come with having TV service, but it's not so bad having basic cable for the essentials. For instance, having NBC Sports Network for the playoffs has been clutch.

Left Morpheus and went back to Titanium. All the live tv links stopped working in Morpheus. Using the Evolve addon and Cosmix addon (see Musham's YouTube) for watching live tv.  Wish Titanium had movie and show descriptions like Morpheus does, but, Titaniums updates keeping things current trumps that. 

ETA: the Cosmix addon had 10+ links to choose from for ESPN. 

Left Morpheus and went back to Titanium. All the live tv links stopped working in Morpheus. Using the Evolve addon and Cosmix addon (see Musham's YouTube) for watching live tv.  Wish Titanium had movie and show descriptions like Morpheus does, but, Titaniums updates keeping things current trumps that. 

He just reviewed another one that has the movie and TV shows summaries, called Blue Build:

https://youtu.be/HQpcaaLIjvE

One issue with this one is it has the XXL links as one of the main tabs, but Im sure there is a way to turn that tab off in the Settings.

I found that Husham has a website now...

http://www.husham.com/

I would think the this would have more to do with the add on than the build. That is if the Davinci Code (Stalker TV clone) doesn't work in Morpheus then it's also not going to work in Titanium. Add Ons are (or at least they should be) independent of the build in how they function.

Was actually going to post in here asking if anyone had a StakerTV clone add on they could suggest as the ones I was using seem dead. Between Evolve and Cosmix which would you recommend?

Has anyone found a way to get 5.1 working in Jarvis? I had in working in Isengard by enabling passthrough, Dolby Digital & DTS and it worked. When I try to do the same in Jarvis I get the message that I need to first have an Audio add on.

I would think the this would have more to do with the add on than the build. That is if the Davinci Code (Stalker TV clone) doesn't work in Morpheus then it's also not going to work in Titanium. Add Ons are (or at least they should be) independent of the build in how they function.

Was actually going to post in here asking if anyone had a StakerTV clone add on they could suggest as the ones I was using seem dead. Between Evolve and Cosmix which would you recommend?
Right, but the Titanium updates do a lot of that for you from what I can tell.  For example the 5-19-2016 Titanium update included an update to the latest version of Sportsdevil.  I'm hoping a good build would include updates to the latest and greatest addons otherwise it's just a bunch of fancy skins.

Users who are viewing this thread