What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you eating for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Seafood enchiladas and corn cake on Christmas Eve. (worked at Chi-Chi's way back when) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/95/cf/2b95cff745f0459b4b4eb442b4202e48.jpg

French toast casserole Christmas morning with Christmas Morning. https://icdn.bottlenose.wine/images/full/659063.jpg

Snacking throughout the day as we go visit a few relatives.

Do you have a recipe for the seafood enchiladas? I've tried some copycat recopies online but they've always fallen a little short.

Seafood enchiladas and corn cake on Christmas Eve. (worked at Chi-Chi's way back when) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/95/cf/2b95cff745f0459b4b4eb442b4202e48.jpg

French toast casserole Christmas morning with Christmas Morning. https://icdn.bottlenose.wine/images/full/659063.jpg

Do you have a recipe for the seafood enchiladas? I've tried some copycat recopies online but they've always fallen a little short.
This one is spot on for the Chi Chi's version. https://www.food.com/recipe/chi-chis-seafood-enchiladas-148921

Edit: I add in real crab as well.

Edit2: this comment is spot on as well: (Remember... The plates are hot and then you touched them anyway. lol) We had to clean the outer rim of the plate that just came out of a 500 degree oven. At first you use a towel but after a while you've built up a tolerance to the heat and just use your thumbs. We would pull plates out of the oven on our fingertips sometimes to freak out new guys.

That was my go to order at Chi-Chi's. Miss that place.
Beef chimi with diablo sauce for me. And the nachos grande with extra jalapenos (individual size since I was making it).

I'm glad this got bumped, I was just about to launch a new one
:lol:

-Time to go to the grocery store and specialty shops to stock up for a few days.
I really enjoy a hot bowl of chili or some years I make a German style brisket in the oven, everyone says it's the bomb but it's also very heavy.

This year we are aiming to make a punch bowl X-Mas Eve during the Miami-Dallas game, I'm gonna need it.

-Time to go to the grocery store and specialty shops to stock up for a few days.
I really enjoy a hot bowl of chili or some years I make a German style brisket in the oven, everyone says it's the bomb but it's also very heavy.

This year we are aiming to make a punch bowl X-Mas Eve during the Miami-Dallas game, I'm gonna need it.
actually doing something Alsatian tonight:
duck with shallot, port reduction
spaetzle
red cabbage

actually doing something Alsatian tonight:
duck with shallot, port reduction
spaetzle
red cabbage
I could live on spaetzle and cabbage

Christmas Day--

Dunkin Donuts for breakfast

For lunch--meat and cheese trays, fruit tray and dip, tray of pinwheels, chips and dips, a big pot of white chicken chili and a bunch of deserts that I am working on making today.

For dinner--beer.

I know not the most elaborate meals, but this shopping season has worn me out. Plus since I retired a few months back, I feel like all I have done is spend my life in the kitchen. I need a break and wanted the easy way out.

Eve: clam chowder, sourdough and a salad with peppermint ice cream for dessert. I’ve had clam chowder every Christmas Eve for 50 years. It’s a tradition my grandma’s family started probably 100 years ago so I’m not breaking it.

Day: breakfast is always raised yeast waffles with all the typical breakfast sides. Bloody Marys and/or mimosas.

Dinner this year is chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and pecan pie.

And a fair amount of wine, whiskey and gin mixed in among all of this.
This again, but substituting in prime rib and au gratin potatoes for Christmas dinner.

We've also started having a traditional Festivus meal on the 23rd (tonight): meat loaf, spinach and mashed potatoes.

Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus!

Got the sauce made (longest/hardest part) plus two loaves of bread for french toast casserole, and the "bread" layer for pumpkin rolls. Nice not having to scramble tomorrow.

Baked Ham
Some potato casserole thingy that my wife likes to make. Kind of like twice-baked potatoes, but not
Either steamed broccoli with a mustard/sour cream/Worcestershire sauce or Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon
Maybe something else if anything in this thread strikes my fancy
Homemade pecan pie using pecans from my wife's grandma's farm in Southern Illinois. Best darn pecans I have ever had. They are small, almost round and sweet,

For our Spanish Christmas dinner, we are responsible for tortillas, croquetas and basque cheesecake.

Full menu also includes patatas bravas, canary island cilantro soup, shrimp and mussels paella (even have the actual outdoor paella grill borrowed from a friend who was born in Spain), arroz con leche, olives and Spanish cheeses, albondigas (meatballs) and pisto manchego (spanish veggie dish like ratatouille) .

Last edited:
Talked to my mom and dad this morning and my dad isn't feeling well. We were planning on going over tonight for dinner, some roasted chicken, potatoes, carrots and green beans. Now that those plans were nixed, we're going to have the traditional, non-traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Chinese food.

If you're not in the mood for a big cooking endeavor, opting for something simpler like making pizza sounds like a great idea. Pizza can be a fun and customizable option for a holiday meal. You can prepare a variety of toppings, and cheesy chicken casserole, and everyone can assemble their own or share different kinds.

Alternatively, you might explore other options like ordering takeout from a local restaurant, which can help support local businesses during these challenging times. Many places offer holiday specials or catering options that could make the day special without the need for extensive cooking.

Last edited:
If you're not in the mood for a big cooking endeavor, opting for something simpler like making pizza sounds like a great idea. Pizza can be a fun and customizable option for a holiday meal. You can prepare a variety of toppings, and cheesy chicken casserole, and everyone can assemble their own or share different kinds.

Alternatively, you might explore other options like ordering takeout from a local restaurant, which can help support local businesses during these challenging times. Many places offer holiday specials or catering options that could make the day special without the need for extensive cooking.

I'm enjoying our newest poster. Welcome!

Prime Rib is has been aging in the fridge for Saturday. It was a hit last year so I will be using @TheFanatic prime rib again this year. Wife will be making cheesy hashbrowns which is a family get together staple. Not sure what else yet, but I am sure she will have plenty of goodees for the family.

Christmas day it will just be the wife, myself and the one child left at home, so I think we are going to either do leftovers if there are any or I will throw a ham on that she got for Christmas from her work.
How did it come out?

Prime Rib is has been aging in the fridge for Saturday. It was a hit last year so I will be using @TheFanatic prime rib again this year. Wife will be making cheesy hashbrowns which is a family get together staple. Not sure what else yet, but I am sure she will have plenty of goodees for the family.

Christmas day it will just be the wife, myself and the one child left at home, so I think we are going to either do leftovers if there are any or I will throw a ham on that she got for Christmas from her work.
How did it come out?
It turned out great! The family really enjoyed it and there was very little left over of a 18 lb piece of meat.

How did it come out?
Long time no see. I hope you are well and stick around

Users who are viewing this thread