What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you call that thing with wheels that you put your items in at the grocery store? A pole (3 Viewers)

What is that wheeled thing called?

• Wagon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buggy

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Cart

Votes: 296 94.9%
  • Trolley

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
When I was a kid we called them carriages. I am not sure if that was my mom's Ohio roots or a weird Long Island thing. I think it's an Ohio thing.

Now I use shopping cart or carriage interchangeably. 

jfranco77 said:
When I was a kid we called them carriages. I am not sure if that was my mom's Ohio roots or a weird Long Island thing. I think it's an Ohio thing.
Have lived in Ohio all my life and have never heard that...is she from southern Ohio?

Call it what you want just don't have your dirty kid in it eating food you haven't paid for yet...

I hear "bascart" occasionally.  I have never heard any of these other terms other than cart.

Are you people that call it a carriage or buggy from jolly old England? Never heard It called anything other than a cart.  :confused:

jfranco77 said:

Now I use shopping cart or carriage interchangeably. 
There's some real #### you can blame Ohio for... but this ain't one of them.

What people in Ohio get wrong with grocery stores is calling them possessive (e.g. Kroger's and Meijer's) 

Users who are viewing this thread