What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What If... (1 Viewer)

glumpy

breeze
Fox Sports conjecture, should denver get Manning

Tim Tebow will have performed his last Mile High Miracle if the Denver Broncos win the race to land Peyton Manning, Pro Football Network reported Sunday.

A source close to the team said Tebow stands to be traded upon the arrival of the four-time MVP.

The report claims the Jacksonville Jaguars are lining themselves up to acquire the unconventional quarterback, who led the Broncos on a sometimes-improbable run to the AFC West title last season.
I think Jax would be more willing to play to his strengths--and obviously Tebow would fire up their fan base! :cool:

It makes sense and could definitely happen. As a Tebow owner, I am not sure it would be good for his fantasy production, however. It seems like Tebow had a good rapport with Demarius Thomas and the Denver OL was a killer run blocking line. Am I wrong to think that Jacksonville may be one of the few teams that actually has a worse supporting cast for Tebow than what he had in Denver? And we know the Denver OC can work with Tebow but we don't know if Jacksonville will figure out how to work to his strengths. I would rather Tebow stays in Denver and benefits from a full off season program in which he is the starting QB and gets the most reps.

If Denver gets Manning, I really don't think they trade Tebow. Here's why:

[*]only other QB rostered is Weber (undrafted FA). I would not feel comfortable putting the ball in the hands of a 36 yr old QB after he took a year off, without a legit back-up. Odds are good PM will miss some time in 2012, need to have a contingency plan. Don't even mention Gabbert in Denver. I will reach through the innernet and choke out anyone who suggests such a thing.

[*]Tebow has three years remaining on a very affordable rookie contract.

[*]IMO, it's better to have a back-up QB with a different style than the starter. can anyone legitimately run PM's offense? I think it would be better to change the offense if you have to change the QB. (if Tebow is the guy, I likewise don't think that the Broncos should have a college option QB as back-up).

[*]By the time Manning hangs it up, Tebow will have had a year or two to refine his game. I would expect major improvements in technique by then. Tebow as a legit pocket passer would be dominant.

[*]as of right now, there really isn't a market for his services. Jacksonville is the only team that wants him, right? I don't think there are a lot of teams clamoring for a QB with limited throwing abilities out there. Without competition, they low-ball Denver and offer a 2nd or 3rd. To me, that's just not worth it; I would hope EFX agrees.

[*]there would be a pretty significant fan back-lash if Tebow is let go.

I heard an interview with Cecil the other day where he says that the "trade Tebow" meme is something that sportswriters made up to get viewers and page-clicks. Let's face it - it's a pretty sexy story, and anytime you can bring drama to the Tebowites, they will eat it up.

Would Tebow be pissed that his starting gig gets yanked? No doubt. would he demand a trade? He might, but I don't think that's really in Tebow's nature. Would the Broncos grant that trade? I really don't think so; I don't think EFX wants to go through that again.

Once they sign Laurent Robinson, The Tebow will flourish with him and the other superstars at WR.

[*]only other QB rostered is Weber (undrafted FA). I would not feel comfortable putting the ball in the hands of a 36 yr old QB after he took a year off, without a legit back-up. Odds are good PM will miss some time in 2012, need to have a contingency plan. Don't even mention Gabbert in Denver. I will reach through the innernet and choke out anyone who suggests such a thing.

[*]Tebow has three years remaining on a very affordable rookie contract.

[*]IMO, it's better to have a back-up QB with a different style than the starter. can anyone legitimately run PM's offense? I think it would be better to change the offense if you have to change the QB. (if Tebow is the guy, I likewise don't think that the Broncos should have a college option QB as back-up).

[*]By the time Manning hangs it up, Tebow will have had a year or two to refine his game. I would expect major improvements in technique by then. Tebow as a legit pocket passer would be dominant.

[*]as of right now, there really isn't a market for his services. Jacksonville is the only team that wants him, right? I don't think there are a lot of teams clamoring for a QB with limited throwing abilities out there. Without competition, they low-ball Denver and offer a 2nd or 3rd. To me, that's just not worth it; I would hope EFX agrees.

[*]there would be a pretty significant fan back-lash if Tebow is let go.

I heard an interview with Cecil the other day where he says that the "trade Tebow" meme is something that sportswriters made up to get viewers and page-clicks. Let's face it - it's a pretty sexy story, and anytime you can bring drama to the Tebowites, they will eat it up.

Would Tebow be pissed that his starting gig gets yanked? No doubt. would he demand a trade? He might, but I don't think that's really in Tebow's nature. Would the Broncos grant that trade? I really don't think so; I don't think EFX wants to go through that again.
:goodposting: Agree with most, if not all, of this.

1. only other QB rostered is Weber (undrafted FA). I would not feel comfortable putting the ball in the hands of a 36 yr old QB after he took a year off, without a legit back-up. Odds are good PM will miss some time in 2012, need to have a contingency plan. Don't even mention Gabbert in Denver. I will reach through the innernet and choke out anyone who suggests such a thing.There are a dozen boring vet QBs who would be better backups than Tebow. The long term contingency plan is drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round, which you're going to do anyway even if you don't get Manning.

Users who are viewing this thread