What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What, in general, annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Why do women seem to be caught off guard when the store clerk tells them the amount of their bill. It is like they are surprised they have to pay. They put all of their goods on the counter, clerk rings it up and tells them the amount and then, only then do they open their purse and start digging around for their money.
Why did you bump a six year old thread for this trite observation?
It annoyed me and there was already a thread discussing what annoys us. Would you rather I started a new thread?
I'd rather you bring up something new and interesting to discuss.

Young women who think Miley Cyrus is a revelation and icon, and not just another pop star brat whose sexual development was repressed by Disney and summarily exploded into 110% whore-ville as soon as she was unleashed from Mickey.
One of the better expressed rants I have seen lately. Nice work.

Why do women seem to be caught off guard when the store clerk tells them the amount of their bill. It is like they are surprised they have to pay. They put all of their goods on the counter, clerk rings it up and tells them the amount and then, only then do they open their purse and start digging around for their money.
It annoyed me and there was already a thread discussing what annoys us. Would you rather I started a new thread?
The thread title is; What in general annoys you. What I posted qualifies. I would suggest you just post Ditka Butkus annoys me, and leave it at that.

The thread title is; What in general annoys you. What I posted qualifies. I would suggest you just post Ditka Butkus annoys me, and leave it at that.
I don't think there's anything new and interesting about that pronouncement, either.

When you see a potentially awesome pair of yoga pants but they are covered by a winter coat or oversized sweater at the precise point of definition.....

People who rapidly accelerate to get to a street light that has been red since the previous light turned green..

Last edited by a moderator:
flysack said:
Taylor Swift fans who think mixing Taylor Swift with Trent Reznor sounds good.

I know it's specific and very trite, but it annoys me and I'm here to announce it.

Atrocious Link
Why? Why would you post the link? I can't help but click it when someone posts a link like that, and then I hit 'play' on the video because I enjoy a good train wreck. What I heard goes beyond that. It was the audio version of watching that video from The Ring. If you posted that on the Something Awful website, it would crash and never come back again, sucked through vortex and to some previously unknown layer of hell. That mix will play when the world ends.

tl;dr - I didn't care for it.

People who will by-pass a long line of cars in traffic and then try to merge into an exit or turn lane at the closest possible point.

when you go to the deli and ask for lettuce on your sandwich and they put practically an entire salad on your sandwich.

flysack said:
Taylor Swift fans who think mixing Taylor Swift with Trent Reznor sounds good.

I know it's specific and very trite, but it annoys me and I'm here to announce it.

Atrocious Link
Why? Why would you post the link? I can't help but click it when someone posts a link like that, and then I hit 'play' on the video because I enjoy a good train wreck. What I heard goes beyond that. It was the audio version of watching that video from The Ring. If you posted that on the Something Awful website, it would crash and never come back again, sucked through vortex and to some previously unknown layer of hell. That mix will play when the world ends.

tl;dr - I didn't care for it.
I think it sounds pretty damn good :shrug:

flysack said:
Young women who think Miley Cyrus is a revelation and icon, and not just another pop star brat whose sexual development was repressed by Disney and summarily exploded into 110% whore-ville as soon as she was unleashed from Mickey.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

overly loud talkers/laughers... i mean come on... you know you're annoying and you do it anyway... no one gives a flying [beep]

When Katy Perry's left shark broke off the choreography and just started doing their own thing I was pretty incensed.

Women with wings tattooed on their back.

Men with barbed wire or tribal bands on their arms.

You both annoy the hell out of me with your cliched existence.

People that walk down the street but look to the side. Watch where you're walking! Sometimes they come out of a store and are looking practically behind them as they walk forward.

Idiots. Occasionally I'll give them a bump or get close enough to scare them. Like with people walking while looking at their phones.

People who will by-pass a long line of cars in traffic and then try to merge into an exit or turn lane at the closest possible point.
:hi: I love the gamble.
No, you are just being a ####. Get in line like everyone else. Nothing is more satisfying than swerving over to prevent this.
Don't let me in then. I'll find a spot. :shrug:
I like the way your jib is cut. I too am a late lane switcher. Why is everyone in such a dang hurry to merge? The lane is there to use, not just to waste space. Some people seem to think it is like cutting in line, but I disagree. The further back the mergers start their ridiculous pre-merging, the further back traffic gets backed up. Chill out and merge when you are forced to by the powers that be. No need to do it sooner.

No, you are just being a ####. Get in line like everyone else. Nothing is more satisfying than swerving over to prevent this.
I like the way your jib is cut. I too am a late lane switcher. Why is everyone in such a dang hurry to merge? The lane is there to use, not just to waste space. Some people seem to think it is like cutting in line, but I disagree. The further back the mergers start their ridiculous pre-merging, the further back traffic gets backed up. Chill out and merge when you are forced to by the powers that be. No need to do it sooner.
Big fan of the zipper merge, but I don't think that was the situation GF was referring to.

It's a different story when there's a turn/exit lane and you pass and then cut in line. If you don't get let in, you're blocking a free-moving lane.

Yeah.. some folks at work spout that occasionally.. heard it this am.. uuuuggghhhhhhh.....

Now if it was a Red Swingline.. stapler.. It could be reduced to second degree attempted stiching with intent to staple..

I like the way your jib is cut.I too am a late lane switcher. Why is everyone in such a dang hurry to merge? The lane is there to use, not just to waste space. Some people seem to think it is like cutting in line, but I disagree. The further back the mergers start their ridiculous pre-merging, the further back traffic gets backed up. Chill out and merge when you are forced to by the powers that be. No need to do it sooner.
Big fan of the zipper merge, but I don't think that was the situation GF was referring to.

It's a different story when there's a turn/exit lane and you pass and then cut in line. If you don't get let in, you're blocking a free-moving lane.
I agree with jhib, I think the annoying situation is when there is already a long line of cars (from traffic, accident, whatever), and someone decides to run up the free lane until they are right at the merge and then slide in. What makes them better to be able to cut in line? At the grocery store do you just linger until a cashier is done and slide in before the 10 people in the line?

The kind of people that are so large a body part or two bump and beep the horn when getting out of their car...

I like the way your jib is cut.I too am a late lane switcher. Why is everyone in such a dang hurry to merge? The lane is there to use, not just to waste space. Some people seem to think it is like cutting in line, but I disagree. The further back the mergers start their ridiculous pre-merging, the further back traffic gets backed up. Chill out and merge when you are forced to by the powers that be. No need to do it sooner.
In a perfectly efficient driving environment, everyone is going to merge as soon as they know that they need to. Therefore, this is not a viable strategy as everyone is going to look out for their own best interests knowing that everyone else is going to be merging ASAP as well. Simple game theory, really.

I agree with jhib, I think the annoying situation is when there is already a long line of cars (from traffic, accident, whatever), and someone decides to run up the free lane until they are right at the merge and then slide in. What makes them better to be able to cut in line? At the grocery store do you just linger until a cashier is done and slide in before the 10 people in the line?
OK, misunderstood. If there is a lane ending, I'll go all the way to the end. But it if is an exit lane, I'll get over as soon as I can, except for specific locations I drive often that I know will open up right at the exit.

In a perfectly efficient driving environment, everyone is going to merge as soon as they know that they need to. Therefore, this is not a viable strategy as everyone is going to look out for their own best interests knowing that everyone else is going to be merging ASAP as well. Simple game theory, really.
If you're talking about where one lane ends, you're completely wrong. Both lanes go to a certain point for a reason. I believe there is an entire thread on this.

If you're talking about where one lane ends, you're completely wrong. Both lanes go to a certain point for a reason. I believe there is an entire thread on this.
:confused: I'm simply referring to driver psychology. The zipper merge is not an effective strategy because game theory. Pretty simple.

:confused: I'm simply referring to driver psychology. The zipper merge is not an effective strategy because game theory. Pretty simple.
I'm not following you. If everyone is looking out for their best interests, one wouldn't get in a long line knowing that others can just pass them in the other line and move over later. Everyone would just get into whichever line was shortest at the time and then merge at the end (the actual merge point), hence the zipper merge.

If you're not following the zipper merge, you are putting yourself at the mercy of others both ahead and behind you, and the only good outcome is if everyone merges right away as well and no one behind you ends up in front of you.

If you do follow the zipper merge and simply choose whichever line is shortest at the time you arrive, it doesn't matter so much what others do. If everyone ahead of you does the zipper, you're in the same boat as the ideal situation in the merge early scenario (no one behind you ends up ahead of you, slowing you down). If people ahead choose to merge early instead, it actually helps you by allowing you in front of them. If others merge early behind you, it has no effect on you.

Note, I'm not well versed in game theory - I guess when it comes to that kind of traffic, my game is Tetris.

Users who are viewing this thread