What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the SINGLE most important fantasy mistake? (1 Viewer)

I think the single biggest fantasy mistake, assuming head-to-head, is not drafting with the play-offs in mind.Our league runs wks 1-13 regular season, with the play-offs wks 14-16. Our regular season leader went 13-0, while I sneaked into the play-offs as bottom seed with a 6-7 record, yet because I drafted with the play-offs in mind I beat him handily and went on to win the whole thing.Again. :D

i sure would take a kicker higher 

some guys just don't get it 
LOL. Hard to believe so many on a generally well informed board like this one can't get this concept. 
Funny I was thinking that very same thing.The point about people not getting the basic concept of VBD is a good one too. In fact I think :-)looks over shoulder:) the ONLY thing worthwhile about VBD is the basic concept, ie not just drafting for value but drafting to get the biggest overall gap between your players and your opponents (in fact that is the "value"). Ivan is right that going from 4 to 6 doesn't suddenly make QBs a zillion times more valuable, but it does matter, ie increasing their TD pts makes getting a better one more valuable because there is now more separation between QBs throwing more and less TD passes. If you made passing yards 1 pt/5 yds you'd see the same thing for high-yardage QBs. If you can't see this, take the QB TDs = 100 pts example. If that is true, you're a complete fool if you don't put a very high priority on QBs. PKs would be similar (but as someone said, they're more volatile, so it's not exactly the same). And if WR TDs = 100 pts, you better believe I'm aiming for Moss #1. duh.  Here is someone who gets it. IF kickers got 100 points, the difference between him and the 12th ranked kicker by years end would be somewhere around 1000 points. Now i dont care how good a season Holmes or Tomlinson have, they wont score 1000 more points than the12th(or even 2nd) highest RB.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Wow -Some people can't see the lightYoure making the biggest mistake there is....your comparing points from different positions. It doesnt matter how many points you put towards passing tds...you still only start 1 QB....ALL qbs rise in points but NOT invalue to RBs or WRs or Kickers or Defenses.I know you guys don't get it and probably won't today.....but if you do, you will increase your ff knowledge a little.
Crazy8 ---You are EXACTLY right! Every year after the draft I try to explain that to my league mates and every year over half of them forget what I tell them. Oh well! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It is not entirely true. My local league is completely messed up. Our defense scoring is about 60% of the total score so basically the 1 qbm 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, 1 k do not nearly count the same.If the Ravens had a good day it did not matter that Portis ran for 5 TDs the Ravens owner is still going to win by a mile!

Users who are viewing this thread