What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

CS made a NE IPA that I thought was outrageously good. Not sure if they ever bottled it or if it was just on tap at the brewery, but if you see that- jump on it.
I'll keep an eye out. I'll buy literally anything they make. I actually went back for more today and grabbed Vielle, Petite Sours Raspberry and Peach, and Hop Savant Brett IPA.

Starting with Mikkeller Citra Session IPA to pace myself. I like Mikkeller quite a bit, but not really a fan of his bigger IPAs -- way too malt-forward IMO. The session series is great though; this is the 4th one I've had and all of them have been really good. Light, bright, crushable, and the individual Hop characteristics are really prominent. Highly recommended.

Dark Horse Rain in Blood (meh) and Short's Bellaire Brown ( :thumbup: ) next. Crooked Stave x 4 on deck.

Jerk wings on the smoker as an appetizer before burgers tonight.

BTW @Hawks64 and @ditka311 the Spice House's jerk rub is phenomenal. Mix with lime juice, OJ, soy, and a little oil and marinate overnight.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/jamaican-jerk-seasoning

Actually, the Spice House just rocks, period IMO. Better than Penzy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll keep an eye out. I'll buy literally anything they make. I actually went back for more today and grabbed Vielle, Petite Sours Raspberry and Peach, and Hop Savant Brett IPA.

Starting with Mikkeller Citra Session IPA to pace myself. I like Mikkeller quite a bit, but not really a fan of his bigger IPAs -- way too malt-forward IMO. The session series is great though; this is the 4th one I've had and all of them have been really good. Light, bright, crushable, and the individual Hop characteristics are really prominent. Highly recommended.
Yeah I find doubles very hit or miss these days. I liked the Surly better than the Half Acre. 

Dark Horse Rain in Blood (meh) and Short's Bellaire Brown ( :thumbup: ) next. Crooked Stave x 4 on deck.

Jerk wings on the smoker as an appetizer before burgers tonight.

BTW @Hawks64 and @ditka311 the Spice House's jerk rub is phenomenal. Mix with lime juice, OJ, soy, and a little oil and marinate overnight.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/jamaican-jerk-seasoning

Actually, the Spice House just rocks, period IMO. Better than Penzy's.
I use Walkerwoods to marinade and then brush another coat on at the end. Typically do wings too. 

To get this back on track, I'm at my daughter's birthday party where they do nails and hair, etc for her and friends. Really going to need a beer in an hour. 

Might open a Dark Lord tonight. The sparkling green wax matches all of the damn glitter I'm getting covered with at this party so might as well roll with it....

I use Walkerwoods to marinade and then brush another coat on at the end. Typically do wings too. 

To get this back on track, I'm at my daughter's birthday party where they do nails and hair, etc for her and friends. Really going to need a beer in an hour. 

Might open a Dark Lord tonight. The sparkling green wax matches all of the damn glitter I'm getting covered with at this party so might as well roll with it....
LOL been there GB. And will be again in a few weeks -- younger one turning 9 in June.

Raspberry sounds good. 
If you are a raspberry fan, buy this one on sight GB. It's well beyond good.

Colorado Wild Sage, not so much. Unless you're a big fan of sage in beer. Which now I know that I'm not. Medicinal blech. First Crooked Stave beer I've had that I wouldn't buy again.

If you are a raspberry fan, buy this one on sight GB. It's well beyond good.

Colorado Wild Sage, not so much. Unless you're a big fan of sage in beer. Which now I know that I'm not. Medicinal blech. First Crooked Stave beer I've had that I wouldn't buy again.
Big fan of raspberry, blueberry, etc so if I was going to pick a sour it would likely be one of those. Although I still have a Pear Bear.  Actually, I had a Jester King at DLD that wasn't a fruited sour that was really good. Smelled like ### but was surprisingly good. 

Had the raspberry Vlad last night. Way too much raspberry. Sad!

Holy Christ I drank way too many...had to turn the 4Runner keys over to the GF...Ive has this vehicle for 6 years and no one else has ever drove it...but she's doing great...stopping for nachos and one more beer then homeward for the trip to Key West on the a.m....Life is good, brohans!

Wingnut said:
Holy Christ I drank way too many...had to turn the 4Runner keys over to the GF...Ive has this vehicle for 6 years and no one else has ever drove it...but she's doing great...stopping for nachos and one more beer then homeward for the trip to Key West on the a.m....Life is good, brohans!
Uh-oh GB....I was the first and only person the wife let drive her Explorer. You can see where that went!

Yesterday was much more lower in volume of breweries. Hit Sailfish in Ft. Pierce and then with @Wingnut at Civil Society.

Sailfish - The Fish Whistle was the best they had on tap. A nice hoppy pale. What's odd is they had two IPAs that hit my hop profile (Mosaic, Nelson and Simcoe) but were off. I think it's because they just moved to a new space and went from 3bbl to 20bbl.

Civil Society - Simply the best brewery I've been to in Florida. Fresh, Juice, Pulp, Emerald Showers, and Blondes make me Hoppy (Mosaic and Nelson varients) were all 4+ beers. Would love to go back again before we leave but 2.5 hours each way is a #####.

Brunched with Noon Whistle Let's Gummy. That was very sweet and juicy. Maybe even a little more malt than I prefer. The more NEIPAs I have, the more I think Old Nation is the best in the Midwest and it's not close.

Brunched with Noon Whistle Let's Gummy. That was very sweet and juicy. Maybe even a little more malt than I prefer. The more NEIPAs I have, the more I think Old Nation is the best in the Midwest and it's not close.

Binny's had all of the Sculpins for 11.99 so going with a grapefruit. Feels more like barrel aged weather though. 
Just got back from Chicago, your weather was so insane this weekend. Just when I thought it was cold, it was warm and vice versa. Now I am back in Michigan drinking a Green Stone Old Nation APA on the deck where it is sunny and 70.

Just got back from Chicago, your weather was so insane this weekend. Just when I thought it was cold, it was warm and vice versa. Now I am back in Michigan drinking a Green Stone Old Nation APA on the deck where it is sunny and 70.
I was in Dallas for work for most of the week so didn't really see the nice part. Got back and it was crappy. But Dallas was 90 and generally pretty nice so...

Trying to convince my brother to get a keg of Vallejo. 

I was in Dallas for work for most of the week so didn't really see the nice part. Got back and it was crappy. But Dallas was 90 and generally pretty nice so...

Trying to convince my brother to get a keg of Vallejo. 
I was just around Frday-Sunday. Friday was in the 50s (after leaving Michigan where it was in the 90s). Sat AM it was cold and rainy, go to a show and come out and it's dinner/drinks on Division patios weather. Head out for brunch this AM and it's warm, by the time brunch is over it was cold. It was weird as hell. 

Vallejo was one of the many beers I was able to get in this weekend- always a solid ipa. 

So we went back to Tampa yesterday to do a Cider/Sour route. Hit up Cigar City Cider & Mead, Hidden Springs and Six Ten.

Cigar City & Mead - the building it is in is really cool, not sure if it's an original from back in the day but it looks like it. If you like ciders or mead this is a must stop. My wife loved this place, I even liked the Strawberry Banana Cider!

Hidden Springs - cool little place, has lots of local artists pieces displayed. Hops were ok, gose were very good and the berliners were good.

Six Ten - got to this place about an hour before closing so it was pretty dead. Had three of their berliners (CGBG, CGBG Apricot and plum) and Silky's Sour a Belgium style sour. The Apricot and Silky's were excellent and the regular CGBG and Plum were good.

I think we're done hitting up breweries but maybe on Friday will hit up a few in Orlando (Crooked Can, Red Cypress and Hourglass) but we'll see how the week goes lol

FFF kind of night -- Blood of the Sunsets and Lazer Snake.
Fan of Blood of the Sunsets. Was one of the most interesting and delicious beers I had at Tribes Fest a couple of years ago. Was called something else. Almost got a Permanent Funeral today. Probably should have. 

Four day weekend starts today. Starting off with a Vallejo. 

So this pseudo Pseudo Sue out of Lakeland dated May 1...actually really damn good. Especially compared to the #### they dumped on Chicago a little while back. 

So this pseudo Pseudo Sue out of Lakeland dated May 1...actually really damn good. Especially compared to the #### they dumped on Chicago a little while back. 
I noticed recent batches have been getting better. Brew Hub has $3 pints and  $5 growlers all weekend...Im getting a couple growlers later today.

Fresh growler of Pseudo Sue from Brew Hub. Its...ok. their Rome City IPA they have on right now is much better.

Down to 4 crowlers to take home, Pulp, two Juice, and Souramel. Also some Cigar City Home Made Apple Pie cider. What a great beer trip!!

Down to 4 crowlers to take home, Pulp, two Juice, and Souramel. Also some Cigar City Home Made Apple Pie cider. What a great beer trip!!
You definitely did it right! Hopefully next time you come down I'll be living in Tampa or St Pete and you can crash so we can really do it up. :banned:

Going funky today with Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noir and Calabaza Blanca and Boulevard Saison-Brett (2016). Hops later in the form of Space Cake and Jade. Also have some Wehemstephaner Vitus and Dunkelweizen, and a mixed six of Unibroue's Belgian-style offerings. Kind of all over the place this weekend LOL.

It was good but I kinda like M-43 better

Although I only had one so far so need to finish it off to be sure 
Drank so much m43, boxer and  green stone this weekend. Did a side by side and and I think Boxer is better. M43 almost had no taste next to the flavor bomb that is Boxer. I left the end of an m43 out all day on accident. I was happy to see there was no separation or yeast/flour settling on the bottom. ON says they don't use any shortcuts, just great technique that causes the haze to develop from an interplay between the hops, malts and oats. I believe them.

Also had a Witches Hat Defloured. It's fine but just can't hang with ON. 

Drank so much m43, boxer and  green stone this weekend. Did a side by side and and I think Boxer is better. M43 almost had no taste next to the flavor bomb that is Boxer. I left the end of an m43 out all day on accident. I was happy to see there was no separation or yeast/flour settling on the bottom. ON says they don't use any shortcuts, just great technique that causes the haze to develop from an interplay between the hops, malts and oats. I believe them.

Also had a Witches Hat Defloured. It's fine but just can't hang with ON. 
Hmmm 43 seemed juicer to me but maybe I just have a ####ty palate 

Anyway Brewery Vivant Strawberry Rhubarb sour right now 

Users who are viewing this thread