What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Combo of pineapple and grapefruit sculpin for now. I can already foresee all kinds of bad decisions happening tonight. 

No #hazebro until tomorrow when my brother is dropping off some double dry hopped Sue. 
Inspired me to crack a Unibroue Maudite dubbel -- not quite BA Three Philosophers, but still quite tasty.

I'll have to get back to Transient Ales Friday for some more Kentuckley.  The Buckley was very good also.  Meanwhile I'll go to Tapistry across the street for some gin barrel-aged Mr Orange w/lime.
I'm assuming you mean on tap?  Pretty sure the bottles are gone.  They need to do some refining for mega releases like the one on Saturday.  I had to bail on the line 2,5 hrs in.  Pretty bummed!

Lots of people hyping Genesee Orange Honey Cream Ale around Buffalo and Rochester, so I bought some yesterday. It's not terrible, but I'm not that impressed with it. I don't really like the regular Genesee "red eye" and you can definitely taste it in this cream ale. Again, it's not bad and I'd even say a little refreshing, but I won't be buying it again.

Also tried 12 Gates' (local Buffalo brewery, not sure how far they distribute) Cherry Vanilla Wheat this past week. Another disappointment. The cherry and vanilla are definitely there, but other than that the beer is pretty bitter and doesn't offer much.

12 Gates' West Coast IPA is fantastic though. One of my favorites lately.

Alibi Ale Works

Incline Village Lake Tahoe

SINGLE BARREL DARK SAISON

This very special beer is our beloved dark saison aged in a single cabernet sauvignon wine barrel for 21 months with two strains of brettanomyces. This barrel tasted so good we couldn't bring ourselves to blend it with others, and we decided to showcase it's intense barrel character in a very small run of bottles. We get notes of tart black cherries, leather, tobacco, toasted oak, a hint of brett funk, and surprisingly minimal oxidative character for being in a barrel for nearly 2 years! 9.0% abv. 

Alibi Ale Works

Incline Village Lake Tahoe

SINGLE BARREL DARK SAISON

This very special beer is our beloved dark saison aged in a single cabernet sauvignon wine barrel for 21 months with two strains of brettanomyces. This barrel tasted so good we couldn't bring ourselves to blend it with others, and we decided to showcase it's intense barrel character in a very small run of bottles. We get notes of tart black cherries, leather, tobacco, toasted oak, a hint of brett funk, and surprisingly minimal oxidative character for being in a barrel for nearly 2 years! 9.0% abv. 
That sounds fantastic.

Just bought and put together a brand new 2-tap kegerator yesterday to be ready for the Ocelot keg that just got shipped to me. :pickle: :banned: :pickle: :banned:  :deadbanana: 
Somewhat off topic but last Wednesday I bought a new keg tossed it in the kegerator and all was right with the world.  Thursday night I pull myself a pint and it is warm.  :wall:

I'm having a party on Saturday so this is less than ideal situation.  Thanks to the power of you tube, a multi-meter and some basic electrical knowledge I narrow down the possible culprits.  I walk into the parts store on Friday a few minutes before closing and they do not have relay I need.  I talk some more with the counter guy and he saunters in the back and returns with a part that may work.  I fight rush hour traffic home, quickly reassemble the fridge and plug it in.  Boy was I pumped when I heard the compressor kick on!! :thumbup:   

I'm fairly handy but this was the first time I did any appliance repair so it was a nice win for Berndog  :banned:

TDLR Cold beer is good!

Bark Lord.  Excellent in snifter at taproom.  Was also able to score some leftover Buckley bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Cycle is at it again...a new bottle release every day next Mon-Fri. All collab BA stouts. I wont be getting any of these, the prices are too high for me unless Im trading them, but Im out of the trading game for a while. Doug is making boatloads of cash next week. From their FB page:

Release Details:

The last beer is in the tank!  We are confident enough to move forward with releasing on Monday, 6/5 at 8AM.  The releases will be M-F, 8 AM each day, limits are TBD as usual.  
We are currently planning to close around 10 AM and reopen in the afternoon at our normal time, it is simply too hot to expect people to hang out all day but the bar staff can opt to stay open if there is demand.  Apologies to anybody looking for that lunch break bottle pick up.   We will post each day when we close (or if we opt not to) just as a reminder so you can check facebook for those times.  

The beers will be as follows:

Monday is ??, a collaborative Imperial Stout with Barrel Aged Coffee brewed with The Answer Brewpub.  This is our first barrel aged coffee bean, we aged Indonesian Sumatra coffee beans in an Angel's Envy barrel.  We will also be selling the coffee beans by the 1/2 lb.  $30/bottle

Tuesday is Friendly Heads Up, a collaborative Imperial Stout with Coconut and Cocoa Nibs brewed with Angry Chair Brewing.  $25/bottle

Wednesday is Bonded In Sin, a collaborative Imperial Stout aged in Double Chocolate Bourbon Barrels brewed with 18th Street Brewery  $25/bottle

Thursday is Home State, a collaborative Barleywine with honey brewed with Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.  Our first Barleywine!  $25/bottle

Friday is Big Adventure, a collaborative Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels and then moved from those barrels into cinnamon whiskey barrels with peppers, cocoa nibs and a little bit of vanilla.  We brewed this with Ryan from Casita Our first truly double barrel aged beer!  $30/bottle

As usual, cash only while there is a line, advertised prices are tax included with the cash discount.  ATM's are plentiful in downtown St Pete.  We will tap the beers at 5 PM each day with all of them on tap on Friday.  There will be some shirts coming in at some point during the week, photos of those when they come in, they will be $20 as usual.  Lots of as usual with this, except for the beers themselves.   There will not be any surprises this week but we can't make an promises about the following week.  

Final note, the city changed the parking meters on our block so they don't expire at 6 PM anymore, it is now 8 PM. Start time is still 9 as far as we know but just a heads up.

I've been on a dunkel kick lately. We have a great dunkelweizen brewed locally in town (Smithavens Brewing). Probably the best always available in the province

There's also a great dunkel lager (not a weizen like the one above) brewed about 45 minutes north of me (Old Flame "Brunette"). I'm just loving it lately but it has no distribution - have to get it at the brewery.

There is also a widely available dunkel in Ontario by maybe the best bigger craft brewery in Ontario - Side Launch. Their "Wheat" (Hefeweizen) is a consensus superstar but I think their "Dark" (dunkel lager) may be its equal.

Of course any dunkel/dunkelweizen discussion needs to mention Weihenstephaner Dunkel (a dunkel weisse), which is in the upper echelon of best beers in the world IMO. I haven't seen it bottled here in years but one local pub regularly has it on tap :thumbup: . Seems like Hofbrau and Erdinger dunkel's are more readily available in this next of the woods but they don't come close.

It may not be a sexy selection, but I'm downing some Genesee Cream Ales and loving it. It's like I've come full circle to the late 80s and the first beer my father ever handed me: a Cream Ale pounder.

Hailstorm Cirrus

#hazebro

And it's delicious. 

ETA: Saw they brewed up more Stratus. That stuff was awesome last time and they keep dialing in the style so really looking forward to it. 

I'm certainly no beer snob, more like an amateur, but I have discovered that wheat beers tend to be my favorite.  What are some good wheat beers to be on the lookout for?

Indianapolis.  I do have access to quite a few Midwest beers around here.  My go-to mass produced wheat beer is usually Goose Island 312.
OK. Fellow Indiana FBG here (NW). Look for 3 Floyds Gumballhead, Bell's Oberon, Revolution Sun Crusher, Half Acre Akari Shogun, and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. The classic wheat beers will be German -- but hefeweizens are very different from American wheat ales. Weihenstephaner, Ayinger,?Hacker-Pschorr, etc are all outstanding.

My last two Funky Buddha Pineapple Beach's. 

Does anyone on here do any beer trades, mainly shelf for shelf not looking at whales?  For example I can get New Glarus while I would love to get my hands on more Funky Buddhas or Terrapin.

OK. Fellow Indiana FBG here (NW). Look for 3 Floyds Gumballhead, Bell's Oberon, Revolution Sun Crusher. The classic wheat beers will be German -- but hefeweizens are very different from American wheat ales. Weihenstephaner, Ayinher, Hacker-Pschorr, etc are all outstanding.
Thanks for the recommendations!  I've had and enjoyed Bell's Oberon.  I guess I never realized it was a wheat beer.  Told you I was an amateur!

I've heard good things about Gumballhead, but have never had it.  I'm sure I can find it around me somewhere.

My last two Funky Buddha Pineapple Beach's. 

Does anyone on here do any beer trades, mainly shelf for shelf not looking at whales?  For example I can get New Glarus while I would love to get my hands on more Funky Buddhas or Terrapin.
The only trades I have ever made were with Ilov80s and Wingnut on this site. Sebowski also hooked me up with OG Alpine hops. That was a long time ago and haven't felt the need to really trade much due to the local amount of awesome on the shelf in and around Chicago. That said, I wouldn't mind trading again though. I just don't want to have to chase beers all over the city (and if I do, it's for me.) 

ETA: Beer Hates Astronauts should hit distribution this upcoming week. If it's as easy to get as Double Daisy and Galactic Double Daisy, I can get an extra 4 pack or two for somebody. 

The only trades I have ever made were with Ilov80s and Wingnut on this site. Sebowski also hooked me up with OG Alpine hops. That was a long time ago and haven't felt the need to really trade much due to the local amount of awesome on the shelf in and around Chicago. That said, I wouldn't mind trading again though. I just don't want to have to chase beers all over the city (and if I do, it's for me.) 
That's precisely why I stopped trading...theres enough great beer around that I don't feel the need to...for now...Im looking to buy a house next year so I'm on the shelf til then.

That's precisely why I stopped trading...theres enough great beer around that I don't feel the need to...for now...Im looking to buy a house next year so I'm on the shelf til then.
I still have that Zhukov, by the way. Took it to DLD and we never got to it. 

I also remember doing the Crank vs Zombie Dust side by side and that's odd since I barely remember what I did on Thursday. 

Wingnut said:
Well, Cycle is at it again...a new bottle release every day next Mon-Fri. All collab BA stouts. I wont be getting any of these, the prices are too high for me unless Im trading them, but Im out of the trading game for a while. Doug is making boatloads of cash next week. From their FB page:

Release Details:

The last beer is in the tank!  We are confident enough to move forward with releasing on Monday, 6/5 at 8AM.  The releases will be M-F, 8 AM each day, limits are TBD as usual.  
We are currently planning to close around 10 AM and reopen in the afternoon at our normal time, it is simply too hot to expect people to hang out all day but the bar staff can opt to stay open if there is demand.  Apologies to anybody looking for that lunch break bottle pick up.   We will post each day when we close (or if we opt not to) just as a reminder so you can check facebook for those times.  

The beers will be as follows:

Monday is ??, a collaborative Imperial Stout with Barrel Aged Coffee brewed with The Answer Brewpub.  This is our first barrel aged coffee bean, we aged Indonesian Sumatra coffee beans in an Angel's Envy barrel.  We will also be selling the coffee beans by the 1/2 lb.  $30/bottle

Tuesday is Friendly Heads Up, a collaborative Imperial Stout with Coconut and Cocoa Nibs brewed with Angry Chair Brewing.  $25/bottle

Wednesday is Bonded In Sin, a collaborative Imperial Stout aged in Double Chocolate Bourbon Barrels brewed with 18th Street Brewery  $25/bottle

Thursday is Home State, a collaborative Barleywine with honey brewed with Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.  Our first Barleywine!  $25/bottle

Friday is Big Adventure, a collaborative Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels and then moved from those barrels into cinnamon whiskey barrels with peppers, cocoa nibs and a little bit of vanilla.  We brewed this with Ryan from Casita Our first truly double barrel aged beer!  $30/bottle

As usual, cash only while there is a line, advertised prices are tax included with the cash discount.  ATM's are plentiful in downtown St Pete.  We will tap the beers at 5 PM each day with all of them on tap on Friday.  There will be some shirts coming in at some point during the week, photos of those when they come in, they will be $20 as usual.  Lots of as usual with this, except for the beers themselves.   There will not be any surprises this week but we can't make an promises about the following week.  

Final note, the city changed the parking meters on our block so they don't expire at 6 PM anymore, it is now 8 PM. Start time is still 9 as far as we know but just a heads up.
Was less than impressed with that place and those guys when we were there.

Wingnut said:
At Civil Society having a draft of Fresh and picking up a couple crowlers...man this place is blowing up, so many great beers.
:goodposting: Absolutely loved this place. Totally worth a 5 hour round trip drive IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread