What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Hailstorm / Open Bottle collab Boing! is damn good. NE style APA with Motueka, vanilla, lactose, and pineapple. Tropical, light, and totally crushable at 5%. Will buy again (if it lasts, which it won't) -- should have bought more than one sixer.

@ditka311 @Hawks64
Just got back from Noon Whistle's Summerfest. Squishy Gummy (simcoe, mosaic and citra) variants....pineapple...citrus (grapefruit and blood orange)...coconut vanilla. Damn was it awesome!!!

Up in the Wisconsin northwoods. So....nothing special. Going with a bunch of Surly and some Central Waters. Hoping to make a run to Central Waters the first day it rains. 

I recently found a beer that both my wife and I really like.  I found it in a Weis supermarket:

Neshaminy Creek Churchville Lager

It is a Vienna style lager.  I've found that a good Vienna style lager or a good Marzen lager are difficult to come by.  This one is excellent.  The brewery is in Croydon, PA which is in an area known as 'Northeast Philly'.  I might see if I can plan a trip there to check it out.
I know one of the brewers there. Good brewery.

I know its not beer but picked up a 6 of Zima today (back for a limited time) for a family gathering for old times sake.

It brought back fond memories of underage drinking for those of us in our early 40's, others didn't know what the hell it was,

Wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but haven't had it in about 25 years.

Was at Civil Society earlier for the last time in who knows how long...Subject 14 is ridiculous, as is fresh Fresh. Also had an Emerald showers and a Hoppy Blonde with Citra. Im gonna miss visiting this place couple times a month.

Now finishing up a MIA Mega Mix and am debating cracking a Treehouse Doppelganger or holding it for tomorrow. 

Civil Society Fresh and Subject 14...then mixed a Treehouse Doppel and Haze for a Hazelganger, and then MIA Mega Mix APA/IPA. It was a good night.

Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale

seriously.   I love this stuff. I am at the Hilton LAX and I'm on my 4th 20 ounce 'er.  

This stuff is excelllent. Some shady dude from NJ bought my last round.  

Eta. I might have should have posted this in the drunk thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebowski is almost certainly the better hook-up option.

I'm afraid of I've been a disastrous failure in this regard. Hard enough to get some for myself these days. I do have a sixtel of our gold medal winning pilsner landing tomorrow though. 

I'll try to find you a trading partner, ditka.

Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale

seriously.   I love this stuff. I am at the Hilton LAX and I'm on my 4th 20 ounce 'er.  

This stuff is excelllent. Some shady dude from NJ bought my last round.  

Eta. I might have should have posted this in the drunk thread
San Diego's first craft brewery. Now we have 140....

### ####, this 2017 KBS is so good
Glad to see that someone else feels that winter is not the only time to drink the dark beer.

Impossible to find KBS on the shelf around here but I've been able to find it on tap at two different establishments.

Last time out I ordered one and the young bartender poured me a full 16oz ... and while entering the sale into the register realized it was supposed to only be a 10oz. "oh well" he says.

There was no need for a second one as that large pour did the job. (the only problem having to leave the house for it ... my car isn't going to drive itself home).

Glad to see that someone else feels that winter is not the only time to drink the dark beer.

Impossible to find KBS on the shelf around here but I've been able to find it on tap at two different establishments.

Last time out I ordered one and the young bartender poured me a full 16oz ... and while entering the sale into the register realized it was supposed to only be a 10oz. "oh well" he says.

There was no need for a second one as that large pour did the job. (the only problem having to leave the house for it ... my car isn't going to drive itself home).
yeah, i was able to get a hold on about 5 bombers.  I've still seen some on the shelf here.

High Branch Unstable IPA - this is a brewery to keep an eye on.  They are in Concord, NC which is north of Charlotte and killing the IPA's.  This one was hazy, juicy and the kind you want to linger on  your tongue because it is so good.

Following up with the always solid but no longer spectacular Hop Drop and Roll. 

Batch Brewing - Second To Last Word - basically a beer version of the classic cocktail.   Delicious.   Gonna have to buy some green chartreuse to make the cocktail at home 

Stock at home was basically depleted.  Had barely any time today  it was at Whole Foods so just grabbed a six pack of ruination.

still so good.

My friend is headed to New Orleans and he's pretty big into beer. Any breweries or beer bars he should checkout?

Treehouse Alter Ego

Brew Hub Rome City IPA

7venth Sun Do You Even Sudachi Bro?...just wow. I think the only Florida Weiss I like better is J Wakefield DFPF

Had the pleasure to tour the Dogfish Head brewery in Delaware this past week - prettt cool tour as we literally walked on the working floor of the brewery, checked out the operation soup to nuts (well hops to bottles and packaging) ad had a nice flight of four 4oz samples of our choosing. 

Happens to be the brewer of fav beer (90 min), and that place has grown big time over the past decade.  No complaints from me on that though. 

Fifty Fifty 2014 Java Coffee Eclipse 

The aging on this is $. This is a ridiculously smooth beer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now on my 5th lunch of the day and also had a few others from Maine Beer Company (a couple of Other Ones and one other IPA that I forget the name) and each beer has been great. #### my hangover tomorrow but it had been a great 10 hours of drinking.
I was in Maine a couple weeks ago and the beers from Maine Beer Company we liked were King Titus and Mean Old Tom. The latter made me think of Coughlin . Go Jags! 

Getting up at the crack of dawn to join buddies for 3+ hour trip to Jupiter Fl for Civil Society and they have s collaboration with Heist tomorrow. 
I got a buddy grabbing me some...cant wait to try it.

Also, I tried the Ultra Mix last week...VERY dangerous indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread