What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Getting up at the crack of dawn to join buddies for 3+ hour trip to Jupiter Fl for Civil Society and they have s collaboration with Heist tomorrow. 
Civil Society gets a lot of love on this board but don't sleep on Heist.  They are making GREAT beer. 

Enjoy your day!!

Sun King GFJ and Bare Hands 574 DIPA. Smoking a couple of chuck roasts for shredded barbacoa tacos with red cabbage slaw and guac on spectacular fresh corn tortillas from a local Mexican mom & pop (made to order while I watched).

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber - Portland OR

Ninkasi Brewing Co. Helles Belles - Eugene OR

Flat Tail Kolsch - Corvallis OR a sophisticated slammer for the progressive redneck in us all

Full Sail Amber - Hood River OR

Deschutes Cask Conditioned Bachelor Bitter - Portland OR

I'm visiting Portland if you can't tell. 

Was it worth the drive?
We got there about 1015 and were like 8th in line. Next 30 minutes probably saw about 30 more people join the line.

I ended up with Juice, Fresh, the Cumulus Haze collab, and the King Gary growler.

I had some of the collab and King Gary in the tasting room.

The Cumulus Haze really tastes like grapefruit without the bitter finish. Reminiscent of Fresca actually. 

It was good to hang out with friends. Probably not worth the trip from a purely financial/time management. I was glad that I wasn't driving.

Next trip might be somewhere closer like Playalinda

We got there about 1015 and were like 8th in line. Next 30 minutes probably saw about 30 more people join the line.

I ended up with Juice, Fresh, the Cumulus Haze collab, and the King Gary growler.

I had some of the collab and King Gary in the tasting room.

The Cumulus Haze really tastes like grapefruit without the bitter finish. Reminiscent of Fresca actually. 

It was good to hang out with friends. Probably not worth the trip from a purely financial/time management. I was glad that I wasn't driving.

Next trip might be somewhere closer like Playalinda
As a counter argument, I'd drive 3 hours for Juice, Pulp and Fresh at least once a month. That's how good I think it is.

Stone Delicious IPA

Green Bench Sunshine City

Next: Civil Society/Slim Pickens Cider & Mead collab, Schmedium (Peach/guava IPA)

Really have been drinking a lot of Noon Whistle, different Gummy series and You my only Friend. Nothing exciting.
Finally got some canned Gummy. Can't say it's the best but it is pretty good. I'd buy it again. 

The one that surprised me the most lately was Hop Debacle from O'so. 

Finally got some canned Gummy. Can't say it's the best but it is pretty good. I'd buy it again. 

The one that surprised me the most lately was Hop Debacle from O'so. 
It's so close and I never have a problem getting anything I want so right now it's just to easy to pass up. More brewing opened up today in Villa Park. 17/4 pack. Little shocked by that tbh.

It's so close and I never have a problem getting anything I want so right now it's just to easy to pass up. More brewing opened up today in Villa Park. 17/4 pack. Little shocked by that tbh.
Yeah, I heard. It's incredible the prices that are being charged and ....accepted. I understand the DDH and haze bombs cost more but come on. 

Nope, like I said having a place so close that I enjoy kills the desire to run all over the place or wait in lines and all that.
Hard to argue that since I used to live so close to Hailstorm and used to frequent that place and their $10 growlers. However a Half Acre fest should be fun. I just keep drinking and enjoying almost everything they release and at usually a great price point. 

Hard to argue that since I used to live so close to Hailstorm and used to frequent that place and their $10 growlers. However a Half Acre fest should be fun. I just keep drinking and enjoying almost everything they release and at usually a great price point. 
Don't get me wrong I love HA, but it's a haul and we're so damn busy this summer I can't justify a day for it with everything else I have to do...plus Noon Whistle has become my Cheers, and that's a lot fun. Paul's making really good stuff, there is talk of expansion and starting a wild program. :excited:

$17. Not abnormal in the haze bomb market I guess but just venting a little. 
It's funny since both Sonny and Perry (owners of More brewing and local liquor store) complained a lot when 18th St started doing that high price per 6pk/4pk.

ETA who they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those 12 or 16 oz?

M-43 here is $12-15 for a 4x16. It's the best thing going. Boss Tweed went for $18 4x16 and it was well worth it IMO
16 not sure if M43 is a single or double or what boss tweed was. Anything about 16 for a 4pk is a bit steep IMO.

16 not sure if M43 is a single or double or what boss tweed was. Anything about 16 for a 4pk is a bit steep IMO.
M43 is a single, Boss Tweed is a double. I agree 16-18 is very steep, but I don't even care. I went awhile having to try and get a trade here and there to get a Treehouse or Trillium so it's nice that I can easily access beers at their level whenever I want. 

Trader Joe's Provindential, which is their Unibroue partnership. Pretty damn tasty.

ETA - big fan of Unibroue in general. *Love* their Blanche de Chambly.

Went to Garagiste Meadery today in Tampa...their stuff is on Schramms level. The Goober Vitis, a PB&J meade, is incredible. It beat out hundreds of beers at Huna Day in March to take home best beer award, and they also won for best brewery. I'm not sure how a mead wins best beer or meadery wins best brewery, but man this stuff is amazing.

Went to Garagiste Meadery today in Tampa...their stuff is on Schramms level. The Goober Vitis, a PB&J meade, is incredible. It beat out hundreds of beers at Huna Day in March to take home best beer award, and they also won for best brewery. I'm not sure how a mead wins best beer or meadery wins best brewery, but man this stuff is amazing.
I have heard good things. Mead is ridiculous market. I bought this Lord Jim bottle for $50 a year ago and I am selling it for $300 tomorrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread