What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

I'm watching what I eat closely for the next 3 months, and that includes no beer. But I slipped up last night. I'm in Grand Forks, ND on business and there was a spot right near my hotel that had rave reviews about not only their burgers, but their beers. So I had a burger and a few beers last night. I feel sleazy. Tonight I'm headed to a downtown sports bar to watch the NFL Draft and will stick to vodka. Beer settles right in my gut, dang empty calories/carbs.

Sorry, had to vent.

Enjoy your beers, internet friends!

Sad news in Tampa as 2 taprooms are shutting down.

Garagiste Meadery is closing up shop when their lease is up next year. They said 97% of their sales are from outside Tampa, amd there just isn't enough support here to stay open. They really make some great meads, I hate to see them go.

7venth Sun Tampa locations last day open is at the end of this month. Their Dunedin location isn't going anywhere. I really like the Tampa taproom, it's one of my favorites. I wonder if there's just too much competition compared to when they opened it 5 or 6 years ago.

Garagiste Meadery is closing up shop when their lease is up next year. They said 97% of their sales are from outside Tampa, amd there just isn't enough support here to stay open. They really make some great meads, I hate to see them go.

7venth Sun Tampa locations last day open is at the end of this month. Their Dunedin location isn't going anywhere. I really like the Tampa taproom, it's one of my favorites. I wonder if there's just too much competition compared to when they opened it 5 or 6 years ago.
Just saw the news about Garagiste this morning. I don’t go there as much as I used to, but it’ll be missed for sure. At least Three Hands and Pye Road are still around as is Cigar City Cider and Mead.

7venth Sun’s Tampa location closing is teh suxors. It’s one of my favorites too. The Dunedin location is meh at best. Bummer.

Bought a couple of six packs of Anchor Steam today. Heard there is still some hope a few locals will keep it alive. Unique beer that uses lager yeast but ferments at ale (warmer) temps. Always order it "when" it's on the mnenu.

I heard from an insider to the industry, essentially he'll believe it when it actually happens. Intimating that crying wolf has happened before, found that very interesting.

I heard from an insider to the industry, essentially he'll believe it when it actually happens. Intimating that crying wolf has happened before, found that very interesting.
What's this now?

What's this now?
Just what I heard :shrug:

What's this now?
What happened before?

What's this now?
What happened before?
It wasn't expounded on. Next time I see them, I'll ask.

I think I'm finally getting tired of hoppy beers. I've been drinking more pilsners lately and really liking them.

I think I'm gravitating more towards the lower ABV stuff because I like not being tanked and full after 4 or 5 beers. Founders All Day IPA has been a staple in my fridge for a couple of months now.

I think I'm finally getting tired of hoppy beers. I've been drinking more pilsners lately and really liking them.

I think I'm gravitating more towards the lower ABV stuff because I like not being tanked and full after 4 or 5 beers. Founders All Day IPA has been a staple in my fridge for a couple of months now.
I'm definitely drinking more lagers and pilsners these days, but there is no way I'll ever get tired a fresh, well-balanced, west coast IPA. Never.

I'm definitely drinking more lagers and pilsners these days, but there is no way I'll ever get tired a fresh, well-balanced, west coast IPA. Never.
West coast does them so well, I’ll never give them up either.

Anyone tried the Goose Island Banana Foster Bourbon County Stout?

Deschutes Jubilee

Could never find this one. Did get a nice lineup though.

• Bell’s Christmas Ale
  • Einstock Doppelbock
  • New Belgium Holiday Ale
  • Wild Leap All the Holiday Things
  • Fat Orange Cat Santa Claws
  • Evil Twin Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room
  • Ayinger Celebrator
  • St. Bernadus Christmas Ale
  • Delirium Noël
  • Wild Leap Lone Buffalo BBA - not a Christmas beer per se but it will be the best of the bunch.

I havent been in here for a while. With a 1 week river cruise and another 7 days in Europe. I had 23 different beers plus another handful of different beers in Morocco.
I attended our year end hockey party on friday and tried some new beers
Samuel Smith : Organic Chocolate Stout 3.75/5
Parkside Brewery: Dawn Pilsner 3.25
Moody Ales & Co : Black and Gold Imperial Stout 3.75
Czechvar Lager : 4.25
Urpiner Exclusive 16 : 3.25
Parrallel 49 : The touques of hazzzrd 4.25
Driftwood Brewery; Abyssus Kriek 4

Friday was Goose Island bourbon county stout release day. I got 6 bottles
I got 4 Brand; 5 Biscotti; 5 Sir Issac; 5 Coffee; 2 Reserve; 2 Old Fizt.

having the biscotti now. You can really smell and taste the anise. As an Italian, I love it.

I was able to score several of each this year: 2023 Brand, Bananas Foster, Backyard, Angel's Envy, and Eagle Rare. I have tried all but the Angel's Envy so far.

The bananas foster is fantastic. I love cinnamon in stout, so this works for me. It definitely gets better as it warms up. So let it sit.

As good as bananas is though, the Eagle Rare crushes is. One of the top Reserves I have had.

This year's regular brand is really solid. I get some licorice notes. Definitely worth getting.

Backyard was kind of meh to me. Though it also improved as it warmed up too. You certainly get the berries, but they aren't overpowering. Just not my favorite -- especially after sipping the others.

Bananas was too sweet (and I don't mind sweet stouts) and backyard tasted like whatever trash they could dig up out in a field. Hard no on that one. Esp at $27/bottle for those 2.

Users who are viewing this thread