What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

I found a local brewery that is my personal favorite and haven't been trying many new beers since finding them.  They are called Hemauer.  The owner / brewer is originally from Wisconsin.  If anyone happens to be in Central PA I would definitely recommend checking them out.

Hemauer Brewing Co.

The main reason I really like them is that they have a really good Lager, Helles Lager, and a really good Plisner, Jimpy.  Been looking for a craft brewer that makes good lagers and these are excellent.  Having said that, I also really like their Hazy IPA, Lucky Lobster and their Pivot Parts series which is a single hop IPA where he rotates the hop variety.  My favorite of that series has Vic Secret.  They always have excellent seasoals.
I will tell you what is a really good Pilsner that I am having for the first time: tired hands austere Modular 11

single hop Pacific jade Pilsner 

On the Georgia angle, I wanted to hate it because of the stupid name but I very much like Hopsecutioner from Terrapin. 

On the Georgia angle, I wanted to hate it because of the stupid name but I very much like Hopsecutioner from Terrapin. 
Yeah, it’s generic but it’s statewide so understandable.

Terrapin, Sweetwater, Creature Comforts and Jekyll Island are probably my 4 favorites in Georgia.  My local brewery is pretty good too - Reformation which several FBGs have gotten beer and swag from in the T-shirt exchange thread.  I may have sent you some.

Nice. Will check into that.

I picked up a couple of the bourbon barrel bottle releases from Aslin last month. First time that I’ve bought some of those from them — really good.
Free shipping from Tired Hands through Sunday.

Get free shipping on orders over $75 from now until Sunday, May 22 at 11:59pm. Use promo code MEMORIALDUD2022 to Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, DC, New Hampshire & Vermont addresses.

Anything particularly good from Aslin right now?  Will be driving through the area on Saturday and may stop there.

Free shipping from Tired Hands through Sunday.

Anything particularly good from Aslin right now?  Will be driving through the area on Saturday and may stop there.
They released some Master of Karate cans earlier this week. Looks like Bringing Extra Sexy Back is available (not as good as MoK or Double Orange Starfish, but solid).

A couple of bottle releases lately, but none of the good bourbon barrel stouts that I love (although a Baltic porter aged in bourbon). I picked up a bottle of barleywine aged in cognac bottles a week or two ago from there, but haven’t had it yet (barleywine probably not for everyone though). 

They may drop something between now and the weekend. 

I will tell you what is a really good Pilsner that I am having for the first time: tired hands austere Modular 11

single hop Pacific jade Pilsner 
Thanks... I'll have to keep an eye out for that.  I am in PA so I would think I could find some Tired Hands locally.  Very cool.

Heading to San Diego for a conference this week… hotel looks like Marina district, not far from Gaslamp Quarter. Not going to have a car, so just looking for stuff in walking distance. If I get some time, what breweries should I check out, even if just to snag some cans to put in my luggage to bring back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back with the parental units in MA, and Pops went for a mixed case from the best darn brewery I'm aware of. 

Treehouse Jjjjuiceeee Machine, and the Greenest Green

Heading to San Diego for a conference this week… hotel looks like Marina district, not far from Gaslamp Quarter. Not going to have a car, so just looking for stuff in walking distance. If I get some time, what breweries should I check out, even if just to snag some cans to put in my luggage to bring back?
Too bad Sebowski isn't still online here. He was a brewer/owner in San Diego if I remember correctly. I remember he invited me down to drink, but I was already going dry by then and it was a nascent sobriety, so I had to politely decline. I think it was when the Caps won the title. I can't remember for the life of me the bar he was owned/worked at, though. 

So I'm really no help to you. But have a good time in San Diego! 

Too bad Sebowski isn't still online here. He was a brewer/owner in San Diego if I remember correctly. I remember he invited me down to drink, but I was already going dry by then and it was a nascent sobriety, so I had to politely decline. I think it was when the Caps won the title. I can't remember for the life of me the bar he was owned/worked at, though. 

So I'm really no help to you. But have a good time in San Diego! 
Forgot you were in the San Diego area.

Sebowski served me at Ocelot one time when he happened to be in VA instead of SD for a weekend, but I did not realize until the fact -- I figured I'd get a strange look if I asked if they know Sebowski from the Footballguys message board, but apparently should have asked. 

Conference agenda ended up pretty full and without much time for breweries (just got back from it late last night). My company reserved out a couple of blocks in Gaslamp for a block party one night, which was pretty cool, but local beer was mostly just Stone and Sculpin, which I like, but pretty available on the east coast. An excuse to go back for a more laid back time.  Did at least do a tour on the USS Midway for something a bit touristy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out in Albuquerque visiting wife’s family this week. Lots of good stuff out here.

Currently sipping on a La Cumbre Elevated IPA. Had a few others of theirs out here (liked the Malpais Stout and Project Dank IPA).

Did a flight at Marble Brewery the other day, which was pretty good too. 

I'm going to a hotel bar that has had Newcastle on tap in the past. Haven't been here since COVID. Haven't had a Newcastle in moons. Crossing my fingers. Such a great beer.

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin
what exactly does voodoo ranger mean, because i grabbed a voodoo ranger juice force ipa yesterday and i think i also had a different ipa called voodoo ranger and now you're talking about atomic pumpkin and breaking my brain.

:inhale:
Voodoo Ranger is an IPA series by New Belgium brewing. It also includes the seasonal Atomic Pumpkin for some reason.

Old Nation Low Orbit- they spent a lot of time trying to make a session NE IPA. This is not nearly as good as their usual NE IPAs but that is a high bar. This is a 4.5 that still has the haze and mouthfeel of a 7.0 hazy. Most breweries wish they could make an IPA this good, for Old Nation it's just another winner. If they can mass produce this as successfully as they have M-43, I think this could be a big seller.

Old Nation Low Orbit- they spent a lot of time trying to make a session NE IPA. This is not nearly as good as their usual NE IPAs but that is a high bar. This is a 4.5 that still has the haze and mouthfeel of a 7.0 hazy. Most breweries wish they could make an IPA this good, for Old Nation it's just another winner. If they can mass produce this as successfully as they have M-43, I think this could be a big seller.
We have it on tap, slow seller because people want the M-43.

Founders Vanilla Bean Porter here.

We have it on tap, slow seller because people want the M-43.

Founders Vanilla Bean Porter here.

Yeah, people know and trust the M-43. I do like the lower ABV, especially if I am tailgating, drinking at the beach or watching football all day.

Users who are viewing this thread