What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Layin' off the brews in an attempt to drop a few pounds (weighed in at 233 this morning after hovering at 245 last year, and peaking out at 2-fiddy at Xmas).Just laying off till I get under 230. Hopefully just a couple of more weeks.In the meantime, a glass of red is a beautiful thing.Went with a nice chianti tonight (no, no fava beans . . .)

Chimay Blue
Dude, we need to hang out. I have a 5 year old bottle ready for opening. The Blue is supposed to age very well.Arrogant ******* is awesome....

:iamahophead:
Sounds good to me. I used to live in Luray, VA (it was beautiful up there), but am much further southwest now. :shrug:

I've had four buds and three jack Ds so far - and I just got invited to a late night pool party with a friend who has a case of (not kidding) PBR!!!This *COULD BE* the all-american night extraordinaire. If I am posting here in an hour, he never showed up.

I bought 3 new porters tonight because after trying some porter beers, i've decided they are my favorite:tonight i purchased:Anchor PorterSierra Nevada porterRogue Mocha Porterthe Anchor was the best, the rogue was a very simple flavor, not as complex as the anchor.however, none of them IMHO were as good as my local brew's porterBoulevard Bully! PorterI'm also a big fan of Goose Island's Nut Brown Aleand Sam Adams Black Lager is outstanding

I bought 3 new porters tonight because after trying some porter beers, i've decided they are my favorite:

tonight i purchased:

Anchor Porter

Sierra Nevada porter

Rogue Mocha Porter

the Anchor was the best, the rogue was a very simple flavor, not as complex as the anchor.

however, none of them IMHO were as good as my local brew's porter

Boulevard Bully! Porter

I'm also a big fan of Goose Island's Nut Brown Ale

and Sam Adams Black Lager is outstanding
I forget the name of the Brewery, but when I was up in Oregon (near the Mountains, not shore) for a spring break back in college, we got a keg of some local microbrew Porter. Was 3 days (only like 8 of us, 5 of whom were chicks) of mass drinkingness. Tasty, too.

This

Perfect after a long day. :thumbup:
How's the He'brew? I thought it was a gimmick beer so I haven't tried it. I still have a few Storm Kings in the fridge, and I am currently drinking an Old School Barleywine form Dogfish Head. Not my favorite barleywine, but interesting none the less.

This

Perfect after a long day. :thumbup:
How's the He'brew? I thought it was a gimmick beer so I haven't tried it. I still have a few Storm Kings in the fridge, and I am currently drinking an Old School Barleywine form Dogfish Head. Not my favorite barleywine, but interesting none the less.
I liked it. They bill it as 9 hops, 9 malts and 9% ABV. So yeah, gimmicky but really good. I didn't really notice hops or the alcohol. Nice malty brown ale. I could easily drink another (if I had it), but I have to get up at 4:30. So I'm off to bed with my SA Black Label. :banned: :D

Started at lunch, had two Winter Warmers at the brewpub next door to where I work. Went very well with the soup (cream of everything in the damned kitchen) that was the special of the day. Came home. Ate dinner.

Went shopping. Stopped by the brewpub in the mall for a dry-hopped Goose's Golden on cask (beautifully hoppy) and a Pumpkin Ale (decent version).

Now? Pulled a Tuckerman's Pale Ale out of the beer fridge. Not bad, not awe-inspiring in bottle. Probably better on cask.

Debating whether to crank up the octane or just wait for tomorrow to roll around.

Users who are viewing this thread