What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (8 Viewers)

$16-18? Damn. They had Sculpin incorrectly priced for awhile around here at $11 for a 6-pack. It jumped to $14 recently.
I picked up a sixer of Busch tallboys this weekend for $3.99 :thumbup:
Ever hear the phrase "you get what you pay for"?
I copped as good a buzz as I'd get from a $100.00 bottle of scotch.
Hows a fat guy who drinks all the time get buzzed off a sixer of Busch tallboys?

$16-18? Damn. They had Sculpin incorrectly priced for awhile around here at $11 for a 6-pack. It jumped to $14 recently.
Hows a fat guy who drinks all the time get buzzed off a sixer of Busch tallboys?
I don't know. How do you do it?

Liver's shot.

mr. furley said:
Black Husky Howler Pale Ale :thumbup:
Furley, have you had Sproose Joose from Black Husky? I have been wanting to take a trip to Three Cellars in Milwaukee for a few bottles, not sure if it is worth it though.
no.. thought about grabbing it but passed. Downer Ave. had it as of last weekend.
I wouldn't make a special trip for Sproose Joose, but if you're going to do it I'd go to Discount Liquor on Oklahoma. Best prices and best selection in town. I boought some SJ in Pembine at the Food Depot a few weeks ago and it cost a buck more than at Discount in MKE.

what's there to do in Pembine? looking for a local vacation before the weather turns this fall.
I was just passing through on the way to the UP. The brewery was closed so he told me to stop in Pembine to buy his stuff. I thought it was strange that his 22s are a buck more per bottle up there than they are in Milwaukee.

Tickets to the 2013 Great American Beer Festival in Denver go on sale at 12:00 ET today for American Homebrewers Association members (less than 30 minutes from now). GABF tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 12:00 ET.

If you interested in going, you have to act fast because GABF tickets sold out in minutes last year.

I'm pumped to get my tickets today.

Tickets to the 2013 Great American Beer Festival in Denver go on sale at 12:00 ET today for American Homebrewers Association members (less than 30 minutes from now). GABF tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 12:00 ET.

If you interested in going, you have to act fast because GABF tickets sold out in minutes last year.

I'm in Philadelphia and a friend of mine wants me to go. Is it worth flying out for?

Also, is it easy to re-sell tickets if necessary? My major hesitation is that I have some scheduling concerns during October that are still up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:

See you there. I'll be at all four sessions.

It's a rough life being a Captain at GABF. :banned:

I'm in Philadelphia and a friend of mine wants me to go. Is it worth flying out for?

Also, is it easy to re-sell tickets if necessary? My major hesitation is that I have some scheduling concerns during October that are still up in the air.
Yeah, I think it is a great event. It is the biggest beer festival in the world with tons of great breweries from all over the country. I had a great time there last year. GABF is also held the same week as Craft Beer Week in Denver, so there are all kinds of events going on at local breweries and beer pubs.

It would be extremely easy to resell the tickets. There is a much bigger demand than supply for GABF tickets. I could easily find someone to buy the tickets off you last minute in Denver if you ended up not being able to make it.

See you there. I'll be at all four sessions.

It's a rough life being a Captain at GABF. :banned:
Cheers! :banned:

Everything for the classes I am teaching is done, everything for my grad classes is done and my wife is out on business all day. Cracked open my 3rd Dales Oskar IPA. Good day.

Last year, tickets to the Great American Beer Festival sold out in about 50 minutes (I don't recall if it was 47 or 57 minutes).

This year, tickets sold out in 20 minutes flat.

Looking forward to this year's festival! Hope to see some of you there.

A new BevMo opened across the street last week. There's another BevMo four blocks down, but hey convenience is convenience. Made a trip tonight and came away pretty happy. Actually the first time I've seen Victory at Sea bottled, which got me excited.

Co-worker just got back from Vermont - and became my all-time favorite co-worker by fulfilling my pleas to bring back a couple of Heady Topper 4-packs.

Am actually leaving work in 15 minutes, because I can't wait any longer to put a couple in the fridge and start quaffing.

Stone 2013 Collaboration with Fark and Wil Wheaton.

Pretty heavy, more chocolatey than usual, but lacks the hoppyness and kick of a normal Stone. Meh.

Stone 2013 Collaboration with Fark and Wil Wheaton.

Pretty heavy, more chocolatey than usual, but lacks the hoppyness and kick of a normal Stone. Meh.
I had Stone's R&R Coconut IPA collaboration last night. I really enjoyed it. It had big, juicy tropical hops, but I wish the coconut flavor came through a little more than it did. It seems like breweries sometimes have trouble getting the coconut flavor to come through as prominently as people expect when the beers are labeled as "coconut porters" or "coconut IPAs."

Users who are viewing this thread