What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (4 Viewers)

Once again.. I still feel it will be hard for a guy that size to hurt me (short of punching me in the nuts).

And once again.. I have not even come close to claiming I have their skills.

I'm here and interested in what people have to say... but now it seems to be the same few posters repeating themselves. :mellow:
Did you watch the Pacquiao video hitting the heavy bag?? Seriously??Maybe it's just because I've been hit so hard that I've tasted smoke from my fillings, but I'm telling you that guy kills anybody without boxing skills. Not kills as in beats up really bad, but literally "kills".

I've seen a fight live where a guy died. His brain swelled up that night and they pulled the plug a couple of days later. The guy he fought was "maybe" 5' 9" 160lbs and didn't have anything even close to the skill that Pacquiao has.
/rinse/repeat

5'9" 160lbs does not resemble 5'6" 125lbs. Almost a 40 lb difference again.

And while the video is cool... he is punching a 50-75lb bag that is right in front of him.
Which is only a ~25% difference in mass. How much more acceleration do you think highly skilled, trained fighters are going to generate compared to an untrained weekend warrior? I'm willing to bet it's a whole lot more than a 25% different.

You're only chance of winning this fight would be to curl up into a fetal position and hope he has a heart attack while pummeling you.
:lmao: Anyone who has been around boxing would nod in agreement.In addition to the punching power that matuski is underestimating, these guys are also trained to take punishment, and they have the stamina to outlast you if you can actually fight them to a stalemate.

Once again.. I still feel it will be hard for a guy that size to hurt me (short of punching me in the nuts).

And once again.. I have not even come close to claiming I have their skills.

I'm here and interested in what people have to say... but now it seems to be the same few posters repeating themselves. :lmao:
Did you watch the Pacquiao video hitting the heavy bag?? Seriously??Maybe it's just because I've been hit so hard that I've tasted smoke from my fillings, but I'm telling you that guy kills anybody without boxing skills. Not kills as in beats up really bad, but literally "kills".

I've seen a fight live where a guy died. His brain swelled up that night and they pulled the plug a couple of days later. The guy he fought was "maybe" 5' 9" 160lbs and didn't have anything even close to the skill that Pacquiao has.
/rinse/repeat

5'9" 160lbs does not resemble 5'6" 125lbs. Almost a 40 lb difference again.

And while the video is cool... he is punching a 50-75lb bag that is right in front of him.
Which is only a ~25% difference in mass. How much more acceleration do you think highly skilled, trained fighters are going to generate compared to an untrained weekend warrior? I'm willing to bet it's a whole lot more than a 25% different.
While there is a strong corellation between the two.....Mass of a person <> Mass of a punch

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Britney Spears said:
Matuski,

I also live in Seattle, and own a nice new camcorder. I would really like to attend your bout.

I will gladly buy you a beer afterward. If bagger is your manager, and proninja is the promoter, we can all get together for beer.

Thanks man!
Hoegaarden?
He'll need all 32oz. And after this fight will be worthy of the DRINK OF GODS.

Last edited by a moderator:
proninja said:
I'm trying to put together the undercard for this fight, and I'm looking for something exciting.I was thinking Imp vs GM, but then they had to go and play nice. Then I was thinking BGP vs Reality would be cool, but we see that every day, so I don't think it'd be a big draw for my ad revenue.I was going to pit Herbert up against Early, flaghoople, Mrs. BSR, iamsmilin, e-mom, and Mrs. DaVinci, but we all know how that'd turn out.Early and woz was another thought, but it'd just end a minute in with woz begging her to hit him and apologizing for deserving to get hit. Pathetic doesn't draw ratings.Next, I was thinking we could do kate vs her iLovers, but it's going to be hard enough to get a boxing gym for this, I can't front the cash to rent out Key Arena. Plus, it'd just make Pickles cry, then he'd get more bitter than he already is, and I'd hate to do that to good ol' Shoeless Joe.Help me here FFA, I'm in need. TIA.
Shick! vs. Tanner :(

I'll try to say something new. :lmao:Let's go back to high school physics. Force = mass times acceleration. Many people are focusing on the mass part of the equation, but for fighting purposes, the acceleration is where the difference is going to be astounding. The mass difference between a 125 pound fighter and a 250 pound fighter is apparent - it's 2 fold. Similarly skilled fighters are going to generate similar acceleration, ergo professionals fight people according to weight classes. HOWEVER, a 200 lb. weekend warrior athlete with no formal training in hand to hand combat isn't going to generate nearly the acceleration of a professionally trained fighter. Not even close. So in this comparison, the critical factor shifts away from weight, and onto how much acceleration you can generate. Professionally trained fighters know how to coil and uncoil their bodies to generate maximum acceleration while maintaining proper balance. It's a lot like striking a golf ball in that you "load" and "unload", and just because someone is strong doesn't mean they understand how to properly transfer weight and use their whole musculoskeletal to generate acceleration. There are lots of bigger, stronger guys than Tiger Woods, but very few of them can generate his power and accuracy. Same thing with boxing - there are a lot of bigger guys than Pacquiao, but the vast majority of them cannot generate the power he can.
Thanks.I don't deny that a boxer is going to be able to hit hard. I don't deny it is possible a 125lb could hit harder than me. I don't deny he will be quicker than me. I don't deny he will be more skilled than me. Etc.None of these things mean I won't have a few advantages myself.

matuski, do you have any experience with boxing or mma training? if not, do you plan on doing any training before your bout?

Has no one ever watched Pros vs Joes? Joes get pretty much embarrassed in every event by washed up (retired) pros.

Pro athletes are on a completely different level than any guy who goes to the gym and thinks he is in good shape.

matuski, do you have any experience with boxing or mma training? if not, do you plan on doing any training before your bout?
minimal... and none in the last 15 years.dad boxed in college, taught us a few things over the years. a little aikido (mostly messing around though). and i can do some pretty wicked things if I get a hold of your wrist or finger!yea... so no.eta - i'd say i would do training but with a new baby and this potential move i won't have time for anything more than my usual bball and weights. if that.

The level of ignorance portrayed in this thread is mindnumbing. Granted its only by a very small minority but it actually hurts to read.

In a ring:

Featherweight = Ray Mancini

matuski = Doo Koo Kim

In a street fight:

Featherweight simply has to wait 2-3 minutes before you are out of breath and then systematically take you apart.

How people can not understand the conditioning aspect of this is beyond me. You will never be fast enough to catch the featherweight to actually do anything to him even if by some miracle you could.

And this issue of not being tall enough to hurt you..... Are you friggan kidding everyone? Do you have any idea how much a broken rib hurts? Oh and guess what, once you are doubled over trying to protect your mid section from gang rape, guess what height your head would be at????

This moronic talk reminds me of the idiots from the early UFC days as automatically assuming that the guy 100 pounds heavier would kill the little guy.

Nothing funnier than watching the big guy jump on top of the little guy assuming his size and weight are everything and then moments later the big guy is tapping out 3 seconds away from his shoulder being ripped out of its socket.

and i can do some pretty wicked things if I get a hold of your wrist or finger!
"No, not that wrist, my other wrist. No, not like that"I actually came across a rare training video of matuski. It's pretty hilarious, but has some NSFW language.

How people can not understand the conditioning aspect of this is beyond me.
Because most of these people have no experience in what they are chiming in on. If you've never been in the ring with someone waiting to rip your head off or choke you out you just wouldn't understand. It's easy to hypothesis what will/would happen. Reality though is entirely different and until you experience it for yourself you won't be able to change the minds of anyone, especially on an internet board.

Because most of these people have no experience in what they are chiming in on. If you've never been in the ring with someone waiting to rip your head off or choke you out you just wouldn't understand. It's easy to hypothesis what will/would happen. Reality though is entirely different and until you experience it for yourself you won't be able to change the minds of anyone, especially on an internet board.
to be fair though, its not most.I think that 95% of the people posting on the thread realize how foolish this whole conversation is.

The level of ignorance portrayed in this thread is mindnumbing. Granted its only by a very small minority but it actually hurts to read.In a ring: Featherweight = Ray Mancinimatuski = Doo Koo KimIn a street fight:Featherweight simply has to wait 2-3 minutes before you are out of breath and then systematically take you apart.How people can not understand the conditioning aspect of this is beyond me. You will never be fast enough to catch the featherweight to actually do anything to him even if by some miracle you could.And this issue of not being tall enough to hurt you..... Are you friggan kidding everyone? Do you have any idea how much a broken rib hurts? Oh and guess what, once you are doubled over trying to protect your mid section from gang rape, guess what height your head would be at????This moronic talk reminds me of the idiots from the early UFC days as automatically assuming that the guy 100 pounds heavier would kill the little guy. Nothing funnier than watching the big guy jump on top of the little guy assuming his size and weight are everything and then moments later the big guy is tapping out 3 seconds away from his shoulder being ripped out of its socket.
So does the featherweight now have submission skills? I may change my vote.

to be fair though, its not most.I think that 95% of the people posting on the thread realize how foolish this whole conversation is.
are you guys saying you've been beat up by someone who weighs 100lbs less and is 6 inches shorter than you?i'm asking since you both claim to have "experience" in what you are chiming in on...

are you guys saying you've been beat up by someone who weighs 100lbs less and is 6 inches shorter than you?
no, we are saying you are an idiot for not understanding the difference between an average Joe like yourself and a professional boxer.

Sorry i meant 95% of the other side.

haha welcome mr. blonde and andy b!

i don't think either of you are understanding the spirit of this thread.

hint - noone here is trying to be macho, so attempts at acting macho or trying to insult me along these lines is a little.... pointless?

haha welcome mr. blonde and andy b!

i don't think either of you are understanding the spirit of this thread.

hint - noone here except Ned is trying to be macho, so attempts at acting macho or trying to insult me along these lines is a little.... pointless?
Fixed

are you guys saying you've been beat up by someone who weighs 100lbs less and is 6 inches shorter than you?i'm asking since you both claim to have "experience" in what you are chiming in on...
No, i am not saying i have experience in being beaten up by someone who 's 100lb's lighter and 6 inches shorter. LOL. If someone who was 5'2" 35 pounds kicked my ###. Well lol... that would be impressive.You've read my previous posts Matuski. I've trained for the past few years and have personally destroyed a few of my friends who are much taller and heavier(one was 100 pounds heavier than me and 5 inches taller) than i who have had NO training. I have done a ton of sparring, have been in multiple Brazilian Jui-Juitsu Tourneys and have had non-official boxing and kick-boxing(muay thai) matches. That's pretty much the extent of my experience and granted it's not a whole lot but enough to know what the reality of fighting is.

I'm not stating you don't though Matuski. Who knows you might be the exception. You might have alot more training than you're putting on and are just pulling our chains. I'm just saying that 100 pounds + 6' inches over someone doesn't make you unhurtable and un-KOable.

haha welcome mr. blonde and andy b!i don't think either of you are understanding the spirit of this thread. hint - noone here is trying to be macho, so attempts at acting macho or trying to insult me along these lines is a little.... pointless?
Oh, i hope i haven't been insulting (i try to steer from that) and i've been reading this thread since it's inception and have posted a few times already in it. Like people have mentioned already you seem pretty good-natured. If i have seemed insulting... my bad, i apologize.

No, i am not saying i have experience in being beaten up by someone who 's 100lb's lighter and 6 inches shorter. LOL. If someone who was 5'2" 35 pounds kicked my ###. Well lol... that would be impressive.You've read my previous posts Matuski. I've trained for the past few years and have personally destroyed a few of my friends who are much taller and heavier(one was 100 pounds heavier than me and 5 inches taller) than i who have had NO training. I have done a ton of sparring, have been in multiple Brazilian Jui-Juitsu Tourneys and have had non-official boxing and kick-boxing(muay thai) matches. That's pretty much the extent of my experience and granted it's not a whole lot but enough to know what the reality of fighting is.

I'm not stating you don't though Matuski. Who knows you might be the exception. You might have alot more training than you're putting on and are just pulling our chains. I'm just saying that 100 pounds + 6' inches over someone doesn't make you unhurtable and un-KOable.
:lmao: no i don't think i am invincible... but i do feel like i need to see it to believe it, and so we are working on that.

The Bad CEO said:
Ned said:
i havent read the whole thing but im 5'8 267 (maurice jones build) and theres no way one of those little guys are gonna be able to take 1 of my punches. add in my reach and it shouldn't be a contest.
So you're almost 100lbs over-height and you take out a professional fighter?
what means this?

:lmao: no i don't think i am invincible... but i do feel like i need to see it to believe it, and so we are working on that.
Agreed. And pretty much what i stated before in my original post up above. Hey i wish the best of luck to ya. I will say though that 95% of the people who are in the range you are talking about probably couldn't hurt you.

The Bad CEO said:
Ned said:
i havent read the whole thing but im 5'8 267 (maurice jones build) and theres no way one of those little guys are gonna be able to take 1 of my punches. add in my reach and it shouldn't be a contest.
what means this?
He means you have more of a Kirby Puckett build than a Maurice Jones Drew build

' date='May 8 2007, 02:30 PM' post='6727327']I've got $100 that says Matsuki never has the balls to even set foot in the ring
I would set foot in a ring even knowing I would get my ### kicked but it would have to be for alot more money than $100

Wait a minute, is Matsuki actually trying to arrange this?
i've got my people getting with people to arrange this.i already have a promoter, a manager, and a cut man...
Dibs on spit bucket
what i don't have is an opponent or a date where we can do this.i think both of those aspects are going to be difficult to arrange. a date for the personal realities and priorities listed above, and then getting a featherweight who wants to fight/spar a guy like me (for whatever reason).

The Bad CEO said:
Ned said:
what means this?
Maurice Jones build? You're roughly 50 lb's heavier than him. Anyhow you weigh just about twice as much as me and we're the same height, geez. Reachwise i doubt you could have a much longer reach. My wingspan is 73" which is pretty long for our height. I did hear you mention 35 or 36 but i'm not sure how that compares.

i've got my people getting with people to arrange this.i already have a promoter, a manager, and a cut man...
As I suspected.This turned into the ol' fishing-backtrack ploy I see...
If it is, don't blame him that dozens of you got hooked.Personally I hope he does, and I hope he stands there and takes his midget beating as long as he has to. He can't win but just staying on his feet will be enough to silence most people here.

If it is, don't blame him that dozens of you got hooked.Personally I hope he does, and I hope he stands there and takes his midget beating as long as he has to. He can't win but just staying on his feet will be enough to silence most people here.
so if i run around the ring screaming like a little girl that will be good right?

so if i run around the ring screaming like a little girl that will be good right?
According to most here, he'll still reach out and floor you with his magic pastrami arm.

proninja said:
I'm trying to put together the undercard for this fight, and I'm looking for something exciting.I was thinking Imp vs GM, but then they had to go and play nice. Then I was thinking BGP vs Reality would be cool, but we see that every day, so I don't think it'd be a big draw for my ad revenue.I was going to pit Herbert up against Early, flaghoople, Mrs. BSR, iamsmilin, e-mom, and Mrs. DaVinci, but we all know how that'd turn out.Early and woz was another thought, but it'd just end a minute in with woz begging her to hit him and apologizing for deserving to get hit. Pathetic doesn't draw ratings.Next, I was thinking we could do kate vs her iLovers, but it's going to be hard enough to get a boxing gym for this, I can't front the cash to rent out Key Arena. Plus, it'd just make Pickles cry, then he'd get more bitter than he already is, and I'd hate to do that to good ol' Shoeless Joe.Help me here FFA, I'm in need. TIA.
I'll take on Cory the Bowling Alley Bartender :shrug: :lmao: :lmao:

I'll try to say something new. :lmao:Let's go back to high school physics. Force = mass times acceleration. Many people are focusing on the mass part of the equation, but for fighting purposes, the acceleration is where the difference is going to be astounding. The mass difference between a 125 pound fighter and a 250 pound fighter is apparent - it's 2 fold. Similarly skilled fighters are going to generate similar acceleration, ergo professionals fight people according to weight classes. HOWEVER, a 200 lb. weekend warrior athlete with no formal training in hand to hand combat isn't going to generate nearly the acceleration of a professionally trained fighter. Not even close. So in this comparison, the critical factor shifts away from weight, and onto how much acceleration you can generate. Professionally trained fighters know how to coil and uncoil their bodies to generate maximum acceleration while maintaining proper balance. It's a lot like striking a golf ball in that you "load" and "unload", and just because someone is strong doesn't mean they understand how to properly transfer weight and use their whole musculoskeletal to generate acceleration. There are lots of bigger, stronger guys than Tiger Woods, but very few of them can generate his power and accuracy. Same thing with boxing - there are a lot of bigger guys than Pacquiao, but the vast majority of them cannot generate the power he can.
Thanks.I don't deny that a boxer is going to be able to hit hard. I don't deny it is possible a 125lb could hit harder than me. I don't deny he will be quicker than me. I don't deny he will be more skilled than me. Etc.None of these things mean I won't have a few advantages myself.
:shrug: So you admit that he is faster, harder hitting, more skilled and you don't think he will win because of your advantages? What are you going to show him how fast you can get out of Chinese handcuffs and he is supposed to walk away sacred?

Ridiculous thread.

Boxing style match? It'd be over in about 1 minute

Anything goes street fight? I think this might be even worse. No way you'd catch the guy and when you get winded, a punch to the kidneys should do it.

Now, if the average joe had some kind of training, I'd give him a punchers chance because of sheer size. Outside of that, this would be like lambs to the slaughter.

he would tear you up dude, if you are boxing or fighting. your best bet would be to let him land a punch and then try to get a hold of him and wrestle him. that would be the only way you could win. while a freshman wrestling in high school, i wrestled at 126. i remember wrestling the varsity (senior) 105 pounder. he whooped my aaassss, though i was much bigger. different scenario of course but i think i'm painting a picture here you can understand. now, if you have expertise with pressure points and are allowed to do anything, that would enhance your chances. if you had to box this guy, you'd be toast. if you were to only wrestle, i would think you would have a good chance.

:shrug: So you admit that he is faster, harder hitting, more skilled and you don't think he will win because of your advantages? What are you going to show him how fast you can get out of Chinese handcuffs and he is supposed to walk away sacred?
you guys crack me up. :wall:

I can't believe the same 8+ pages of "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" are still going strong. Mad props to matuski for riding this out. Tentatively agreeing to a match was sheer brilliance.

I can't believe the same 8+ pages of "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" are still going strong. Mad props to matuski for riding this out. Tentatively agreeing to a match was sheer brilliance.
can't wait to see the videomight want to hold your opinions till then

' date='May 8 2007, 02:30 PM' post='6727327']I've got $100 that says Matsuki never has the balls to even set foot in the ring
I would set foot in a ring even knowing I would get my ### kicked but it would have to be for alot more money than $100
Well this is a bonus since he seems to think he can win this fight... so not only does he get to prove he's right, but he gets $100 too :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread