What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (3 Viewers)

I can't believe the same 8+ pages of "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" "Yuh-huh" "Nuh-uh" are still going strong. Mad props to matuski for riding this out. Tentatively agreeing to a match was sheer brilliance.
can't wait to see the videomight want to hold your opinions till then
:goodposting: Like it's actually going to happen. This whole thread is based on conjecture, and while the late arrivals keep pouring in with their 2 cents, nobody has said anything that wasn't already said on page 3.And let's say it does happen. 6'2" matuski ends up in the ring with some scrawny 120 lb Seattle gym rat. You guys really think he's going to get leveled? I said it on page 1... loss by unanimous decision and 2 weeks of body pain.

And let's say it does happen. 6'2" matuski ends up in the ring with some scrawny 120 lb Seattle gym rat. You guys really think he's going to get leveled?
why do you keep asking the same question over and over again? Are you simply ignoring the 40+ posters who have all answered this for you the exact same way?

' date='May 8 2007, 03:06 PM' post='6727540']Well this is a bonus since he seems to think he can win this fight... so not only does he get to prove he's right, but he gets $100 too :goodposting:
I'm wondering where he said he'd win in a ring. If he did, then glll to him. I'll still hold the bucket.

I've consulted with Britney, and the undercard will be Ned vs. Tonya Harding. We can pretty much lock this in if Ned agrees.

' date='May 8 2007, 02:06 PM' post='6727540']

' date='May 8 2007, 02:30 PM' post='6727327']I've got $100 that says Matsuki never has the balls to even set foot in the ring
I would set foot in a ring even knowing I would get my ### kicked but it would have to be for alot more money than $100
Well this is a bonus since he seems to think he can win this fight... so not only does he get to prove he's right, but he gets $100 too :mellow:
didn't say i would win. i think i would win a straight up fight in the street. but there is no way that would or could ever be tested.what i am claiming is that i won't be dead after a short time frame (i believe from various posters i am supposed to be dead in 3 seconds-30 seconds). i also claim that these guys are human, and that despite the superhuman qualities 125lb men are given on this board - if i hit them they will feel it.so i will get into the ring and box with a featherweight. i don't and haven't implied that i felt i was a better boxer.i also acknowledge the possibility that i am wrong... and thus am willing to get in a ring with a featherweight to find out.and to repeat for the last time... you would understand this had you read the thread.I will try to make this my last post until i figure out how to make this happen. :angry:

proninja said:
I'm trying to put together the undercard for this fight, and I'm looking for something exciting.I was thinking Imp vs GM, but then they had to go and play nice. Then I was thinking BGP vs Reality would be cool, but we see that every day, so I don't think it'd be a big draw for my ad revenue.I was going to pit Herbert up against Early, flaghoople, Mrs. BSR, iamsmilin, e-mom, and Mrs. DaVinci, but we all know how that'd turn out.Early and woz was another thought, but it'd just end a minute in with woz begging her to hit him and apologizing for deserving to get hit. Pathetic doesn't draw ratings.Next, I was thinking we could do kate vs her iLovers, but it's going to be hard enough to get a boxing gym for this, I can't front the cash to rent out Key Arena. Plus, it'd just make Pickles cry, then he'd get more bitter than he already is, and I'd hate to do that to good ol' Shoeless Joe.Help me here FFA, I'm in need. TIA.
This post is not getting enuff love.

This thread is very funny. The post from Capn Crunch several pages ago had me doubled over laughing so hard I woke up my family last night.

Everything has been said before, but a couple of things stand out:

1. The 2 or 3 poor souls clinging to the losing side of the argument have really been good sports. They aren't trying to be "macho" (except the 300 lb knuckle dragger who ate Maurice Jones-Drew), I really believe they honestly think they could not be hurt by a small man they have 100 lbs and 8-10 inches on, or at least they would like to find out. I also think that the 95% of people laughing in their faces and mocking them to the tune of "you'd be dead in a couple of minutes" are not being tough or macho on them, they're just trying to bring them down from their puffy cloud back into reality.

2. Like many before have said, the fact that a 5' nothing man can't reach your face to land a decent punch has NOTHING to do with his ability to hurt you. I think this is the main thing causing you all this trouble. Yes, he's not going to reach up and knock you out with an uppercut to the chin from his magical elfish straw arms. But let me paint a picture of the pain he can bring.

Matsui and to a lesser extent the original poster seem pretty genuine in that they don't dream of boxing the professional featherweight in a straight up ring fight, or even trying in vain to land a straight punch. They seem to share this vague strategy of lunging at or bull rushing the "midget" in an attempt to grab him, slam him to the floor and then going to town on him. Since they know their face is safe from any weakling punches this 4th grader could produce, they would withstand the initial flurry of punches, not because of their boxing or fighting abilities but due to their sheer size and weight advantage. As many, many posters have pointed out, the boxer would have zero trouble side-stepping you and landing a very powerful counter-hook to your midsection. Unless you have ever been hit, anywhere in your body, by a professional boxer, there is no way you can begin to understand the pain this would mean for you. Like most posters have tried to explain, this first punch to your ribcage would probably crack a bone but would definitely double you over immediately, and the "street fight" would be over. From that point only his imagination would limit the amount of damage he would inflict. Most of us have never been punched like that, most are not speaking from experience, but you must accept it as a fact, heck some people are quoting studies and pulling Newtons on you.

Please don't think that I or anyone before me are trying to belittle your studly 6'+ 220lb+ frame, if you're in shape and like you said have even "messed around" with some combat training or your dad taught you some boxing, you would be a guy I would never dream of fighting and you could kick most of the posters here's behinds, certainly mine. But that's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about a professional boxer. If you are strong, in shape and know how to throw a decent punch you would absolutely knock a 5'-something man out with one punch to the face. The only way you land said punch with any sort of power, though, is if said midget is tied to a post. The quickness and reflexes of any pro boxer would never allow you to touch him much less grab him and toss him to the ground. One of you said that it's so easy to go in and hug the boxers as you see it all the time during the fights. From there he would have no recourse left. I honestly don't see any way you could ever get close enough to him to hug him, but like many others I would love to see you try. Just please don't think of him as a 14 year old cheerleader when you're in front of him. The most hilarious fact is that you guys keep repeating "as long as he don't punch me in the jewels".

Thanks to all for two nights of laughter.

Why are you guys even bothering with this.....little people can't beat up big people, period.

if you don't believe me, ask Jeeves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I boxed a bit when I was younger. How do you think I got this name, anyway? I was feeling pretty good about myself until I sparred with a quick-as-lightning lightweight and he rapid fired about 20 punches to my head in what felt like 7 seconds. After that fight I put on a blue uniform, plopped my ### on a boat, started making cereal and looking for Crunchberries. You tell me that isn't brain damage.The same people who think they'd have a chance at whipping a professional boxer are the same people who think they could strike out Barry Bonds. You'll have a 1:1000 chance of succeeding, but my doubloons are on the trained athlete every time.
:kicksrock:man i missed that one the first time around

I've boxed, kick-boxed (muay thai) and have done Brazilian Jujitsu for the last 4 years. I'm 5'8" 135 so i'm pretty comparable weightwise to these "little girl jockies". I by no means am a great fighter but i have plenty of experience and i will state that size+weight does matter. It matters WHEN the other person has had training. Without any training i just see a serious whooping issued by the professional. I've destroyed a couple of my friends in the ring who have been much larger (5'10 185, 6'0 205, 6'2 235) who have had NO training. Admittedly the only one who was in decent shape was the 185 pound guy (personal trainer) but they all still believed size is the end all be all of fighting. If you've never been in a fight, never been hit, never been trained. Well... do it. You'll be quite surprised. Like the quote goes "everyone has a plan until they get hit". You really have to get used to getting hit and being in these situations. It's amazing how quickly you get gassed. Adrenaline dumps are NOT a myth. Skill is a great equalizer in fighting. Now to the people saying that the featherweight 125 lbers couldn't hurt them with their little girly slaps... Well i would be willing to bet that they could. I weigh 135 and i CAN knock out a 235 pound guy. Am i saying i can knock out Matsuki or any 225 pounder? No. I'm saying that a 135 pound guy can knock out a 235 pound can who has no training. So i'm assuming a 125 lb pro can knock out someone who's 225. Honestly i buckled the knees of the guy who was 205 with a good stiff jab. People who have no idea how to fight are really quite pathetic the first time. It's really about speed and short, tight punches. Learning to tuck your chin and keeping your hands up which you won't are also critical. Anyhow, in a boxing match i say it's a virtual lock for the featherweight (but in boxing there always is the punchers chance). In a street fight with limited room well that's different. If the pro hasn't had any take-down or ground work experience (most won't) and the amateur is pretty athletic and strong i might go with the amateur depending on the guy(any wrestling or football experience, etc).And by the way... Punching isn't about how much muscle you have. It's about torque and core.
:kicksrock:missed this one too. this thread really didn't need to continue after this one ... at least until matuski sends us his vid.

proninja said:
I'm trying to put together the undercard for this fight, and I'm looking for something exciting.I was thinking Imp vs GM, but then they had to go and play nice. Then I was thinking BGP vs Reality would be cool, but we see that every day, so I don't think it'd be a big draw for my ad revenue.I was going to pit Herbert up against Early, flaghoople, Mrs. BSR, iamsmilin, e-mom, and Mrs. DaVinci, but we all know how that'd turn out.Early and woz was another thought, but it'd just end a minute in with woz begging her to hit him and apologizing for deserving to get hit. Pathetic doesn't draw ratings.Next, I was thinking we could do kate vs her iLovers, but it's going to be hard enough to get a boxing gym for this, I can't front the cash to rent out Key Arena. Plus, it'd just make Pickles cry, then he'd get more bitter than he already is, and I'd hate to do that to good ol' Shoeless Joe.Help me here FFA, I'm in need. TIA.
This post is not getting enuff love.
:bag: :)

What are you talking about? I haven't even posted in this thread since Sunday, it's been all :rolleyes: for me.
you have posted 14 times today alone in this threadhttp://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...sult_type=posts
Try again, Count Chocula
Careful there. Watch out for that Chocula character. You think Frankenberry had those bolts holding his head on from birth? :hot: He's a wiry son of a biscuit but he packs a whallop along with those mini-marshmallows.

I've boxed, kick-boxed (muay thai) and have done Brazilian Jujitsu for the last 4 years. I'm 5'8" 135 so i'm pretty comparable weightwise to these "little girl jockies". I by no means am a great fighter but i have plenty of experience and i will state that size+weight does matter. It matters WHEN the other person has had training. Without any training i just see a serious whooping issued by the professional.

I've destroyed a couple of my friends in the ring who have been much larger (5'10 185, 6'0 205, 6'2 235) who have had NO training. Admittedly the only one who was in decent shape was the 185 pound guy (personal trainer) but they all still believed size is the end all be all of fighting. If you've never been in a fight, never been hit, never been trained. Well... do it. You'll be quite surprised. Like the quote goes "everyone has a plan until they get hit". You really have to get used to getting hit and being in these situations.

It's amazing how quickly you get gassed. Adrenaline dumps are NOT a myth. Skill is a great equalizer in fighting. Now to the people saying that the featherweight 125 lbers couldn't hurt them with their little girly slaps... Well i would be willing to bet that they could. I weigh 135 and i CAN knock out a 235 pound guy. Am i saying i can knock out Matsuki or any 225 pounder? No. I'm saying that a 135 pound guy can knock out a 235 pound can who has no training. So i'm assuming a 125 lb pro can knock out someone who's 225. Honestly i buckled the knees of the guy who was 205 with a good stiff jab. People who have no idea how to fight are really quite pathetic the first time. It's really about speed and short, tight punches. Learning to tuck your chin and keeping your hands up which you won't are also critical.

Anyhow, in a boxing match i say it's a virtual lock for the featherweight (but in boxing there always is the punchers chance).

In a street fight with limited room well that's different. If the pro hasn't had any take-down or ground work experience (most won't) and the amateur is pretty athletic and strong i might go with the amateur depending on the guy(any wrestling or football experience, etc).

And by the way... Punching isn't about how much muscle you have. It's about torque and core.
:D The guy that has no training will be gassed very quickly in a boxing match with an experienced fighter. In fact, he would probably be gassed after just punching at a heavy bag for a couple of minutes straight. Imagine your strained lungs gasping desperately for air while getting punched unmercifully in the face at the same time. That would be the likely outcome of this fight.

Experience, skill and endurance would trump any weight advantage in a pure boxing match or even in a no-holds-barred street fight.

gee, what a coincidence this was bumped.
do you have alerts emailed to your phone or something?
says the one with 16,996 posts.
that's way under.just wondering why anytime someone mentions "one-arm" or "kate" or "invisi" or alludes to iRelationships you turn up inside of 5 posts. :goodposting:
glad you're so concerned, but it's called anonymous mode. welcome to the ffa.

that's way under.just wondering why anytime someone mentions "one-arm" or "kate" or "invisi" or alludes to iRelationships you turn up inside of 5 posts. :goodposting:
anonymous mode sends you alerts everytime a reference is made to you?i really am new here.

anonymous mode sends you alerts everytime a reference is made to you?i really am new here.
no, I'm just sagacious like that.

Pacquiao beating the crap out of another 130 pounder for 12 rounds... he never goes down.

Seriously - Barrera was a punching bag the whole fight, still couldn't knock him out.

No way a featherweight hurts an athletic guy 9 inches, 90-100lbs bigger.

Getting settled in my new job, starting to think about pursuing this adventure again.
Don't do this. I cannot stress the degree to which you're underestimating these guy's ability to take a punch. And probably overestimating your own. You will get hurt. Just trust me, seriously. An elite featherweight would mop the ring with you. It is a blow to an ego maybe to admit that reality when you outweigh the guy by 95 pounds. But trust me.J

Pacquiao beating the crap out of another 130 pounder for 12 rounds... he never goes down.

Seriously - Barrera was a punching bag the whole fight, still couldn't knock him out.

Getting settled in my new job, starting to think about pursuing this adventure again.
Dude, you have to realize these guys get PUNCHED IN THE HEAD FOR A LIVING. You know you can strengthen your neck muscles with training(among other things) to be able to absorb punches better?What doesn't knock out a professional boxer will put you in the hospital.

P.S. I box at middleweight(160)

Don't do this. I cannot stress the degree to which you're underestimating these guy's ability to take a punch. And probably overestimating your own. You will get hurt. Just trust me, seriously. An elite featherweight would mop the ring with you. It is a blow to an ego maybe to admit that reality when you outweigh the guy by 95 pounds. But trust me.J
Why are people still talking like ego ever had anything to do with this? Never did, never will. Fortunate for me I guess that the things I do base my ego on (family, friends, career) provide plenty of ammo for my mancard.

Why are people still talking like ego ever had anything to do with this? Never did, never will. Fortunate for me I guess that the things I do base my ego on (family, friends, career) provide plenty of ammo for my mancard.
If the boxer wanted to, you would literally die in the ring. That is, if he doesn't get bored from bashing your face in for an hour.Good luck though. Make sure somebody records it and knows how to upload to youtube. :goodposting:

Funny, all the reasons you give him to not do it, are the reasons I say, DO IT!The fact that you weigh more has NO BEARING on the amount of shock your head is going to take when a good boxer starts walloping you.

Is that 90-100 pounds all padding in your skull?

If the boxer wanted to, you would literally die in the ring. That is, if he doesn't get bored from bashing your face in for an hour.Good luck though. Make sure somebody records it and knows how to upload to youtube. :(
Please re-read the thread. You are assuming a lot... for starters the idea that I would box a boxer.I would spar a midget boxer to find out what it is like, but if it were a fight - obviously not the plan.

You tell me then.What possible reason outside of ego would make you think you could do this?

J

If and when you do this, please post it on youtube.

Because when he breaks your floating ribs, ruptures your spleen, and destroys your liver, I want it recorded for posterity...

For the record, size don't mean ####.

If the boxer wanted to, you would literally die in the ring. That is, if he doesn't get bored from bashing your face in for an hour.Good luck though. Make sure somebody records it and knows how to upload to youtube. :thumbup:
Please re-read the thread. You are assuming a lot... for starters the idea that I would box a boxer.I would spar a midget boxer to find out what it is like, but if it were a fight - obviously not the plan.
Do you have any other sort of hand-to-hand training? BJJ, wrestling, Muay Thai, Western Kickboxing, etc?

If and when you do this, please post it on youtube.Because when he breaks your floating ribs, ruptures your spleen, and destroys your liver, I want it recorded for posterity...For the record, size don't mean ####.
Actually size means a hell of a lot, but ability and training can trump size. If size meant nothing there wouldn't be weight classes.

If the boxer wanted to, you would literally die in the ring. That is, if he doesn't get bored from bashing your face in for an hour.Good luck though. Make sure somebody records it and knows how to upload to youtube. :blackdot:
Do you have any other sort of hand-to-hand training? BJJ, wrestling, Muay Thai, Western Kickboxing, etc?
Read thread - very minimal but yes.

If the boxer wanted to, you would literally die in the ring. That is, if he doesn't get bored from bashing your face in for an hour.Good luck though. Make sure somebody records it and knows how to upload to youtube. :thumbup:
Read thread - very minimal but yes.
Save us the reading.What is your training?

What kind of shape are you in?

What sports and at what level have you participated in?

How old are you?

For the other guy:

What skill level?

What type of fight?

J

Users who are viewing this thread