What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Bar soap or body wash in the shower/bath? (2 Viewers)

Bar soap or liquid/body wash in the shower/bath?

• Bar Soap

Votes: 117 54.2%
  • Liquid Soap/Body Wash

Votes: 99 45.8%

• Total voters
Used to be soap, now liquid.

PSA, never by that cheap *** White Rain stuff from Big Lots or wherever it came from. That stuff is one one step above water when it comes to the ability to suds up.

Both. Bar soap for the pits, undercarriage, and feet, moisturizing body wash with a loofa for the rest. Separate shampoo and face wash, obviously.

Was Team Bar forever, but just recently moved over to liquid. Decided a year or so ago to try and do better than a bar of Dial and a bottle of cheap shampoo. Now I have the shampoo, conditioner, daily face wash, weekly face scrub, beard wash, beard conditioner and the body wash with loofa.

Tend to try out a new brand with every refill looking for that best overall clean experience.

I’ve used both recently, though I’m on a liquid soap run because the bar soap that I like, while it makes me smell amazing, dries out my skin terribly. I do use my own loofa, I’m not a caveman. My wife and I use the same liquid soap, it’s a neutral smell, though I don’t have any problem smelling like flowers anyway

For liquid users, do you have your own loofa or use your significant others?
I used to just "suds up" with my hands lol. Like I was lotioning my ### up like a chick in a moisturizer commercial. It was hot...ANYWAYS, I just switched to a loofa and man oh man, what a game changer.

Liquid, though it's really whatever my wife gets. And I don't mean that in a, I don't care way, just she stays on top of the house supplies and buys whatever she thinks she might like me to use.
Same here. I generally use whatever my wife buys me which is usually some normal men's liquid soap.

I'll also happily use bar soap if that's what's available but if used regularly it seems to dry out my skin more.

Bar in the shower... That's mine only. Dove. Everything else feels like it leaves a residue (other than simple glycerin soaps).

Liquid for washing hands.

Liquid body wash (with pouf) for sure. I forget what brand I've been getting but it's like $8 at Target and I like the way it smells. I do also keep some Old Spice body wash in the shower since it makes me smell good for those "special nights".

Haven't used bar soap (except for at hotels while traveling for work) in decades.

While I voted "Liquid" due to recent use, I don't have a strong preference. There's both bars and liquids that I like.

I've never used a loofah or poof in the shower, but I use a washcloth if I'm not in a hurry. Some parts of me are now prone to getting ashy since I've entered middle age, and a rough washcloth helps with that.

When I was a little kid taking baths, I used to like to use a typical rectangular 1970s kitchen sponge. Great for making extra suds. Might try a sponge out again one day.

Bar. Tried liquid for a while (and use liquid when traveling for convenience), but always go back to bar because it's more efficient for me.

Bar in one hand, folded up one of these in the other. Use all over and then put bar down, unfold and wash my whole back with that thing.

I still use bar (Irish Spring Icy Blast). I thought this question was one where I'd be in the minority, and while I am, this poll is much closer than I thought. I would have guessed 75% on team body wash.

Bar soap.

Speaking of, anyone use Tone bar soap? WTF happened to that?
It's still in production apparently but I can't find it anywhere. Used to pay like $5 for a pack of 6, now it costs like $40 for the same 6 on Amazon. We paid $25 one time but that was it. That stuff was great.

I do get the loofa concerns, here’s how I handle it:

1. Wash my face with my hands, not the loofa.
2. After I wash, I use more body wash to wash and rinse the loofa.
3. Replace the loofa pretty regularly- every 3 weeks maybe?

My own, sharing is gross. Even with your SO.
Really? The item is a soap a water vehicle how dirty do you think it is?

We don't share anymore more because we like different densities but when I was first trying it out we used the same one. It's probably the cleanest item in your bathroom

We don't share anymore more because we like different densities but when I was first trying it out we used the same one. It's probably the cleanest item in your bathroom
Warm and wet is a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria. Sure soap helps wash it away but it doesn’t necessarily kill it. I don’t share her toothbrush either. I mean I would if I had no other option but I wouldn’t plan it that way.

A few years ago I used a pool towel one of my nephews or nieces used and got some gross viral ringworm like thing. After that, I’m not playing around with sharing stuff like that. Not when it’s so easy and cheap to make sure I have my own towel, loofa, etc.

Warm and wet is a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria. Sure soap helps wash it away but it doesn’t necessarily kill it. I don’t share her toothbrush either. I mean I would if I had no other option but I wouldn’t plan it that way.
if one of you have fungus/bacteria on your loofa - its most likely already on the walls and floor ...........

I mean I understand using your own and everything but I'm not grossed out by it

What brand liquids are you guys using? I've tried most of the Nivea line, which are OK, now trying a oatmeal/shea butter one my wife got for me. It's pretty good, but I smell like a Hawaiian hooker when done.

I use both. A typical shower for me includes the use of 2 separate loofah‘s, liquid body wash (usually oil spice, tag, axe—but I also infuse it with a few drops of peppermint or tea tree oil), and I also usually have a bar of Defend soap.

What brand liquids are you guys using? I've tried most of the Nivea line, which are OK, now trying a oatmeal/shea butter one my wife got for me. It's pretty good, but I smell like a Hawaiian hooker when done.
Irish SPring - regular or deep action

This poll is way closer than I thought. FBG demographic in effect maybe. I can't believe the number from the bar soap side, shocked really

Rotate this a bit but lately been liking the "method" line that I get at Target

Old Spice Swagger has been a go to quite a bit as well

Users who are viewing this thread