What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Bar soap or body wash in the shower/bath? (1 Viewer)

Bar soap or liquid/body wash in the shower/bath?

• Bar Soap

Votes: 117 54.2%
  • Liquid Soap/Body Wash

Votes: 99 45.8%

• Total voters
This poll is way closer than I thought. FBG demographic in effect maybe. I can't believe the number from the bar soap side, shocked really

Bar soap is way more efficient and doesn't pollute the world with more plastic waste.
more efficient? a blop the size of a quarter lathers up your entire body........ Plastic is a good point

Yes, more efficient. Grab bar of soap, lather up in hands and go to work. Toss that bar into the pooper like a VHS tape and then eject and WA LA, done. Who has the time in their day to incorporate a loofa??? I need that lifestyle.

This poll is way closer than I thought. FBG demographic in effect maybe. I can't believe the number from the bar soap side, shocked really

Bar soap is way more efficient and doesn't pollute the world with more plastic waste.
more efficient? a blop the size of a quarter lathers up your entire body........ Plastic is a good point

IF .... you have a good one. That's why I asked about brands above. Some don't lather well at all.

Yes, more efficient. Grab bar of soap, lather up in hands and go to work. Toss that bar into the pooper like a VHS tape and then eject and WA LA, done. Who has the time in their day to incorporate a loofa??? I need that lifestyle.

You like scratching your nuts? I'm going to assume yes, because well, it's one of life's simple pleasures. Now, do that with an aggressive loofa and some shower gel. Scratch and clean at the same time. It's pretty great.

I just use the shampoo. Is "liquid" the correct answer?

Also, use my hands, no loofa or washcloth, but occasionally I employ the Japanese washcloth to bring the scrubbing power (it's basically a loofa before they assemble the loofa-ing).

Bar soap.

Liquid soap is annoying because half of it goes down the drain before it even makes contact with my body.

I’m not using a washcloth/loofa. Loofa feels gross and a washcloth is one more item I’d have to worry about/wash. Meh.

I’m with ChiefD on this, my hands are rough enough.

For liquid users, do you have your own loofa or use your significant others?
My own, sharing is gross. Even with your SO.
Really? The item is a soap a water vehicle how dirty do you think it is?

We don't share anymore more because we like different densities but when I was first trying it out we used the same one. It's probably the cleanest item in your bathroom
Warm and wet is a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria. Sure soap helps wash it away but it doesn’t necessarily kill it. I don’t share her toothbrush either. I mean I would if I had no other option but I wouldn’t plan it that way.
if one of you have fungus/bacteria on your loofa - its most likely already on the walls and floor ...........

I mean I understand using your own and everything but I'm not grossed out by it
Sure but the walls and floor get washed and rinsed every shower. The Loofa has so many crevices and folds. I get your point, it just doesn’t sit well with me.

Also, use my hands, no loofa or washcloth, but occasionally I employ the Japanese washcloth to bring the scrubbing power (it's basically a loofa before they assemble the loofa-ing).
you use shampoo OR body wash....... what are you some kind of monster?
I'm what society has made me.

I am not an animal, I am a human being!

I’ve used shampoo in a pinch when I’m out of soap but naw.
It can't be that abnormal. Lots of companies found a way to exploit it and market it as if there's a reason for these being different from just shampoo.

I just use shampoo though. I'm a Suave man. :shades:

What brand liquids are you guys using? I've tried most of the Nivea line, which are OK, now trying a oatmeal/shea butter one my wife got for me. It's pretty good, but I smell like a Hawaiian hooker when done.
I really like the Dove for dry skin one I started using recently.

Once you go liquid, you never go back. I can't even remember when I made the conversion but probably 20 years ago at this point.

Bar soap seems so outdated now
I went liquid and went back. Grew up with bar. Went to liquid somewhere around college and did that for about 20 years.

Went back to bar a few years ago. I find it more convenient, cheaper, less wasteful, and I don't have to fool with a stupid ploof or loofa or whatever cluttering up the shower (along with all the stupid plastic bottles).

And while I am a happy bar man, I do not fuse.

Going back about 15 years in the notebook, I believe it was @shuke that promoted fusing of bar soap, though I could definitely be wrong on that. I commend it, but do not have the patience for it.

Bar soap, old school Ivory Bar Soap.

Didn’t like the liquid when I tried it 20 plus years ago.

I use my drying off towel two consecutive showers but a new wash cloth every day. Wash the face first, rinse off and then work my way down and then end with the backside, hence why I use a fresh washcloth every day.

I do get the loofa concerns, here’s how I handle it:

1. Wash my face with my hands, not the loofa.
2. After I wash, I use more body wash to wash and rinse the loofa.
3. Replace the loofa pretty regularly- every 3 weeks maybe?
Yep.

Bar soap. As God intended.
And with a cotton washcloth as my grandma taught me when I was a kid. There is no better combo for cleaning everywhere, especially on the bottom, grabbing 2 ends of the washcloth, pulling to and fro, front and back. When you're finished, rinse the cloth a little, wring it, pat down your body as a predry so as to not get your drying towel too wet, wring it again, hang it up, and it should be dry before the next shower. A $2 washcloth can last a year.

Last edited:

I’ve used shampoo in a pinch when I’m out of soap but naw.
It can't be that abnormal. Lots of companies found a way to exploit it and market it as if there's a reason for these being different from just shampoo.

I just use shampoo though. I'm a Suave man. :shades:
What in the Slim Pickens is going on here!?

relevant discussion here https://v.redd.it/3md2w72u1gya1

Users who are viewing this thread