What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Bar soap or body wash in the shower/bath? (1 Viewer)

Bar soap or liquid/body wash in the shower/bath?

• Bar Soap

Votes: 117 54.2%
  • Liquid Soap/Body Wash

Votes: 99 45.8%

• Total voters
This poll is way closer than I thought. FBG demographic in effect maybe. I can't believe the number from the bar soap side, shocked really

Bar soap is way more efficient and doesn't pollute the world with more plastic waste.
more efficient? a blop the size of a quarter lathers up your entire body........ Plastic is a good point

Yes, more efficient. Grab bar of soap, lather up in hands and go to work. Toss that bar into the pooper like a VHS tape and then eject and WA LA, done. Who has the time in their day to incorporate a loofa??? I need that lifestyle.

relevant discussion here https://v.redd.it/3md2w72u1gya1
Also relevant "soap shaving" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdV25csytE

This poll is way closer than I thought. FBG demographic in effect maybe. I can't believe the number from the bar soap side, shocked really

Bar soap is way more efficient and doesn't pollute the world with more plastic waste.
more efficient? a blop the size of a quarter lathers up your entire body........ Plastic is a good point

Yes, more efficient. Grab bar of soap, lather up in hands and go to work. Toss that bar into the pooper like a VHS tape and then eject and WA LA, done. Who has the time in their day to incorporate a loofa??? I need that lifestyle.
Wait, what? :oldunsure:

Voted liquid but I’m currently using up old bar soap We’ve acquired through the years just to get rid of it.

Switched to body wash at the last house as the soap scum on the glass shower door was very annoying. Wife says body wash doesn't leave the soap scum. We moved last year and now there's no glass on the shower, but I've gotten used to the body wash and scrunchy thing. Dove for Men, for me.

Switched to body wash at the last house as the soap scum on the glass shower door was very annoying. Wife says body wash doesn't leave the soap scum. We moved last year and now there's no glass on the shower, but I've gotten used to the body wash and scrunchy thing. Dove for Men, for me.
I've taken a slight bit of crap from some friends who question my sexuality because I use a scrunchie. But there is no better way IMO. Liquid soap, scrunchie.......best method I have found to wash up man.

Soap on a rope?
Is this a thing still? I feel like it's referenced on tv shows or movies but I don't think I've ever actually seen it.

This is how I know Ilov80s was never at my house on Christmas Days in the 1980s :D

Soap-on-a-rope was a popular go-to gift to get for pre-teens boys that were too old for toys. If you didn't really know what the kid was into, it was easy to pop into the drugstore and pick up a soap-on-a-rope. Gift cards weren't around at the time ... so soap-on-a-rope FTW!

I think that same gift niche is filled today by Old Spice and Axe body wash sets and stuff like that.

EDIT: And yes, soap-on-a-rope is still a thing -- though it doesn't seem to be as popular a gift as it was 35-40 years ago.

In a vacuum, I prefer bar soap. However, I use liquid because the residue from the bar soap clogs the drain over time and I don't want to mess with that

Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap, bar of soap!
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap, bar of soap!
I'd slide down your heiney, make it clean and shiny!!
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap, bar of soap!!

Body Wash...unless my kids use it all and leave the empty bottle sitting there, then I use the bar - if there is one. Otherwise it's a whore's bath with a washcloth and hand soap on the sink counter. Man's gotta have options!

What brand liquids are you guys using? I've tried most of the Nivea line, which are OK, now trying a oatmeal/shea butter one my wife got for me. It's pretty good, but I smell like a Hawaiian hooker when done.
The Nivea rock salts one is pretty good. But, frankly, I just buy whatever is on super sale on Amazon. I have a few types now and they all work fine.

This board turned me on to this soap, which is all I use and it’s the best ever. I take it with me when I travel. I used to think I had dry skin, not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread