What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you lay out your clothes for the next day? (1 Viewer)

Do you lay out your clothes for the next day?

• Yes

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 150 86.2%
  • My mom does it for me

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
Yes, maybe? I don’t know?

For the 3 days per pay period I go in, I check to make sure I have something ironed. But it stays in the closet. So, kinda? WFH I’m in basketball shorts and maybe a t shirt

No. I walk my dog first thing in the morning in workout clothes. Depending on where I'm working that day, I will consider what to wear while walking the dog. (I also mentally think about many other things for the day, both work and personal.) If I'm WFH I will stay in the workout clothes as long as possible before putting on a decent shirt.

Running clothes, yes. That way if I get lazy and sleep in, those clothes will be sitting there in the bathroom waiting to mock me for being a wuss. I don't really need that extra motivation to drag myself out of bed necessarily, but it doesn't hurt.

Obviously I don't lay out my work clothes the day before because I'm not psychotic.

Nope. This one seems super abnormal.

Thinking back, the only kind of occurrence of something along these lines is, at a previous home where my clothing was kept in a closet/drawers in the bedroom, that I would set out my golf clothes in the bathroom the night before (so I could change in there after showering and not have to go rummaging around the bedroom in the dark) if I was getting up for a very early weekend tee time and was trying to be extra courteous to my wife and not risk waking her up because I'm getting ready to go golf.

Last edited:
I iron a shirt and put on the door handle to our walk-in closet. Also put my gym clothes in my gym bag and put that near the door to the garage. Voted no.

I pretty much wear the same thing Monday-Friday: khakis, company polo, Luka Jordans that match said polo, so the decision has been made, but they all stay in the closet.

Yes, but only because my shirts that I hang are in my kids bedroom and I get up and leave before they getup. Although even if I don't get it out the night before, I think about what I am going to wear the next day. On work from home days, I just grab a hoodie and head to the basement.

Voted no. Only do it when I’m going to have to wake up really early and will be pressed for time In the morning.

I just retired at the end of last month, but previously before going to work the next day, I would select my dress shirt, ties and suit combo, including socks and underwear. I would usually prepare my lunch, pack my work stuff and (as a type one diabetic) all my needles, glucose meter and insulin. I liked being prepared--maybe it is because I have had diabetes since I was seven, that I have always felt the need to be organized.

Not going to work has been a huge adjustment and for the first week or so, I still found myself going into the closet and thinking, "What am I going to wear?" Now the answer is hopefully never a pair of long pants ever. :lol:

I voted no, but I do this on nights before golf at a nice course. usually to not embarrass the member inviting me to their course since i'm a terrible golfer and at least gotta look the part. differentiating this from golf at a local municipal course, which doesn't deserve an outfit check.

I do this as my mornings tend to be far busier than my late evenings. I do a lot of things in the evening to save me the time from doing them in the mornings (I’ll prepare my lunches for the work week, I’ll make and freeze my protein shakes for breakfast…etc).

i dont lay out what i will wear the next day but i do lay out all of my clothing all over the floor of every room in my house its just my thang take that to the bank brohans

Running clothes, yes. That way if I get lazy and sleep in, those clothes will be sitting there in the bathroom waiting to mock me for being a wuss. I don't really need that extra motivation to drag myself out of bed necessarily, but it doesn't hurt.

Obviously I don't lay out my work clothes the day before because I'm not psychotic.

Along these lines, I have in years gone by packed my work clothes the night before to get up and head in to the gym. But that was like 15 years ago.

It might be more of a woman thing. My ex-wife does but it took her longer to get ready in the mornings.

I voted No, but I have a definite lack of style, plus I wear Khaki pants and a polo to work each day. Just alternate between light top/dark bottom and light bottom/dark top every day. And it takes me 20 mins to get ready.

Along these lines, I have in years gone by packed my work clothes the night before to get up and head in to the gym. But that was like 15 years ago.
Actually yes, I have done that too, many times. I guess in the back of my mind, that's more like "getting my gym bag together before I go to bed" as opposed to "laying out my clothes like I'm still in elementary school."

Nope, the closest I come is eyeballing what I'm going to wear to a funeral or a wedding a few days beforehand. Otherwise I pick out what I'm wearing as I'm getting dressed.

Do you regularly lay out the clothes your are going to wear the next day before going to bed?
:lmao:
Someone voted yes.
I’m a yes. My alarm goes off at 415 when I’m working. I don’t want to wake up my wife looking for clothes
I’m a yes too and my alarm is set for 425am on the days I work, and at 445am on days that I don’t. When your schedule puts you up at times when most are sleeping, it’s polite and courteous to do what you can to avoid fumbling around and making noise. Seems odd that this concept would seem laughable to some.

All clothes sans shirts which are hung are in a basket from the dryer. In the morning I put a pair of pants and a shirt in the dryer to get the wrinkles out. Drives my wife nuts, but that's what I do. :shrug:

I will when I travel for work with an early flight. I will pack the night before, at the last minute, and I will set out what I'm wearing to travel.

This might depend on the definition of "regularly". I will lay my clothes on days that I go into the office. Which I do on a "regular" and predictable schedule. I need to get up way too early and my brain is still sleeping. Plus I don't want to wake the wife. When I work from home, I won't bother. I'll figure it out in the morning and the wife is usually up by then too. I voted yes.

Sometimes, I hang it in office but that's because I need to get dressed before my wife has to get up not because I want to.

How is that possible? I dress by mood, so I have no idea what tomorrow's is going to be. Sure, a lot of the outfits look the same to the layman. But within that basic framework, there are a number of subtle variations, visible only to the trained observer, that reveal the many moods, the many shades, of Runkle.

How is that possible? I dress by mood, so I have no idea what tomorrow's is going to be. Sure, a lot of the outfits look the same to the layman. But within that basic framework, there are a number of subtle variations, visible only to the trained observer, that reveal the many moods, the many shades, of Runkle.
Look around
Leaves are brown
But there are many shades of Runkle.

Actually yes, I have done that too, many times. I guess in the back of my mind, that's more like "getting my gym bag together before I go to bed" as opposed to "laying out my clothes like I'm still in elementary school."
Po-taht-oh

Do you regularly lay out the clothes your are going to wear the next day before going to bed?
Someone voted yes.
I’m a yes. My alarm goes off at 415 when I’m working. I don’t want to wake up my wife looking for clothes
I’m a yes too and my alarm is set for 425am on the days I work, and at 445am on days that I don’t. When your schedule puts you up at times when most are sleeping, it’s polite and courteous to do what you can to avoid fumbling around and making noise. Seems odd that this concept would seem laughable to some.
wow... i would hate getting up that early. bed time is what... 9?

Someone voted yes.
wow... i would hate getting up that early. bed time is what... 9?
Usually. Ive been hitting my 40 sometime Thursday morning and don’t have to go back till Monday morning

Users who are viewing this thread