What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you regularly drink coffee? (1 Viewer)

Do you regularly drink coffee?

• Yes

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 55 32.0%

• Total voters
Coffee every day, black

Costco columbian is my go to bean.

Recently Bought some Folgers dark roast for a campout, no expectations and thought it was surprisingly good. So I’ll switch to it to shake things up.

Wife’s family is Vietnamese and they have me hooked on cafe phe sua. Dark coffee with sweet condensed milk.

I’ll drink cafe du monde black.

One cup (~10oz) a day black. As I've gotten older, I've realized I can't have more than one cup per day. Will hit the decaf sometimes after that first cup, especially in the colder months.

I never had a cup of coffee in my life. I sipped it when I was young once and hated the flavor and never tried again.
That was me until I got diagnosed with gout. I had foot pain off and on for years before figuring out the cause.

At least a quart a day - I've normally finished a pot by noon. It helps with fasting.
My gout acts up when I lose weight, coffee helps keep the gout and hunger away.

I'm on my second 30oz cup of the day. I have been working myself up and drink coffee 5 to 6 days a week now.

3 creams, 1 sugar and a bit of ice to 30oz.
Just drink lots of water to keep your kidneys clearer and take NSAIDs to cope with the inflammatory response from uric acid crystals dissolving into your bloodstream.

As a non-coffee drinker someone educate me - what is the point of decaf? I always assumed the point of coffee in the morning is for the caffeine. So is decaf just a placebo drink? Coffee to me tastes terrible so if you're going to force it down the hatch and get no energy boost out of it, I can think of 739 better liquids to drink than decaf coffee

As a non-coffee drinker someone educate me - what is the point of decaf? I always assumed the point of coffee in the morning is for the caffeine. So is decaf just a placebo drink? Coffee to me tastes terrible so if you're going to force it down the hatch and get no energy boost out of it, I can think of 739 better liquids to drink than decaf coffee
I always assumed decaf was for the real coffee lovers. They really love the taste so much they don’t need or want the medicinal benefit of caffeine.

For me, I would prefer more normal coffee, but just can't handle it. So, I drink decaf for the warm drink that tastes like coffee. I also like the taste of coffee and drink it black and tend to only drink water, black coffee, or alcohol. Basically, I rarely drink anything with calories in it, other than beer, wine, and booze. So, I drink decaf sometimes for the taste, the habit, and to join others on a 'coffee run' without the side effects for me of more caffeine.

artificial sweeteners may be worse.
I will look for previous FFA threads on this topic -- or else start a new one. I hear/read this from time to time, but have never seen the slam-dunk, everyone-agrees non-controversial science behind it. Don't want to derail Keerock's thread, though.

It does explain why some people kind of act like artificial sweeteners don't exist -- some conceive of "sweet stuff" as "sugar/HFCS or nothing".

EDIT: An old "What's Normal" (Diet or Regular Soda?) from June actually has some good discussion on the topic.

Last edited:
The caffeine is fine but imo coffee is possibly the best tasting drink in the world so even if I had to totally go cold turkey in caffeine, I would still be drinking decaf at the same rate.

I actually don’t even get much effect from the caffeine element. I mix my own half-caf blend at home just for general health reasons to keep my caffeine intake lower.

Last edited:
I always assumed decaf was for the real coffee lovers. They really love the taste so much they don’t need or want the medicinal benefit of caffeine.
How much caffeine is in decaf coffee? Decaffeination removes about 97% or more of the caffeine in coffee beans. A typical cup of decaf coffee has about 2 mg of caffeine, compared to a typical cup of regular coffee, which has about 95 mg of caffeine.

20 to 24 oz black every single day. Probably been doing that for 30 years now.

Pretty particular about my roasts and beans. I don’t think I’m hung up on the caffeine, but it’s a habit now that I need to start my day. Will switch to cold brew during the summer months.

Yes, but on these boards I'm a knuckle dragging ape since I don't use a $15,000 coffee maker, I don't know the pH level of my water, I don't own a cupping spoon nor do I roast my single origin, sustainably sourced, organic, shade-grown, pesticide free, Kosher, rare, large Pacamara beans nor grind those delicate masterpieces in a custom made, hand coffee bean grinder. :) I googled all of that so half of that may be non-sense.

I drink two cups of regular coffee w/cream and two cups of decaf coffee w/cream. . . on occasion, I open the coffee snob thread and I raise a single pinky in solidarity with my fellow coffee snob drinkers. . . I drink premium roast McCafe.

Last edited:
I drink about 5-10 cups a day. Black from a keurig. Depends on if I’m working or not.

Every once in a while, drop in at Starbucks and get a soy latté- not because of trying to be healthy, I just like the taste of their soy milk. So, it’s probably loaded with sugar. But $6.50 for a cup of coffee just feels stupid to me.

I never liked coffee until about 5 years ago, when I tried some of my wife’s cafe con leche at a Cancun breakfast. Became hooked and have had almost every day since. I do need creamer though, I use French vanilla Coffeemate at home. Ironically, I used to drink 2-3 diet cokes a day and that immediately stopped once I started on coffee. I never liked red wine until around that same time; funny how your tastes change……

Yes, but on these boards I'm a knuckle dragging ape since I don't use a $15,000 coffee maker
I have a Mr. coffee two pot unit that cost me $25. The funny part is my wife (I was ordering the coffee pot from Amazon because I was moving out after we split up) yelled at me for spending too much on that and a rug I bought. Hmmmmm…

I have a mediocre espresso maker - wish I had a better one. But that is my go to coffee maker. Couple shots over ice with some oat milk is my typical morning routine.

Never did until I started working way more hours in my late 20s. I now have one cup in the morning and two 1/2 cups throughout the day for two cups each day total.

I do drink it black.

Yes, but on these boards I'm a knuckle dragging ape since I don't use a $15,000 coffee maker, I don't know the pH level of my water, I don't own a cupping spoon nor do I roast my single origin, sustainably sourced, organic, shade-grown, pesticide free, Kosher, rare, large Pacamara beans nor grind those delicate masterpieces in a custom made, hand coffee bean grinder. :) I googled all of that so half of that may be non-sense.

No no, that was a spot on google job. I thought you got all that from me in the recent thread here. Made me laugh and half-described me. I don't own or care about an expensive machine. I don't care about using a scale, thermometer or any other fancy devices beyond a couple $40 things (an aeropress and a cone for pour overs). I do grind freshly roasted whole beans and I only buy from those specialty coffee roasters that support the small farmers doing things sustainably and blablabla. What can I say? I really really enjoy it.

Limiting it to 16 oz a day since early Spring, and nothing after 10am. I brew it strong and drink it black. Many of you using sweeteners would be surprised how naturally sweet my recently finished bag of pacamara was. :coffeecup::shades::geek:

2 large cups starting at 6am with tiny splash of half-half. Never drink coffee after that.

I drink two cups of regular coffee w/cream and two cups of decaf coffee w/cream. . . on occasion, I open the coffee snob thread and I raise a single pinky in solidarity with my fellow coffee snob drinkers. . . I drink premium roast McCafe.

Look at me! I drink premium coffee.

;)

A 16 oz glass bottle of iced coffee every day, morning or afternoon. Nothing fancy. A lot of sugar and some half and half.

Yes....love my morning cup of coffee.

I will drink coffee with a slice of cheesecake or key lime when we dine out at a nice steakhouse type place as well.

I don’t drink coffee like crazy throughout the day. Just my morning cup and we are good to go.

We make our coffee at home. I refuse to pay $3-5 a pop for a cup of morning coffee. It’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
2 cups a day, in the morning. If I miss it, I don't get a headache; in fact, it used to be only on weekdays but nowadays I generally drink it every morning, even weekend mornings.

I started drinking coffee around 6-7. I was always the first one up and made a pot starting in 5th or 6th grade.

Everyday I nurse a venti iced latte from 8 a.m. until noon. I don't have any more until I get home but usually drink a couple large glasses of water with lunch and during the afternoon.

When I get hime I alternate glasses of iced coffee and water. Typically I have 6-8 mason jars of coffee in the fridge. We also have a mini-firdge in the bedroom and there's always 3-4 mason jars in there.

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread