What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you take a daily multi-vitamin or suppliments? (1 Viewer)

Do you take a daily multi-vitamin and/or any supplements not prescribed by a physician?

• Yes

Votes: 75 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 45 37.5%

• Total voters
I'm a big yes... although I'm open to being talked out of many of these.

Multi
CoQ-10
Omega 3
Glucosamine/Chondroitin (I'm pretty confident these help with my chronic knee pain)
L-Citrulline

Krill Oil. D3

C and B-complex. Calm magnesium and zinc at night before bed.

Cycle creatine 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off.

Multivitamin
Probiotic
B complex - eat vegetarian most of the time so I take this for B12
Glucosamine - often struggle with knee pain from running, started this recently and so far so good

I've also been trying the Huberman-recommended "sleep stack" of magnesium, apigenin, and L-theanine before bed. On the fence about these, as I've only noticed a very small improvement in sleep quality & quantity since taking them.

Mulit-vitamin. Used to take fish oil regularly but stopped for some reason.

Oh, I take a zinc/magnesium/calcium supplement a few times a week, especially if my legs are overly tired from all the walking/jogging I've been doing.

Last edited:
I do but I’m lazy and forget to refill my pill organizer so I’ll sometimes go weeks without

Not sure how much it really helps but I guess it can’t hurt other than my wallet

Fish oil
CoQ10
Zinc
C
D
B3 and B12 I think
Probably another one I’m missing

Probiatics (after a bout with diverticulitis)
Vitamin D
Multi Vitamin

*sometimes I forget and don't take them. but should be doing daily.

Not a pill but my wife bought some super greens to mix in with a smoothie which I’ve been using with protein powder, peanut butter powder, Greek yogurt, bananas and almond milk.

The only pills I take are an prescribed allergy med and Benadryl at night.

So I guess that’s a yes?

Was in a real physical and mental rut for most of the year, so for the last month I have been taking Athletic Greens every morning, and have started retaking Alpha Brain for memory and focus. And it might be the placebo effect, but I have felt a TON better on days I take them both, then days that I skip.

Reading a lot of reviews on alternatives that are better and cheaper, so might be making a switch, but for now, doing my best Joe Rogan/Andrew Huberman/your favorite podcaster morning routine.

I always thought most multi-vitamins were found to be pretty useless?

They are. Same with almost every supplement. Vitamin D may be an exception, especially if you don't get much sun exposure.

Just eat a balanced diet.

ETA Oh yeah, forgot about folate in young women.

They are. Same with almost every supplement. Vitamin D may be an exception, especially if you don't get much sun exposure.

I had a distant uncle that went to prison for that sort of behavior.

Do you feel the same way for things like omega 3s and coq10?

Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk, so I don’t object to them. But they’re not tough to get through one’s diet; all you need is like 8 oz of fatty fish (1-2 servings) per week. And there’s an argument that reducing omega-6 fatty acids (from animal products and some vegetable oils) will have a similar effect.

CoQ might be beneficial for heart failure, blood pressure and blood glucose control, but the data is limited. It kinda falls in the probably won’t hurt, may help some people category.

Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk, so I don’t object to them. But they’re not tough to get through one’s diet; all you need is like 8 oz of fatty fish (1-2 servings) per week. And there’s an argument that reducing omega-6 fatty acids (from animal products and some vegetable oils) will have a similar effect.

CoQ might be beneficial for heart failure, blood pressure and blood glucose control, but the data is limited. It kinda falls in the probably won’t hurt, may help some people category.
Thanks. I can't stomach fish, so need another vehicle.

As I mentioned at the top... I'm happy to be talked out of anything I currently take. If all taking them hurts is my wallet, and there's "potential" benefits, I would continue, but I do feel like there's a lot of overkill/quackery in the supplement game. My PC didn't encourage or discourage - I wanted to tell him to at least have a professional opinion.

(y)
If you have a balanced diet and are taking these you're quite literally pissing your money away.
Maybe there's a nice placebo effect but otherwise...

A few vitamin supplements including a multi called Eyepromise Restore which my eye doctor recommended for AMD concerns.

Thanks. I can't stomach fish, so need another vehicle.

As I mentioned at the top... I'm happy to be talked out of anything I currently take. If all taking them hurts is my wallet, and there's "potential" benefits, I would continue, but I do feel like there's a lot of overkill/quackery in the supplement game. My PC didn't encourage or discourage - I wanted to tell him to at least have a professional opinion.
Non-fish sources rich in omega 3: flaxseed, chia, walnut, and soy. Other foods have it too, albeit in lesser amounts.

And you could cut down on animal products high in omega-6 fatty acids, as a lower omega 6:3 ratio may be a better goal.
Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of approximately 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1-16.7/1. Western diets are deficient in omega-3 fatty acids, and have excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids compared with the diet on which human beings evolved and their genetic patterns were established. Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects. In the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, a ratio of 4/1 was associated with a 70% decrease in total mortality.

Users who are viewing this thread