What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you tuck your undershirt into your underwear when wearing it under a dress shirt ? (1 Viewer)

Do you tuck your t-shirt into your underwear?

• Yes

Votes: 40 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 165 80.5%

• Total voters
I think the poll wording is flawwed.

It should read undershirt or something.

I never tuck a regular t shirt into my underwear. I only tuck a tshirt into my shorts if I have a bunch of layers on.

An undershirt under dress clothes is different imo :shrug:

I think the poll wording is flawwed.

It should read undershirt or something.

I never tuck a regular t shirt into my underwear. I only tuck a tshirt into my shorts if I have a bunch of layers on.

An undershirt under dress clothes is different imo :shrug:
I agree with this and have changed it where I could. Thanks!

I guess I am going to have to vote no on this one. I don't often wear a dress shirt. But when I do, I don't wear a shirt underneath it (I get too hot). I can't recall a time when I ever tucked a shirt in my underwear.

I voted no - but I was shocked to see 25% of people actually do this. What benefit does this have over just tucking it into your dress pants (outside the underwear) like any sane person would do?
When you have multiple items tucked the undershirt has a tendency to ride up and cause a "poof" or pull out the regular shirt. With the undershirt secure, it keeps everything neater.

Learned it from my grandfather and umpire. He also had a little band to keep his outside shirt stay tucked

There's no way this is really a thing anymore, right? I associate this with older generations who also used garters to hold up their dress socks. It's a long out dated process that has no business in today's world.

There's no way this is really a thing anymore, right? I associate this with older generations who also used garters to hold up their dress socks. It's a long out dated process that has no business in today's world.
the newer pants that have the anti stick waist help a lot.....

BTW - I havent wore a undershirt dress shirt combo in 3 years lol

If your shirt is riding up then you need shirts that fit you better and/or you need to lose weight.

ETA - As a guy who just threw out a few shirts and could lose 10 lbs.

Your poor wives, having to scrub skid marks out of your t-****ts?

When I was 4, maybe my mom tucked my t-shirt in my dutchies.
How friggin' far up do your skid marks go? Wait.. you have skid marks? Who's the adult now?
I’m 50+ ofc I have skidmarks. I don’t trust >50% of my farts anymorr
:lmao: I'm 50+ also... skid marks aren't an issue, but dribbles are :oldunsure:
Kudos on your sphincter tone, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or, for having a diet that befits a 50+ year-old.

Condolonces on your prostate sweeling, tho.

I voted no - but I was shocked to see 25% of people actually do this. What benefit does this have over just tucking it into your dress pants (outside the underwear) like any sane person would do?
It keeps your undershirt from coming untucked and bunching up under your dress shirt. Very effective BTW.
This. I do it all the time for this reason. I will admit it feels a little weird though.

Something I actually learned about here in the FFA. Now a standard practice.

yeah same - I never did this until seeing that thread, probably 20 years ago, and now do it most all the time. I once mentioned it to a friend and he told me if he saw me doing that, like in a locker room or something, he would immediately punch me in the throat. I made a conscious decision not to teach my son this, or even let him see me in that state of dressing, just to spare him the throat punches in his developing years.

Never thought to do this, but I guess it makes sense not to have two layers bunched into the back of your pants. Sounds uncomfortable, though.

I do try to buy pretty snug undershirts though so as to not create the "bunch-up" problem.

Your poor wives, having to scrub skid marks out of your t-shirts?

🤔🙂 my shirts aren’t that long.
If your shirt is riding up then you need shirts that fit you better and/or you need to lose weight.
First, HOW DARE YOU! :rant:
Second, I refuse.
My shirts fit fine by themselves. When I tuck, they do eventually rise up.
Haven’t tried the underwear trick. :oldunsure:

As mentioned above, I do it when I'm qearing a suit, which is fairly often. It stops the dress shirt from getting all messed up while moving around and since I'm in front of people a lot it keeps me looking less disheveled.

How friggin' far up do your skid marks go? Wait.. you have skid marks? Who's the adult now?
No matter how much you shake and dance
The last two drops end up in your pants

You need a Pee Bib (R) from TacoCorp

I just learned about this. Tried it when wearing a dress shirt tucked into khakis on my in-office days.

Life-changing. The undershirt stays in position all day and doesn't untuck the dress shirt as I move around. Best thing I've done to improve my quality of life this year.

As mentioned above, I do it when I'm qearing a suit, which is fairly often. It stops the dress shirt from getting all messed up while moving around and since I'm in front of people a lot it keeps me looking less disheveled.

Look - my first reaction was "this is bananas," but the logic is sound. I might have to try this next week when I have to wear a suit into the city...I do suffer from bunched up dress shirts. I do need new undershirts badly. I do need to lose a few pounds too. There's a lot of challenges these days. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread