What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the lowest denomination of coin you're willing to pick up off the ground? (1 Viewer)

How old are you?

• 20 and under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 30 14.4%
  • 41-50

Votes: 115 55.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 54 26.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
I'll pick up any coin as long as it's Heads Up.  I remember being told as a kid that this was considered lucky.  If it's not Heads Up, I leave it where it is.

I pick up anything and throw it in the bed of my truck. I despise carrying change so any time I get some I throw it in the bed of my truck. It's my life sized give-a-penny-take-a-penny.

Twice so far I've been hit up for change and told both to help themselves to what's in the truck bed. I think one guy pulled about $6 :thumbup:

Dime for me.

When my Dad was in the Navy, he talked about saving all of the dimes he got. Something about the physical mass of the coin versus the coin value was the greatest with the dime (I've never looked it up, my Dad said it, so it's true). Since then I have always had special bottles to collect coins and the dime bottle is front and center.

I've become a miser in my old age.  Pennies add up.  I keep coins in my car for when I pay with cash at fast food joints.  Once my coin thingy gets overstuffed I move it to a jar in our house that we keep full of coins that gets turned into cashola for the County Fair every summer.

Lol I forgot that my wife and I used to play a game when went on walks after work. We would see who could find the most loose change while walking. If you saw it you called it and I would pick it up for her. Whoever had the most at the end of the walk won. Many walks were won .01 to 0 or .10 to .05. One time she found a dollar bill and I thought I would never here the end of her victory from that walk. It was maybe a month later I found a twenty. I love to bring it up occasionally by asking her if she remembers that time we were walking and I found that twenty.
When I was about 8 or 9 I was riding my Huffy through my neighborhood and found ten $1 bills scattered along a gutter. Have no idea how/why they wound up there. I was on them like flies on crap.

I'm a net dropper of change. I'll rarely go through the effort to pick any of it up. If I have cash on hand and something cost over $.8x, I'll use cash and just leave the change. If it is under the $.8x range, I'll usually use a card to avoid having change.

I basically consider any change to just be a net cost of an extra dollar on any purchase.

I basically consider any change to just be a net cost of an extra dollar on any purchase.
I do one of those automatic savings transfers where all purchases round up a dollar and the "coins" are put in the savings acct, so yeah I always see things as whole dollar purchases.

Dimes.  Do it as a tribute to my Mother who passed 11 years ago.  She always thought finding a dime meant she was being looked after by her loved ones who had passed.

Can I complain here about the waiter bringing me  a $5 bill in change when I gave him a twenty for s $14.10 tab?

I've found two quarters in the Aldi parking lot over the years. And I've only been there maybe 15 times total. I think it's the fat people who drop their cart quarter are unable to bend down to pick it up. Yay me. 

True Story.
You owe me fifty cents

I make cheesecloth coin sacks when i go to the strip club. I put 2.50 in there. 

Bought them one of these to keep in the back room. I am like a rock star there. 

Not at work - might pick up a quarter

At work - anything silver.  I have a desk drawer full of pennies that doesn't help much with the vending machine here.  Silver on the other hand, comes in handy when I am a dime short on an awesome bag of Doritos or something.

A new factor to consider.

Local card room. See a quarter on the floor in a stall in the men's room. Pick it up?

My buddy in college taught me a way to flick them by snapping my fingers. It's pretty fun.
I can put an eye out or leave a welt flicking a coin.  Fast enough to make them buzz through the air.  So I've got that going for me.  Which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread