What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Santana Moss? (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
This is not an AC post. Guy in my league just offered me Moss for Joe Horn and a 2nd round pick. This is a dynasty league with about 130 players already on 10 rosters, so a 2nd rounder is the equivalent to a 15th round pick in a redraft league. Evidently he was shopping him pretty hard all day. I took the deal. Is there something I should know about Santana Moss?

Did his shoot his pregnant ex GF in a drive by?

Did he quit on the team to go be a yoga teacher?

Did his wife stab him to death in their home?

Has he been hanging out with Ricky Williams?

Did he hire David Boston's trainer and gain 150 pounds of muscle in his upper body alone?

Did he get traded to Baltimore?

Did he get in a hot tub with his underage baby sitter?

Did he have 15 feet of his intestines removed (oh, wait, Jimmy Smith came back from that quite nicely)

Did he hire Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and demand to be paid Peyton Manning Money?

What did I miss?

It sounds like he is panicking due to the fact that the Redskins just acquired two other short speedy WRs.

Maybe Terrell Owens had his name legally changed to Joe Horn?

Honestly I don't understand why.

This is not an AC post. Guy in my league just offered me Moss for Joe Horn and a 2nd round pick. This is a dynasty league with about 130 players already on 10 rosters, so a 2nd rounder is the equivalent to a 15th round pick in a redraft league. Evidently he was shopping him pretty hard all day. I took the deal. Is there something I should know about Santana Moss?

Did he hire David Boston's trainer and gain 150 pounds of muscle in his upper body alone?

Did he have 15 feet of his intestines removed (oh, wait, Jimmy Smith came back from that quite nicely)

Did he hire Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and demand to be paid Peyton Manning Money?

What did I miss?
Obviously your dealing with a moron......(it's my brother.)Just another reason why he won't make the -------- again this year.

:o

Paranoid about ARE and Lloyd. Dunno why though, if anything it will help Moss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lloyd and ARE are both capable. Moss' numbers will come down next year. That's why. (I still probably do that deal though).

What did I miss?
Santana Moss has been stabbed death by his wife in a Baltimore hot tub with 15 year old baby-sitting yoga teacher. The incident occurred after Rasta Ricky and Moss did a drive by shooting of his ex-girlfirend, rumored to be pregnant. In other news, Drew Rosenhaus is demanding Peyton Manning give back the 15 feet of Jimmy's Smith intestines, which were removed by David Boston & his trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moss has been seen out on the town with well-known partyholic Tubgirl.

Some are afraid his lifestyle could lead to late nights, missed curfews, and messy cleanups.

I don't know why this guy doesn't get more credit, especially in a dynasty league.

He was the #2 receiver last year, he's had at least one other excellent year, he has a nice pedigree, and he's just entering his prime. Sure he might drop a bit (like ANY top ranked player from a given year), but he could DROP a LONG way and be very valuable.

But he's not 6'4" 220 so he sucks I guess, just like Steve Smith, Chad Johsnon, Holt, Mason, Chambers, Harrison, etc.

When he made the offer I was almost floored. See, I expect Stallworth to step up this year. I know we say that every year, but he was showing flashes of brilliance last year. I had Horn on my squad to shore up the N.O. receiving game. He takes Horn, I keep Stallworth and Moss and I'm absolutely giddy.

I must say that I checked the blogger and the shark pool about 5 times before I emailed the trade in. I just thought he heard something and wanted to dump the guy before I found out that he quit the league to follow PAt Tillman's footsteps into the Army Rangers....

Lloyd and ARE are both capable. Moss' numbers will come down next year. That's why. (I still probably do that deal though).
I doubt they come down very much. I'd say 75/1300/8 is still a safe bet.Cooley and Sellers (as far as TDs) will see their numbers take the biggest hit as a result of Lloyd and ARE.

Its definitely a better deal for the party getting S. Moss. It sounds like the offering party did panic a bit with the WR upgrades made by WAS. That said, I don't think Horn and a 2nd are WAY out of line for Moss (especially in a PPR league)... but if I were offered Moss for Horn and 2nd in a dynasty league, I would very likely jump on it.

I see the additions of the WR's as a good thing for Moss. They won't be able to double him all the time. I think that will only help his numbers....

When he made the offer I was almost floored. See, I expect Stallworth to step up this year. I know we say that every year, but he was showing flashes of brilliance last year. I had Horn on my squad to shore up the N.O. receiving game. He takes Horn, I keep Stallworth and Moss and I'm absolutely giddy.
Your trade just got really interesting with Brees going to NO....if he develops chemistry with Stallworth you are golden!

I really didn't mean this to degenerate into an AC thread. When I got the trade offer I did a quick scan of this site to see if the other owner heard something I didn't. I didn't see anything and pulled the trigger. That's when I dropped in here to find out if anything had happened to Moss. All sorts of horros stories were going though my head of other players that had something tragic happen to them. I gave a little background of the trade and why I was worried. I don't even think this is really an AC thread. There has been some legit discussion of S. Moss' situation and that's what I was looking for....

Cooley and Sellers (as far as TDs) will see their numbers take the biggest hit as a result of Lloyd and ARE.
:no: They take a hit for receptions / yardage, but they're the only big, physical guys on the offense (besides the line). IMO their TDs go up, while receptions fall.I understand what the guy's thinking, but he's not doing a very good job of selling high here.

I really didn't mean this to degenerate into an AC thread. When I got the trade offer I did a quick scan of this site to see if the other owner heard something I didn't. I didn't see anything and pulled the trigger. That's when I dropped in here to find out if anything had happened to Moss. All sorts of horros stories were going though my head of other players that had something tragic happen to them. I gave a little background of the trade and why I was worried. I don't even think this is really an AC thread. There has been some legit discussion of S. Moss' situation and that's what I was looking for....
Keep it here. :thumbup: More discussion of the skins FF value is needed. ;)

so most think S.Moss' numbers won't decline this year?

I had an offer for sending Ward, Edwards, 2.2 rookie dynasty pick for S.Moss, Coles, and 1.12.

I was going to decline it because I wasn't sure Moss would put up anywhere near the same numbers this year. Was i wrong about Llyod and Randel El's impact? :popcorn:

Moss didn't get double team'd until the end of the season and in the playoffs. There is no way Moss can put up the same numbers as last year. Adding Randle El and Lloyd, plus you already have Cooley there...there is only one ball. If you add the factor that Gibbs will run it down your throat when he has the lead...we're not talking about INDY here (they throw even if they have 20 pt lead). I love Moss, but I find it hard to think that he will be anywhere near 90 receptions.

Also, B. Lloyd is the only 6 ft tall WR, so I expect him to play more of a role in the redzone. Moss will still be valuable, but I just can't see where he'll put up the lofty FF #'s he did last year. IMO

This, of course, is coming from a 'Skins homer...so take it for what it's worth.

Add 2 new WRs

Add 1st year starting QB

He was trying to sell Moss high while he still could.
:no: There is absolutely no evidence at this time that Jason Campbell will start a single game next season. The plan if for Brunell to start. They even went out and signed a veteran backup (T. Collins). If Campbell wows everyone in minicamp, training camp, and preseason, he may get in there, but I doubt it.

Was that Moss' 1st healthy season?

Maybe it's just me but, to me he's the Fragile Fred of Wr's.

Cooley and Sellers (as far as TDs) will see their numbers take the biggest hit as a result of Lloyd and ARE.
:no: They take a hit for receptions / yardage, but they're the only big, physical guys on the offense (besides the line). IMO their TDs go up, while receptions fall.I understand what the guy's thinking, but he's not doing a very good job of selling high here.
Cooley and Sellers combined for 14 TDs. Do you really think that's going to go up? Sellers' will certainly fall. He was simply an unknown last year in the passing game. He caught people off guard with his catches. Towards the end of the season, teams finally started covering the play-action pass to the h-back.I think 28 TDs is a nice, safe prediction right now for the Washington passing game. Those have to be spread among Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Patten, Cooley, Sellers, Fauria, Portis, and maybe Betts.

I think Cooley only increases his TD total if the passing game explodes for like 32-35 TDs.

Was that Moss' 1st healthy season?

Maybe it's just me but, to me he's the Fragile Fred of Wr's.
Moss has played in 5, 15, 16, 15, and 16 games in each of his five seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread