What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is Lehman? (1 Viewer)

mario8723

Footballguy
Any Detroit homers out there have a report on how Lehman has looked? Where is he playing?This is the 2nd week in a row that he hasn't been in the boxscore and I'm starting to wonder what's going on. Haven't seen any news on him at all...

This is the 2nd week in a row that he hasn't been in the boxscore and I'm starting to wonder what's going on. Haven't seen any news on him at all...
Worst yet, he's played in both games as well. I have not read anything about an injury. If he's not injured, two things are happening:1.) Lehman is not being productive

and/or

2.) Lehman is not seeing much playing time.

Either way, the guy is currently 2nd-string and has not sniffed a glimmer of 1st-string action.

This is the 2nd week in a row that he hasn't been in the boxscore and I'm starting to wonder what's going on. Haven't seen any news on him at all...
Worst yet, he's played in both games as well. I have not read anything about an injury. If he's not injured, two things are happening:1.) Lehman is not being productive

and/or

2.) Lehman is not seeing much playing time.

Either way, the guy is currently 2nd-string and has not sniffed a glimmer of 1st-string action.
I haven't looked to see if this is the exact situation, but I've noticed that certain guys are simply not showing up in the official scoring. For example, I looked up LB Lemar Marshall for the 'Skins and didn't even see him referenced with any tackles, etc. even though he was in on a lot of plays. IMHO this comes from confusion at the stadium with the huge rosters and multiple guys wearing the same number.

You're just going to have to rely upon people who watched the game to get an idea of what happened.

If it's the fact that he's been demoted to 2nd string, which I had not heard, that's just poor decision making by the Lions imo. I have not seen anything to that effect being reported. If you have a link it would be greatly appreciated.How the hell do you have James Davis and Earl Holmes on the field ahead of him?Any Lions homers out there have any information?

Did some more digging, and came up with this:Lions | Lehman No. 2 in the MiddleFri, 5 Aug 2005 05:36:13 -0700Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman is now getting most of his work at middle linebacker. Lehman is in the middle on the No. 2 defense. He spent the early days of training camp getting most of his repetitions at strongside linebacker. Even if Lehman doesn't have a starting position at the beginning of the year, he's expected to see a lot of playing time.Ourlads also reflects the same info, with Lehman listed at #2 at MLB. Bailey, Holmes, and Davis are listed as starters. That's pretty poor if you ask me. Of course, I haven't received any calls from Matt Millen as of late, lol. :P

Did some more digging, and came up with this:

Lions | Lehman No. 2 in the Middle

Fri, 5 Aug 2005 05:36:13 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman is now getting most of his work at middle linebacker. Lehman is in the middle on the No. 2 defense. He spent the early days of training camp getting most of his repetitions at strongside linebacker. Even if Lehman doesn't have a starting position at the beginning of the year, he's expected to see a lot of playing time.

Ourlads also reflects the same info, with Lehman listed at #2 at MLB. Bailey, Holmes, and Davis are listed as starters. That's pretty poor if you ask me. Of course, I haven't received any calls from Matt Millen as of late, lol. :P
I have watched both games and both times, Lehman's role stayed the same. He comes in in obvious passing downs for Holmes but other than that, he is off the field.Tom

I think it's a pretty big warning flag when you can't beat out a purely one dimensional player like Holmes. It's not like Holmes was ever anything more than a solid player.

Did some more digging, and came up with this:

Lions | Lehman No. 2 in the Middle

Fri, 5 Aug 2005 05:36:13 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman is now getting most of his work at middle linebacker. Lehman is in the middle on the No. 2 defense. He spent the early days of training camp getting most of his repetitions at strongside linebacker. Even if Lehman doesn't have a starting position at the beginning of the year, he's expected to see a lot of playing time.

Ourlads also reflects the same info, with Lehman listed at #2 at MLB. Bailey, Holmes, and Davis are listed as starters. That's pretty poor if you ask me. Of course, I haven't received any calls from Matt Millen as of late, lol. :P
Tom
Exactly right, and quite troublesome. I most assuredly thoughht he would be starting in the middle against CLE this past weekend. But sure enough, HOlmes was in and Lehman trotted on for the nickel/dime packages.I have watched both games and both times, Lehman's role stayed the same. He comes in in obvious passing downs for Holmes but other than that, he is off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had read he was running behind Holmes at MLB while also splitting time with Bailey at SLB while Davis and Curry were splitting time at WLB. The entire LB situation smells pretty ugly at this point.

I had read he was running behind Holmes at MLB while also splitting time with Bailey at SLB while Davis and Curry were splitting time at WLB. The entire LB situation smells pretty ugly at this point.
Davis has shared with Lewis and both have looked fine. Although Davis has a strangle hold on the WLB job. Bailey on the other hand does not impress me. As a Lehman owner, I want him in the middle but right now that team NEEDS Holmes and his run stuffing ability. It does not help either that Lehman is getting burned in coverage.Tom

Users who are viewing this thread