What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where was Fasano? (1 Viewer)

FFChick32

Footballguy
Pennington threw to 8 different receivers today and not one stinkin catch to my newly started TE Fasano? Who saw the game? I know Miami stinks, but after last week, I expected more.....did he even have any looks?

Pennington threw to 8 different receivers today and not one stinkin catch to my newly started TE Fasano? Who saw the game? I know Miami stinks, but after last week, I expected more.....did he even have any looks?
I think one of the looks was: :wall:

I agree, I was real surprised. Even more angry when I saw Scheffler went nuts today. Dropped Scheffler for him....... damn.

I think he slept in?

I agree, I was real surprised. Even more angry when I saw Scheffler went nuts today. Dropped Scheffler for him....... damn.I think he slept in?
Not quite that bad for me, but I started him over Scheffler this week in one of my two money leagues so I'm not exactly jumping for joy either.

I think it's more like the most targeted receiver on a team last week got zero targets this week and let him down

Not to get off topic but how you doin?

Lobo237 said:
Warriors Forever said:
I agree, I was real surprised. Even more angry when I saw Scheffler went nuts today. Dropped Scheffler for him....... damn.I think he slept in?
Not quite that bad for me, but I started him over Scheffler this week in one of my two money leagues so I'm not exactly jumping for joy either.
me too! But hey we now have a good TE in Scheffler, he has produced 2 weeks in a row (this week more than last week), on an explosive offense (so far)

Glatty said:
I think it's more like the most targeted receiver on a team last week got zero targets this week and let him down
Well that was a mistake right there. A fluke week sucks in the guppies.

Jambi said:
FFChick32 said:
Not to get off topic but how you doin?
Really? You must be a very lonely virgin.

So much for the flavor-of-the-week TEs:

Scaife: 1-6

Fasano: 0

Rosario: 1-6

McMichael: 2-24

Royal: 0

Martin: 3-32

Miller: 2-24

Smith: ?

Best of the lot was Carlson (6-78 and appears to be Hasselbeck's favorite target for the next couple of weeks, at least).

Count me into the I snagged Fasano after last week, but good thing I went with the more proven Scheffler as my starting TE.

You can't fault guys for picking up a player after a great week 1. With most FA studs you have to snag them after 1 great week or else you'll be 1 week too late.

However, you can fault a guy for starting him over a more proven target.

Count me into the I snagged Fasano after last week, but good thing I went with the more proven Scheffler as my starting TE.You can't fault guys for picking up a player after a great week 1. With most FA studs you have to snag them after 1 great week or else you'll be 1 week too late.However, you can fault a guy for starting him over a more proven target.
Completely agree. I picked up Fasano but started Scheffler. In my leagues you have to grab the one week wonders if you want a chance at getting them. Doesn't mean you have to start them, though.

Agreed - should have picked him up, but stuck with Cooley as my starter - after last week's pitiful performance by the Wash offense, I was afraid to play both Cooley and Portis again, so played Portis and benched Cooley in favor of Fasano.... :wall:

Thankfully, I still might pull out a win thanks to Cutler's heroics.....

Now, what one week wonder should I swap Fasano for? :wall:

I had to do something. My tight ends were Daniels and Heap. :goodposting: Thanks Ike!

And I don't blame anyone for picking up a tight end who leads his team in targets, has a QB with a supposedly weak arm, and whose team figures to trail often, making passing more frequent.

Granted, trailing by a lot can lead to 4 WR sets, but still, some people need to quit always trying to play "I'm smarter than you" all the time in here. It's true that many Week 1 surprise stars can fall flat on their faces, but there are also Anquan Boldin's of the world out there.

First, Fasano is not a below average TE. The guy was a McKay finalist in college with a pro quality QB throwing to him. Playing behind Witten. When he played he showed great hands.

Second, the Miami O sucks. Their top WR's are Hagan and Ginn? Their line isn't any good. Any team that saw the week 1 tape would take the only dynamic Offensive player away from Miami. Any DC would have a LB on him at all times and a safety shadowing him as well.

Third, the Miami O is not good. They get Pennington with a couple weeks left in preseason. Favre admits to not picking up the O in NY yet and he is one of the best in the game.

Fourth, don't clamor for Henne. He was playing against a prevent D. This was good experience for him but he should hold the clip board for a year....

I watched some of the game and Fasano went out for a lot of passes early on, Pennington just really never looked his way. He was open a few times, but I don't even recall him getting targeted.

What's the consensus on him this week? Which week was the fluke - week1 or week2? I'm tempted to say week2 was the fluke since team target leaders all have off weeks where they are barely targeted, but it's much more infrequent that players who are never targeted lead their team in targets during a week (they may step up and have good weeks, but i'm talking about being the #1 target leader - and 9 looks is a lot for anyone)

What's the consensus on him this week? Which week was the fluke - week1 or week2? I'm tempted to say week2 was the fluke since team target leaders all have off weeks where they are barely targeted, but it's much more infrequent that players who are never targeted lead their team in targets during a week (they may step up and have good weeks, but i'm talking about being the #1 target leader - and 9 looks is a lot for anyone)
As a writer on another ff site said, "he's not as good as week 1 and not as bad as week 2". For anyone to say he's just an average te is silly. As an above poster pointed out fasano was regarded as one of the best te's in college and then never really had a chance to do anything on a loaded dallas team. I can't see miami continuing to ignore him

As a writer on another ff site said, "he's not as good as week 1 and not as bad as week 2". For anyone to say he's just an average te is silly. As an above poster pointed out fasano was regarded as one of the best te's in college and then never really had a chance to do anything on a loaded dallas team. I can't see miami continuing to ignore him
:rolleyes: I'm starting him in two of my 3 leagues. KWII gets the start over him in the third. For anyone to say he is a one week wonder in the first game they need to look at it from the other angle. It was a one week blunder in the second game. Neither is a trend....

I ended up ditching him for Randy McMichael who got 7 targets week 1 and 6 targets week 2. I like those odds a lot better then one blow up week and one of nothing

Facing the TE sieve SD this week.. either the trend continues, or they really work on shutting down the TE this week.

Might it be a big night or 0 catches again?

Facing the TE sieve SD this week.. either the trend continues, or they really work on shutting down the TE this week. Might it be a big night or 0 catches again?
The way KWII has been playing, Fasano is going to start in pretty much every league I have this week.

WEll SUPER HYPE Jeremy Shockey started today only to get beaten out by a better TE in Miller.

Can this guy just retire or join the WWF so suckers like me who jump on the hype quit getting burned?

Users who are viewing this thread