What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Elephant Rules/Discussion (1 Viewer)

How it's looking so far...

1.16 Duckboy LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB7

1.15 OldMilwaukee Joseph Addai, Ind, RB4

1.14 Blue-Kun Marshawn Lynch, Buf, RB8

1.13Pictus Cat Steven Jackson, SL, RB2

1.12 Ruffrodys05 Peyton Manning, Ind, QB2

1.11 Aaron Rudnicki Willis McGahee, Bal, RB12

1.10 renesauz Frank Gore, SF, RB10

1.9 Fiddles Marion Barber, Dall, RB5

QB

RB

WR

TE

K

D/ST

Last edited by a moderator:

1.13 Pictus Cat Steven Jackson, SL, RB2

whats this list?

whats this list?
I think that if everything were ideal, and no steals were wasted, that the first round would go OPPOSITE/reverse of a normal first round.The problem with that thought Pictus, is that that would only occur if we all had the same rankings of players in our minds. The fact that your list above is so far away fom a normal draft list is ample proof that we DON'T have the same rankings in our mind.

ETA: I just realized that all of those picks are locked, but they aren't the only locked picks

whats this list?
I think that if everything were ideal, and no steals were wasted, that the first round would go OPPOSITE/reverse of a normal first round.The problem with that thought Pictus, is that that would only occur if we all had the same rankings of players in our minds. The fact that your list above is so far away fom a normal draft list is ample proof that we DON'T have the same rankings in our mind.
I think this is the order of locked players?Also - Can we get the locked players in bold on the draft tracking thread or does that take away from the fun of having people maybe pick/steal locked players?

whats this list?
I think this is the order of locked players?Also - Can we get the locked players in bold on the draft tracking thread or does that take away from the fun of having people maybe pick/steal locked players?
Going to start another thread for that, but will not promise it will always be updated. Even if I did, the information would be of limited use. We don't all have the same available players for stealing!!

1.13Pictus Cat Steven Jackson, SL, RB2

QB

RB

WR

TE

K

D/ST
I was just looking at a list of players as they are locked by someones 2nd pick. They are the easiest and surest, but not the only. Didn't want to make a mistake.

In a perfect draft, it would be reverse order of rankings, but

1 Our rankings are different

2 I doubt anyone would rank players this way

24 picks/steals in 24 hours........not too bad, considering the thought process involved with deciding when, where and if a steal should be used.

It would be nice to keep up this pace!

:wishful thinking:

24 picks/steals in 24 hours........not too bad, considering the thought process involved with deciding when, where and if a steal should be used.It would be nice to keep up this pace!:wishful thinking:
Be on your toes or get the hose.The pace is a little faster because not keeping up could cost you.

24 picks/steals in 24 hours........not too bad, considering the thought process involved with deciding when, where and if a steal should be used.It would be nice to keep up this pace!:wishful thinking:
Be on your toes or get the hose.The pace is a little faster because not keeping up could cost you.
We did have some time-outs last year.......... :rolleyes: , but 15 of us have been here before.

We did have some time-outs last year.......... :shrug: , but 15 of us have been here before.
13 actually...we ran with a 14 man league last year. Only LHUCKS didn't repeat this year.

We did have some time-outs last year.......... :shrug: , but 15 of us have been here before.
13 actually...we ran with a 14 man league last year. Only LHUCKS didn't repeat this year.
Just thought of that and came back to edit my post, but you beat me to it.......thanks!

RUDY:

STEAL Adrian Peterson RB MIN STEAL and to lock ADP
Nice move Rudy - Worth the wait....I'd be pissed if Jeff got away with that hijinx.
:porked: ;)
:hot: :finger:
I'm very curious as to why you stole him. There was zero chance you were going to keep him and It basically opened the door for Rudi to lock him up and it cost you a steal. Did you realize that? Not only that it eliminated you chance to steal and lock up a good number of premium players.

RUDY:

Nice move Rudy - Worth the wait....I'd be pissed if Jeff got away with that hijinx.
:moneybag: :lmao:
I'm very curious as to why you stole him. There was zero chance you were going to keep him and It basically opened the door for Rudi to lock him up and it cost you a steal. Did you realize that? Not only that it eliminated you chance to steal and lock up a good number of premium players.
That was my best / only chance to get a top 5 RB where I was. I didn't like anyone after 2.01 as a RB1, and had just 4-5 drafters between me and my next pick for a lock, so I decided to take a shot. 4 steals is plenty, so it was worth the gamble.

RUDY:

STEAL Adrian Peterson RB MIN STEAL

and to lock ADP
Nice move Rudy - Worth the wait....

I'd be pissed if Jeff got away with that hijinx.
:moneybag: :lmao:
That was my best / only chance to get a top 5 RB where I was. I didn't like anyone after 2.01 as a RB1, and had just 4-5 drafters between me and my next pick for a lock, so I decided to take a shot.4 steals is plenty, so it was worth the gamble.
Looks like you just added the bolded part.I was busy all morning and wasn't online until ren's 2nd pick was OTC, so only 2.01+ picks were available to me for a steal.

That's a flaw to this being online - you can miss a possible window to steal someone (even if not 100% assured of a locked player steal). For example, if I get online and we're at 2.07, I've missed out on every player between 1.11 and 1.16 as possible steals. Yes I know it isn't a lock to get them, but that is your limited window of opportunity.

Yes I could have grabbed Gore, but I didn't think that he was head and shoulders above other options.

What I was most astonished by was the fact that renesauz had a chance to lock up Peterson immediately after Ruds pick but did not get here fast enough. I was beginning to wonder if editing the first post / tracking the draft held renesauz up?????.......but then I noticed it was almost a half hour after Ruds pick that Pasquino stole Peterson.

What I was most astonished by was the fact that renesauz had a chance to lock up Peterson immediately after Ruds pick but did not get here fast enough. I was beginning to wonder if editing the first post / tracking the draft held renesauz up?????.......but then I noticed it was almost a half hour after Ruds pick that Pasquino stole Peterson.
Yes, the timing of it all makes it very tough.

I had run out on a couple of errands, including taking my 5 y.o. to preschool, so I couldn't wait around. In hindsight, I could have sent ruds a list for fresh picks since he couldn't steal Peterson himself.While Jeff is right about the disadvantage of doing this via message board (slow), there are very few times when this is a disadvantage, because there are very few times you can actually lock up a player without actually being on the clock. Jeff could have stolen ADP 6 hours earlier, and it would have made no difference to his ability to keep him...any later and he couldn't have stolen him at all. If we were live, we'd actually make more mistakes, and illegal steals because we couldn't think our choices through thoroughly. Jeff would have almost certainly been shouting "STEAL" the second Ruds picked. So being a slow draft had little, if any, negative impact.ETA: I sort of got screwed over, but I had never expected to keep ADP to begin with.

I had run out on a couple of errands, including taking my 5 y.o. to preschool, so I couldn't wait around. In hindsight, I could have sent ruds a list for fresh picks since he couldn't steal Peterson himself.While Jeff is right about the disadvantage of doing this via message board (slow), there are very few times when this is a disadvantage, because there are very few times you can actually lock up a player without actually being on the clock. Jeff could have stolen ADP 6 hours earlier, and it would have made no difference to his ability to keep him...any later and he couldn't have stolen him at all. If we were live, we'd actually make more mistakes, and illegal steals because we couldn't think our choices through thoroughly. Jeff would have almost certainly been shouting "STEAL" the second Ruds picked. So being a slow draft had little, if any, negative impact.ETA: I sort of got screwed over, but I had never expected to keep ADP to begin with.
I know I PM'd you that you were on deck and that you had already up-dated the first post with my pick, so I'm curious why you didn't PM me (or Ruds) with your next pick knowing you had to bug out for errands? Too much morning coffee got you zipping along?For the record, I will be around throughout the day tomorrow (Wednesday) if anyone feels the need to send a list over. Yeah, I know, this draft is a little tricky with the steals and all, but if I can help anyone out I will be glad to do so. Thursday will be a different story altogether.

RUDY:

:X :lmao:
That was my best / only chance to get a top 5 RB where I was. I didn't like anyone after 2.01 as a RB1, and had just 4-5 drafters between me and my next pick for a lock, so I decided to take a shot. 4 steals is plenty, so it was worth the gamble.
....and Ryan Grant hadn't gone yet, so I knew I'd either get him as RB1 or be able to pick / lock him either way if ADP was stolen.

Either you are blowing smoke up.....or you're alot higher on Grant then most of us (or at least me! :X )

Either you are blowing smoke up.....or you're alot higher on Grant then most of us (or at least me! :X )
You're kidding, right?Ryan Grant was the #9-11 RB off the board in WSLs, and I think he's a RB1 (Top 10-12) guy for this coming year in PPR leagues for sure. Drafting at 1.04 in WE is basically like drafting at 1.13, since steals flip this upside down, so when I see the #10-12 RB still available to me even if I don't get ADP, I take the gamble. Downside risk is having Ryan Grant (which is still > what I should have, IMHO) and only costs me a steal. Good gamble for me.

Taking a stab at ADP was not a bad idea IMO. Lets not forget the human factor. This is not a perfect draft. People's strategies and understanding of the rules are different. Some people are not seeing all the angles (like me.) Personally, I think the two best drafters as far as understanding the impact of the rules are renasauz and Duckboy. And where are they drafting?

Reaper also suprised me with that Westy steal. One of the last 4 1st round picks was doomed, and there was nothing they could do about it.

On the Ryan pick, I think he will be all over the board for ranking. He did well last year, is on a powerfull team (offense and defense,) and someone in most leagues is going to take him in the first round. I personally think he will do well again over what else was available to Jeff at the time.

Would have taken Gore though if he was around. Timing. This is the draft I frantically end up PMing half the league from my cell phone because I don't have posting access when I'm at work. LOL.

Either you are blowing smoke up.....or you're alot higher on Grant then most of us (or at least me! :thumbup: )
You're kidding, right?Ryan Grant was the #9-11 RB off the board in WSLs, and I think he's a RB1 (Top 10-12) guy for this coming year in PPR leagues for sure. Drafting at 1.04 in WE is basically like drafting at 1.13, since steals flip this upside down, so when I see the #10-12 RB still available to me even if I don't get ADP, I take the gamble. Downside risk is having Ryan Grant (which is still > what I should have, IMHO) and only costs me a steal. Good gamble for me.
Be ever aware the one year wondersThe WSL drafts were before Favre retiredGrant came out of nowhere to perform excellent in 2007, but that was with the great Brett Favre at QB demanding respect from the secondary.GB minus Favre plus one unproven QB = a whole bunch of 8 man fronts for the GB RBs. 2 vs. Chicago and 2 vs. Minny are nasty matchups.Also, Mike McCarthy seems lik a RBBC guy to me. There are 1 or 2 RBs who were too young or 2 injured in 007, but could challenge Grant for touches in 2008.An OK RB2, but not someone I would want to bank on as a RB1 for 2008

Interesting steal Jeter... :thumbdown:

My figuring was that I saw better value still on the board at RB that you and Rads would want to lock that up... Rads for sure.

But, I did figure it was a possibility and still top value I can now lock up at worst case.

Interesting steal Jeter... :thumbup: My figuring was that I saw better value still on the board at RB that you and Rads would want to lock that up... Rads for sure.But, I did figure it was a possibility and still top value I can now lock up at worst case.
I definitely had a lot of choices there and was torn on how I should take it. Hopefully this works for me, but we'll see.

Interesting steal Jeter... :thumbup: My figuring was that I saw better value still on the board at RB that you and Rads would want to lock that up... Rads for sure.But, I did figure it was a possibility and still top value I can now lock up at worst case.
I definitely had a lot of choices there and was torn on how I should take it. Hopefully this works for me, but we'll see.
Yeah, in retrospect, that was a good move on your part..... And probably the best value on the board that you can "Almost" guarantee keeping.I was a tad greedy. The guys drafting at the ends have no worries at all about Greed getting the best of them like that and losing a steal... Rad will Steal whoever the hell he wants and lock it.

Duckboy:

2.01 STEAL WR Reggie Wayne STEAL

:lmao: :lmao:

Funniest STEAL EVER....

Did you wait around all day to pull that trigger?

Duckboy:2.01 STEAL WR Reggie Wayne STEAL :lmao: :lmao: Funniest STEAL EVER....Did you wait around all day to pull that trigger?
Almost as funny as ADP going when he did...was hoping Rad wouldn't lock up LJ, but by doing what I did it will help my strat going forward. Will comment on this at a later time :scared: Sorry jeter...

Duckboy:2.01 STEAL WR Reggie Wayne STEAL :lmao: :lmao: Funniest STEAL EVER.... :lmao: Did you wait around all day to pull that trigger?
Almost as funny as ADP going when he did...was hoping Rad wouldn't lock up LJ, but by doing what I did it will help my strat going forward. Will comment on this at a later time :scared: Sorry jeter...
:cry: No problem. I knew it was coming. I refreshed 100 times waiting for Ollie and then just missed him. Hate losing Wayne, but loving this draft.

I freakin' wasted a STEAL this past round....... :goodposting: :hot: :doh: :hot: :(

Guess I'm not as ready for this as I thought I might be. :(

:goodposting: :goodposting:

I have a job interview tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST, so I'm hittin' the hay early tonight and will not be back on the boards this evening. I will absolutely check back in around 8:00 AM tomorrow morning prior to heading out the door.

Good luck tonight boys!!

I have a job interview tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST, so I'm hittin' the hay early tonight and will not be back on the boards this evening. I will absolutely check back in around 8:00 AM tomorrow morning prior to heading out the door.

Good luck tonight boys!!
Better luck to you!!! Let us know how it goes. I'm tossing and turning about a job offer myself.

Good luck tonight boys!!
Best of luck to you!!! Knock it out of the park tomorrow.

What do you men think of rostering two studds from the same team in this format?

I would normaly be agianst it but this larceny stuff is addictive! :devil:

Please try to talk me out of stealing a top receiver when I already have the running back from the same team rostered!!! :confused: :confused:

Really just looking to see if someone can take a PM, should Blue-Kun show up!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread