What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whitner, stun gun (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte Whitner was shocked with a stun gun and arrested by officers trying to control a rowdy crowd outside a Cleveland nightclub early Saturday, police said.

Whitner was jailed for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, Lt. Thomas Stacho said. The former Ohio State star was released later Saturday and hadn’t been charged, police said. A prosecutor was to decide whether to file charges.

Police shocked and handcuffed Whitner, 23, outside the House of Blues after he forced his way past them and then broke free from officers trying to restrain him, Stacho said.

Officers heard reports that Miami Dolphins wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was having a birthday party at the downtown venue but couldn’t confirm whether Whitner was attending, Stacho said. Whitner and Ginn were high school teammates and played for the Buckeyes.

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for the melee, though he told officers, “My cousin’s out there, and they’ve got guns,” according to a police report, Stacho said.

Whitner said he regrets the incident.

“It’s not how I wish to conduct myself, and I apologize to all those involved,” he said in a statement released through his agent, Neil Cornrich.

A Bills spokesman said Saturday the team wouldn’t comment on Whitner until it had more information.

Whitner is at least the third Bills player to run into trouble with the law this year.

Police in South Carolina say they arrested 25-year-old safety Ko Simpson outside a bar in his hometown, Rock Hill, early New Year’s Day when he interfered with officers trying to arrest his friends. Simpson’s lawyer earlier wouldn’t discuss the case; a prosecutor said Simpson had asked to enter a program that would remove from his record a charge of hindering police.

Running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested near Los Angeles in February when police found a weapon in a parked car. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to 80 hours of community service and probation. He also was suspended for three games without pay by the NFL for violating the league’s personal-conduct policy.

http://www.footballhangout.com/news.html

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl.../304120004/1021

Last edited by a moderator:
PFT coverage

Bills safety Donte Whitner doesn’t think he should have been Tasered in connection with a Saturday morning arrest.

And he feels strongly enough about the topic to sue over it.

“I’m filing a lawsuit today against the police department,” Whitner said Saturday, according to CBS 19 in Cleveland.

Whitner also declared his innocence, and said that “nothing really happened.”

He was arrested for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest while celebrating the birthday of former Ohio State teammate Ted Ginn, currently a receiver with the Dolphins.

After Whitner made his comments to CBS 19, agent Neil Cornrich issued on Whitner’s behalf the following statement, which assumes a decidedly different tone: “I regret the incident that occurred last evening. It is not how I wish to conduct myself and I apologize to all those involved.”

Ginn's name should be removed from the title. There have been no reports that he had any involvement or did anything wrong. Very misleading thread title, sorry.

On a sidenote: Nothing would make Dolphin fans happier than Ginn going on his merry way so we can completely rid the franchise of any and all players from the Mueller/Cameron era.

Ginn's name should be removed from the title. There have been no reports that he had any involvement or did anything wrong. Very misleading thread title, sorry.
Whitner, Ginn, stun gun =/ whitner and ginn tased by stun gunfrom article:Officers heard reports that Miami Dolphins wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was having a birthday party at the downtown venue but couldn’t confirm whether Whitner was attending, Stacho said. Whitner and Ginn were high school teammates and played for the Buckeyes.

Whitner, Ginn, stun gun =/ whitner and ginn tased by stun gunfrom article:Officers heard reports that Miami Dolphins wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was having a birthday party at the downtown venue but couldn’t confirm whether Whitner was attending, Stacho said. Whitner and Ginn were high school teammates and played for the Buckeyes.
Bri,Did Ginn get tasered with a stun gun? I can't find that he did in the article, nor can I find where he had any involvement with what happened between Whitner and the police...I'm just asking. I know you comb the websites for stories but I just am not reading what you are. And I would love for Teddy Ginn to be involved in some melee and make it easier for Parcells to get rid of him but so far I am not seeing that angle.

Bri,Did Ginn get tasered with a stun gun? I can't find that he did in the article, nor can I find where he had any involvement with what happened between Whitner and the police...I'm just asking. I know you comb the websites for stories but I just am not reading what you are. And I would love for Teddy Ginn to be involved in some melee and make it easier for Parcells to get rid of him but so far I am not seeing that angle.
The comma has several uses in English grammar, all related to marking-off separate elements within a sentence.grammarbook.com

The comma has several uses in English grammar, all related to marking-off separate elements within a sentence.grammarbook.com
sorry the title doesn't work for ya MOP
Gotta agree with MOP here Bri, this really doesn't concern Ginn at all here.

Why not just change it to be more accurate rather than be rude?
I tried to explain it to him and he still didn't "get it" all that sorta seemed like a waste of time so I apologized.I was going to change it, daughter woke up, kinda got busy at home and went to sleep shortly after. Now I'm awake 4-5 hours later and changing it.I didn't think I was being rude and am a bit surprised by your comment

MOP, thought the snip just above this reply clarified. Also in post 2, Ginn is mentioned by PFT:He was arrested for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest while celebrating the birthday of former Ohio State teammate Ted Ginn, currently a receiver with the Dolphins.

I see, thank you

Why not just change it to be more accurate rather than be rude?
It's all good. Some folks don't know but Bri does a lot of blogging related with the NFL and such so I typically stop to read what he links. I just didn't see where Ginn had much to do with this. Bri is a good guy, so are you CSTU, no harm no foul.

CLEVELAND — Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte Whitner was formally charged Monday with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest resulting from an altercation at a Cleveland nightclub early Saturday.

Police used a stun gun on the 23- year-old Whitner outside the House of Blues and then handcuffed him after he forced his way past them. Whitner was taken to jail and released later pending formal charges.

Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho confirmed the charges on Monday and said Whitner is being sent a summons. He said a court date has been set for April 28 for Whitner’s initial appearance.

It was unclear why Whitner tried to leave the club and head for a melee outside, though he told officers, “My cousin’s out there, and they’ve got guns,” according to the police report, Stacho said.

Whitner said he regrets the incident.

“It’s not how I wish to conduct myself, and I apologize to all those involved,” he said in a statement released through agent Neil Cornrich.

(AP story)

Their best weapon on offense minus perhaps TO is suspended the 1st 3 games...Whitner will get a vacation for a couple weeks now too...Buffalo is not starting the 2009 campaign very well.

Their best weapon on offense minus perhaps TO is suspended the 1st 3 games...Whitner will get a vacation for a couple weeks now too...Buffalo is not starting the 2009 campaign very well.
Ko Simpson was arrested not too long ago in South Carolina. If only Wilson could get these guys to stay in the Orchard Park area. There's just not that much to do to get in trouble and all.

Users who are viewing this thread