What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are your 2021 Shark Pool MVPs (Most Valuable Posters)? (1 Viewer)

So many great and valuable posters have been mentioned so I'll just add, as somebody who makes a lot of bold predictions/hot takes, I appreciate anyone who participates in a good faith debate, whether they agree with me or not, and its very rare that I have run into people who choose to disagree by just hurling insults. So in that way, I'd say kudos to the forum in general, and for everyone who is respectful of it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been around since the ol yeller day’s but as you can tell from my post numbers I don’t chime in much. I have a pretty strict rule not to post during work hours (no judgement to those that do) and by the time the evening roles around, I’m pretty beat and just don’t bother.
I'm fortunate enough to be self-employed, so what I lack in salary, I make up for in online accessibility. 

I tried to pay my mortgage with that once and it didn't go very well. :(  

Not sure if @Hankmoody has received any noms yet, but that's another solid contributor, who's lively in debates and often comes through with timely information about NFL rules & quirks.   :hifive:

So many great and valuable posters have been mentioned so I'll just add, as somebody who makes a lot of bold predictions/hot takes, I appreciate anyone who participates in a good faith debate, whether they agree with me or not, and its very rare that I have run into people who choose to disagree by just hurling insults. So in that way, I'd say kudos to the forum in general, and for everyone who is respectful of it. 
That's true. I've encountered a few posters who seem to be a little, ahem, overinvested in certain narratives around players, but even in those cases, they tend to be good natured and self aware about their dogmas

joey said:
Thanks to @rockaction and @Hot Sauce Guy for the kind words. I feel like I rarely post anything of substance and mostly just 1-liners, so it nice to hear that some of my actual takes are worthwhile. 

I’ll add some shout outs to @Zyphros @IHEARTFF @FreeBaGeL @Penguin @Marauders @bombjack As the other members of our new FBG SP FFPC dynasty league that just started this year (I think all others have been mentioned already). All great league mates and, especially, FBG message board members. Often posting in the dynasty thread, the FFPC thread, and many others. And some post their own rankings which I know that I personally get a LOT of value from. 

Also, scanning the Dynasty Value Discussion page, and I see multiple posts by @Deamon, @ffmail4me @Gally @jm192 @tangfoot @voiceofunreason @JohnnyU @TampaMike19@ghostguy123 @JoeJoe88 @wgoldsph @robb, just to name a few from the last couple of pages in that thread. There are so many others in there asking and responding and opining. It’s thread like that one where this community really shines and makes me come back multiple times a day to see if my favorite starred threads have replies or if new great topics come up. 

another thread in the FFA lamented board membership (or at least board visits) going down, and what I said there I’ll say here again: the posters who are here are still amazing and I get tons of info and laughs and comaraderie from this board that I’ll be an active member here til either I drop or the board ceases to exist. Love this place!
Thank you! I'm trying to be more active on this board. I've spent too much time on the NBC sports edge boards and football guys posters just seem much more thoughtful, analytical, have more reasonings behind their statements. I hope to contribute to this board further going forward! 

Another nom: @travdogg - I don’t always agree with his predictions / ROS / early draft topics, but they’re bold as heck, & clearly a lot of effort is spent on them.

And honestly, subsequent disagreement is what turns them into multi-page debates where thoughtful discussion ensues, which is really what gives those topics value/interest. 

So a quick salute to MVP candidate Travdogg, who i just assume is either a traveling dog, or a rapper named Travis. 
:wub:  

We’ll, If you come into the raiders thread for homer advice, be prepared to be driven AWAY from starting any raiders players. We're a pretty negative bunch due to years of abuse the team has thrust upon us. Except @Chadstroma of course. His fantasy lineup looks like:

Carr

Jacobs, Drake

Renfrow, Zay Jones

Waller

Carlson

Raiders D

wait! 4 of those guys are actually startable every week!!! I must reassess my anti-Raider fantasy player bias. 
There's a guy in my auction league (team name: The Silver and Black) whose roster always looks something like that. 

Lots of great posters here, but my faves are:

@The Noid Best thread title maker on the boards, and also probably the most knowledgeable and down to earth poster on the Eagles boards.  Everything he writes is extremely readable, informative, and he's always helpful to people with questions about going to a game.

@renesauz Another Eagles poster that always seems to post something I'm in exact agreement with.  Never seems to let emotions creep into his posts (rare for our thread)

@Cobbler1 I make a point to read almost everything he posts.  Has great common sense, and seems pretty smart on a variety of topics. 

@QuizGuy66 Numbers genius, and his dedication and contributions to the Subscriber Contest are awesome.  Also props for creating the Offense/Defense contest.

@Bankerguy The most chill Cowboys fan there is.  Is never biased, and is always respectful in rival threads.

@fred_1_15301 Another great poster that I almost always agree with, and is super knowledgable about Steelers/Eagles matters.

Imo it’s a coin flip between  @Ministry of Pain , who is a HOFer  here for his shark pool contribution’s over the years and also a big fan of @Faustfor his dedication to his craft
My name was already mentioned and I try not to bathe in the accolades but I'm not going to lie either, it's nice to be mentioned amongst posters that I also highly respect and love the camaraderie with, you're a rock star in my book as well. 

Being as humble as I can, I felt a duty during the pandemic to devote the football season to the Shark Pool, you haven't seen me in the FFA or the other forums , I do that on purpose so i'm not flame throwing from one forum to the other, I try to be a genuine cheerleader of the pure side of the NFL, that knows no jersey colors when guys like Henry are running over Linebackers and making DLinemen wish they hadn't even tried to extend one arm as he all but snaps them while he runs thru A-Gaps carrying defenders with him along the way. 

I'm not a Titans fan, I likely am taking Cinci today  but I love me some bleeping Henry and you gotta be from where we come from to appreciate all angles even when Henry is destroying your point spread. That's a purist. 

Thank you so much

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Faust, I used to think you were a bot. That is a compliment.
I 2nd @Faust they stand toe to toe with me when I start flying off at the opinion of the author they are linking and so I've learned the views and reflections of the links do not always reflect those of the people doing the linking and that made a huge difference when I am sorting out news and info. 

Users who are viewing this thread