What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHO IS CRYING MORE ABOUT THIS SUPER BOWL? (1 Viewer)

Plain and simple,who are the biggest cry babies?

• Seattle Fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Haters

• Fans of Every Other NFL Team

• Jerome's Mom

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How come there's no option for "Pittsburgh Fans" :confused:

I'm not suggesting it would, or should, win but I think I've seen more Steeler fans whining about their championship being questioned then I've seen Seahawk fans whining about anything.
Whatever Dude!!! No Whining here, still working on my hangover and getting my voice back. I was in a bar watching the game with about 200 SeaChicken fans, and they cried like #####es. Blame your coach not the ref's, pick up a rule book.

Eagles fan here from near Philly (which is far from Pitt)

Both teams had a few calls go their way. Of course, the team that won benefitted more, by definition. In general, the game announcers created this whole situation and they were clearly biased towards Seattle.

THE CALLS:

1) Jax pushed off, good call that SHOULD have been made...I think the announcers made people feel it was a bad call by saying it was when it was clearly PI

2) Ben may or may not have gotten in...mighty close...no way you can say it was a bad call or overturn it

3) Hasselback clipping call was just weird...not much effect on the game...but a bad call in favor of Pitt for 15 midfield yards

4) overturned fumble call -- properly overturned in favor of Seattle -- obvious bias on the announcers who were actually trying to claim he was down regardless of whether or not there was contact...duh...more Seattle bias there

5) holding call was ticky tack, but he was reaching around, so not a terrible call, but it was surely a crucial break for Pitt

6) incomplete pass vs fumble by Stevens -- called incomplete, unreviewable -- could have gone either way, but did go Seattle's way -- announcers had no beef....hmmm

People, we are the Footballguys on this board. We all know close to if not more than the announcers. So why are so many people taken in by their bias?

MY VIEW:

All in all, the officiating was not perfect. It never is. It is impossible. The NFL has no bias. The officials were not slanted. The TV analysts were slanted.

Congrats to Pittsburgh. Shame on all of you for complaining about the officiating, ESPECIALLY MIKE HOLMGREN. Show some class.

Everyone stop whining a minute and give an honest opinion
My honest opinion is the more threads I read, the more impressed I am with how the Seahawk fans are handling this and less impressed with Steeler fans.
:towelwave:
Exhibit A. Thanks for proving my point. And for the record I wasn't strongly rooting for either the Seahawks or Steelers...
What point did it prove? That Steeler fans are excited that they won the Superbowl.

I don't get it. Whining implies you're dissatisfied. I'm veeeery satisfied the Steelers won. I think all Steeler fans are. The "Haters" aren't. Therefore, they are whining. I think the term you want for Steeler fans is "annoyed". Annoyed with all the whining little Haters who can't give credit where credit is due.
Steelers had better refs.

Both teams had a few calls go their way. Of course, the team that won benefitted more, by definition. In general, the game announcers created this whole situation and they were clearly biased towards Seattle.

THE CALLS:

1) Jax pushed off, good call that SHOULD have been made...I think the announcers made people feel it was a bad call by saying it was when it was clearly PI

2) Ben may or may not have gotten in...mighty close...no way you can say it was a bad call or overturn it

3) Hasselback clipping call was just weird...not much effect on the game...but a bad call in favor of Pitt for 15 midfield yards

4) overturned fumble call -- properly overturned in favor of Seattle -- obvious bias on the announcers who were actually trying to claim he was down regardless of whether or not there was contact...duh...more Seattle bias there

5) holding call was ticky tack, but he was reaching around, so not a terrible call, but it was surely a crucial break for Pitt

6) incomplete pass vs fumble by Stevens -- called incomplete, unreviewable -- could have gone either way, but did go Seattle's way -- announcers had no beef....hmmm

People, we are the Footballguys on this board. We all know close to if not more than the announcers. So why are so many people taken in by their bias?

MY VIEW:

All in all, the officiating was not perfect. It never is. It is impossible. The NFL has no bias. The officials were not slanted. The TV analysts were slanted.

Congrats to Pittsburgh. Shame on all of you for complaining about the officiating, ESPECIALLY MIKE HOLMGREN. Show some class.
This is an outstanding post. Pretty much sums up my feelings entirely.And as I said yesterday in another thread. The Seahawks were down by only 4 points with about 20 minutes left in the game. Here is what they did on their 4 remaining possessions: PUNT, INT, PUNT, DOWNS. Also during that time their defense gave up a TD on a 56 yard drive and allowed the Steelers to consume almost 5 minutes on another 27 yard drive.

The game was there for the taking. All they needed to do was score once in the last 20 minutes and keep the Steelers from scoring. They were unable to do either.

Both teams had a few calls go their way.  Of course, the team that won benefitted more, by definition.  In general, the game announcers created this whole situation and they were clearly biased towards Seattle.

THE CALLS:

People, we are the Footballguys on this board.  We all know close to if not more than the announcers.  So why are so many people taken in by their bias?

MY VIEW:

All in all, the officiating was not perfect.  It never is.  It is impossible.  The NFL has no bias.  The officials were not slanted.  The TV analysts were slanted. 

Congrats to Pittsburgh.  Shame on all of you for complaining about the officiating, ESPECIALLY MIKE HOLMGREN.  Show some class.
This is an outstanding post. Pretty much sums up my feelings entirely.And as I said yesterday in another thread. The Seahawks were down by only 4 points with about 20 minutes left in the game. Here is what they did on their 4 remaining possessions: PUNT, INT, PUNT, DOWNS. Also during that time their defense gave up a TD on a 56 yard drive and allowed the Steelers to consume almost 5 minutes on another 27 yard drive.

The game was there for the taking. All they needed to do was score once in the last 20 minutes and keep the Steelers from scoring. They were unable to do either.
The post acknowledges the holding call was ticky tack and the call on Hasselback was wrong. Didn't both these things prevent Seattle from scoring and aid Pittsburgh in scoring with great field position? This series of plays was huge in the flow of the game.And there is NO WAY the announcers where biased in favor of Seattle.

Both teams had a few calls go their way.  Of course, the team that won benefitted more, by definition.  In general, the game announcers created this whole situation and they were clearly biased towards Seattle.

THE CALLS:

People, we are the Footballguys on this board.  We all know close to if not more than the announcers.  So why are so many people taken in by their bias?

MY VIEW:

All in all, the officiating was not perfect.  It never is.  It is impossible.  The NFL has no bias.  The officials were not slanted.  The TV analysts were slanted. 

Congrats to Pittsburgh.  Shame on all of you for complaining about the officiating, ESPECIALLY MIKE HOLMGREN.  Show some class.

The post acknowledges the holding call was ticky tack and the call on Hasselback was wrong. Didn't both these things prevent Seattle from scoring and aid Pittsburgh in scoring with great field position? This series of plays was huge in the flow of the game.
:cry: So was Seattle's inability to score a TD or stop the Steelers from scoring.

I have coached baseball for 14 years and the one thing I never let my team do is blame the officials for a loss. When you lose take it like a man instead of being a friggin' crybaby.

It is too bad Mike Holmgren doesn't have this attitude. I used to like him, now I think he is the biggest tool of all the NFL coaches.

So was Seattle's inability to score a TD or stop the Steelers from scoring.

I have coached baseball for 14 years and the one thing I never let my team do is blame the officials for a loss. When you lose take it like a man instead of being a friggin' crybaby.

It is too bad Mike Holmgren doesn't have this attitude. I used to like him, now I think he is the biggest tool of all the NFL coaches.
I wonder what the Steelers' fans reaction would have been had an interference call been made when Peyton threw the ball to Wayne in the endzone with 30 seconds left on the clock?I was pulling for the Colts to win that game over the Steelers, but after the Polamalu interception was overturned, I started to pull for the Steelers because it would have been a travesty had the Steelers lost that game.

Not sure why I would be called a crybaby now simpy because the Steelers were the beneficiaries of a bad calls. :shrug:

I have coached baseball for 14 years and the one thing I never let my team do is blame the officials for a loss.  When you lose take it like a man instead of being a friggin' crybaby.

It is too bad Mike Holmgren doesn't have this attitude.  I used to like him, now I think he is the biggest tool of all the NFL coaches.
I wonder what the Steelers' fans reaction would have been had an interference call been made when Peyton threw the ball to Wayne in the endzone with 30 seconds left on the clock?I was pulling for the Colts to win that game over the Steelers, but after the Polamalu interception was overturned, I started to pull for the Steelers because it would have been a travesty had the Steelers lost that game.

Not sure why I would be called a crybaby now simpy because the Steelers were the beneficiaries of a bad calls. :shrug:
I think it is fine to question a call but when you cross the line when you start blaming the loss on the refs. It even gets worse when you admit the calls weren't incorrect but were ticky tack. EVERY game has ticky tack calls and also blatant fouls that go uncalled. So if had interference been called I am sure some Steelers fans would have said it was ticky tack but I don't think we would have blamed the loss on refs because of THAT play. Bettis would have gotten the brunt of it because of the fumble and Cowher would have taken some lumps because he didn't kneel on the ball (even though it was the correct decision).

I have coached baseball for 14 years and the one thing I never let my team do is blame the officials for a loss.  When you lose take it like a man instead of being a friggin' crybaby.

It is too bad Mike Holmgren doesn't have this attitude.  I used to like him, now I think he is the biggest tool of all the NFL coaches.

:goodposting: I work in Germany with military people with fans from every NFL team. Today I was wearing my Super Bowl Jacket and a Seahawks hat and ten to twelve people commented on the bad calls. As a Seahawks fan I know they could have won the game regardless and didn't take advantage of the situations they could control.

But that doesn't mean that the calls weren't bad and it certainly doesn't make everyone who brings this up a crybaby. If people think the calls are the only reason the Seahawks lost then maybe I'd call that person a :cry: but JC people have a right to their opinion. If this was the other way around do you think these boards would be silent? I'm tired of hearing about it from the angle of defending the officials or the calls more than I'm sick of hearing it in general. If I'm a Steelers fan I'd just let it go and enjoy it. If it had been the other way around that's what I'd be doing.

So if had interference been called I am sure some Steelers fans would have said it was ticky tack but I don't think we would have blamed the loss on refs because of THAT play. Bettis would have gotten the brunt of it because of the fumble and Cowher would have taken some lumps because he didn't kneel on the ball (even though it was the correct decision).
I doubt that as I am sure most Steelers fans would have been whining about the Polamula interception.

So if had interference been called I am sure some Steelers fans would have said it was ticky tack but I don't think we would have blamed the loss on refs because of THAT play.  Bettis would have gotten the brunt of it because of the fumble and Cowher would have taken some lumps because he didn't kneel on the ball (even though it was the correct decision).
I doubt that as I am sure most Steelers fans would have been whining about the Polamula interception.
Ahh but that was a different story altogether. The correct call was made on the field and overturned by an incorrect interpretation of the rule. IT WAS NOT A JUDGEMENT CALL. That is why the NFL issued an apology, because the rules were not applied correctly.In the case of the Seattle game, the calls people are crying about are judgement calls. The rules were applied correctly and the NFL backed the officials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the people on this board you've been bickering with are not Seahawks fans at all if you check. Seahawks fans are a small minority in this argument and it is a national conversation. How about a few more cry baby references to show us what a great fan you are? Are you 12? 13? Congrats on your first professional sports championship. When the Pistons and the Wings won their three each I was doing the very same thing making an ### of myself. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

:goodposting: I work in Germany with military people with fans from every NFL team. Today I was wearing my Super Bowl Jacket and a Seahawks hat and ten to twelve people commented on the bad calls. As a Seahawks fan I know they could have won the game regardless and didn't take advantage of the situations they could control.

But that doesn't mean that the calls weren't bad and it certainly doesn't make everyone who brings this up a crybaby. If people think the calls are the only reason the Seahawks lost then maybe I'd call that person a :cry: but JC people have a right to their opinion. If this was the other way around do you think these boards would be silent? I'm tired of hearing about it from the angle of defending the officials or the calls more than I'm sick of hearing it in general. If I'm a Steelers fan I'd just let it go and enjoy it. If it had been the other way around that's what I'd be doing.
I don't agree that all of the calls were bad but I hear you about being sick of it.This is my last post on the subject. Time to move on to the upcoming draft.

That's really easy to say, but I wonder how you'd feel if after 30 years of ineptitude, your Seahawks finally reached the top of the mountain and every post you read when you came here to celebrate talked about how your team was handed a gift, and how they didn't really win the game, the referees did. I've seen the word asterisk misspelled about 30 times in the past few days. You'd likely be a little bitter too if people were trying to pee on your parade, and that's all you're seeing here.FWIW, anyone still concerned with the officiating should watch Inside The NFL this week. They break down all the controversial calls and plays from a neutral (and expert - as Marino, Collinsworth, and Carter all had long NFL careers and I'll trust their observations over some shmuck columnist looking to rile people up) standpoint.

Ahh but that was a different story altogether. The correct call was made on the field and overturned by an incorrect interpretation of the rule. IT WAS NOT A JUDGEMENT CALL. That is why the NFL issued an apology, because the rules were not applied correctly.

In the case of the Seattle game, the calls people are crying about are judgement calls. The rules were applied correctly and the NFL backed the officials.
So according to your own logic some whining is justifiable and some is not?

That's really easy to say, but I wonder how you'd feel if after 30 years of ineptitude, your Seahawks finally reached the top of the mountain and every post you read when you came here to celebrate talked about how your team was handed a gift, and how they didn't really win the game, the referees did. I've seen the word asterisk misspelled about 30 times in the past few days. You'd likely be a little bitter too if people were trying to pee on your parade, and that's all you're seeing here.FWIW, anyone still concerned with the officiating should watch Inside The NFL this week. They break down all the controversial calls and plays from a neutral (and expert - as Marino, Collinsworth, and Carter all had long NFL careers and I'll trust their observations over some shmuck columnist looking to rile people up) standpoint.
I would hate it but since it would be their first Super Bowl win, the fact that only a small minority will base their memory on the officiating, and since my team won I'd be happy to move on to the greatest degree possible. The word asterisk ( :lmao: on your comment) is unfortunate because a real football fan should know the Seahawks had a chance to win the game regardless and didn't. I'll take a look at Inside the NFL and I still have to watch the game again anyway. Congrats on your victory and please enjoy it.

Ahh but that was a different story altogether.  The correct call was made on the field and overturned by an incorrect interpretation of the rule.  IT WAS NOT A JUDGEMENT CALL.  That is why the NFL issued an apology, because the rules were not  applied correctly.

In the case of the Seattle game, the calls people are crying about are judgement calls.  The rules were applied correctly and the NFL backed the officials.
So according to your own logic some whining is justifiable and some is not?
Ok, one more post :P Going into a game I understand there are calls that I might not agree with, that is why they are called judgement calls. What I do expect, no demand, is that they know the rules. In the case of the Polamalu interception they didn't follow the rules. This is unacceptable.

It doesn't make the whining any less irritating but at least it would be justified because the officials got the rule wrong.

What would NOT be justified is blaming the loss on the refs, even with the blown call. I expect it from fans, but a head coach should know better. Holmgren is a tool.

Ok, no more posts about this, I promise this time!

I've received 24 PMs and a big pile of faxed requests to shut this down. If you want me to re-open this thread send me a another fax. At the end of the week I'll weigh the piles to see who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread