What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Wins The Election? 2 Weeks Out (3 Viewers)

How many times out of 100, does Biden wins the election?

• 95-100 times

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • 90-94 times

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • 85-89 times

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • 80-84 times

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • 70-79 times

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • 60-69 times

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 50-59 times

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • 40-49 times

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 30-39 times

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 20-29 times

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 10-19 times

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 0-9 tiimes

Votes: 12 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that's good for Biden or not. A lot of teenage bros think Trump is awesome.

edit: also, an increase in early voting doesn't mean much in the age of COVID.
I thought the same at first. Then I remembered that all those protests this spring and summer were composed of this age group. Almost all young people. Young people that are pissed off.

Not sure if that's good for Biden or not. A lot of teenage bros think Trump is awesome.

Where are you getting the teenage bros thing?  I have three kids in public school in Georgia and a fourth who just graduated - 3 of the 4, including the one who can vote, think Trump is crazy and would never vote for him.  The youngest has no clue what they are talking about and she mostly repeats garbage she’s heard my BIL say.

Youth Vote is Energized

18 - 29

2020              2016

Florida         257,720            44,107

N. Carolina 204,986             25,150

Michigan.    145,201            7,572

Came in here to post these numbers.  I’ve been on record for a long time saying Trump was the front runner but it’s things like this that have me changing my mind. Young voters historically are usually heavily skewed D, can’t image that’s changed much.  This can’t be making the GOP feel good.  The COVID angle you mention Joe is the only way the right can rationalize this as to not be worried (and the COVID angle might correct).  

Where are you getting the teenage bros thing?  I have three kids in public school in Georgia and a fourth who just graduated - 3 of the 4, including the one who can vote, think Trump is crazy and would never vote for him.  The youngest has no clue what they are talking about and she mostly repeats garbage she’s heard my BIL say.
Just as Trump appeals to uneducated voters, one could imagine very young people might be swayed by his disruptive, populist rhetoric (or vocal family members). And I definitely wouldn't be surprised if young people selfishly favor easing covid restriction - I've heard some describe it derisively as a "boomer" disease.

Then again, young people tend to be more idealist and progressive, and likely side with Biden on race issues, climate change, education and healthcare.

On balance, my faith in humanity will severely shaken if young voters prefer Trump. 

Depends on where you live. Early voting here in Louisiana has broke the record. Kids in across Louisiana are Trump crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on where you live. Early voting here in Louisiana has broke record. Kids in across Louisiana are Trump crazy.
Yeah, but it's Louisiana  ;)  

I can't imagine either of these guys really resonate with most kids but I do know that in today's age just about every kid has a black friend, a Latino friend, a gay friend, a female friend.  The only demographic that Trump appeals to (generally speaking) is white males. 

Just as Trump appeals to uneducated voters, one could imagine very young people might be swayed by his disruptive, populist rhetoric (or vocal family members). And I definitely wouldn't be surprised if young people selfishly favor easing covid restriction - I've heard some describe it derisively as a "boomer" disease.

Then again, young people tend to be more idealist and progressive, and likely side with Biden on race issues, climate change, education and healthcare.

On balance, my faith in humanity will severely shaken if young voters prefer Trump. 
There is absolutely no chance a huge young vote turnout is for Trump. People are not rushing out to stick it to Grandma. 

There is absolutely no chance a huge young vote turnout is for Trump. People are not rushing out to stick it to Grandma. 
Yeah, I don’t think so. But it’s also pretty shocking that ~40% of the population approves of the job he’s done, and do so enthusiastically.

I can't imagine either of these guys really resonate with most kids but I do know that in today's age just about every kid has a black friend, a Latino friend, a gay friend, a female friend.  The only demographic that Trump appeals to (generally speaking) is white males. 
Same applies to California. My point is that early voting may be misinterpreted. I think the Latino vote is going to surprise people. This is where Trump has gained. I think it has alot to do with the BLM stuff. Latinos have been ignored by the Democrats in this period.

Males 30-60 are Trump's best demographic.

I still suspect that the polling doesn't adequately cover the Trump support. It's way easier to say Orange Man Bad when someone calls than find yourself on some dox list. It's way easier not to engage on Facebook, Twitter, or this board than to face a mob mentality whose mind is already decided that Trump is the reason for every problem.

Things indicating Trump is doing way better: 

- In my neighborhood, I count Trump banners/flags 4 to 1 in favor of Trump

- Rallies/events are big for Trump and virtually non-existent for Biden

- The Biden corruption stories are heating up

- Trump polling is way up with African-American and Hispanic voters

- Many people I have talked with do believe Joe Biden has signs of dementia

- The Biden ground game (despite record dollars received) has been non-existent except for TV ads.

and I live in California where Republicans are far and few between. I think Trump wins the electoral college by the thinnest of margins and gets slaughtered on the coasts to lose the popular vote by a wide margin.   
I just walked my neighborhood that went for Trump 30+ in 2016.  Guessing about 400 units. 

5-Trump signs, 3 of the 5 also had flags, banners and other accouterments 

2-Biden signs

1-Jesus 2020

1-Politicians come and go, Wu Tang is forever 

FWIW

Seems weird that people still believe that there is some way for pollsters to know personal information on the person they are calling enough to be scared to answer honestly. Many times the pollster doesnt even know the number called

Seems weird that people still believe that there is some way for pollsters to know personal information on the person they are calling enough to be scared to answer honestly. Many times the pollster doesnt even know the number called
Lol.  I also love the, when people are “quite” for Trump it’s because they are secretly a supporter but fear being shamed but when it’s the same for Biden it’s because he has no support and people aren’t enthusiastic for him.  The mental gymnastics are fascinating.  

Lol.  I also love the, when people are “quite” for Trump it’s because they are secretly a supporter but fear being shamed but when it’s the same for Biden it’s because he has no support and people aren’t enthusiastic for him.  The mental gymnastics are fascinating.  
How are all these people attending all these Trump rallies? Don't they have jobs? Maybe Biden's supporters are too busy working than to spend hours in an airplane hangar.

Wasn't that what was said when people went out to protest? 

I still suspect that the polling doesn't adequately cover the Trump support. It's way easier to say Orange Man Bad when someone calls than find yourself on some dox list. It's way easier not to engage on Facebook, Twitter, or this board than to face a mob mentality whose mind is already decided that Trump is the reason for every problem.

Things indicating Trump is doing way better: 

- In my neighborhood, I count Trump banners/flags 4 to 1 in favor of Trump

- Rallies/events are big for Trump and virtually non-existent for Biden

- The Biden corruption stories are heating up

- Trump polling is way up with African-American and Hispanic voters

- Many people I have talked with do believe Joe Biden has signs of dementia

- The Biden ground game (despite record dollars received) has been non-existent except for TV ads.

and I live in California where Republicans are far and few between. I think Trump wins the electoral college by the thinnest of margins and gets slaughtered on the coasts to lose the popular vote by a wide margin.   
So, the polling numbers are wrong because people are worried about a polling company random dialer being used to track people who answer a question in favor of Donald Trump (which i mean, seriously?) , but not so worried that they have signs and flags on their property where land records are public and can be searched online, and everyone on the planet has a phone that can take a picture of them at a rally.

That's the sum total of your post? I mean, your conclusion may correct, but still. Seems a weird way to get there.

Why are Trump supporters ashamed to say they are supporters you think? I don't see that much. Ashamed that they ate the entire dozen at Dunkin, I see that a lot these days. But I'm not bumping into many people unwilling to share their opinion on, well, anything.

I dont think its so much afraid or ashamed. I see it more as an act of rebellion on their part. Trump supporters see anything and everything political as being against them. The news? Biased. Debate moderator? Biased. Political polls? Biased. It's an us against the world mentality.  After being told they're wrong for the last 4+ years by the news, Hollywood, liberals, etc. they've adopted a Screw 'em attitude.

I dont think its so much afraid or ashamed. I see it more as an act of rebellion on their part. Trump supporters see anything and everything political as being against them. The news? Biased. Debate moderator? Biased. Political polls? Biased. It's an us against the world mentality.  After being told they're wrong for the last 4+ years by the news, Hollywood, liberals, etc. they've adopted a Screw 'em attitude.
The fact that they were the ones who elected him to his first term indicates that they have held these opinions more than the 4 years Trump has  been President.

I would say it's more like the last 60 years.  Ever since the start of the Civil Rights movement they've been told they're wrong.
Thank you for proving my point. If you don't fall 100% in line with the democrats you're labeled wrong, or racist, or sexist, or uneducated. When you say things like "clinging to their guns and religion" it has blowback 

Potential historic turnout is likely a better thing for the Democrats. One of the two parties is actively trying to suppress voter turn out as a strategy of winning because they know the more people vote the last likely they have a chance of winning.

Incumbent facing a recession, pandemic, poor approval ratings, losing key voters like seniors and suburbanites. I’m not sure who is going to vote for Trump in 2020 who didn’t vote for him in 2016. Maybe a small portion of blacks?  Tell me one group of people that Trump has captured since 2016 on his side if anything his voting base is gotten smaller in the last four years.

KingPrawn said:
we finally have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so many people on this board & 95% don't get a Trump voter.  It's just easier to call the majority of us racist, uneducated, hick, stupid, and call it a day.  the Dems always claimed tolerance of people, ideas, race.  now if a black is for Trump he is an Uncle Tom, idiot, or not black.  just so tired of it.  just because you KNOW you are right does not mean you are right.

Leroy Hoard said:
The fact that they were the ones who elected him to his first term indicates that they have held these opinions more than the 4 years Trump has  been President.
opinions?  like getting paid lip service from every guy elected the last 30 years.

opinions?  like getting paid lip service from every guy elected the last 30 years.
Serious question, do you really think President Trump isn’t paying you lip service?  I get feeling this way in 2016 but after 3 1/2 years of the guy I’m just not so sure he’s really proven to do anything for the common man. 

Potential historic turnout is likely a better thing for the Democrats. One of the two parties is actively trying to suppress voter turn out as a strategy of winning because they know the more people vote the last likely they have a chance of winning.

Incumbent facing a recession, pandemic, poor approval ratings, losing key voters like seniors and suburbanites. I’m not sure who is going to vote for Trump in 2020 who didn’t vote for him in 2016. Maybe a small portion of blacks?  Tell me one group of people that Trump has captured since 2016 on his side if anything his voting base is gotten smaller in the last four years.
Hispanics seem like a popular choice among conservatives.

Despite all the bluster, I think his base has shrunk. 

Serious question, do you really think President Trump isn’t paying you lip service?  I get feeling this way in 2016 but after 3 1/2 years of the guy I’m just not so sure he’s really proven to do anything for the common man. 
It's not about paying lip service. Donald Trump is a golem; an entity immune to the attacks of his supporters enemies simply because he has the unyielding support of his supporters.  

so many people on this board & 95% don't get a Trump voter.  It's just easier to call the majority of us racist, uneducated, hick, stupid, and call it a day.  the Dems always claimed tolerance of people, ideas, race.  now if a black is for Trump he is an Uncle Tom, idiot, or not black.  just so tired of it.  just because you KNOW you are right does not mean you are right.
:goodposting:

Very few Dems I know think this way.  Sadly, a portion do, but it’s a relatively small portion.

Being tolerant doesn't include accepting lies and inflammatory rhetoric. It's never good to resort to name-calling, however.

Admittedly, I don't understand the logic behind voting for Trump. But suggesting anyone who opposes him is being hoodwinked by the MSM/big tech, or voting based on emotion versus substantive policy isn't exactly complimentary.

I'm not talking about you specifically, but I don't see an honest effort from either "side" to empathize and legitimize their opposition. As a result, we're becoming more divided while beholden to essentially the same forces, regardless of political affiliation.

Very few Dems I know think this way.  Sadly, a portion do, but it’s a relatively small portion.
It’s all part of the victim mentality Trump has mastered and sells.  While certainly some keyboard warriors say crazy things like that the overwhelming majority of people don’t think that.  I have many friends and family that are Trump supporters, they are all good honest people with just a different viewpoint then I.  I don’t for the life of me understand their viewpoint but they equally don’t understand mine.  

Both side of the argument, be it Pro/Anti Trump or Red Team Blue Team, would be served well by not defining the “other side” by their most extreme supporters.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread