What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Would You Draft First in 2006? (1 Viewer)

Who Would You Draft First (Redraft)?

• TOwens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RMoss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Assume we don't know which team Owens will be on (cause we don't) and we don't know who the Raiders QB will be (cause we don't). Those being equal, which WR would you take over the other?

Assuming this is a redraft, I take Owens on the premise that he is going to make sure he lands in a situation that will be statistics-enhancing. Moss doesn't have that type of control over who his next QB is or what the distribution is going to look like in terms of both run/pass and which receiver gets what looks.If this is some type of keeper league, I take Moss on the premise that he has been forgotten about a little bit and should be a better player in 2007, 2008, and 2009 than Owens will be.

Assuming this is a redraft, I take Owens on the premise that he is going to make sure he lands in a situation that will be statistics-enhancing. Moss doesn't have that type of control over who his next QB is or what the distribution is going to look like in terms of both run/pass and which receiver gets what looks.

If this is some type of keeper league, I take Moss on the premise that he has been forgotten about a little bit and should be a better player in 2007, 2008, and 2009 than Owens will be.
I guess you missed the Who Would You Draft First (Redraft)? in the question.

Assuming this is a redraft, I take Owens on the premise that he is going to make sure he lands in a situation that will be statistics-enhancing. Moss doesn't have that type of control over who his next QB is or what the distribution is going to look like in terms of both run/pass and which receiver gets what looks.

If this is some type of keeper league, I take Moss on the premise that he has been forgotten about a little bit and should be a better player in 2007, 2008, and 2009 than Owens will be.
I did in fact miss it because I didn't read the poll question before responding, but I would have probably written the same thing even if I had seen it because I think the question of whether the choice would be the same. My mind leaps to that question any time something like this is asked. For the record, I voted Owens in the poll.

I did in fact miss it because I didn't read the poll question before responding, but I would have probably written the same thing even if I had seen it because I think the question of whether the choice would be the same. My mind leaps to that question any time something like this is asked. For the record, I voted Owens in the poll.
So you went beyond the answer? Not the first time someone's given a more complete thought to a simple question.It's TO for me, but could easily go the other way without losing sleep.

I'd be interested to see if Chad Johnson is ahead of either as well right now, given Carson's injury.

Chad Johnson, T.Holt, S.Smith, M.Harrison, T.O. (I had him last year), D.Jax, R.Moss.Don't just pay for the name. T.O. probably higher, but I'm still sour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread