What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why I'll miss winter (and I hate cold weather) (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Last winter, I broke down and bought some UnderArmor long johns.  They were expensive, but I was doing a lot of hiking during the winter months and they were awesome.  I could go out in weather as cold as 10 degrees and feel fine.  At the Eagles parade, I was the only one in our group not complaining about the cold and I was wearing about 8 layers less than anyone.  Seriously.  I love these things. 

But I've found an even better use for these things.  I've been wearing the bottoms to work this winter and they've been right on the edge of comfortable.  Some days, I might feel a little warm, but not crazy.  Things is, it's worth it.  Because I used to have my long sleeved polo shirts come untucked all of the time.  If I reached above my head, out popped my shirt.  I hated it.  Then I accidentally tucked my shirt into my long johns and VIOLA!  Because they are like skin tight, they won't budge.  So I don't have to worry about looking like the psychopath that tucks his shirt into his underwear.  Meanwhile, my shirt stays tucked in the exact place it was when I left the house.

But now winter is ending and it's getting warmer.  I've been wearing the long underwear only for the tucking purposes.  But I'm starting to overheat.  I'm torn.  I love warm weather.  But I also like perfectly tucked in shirts.  Someone needs to invent some onesies for casual business wear.  It's been 10 years, Shark Tank. WTH is taking so long?!?  :angry:  

Having known Plank in high school I don't buy UA but easy call here seems to be boxers or just cutoff the long johns.

You can't tuck into boxers.  They'll ride up and then you look like a loon.  C'mon.  Let's be serious here, guys.

Having started running again this past fall and wanting to keep it going through winter, I got a pair of UA running tights and love those things. As the warmer weather was approaching, I didn't want to give up  my tights... those things are mega comfortable! So, recently went to ****'s and bought a couple pairs of their "heat gear" running shorts. It's basically the same thing as the longer tights but they are only shorts, plus they are a thinner material made more for the warm weather. Same skin tight feel, same comfort, same everything.

Might just be the solution you are looking for as well.

Look into the pants with the rubber/silicone bead on the inside of the belt line.  I have some that are Haggar, my shirts never skip up/out anymore.  

I wear dress shirts, but I assume this would work w/ ls polos.  It is called Shirt Gripper.

Having started running again this past fall and wanting to keep it going through winter, I got a pair of UA running tights and love those things. As the warmer weather was approaching, I didn't want to give up  my tights... those things are mega comfortable! So, recently went to ****'s and bought a couple pairs of their "heat gear" running shorts. It's basically the same thing as the longer tights but they are only shorts, plus they are a thinner material made more for the warm weather. Same skin tight feel, same comfort, same everything.

This might be the answer I was looking for!

I wear compression socks with cold gear tights under my work clothes all winter.  Makes changing for the lunch or immediately after work run substantially quicker too.  

Wear suspenders upside down.  Instead of going over the shoulder and clipping/buttoning to the pants, clip 'em to the bottom of the polo and wear them underneath.

Wear suspenders upside down.  Instead of going over the shoulder and clipping/buttoning to the pants, clip 'em to the bottom of the polo and wear them underneath.
The military is a few decades ahead of the curve on this.

These attach to the bottom of your dress shirt and top of your socks. Solves two problems at the same time. 

Reading the title, I was hoping this was the reincarnation of the Yoga Pants thread...

To my horror, it kinda is...NTTIAWWT.

Users who are viewing this thread