What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife rant (1 Viewer)

my wife wakes up about 45 minutes before i do every day. 

we have a dog

we had terrible rain overnight

dog will not go out for her bathroom break if there's rain. full stop. she will not budge from the house if she even smells rain.

my alarm goes off, i wake up & walk in the bathroom.

wife: did you let the dog out?

me: no. i just woke up.

wife: oh. are you going to let her out?

me: i'm going to get in the shower, shave, get dressed, feed the dog and then try to get her to go out. same routine as every morning. 

wife: ok. don't forget.

me: :mellow:

fast forward 20 minutes as i finish getting dressed.

me: i just got out of the bathroom. where you were also standing. you were talking to me while i got dressed. i have not been downstairs & the dog has not budged from her spot (in the bedroom connected to the bathroom, which is in clear line of sight). so, no. the dog has not been out.

wife: ok. don't forget to let her out.

me: :mellow:  (goes downstairs to feed the dog and attempt to coax her outside in the thunder, lightning and showers)

of course the dog sits and looks outside, looks at me and then goes back upstairs. 

wife: did you let her out?

me: i tried. she would not go out. 

wife: can you let her out? 

me: she won't go out. i have to go to work. you're here for another half hour. maybe the rain will let up and you can let her out. or the kids can.

wife: but you always let her out

me: that's true but it's raining and she won't go out. maybe in the next 30 minutes the rain will stop and you can let her out.

wife: :hot:  

me: :bye:   :drive:  

not two minutes in to my drive my phone goes off. i'm driving. not answering. text incoming. not checking. 15 minutes later i'm at work. 2 missed calls + text message "did you let the dog out?" :wall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElR8039mzNk

So is this a thread for all wife rants, or just yours?

If everyone can share, here's mine.  My wife told me yesterday she turned down a job which would have been a 50% pay increase (this would be life changing for us as we have two kids approaching college age, and haven't been really able to save anything for them). 🤦‍♂️

If everyone can share, here's mine.  My wife told me yesterday she turned down a job which would have been a 50% pay increase (this would be life changing for us as we have two kids approaching college age, and haven't been really able to save anything for them). 🤦‍♂️
Its more fun if we share

we have a dog

dog will not go out for her bathroom break if there's rain. full stop. she will not budge from the house if she even smells rain.

me: i'm going to get in the shower, shave, get dressed, feed the dog and then try to get her to go out. same routine as every morning. 

me: i just got out of the bathroom. where you were also standing. you were talking to me while i got dressed. i have not been downstairs & the dog has not budged from her spot (in the bedroom connected to the bathroom, which is in clear line of sight). so, no. the dog has not been out.

me: :mellow:  (goes downstairs to feed the dog and attempt to coax her outside in the thunder, lightning and showers)

of course the dog sits and looks outside, looks at me and then goes back upstairs. 

me: she won't go out. i have to go to work. you're here for another half hour. maybe the rain will let up and you can let her out. or the kids can.

me: that's true but it's raining and she won't go out. maybe in the next 30 minutes the rain will stop and you can let her out.

not two minutes in to my drive my phone goes off. i'm driving. not answering. text incoming. not checking. 15 minutes later i'm at work. 2 missed calls + text message "did you let the dog out?" :wall:
GTFO

Sure. But you knew you had a key. You knew where it was located until the shop kept it. 

OP confirmed that there is no lock lug. 

Which brings us back to this shop that is ruining marriages because they claim they can't get a tire off. I suspect they are busy and have better money making opportunities besides a $40 tire repair. They'll get to it when they can. But, not a high priority. If they would lie about that, what else would they lie about? I expect Shady is about to pay for a new flux capacitor. 
and new ball bearings....

That’s nuts!

Without even discussing it with you? Woah

tl;dr - sil is bad shape with cancer in hospital.   This morning as I'm getting dressed, make mistake asking my wife how SiL is doing after moving her.   I got a 10 minute ordeal on how moving rooms went, how the boyfirend setup a late appointment instead of earl, how doctors did not notify family, how sil sheets are blue, how the private room has extra chairs, how the transport was a red van.

My wife has a little of it's not the answer she wants to here so "it's wrong" when it comes to the doctors/nurses  and everyone else...

Why?

I am debating whether or not to piss my wife off today.  She wants son #2 to get a haircut.  Son #2 does not want to get a haircut.  Although he desperately could use a haircut, I told my wife why bother getting bent out of shape about a teenager's hair.  It's just not worth it in my book.  Let him have his hair the way he wants.  It won't last.  She emphatically said "HE NEEDS TO GET HIS HAIR CUT".  So, today is pretty much only available time we have for the next week and a half.  Myself and son #1 are going for haircuts.  I am seriously considering leaving son #2 behind.  If I do, it won't be pretty...
Bring Son #2 and have him get a very small trim (or just have his hair restyled).

Without even discussing it with you? Woah
No kidding, right?  Of course she just told me this last night, and apparently turned it down over two weeks ago.  I was really too much in shock to have a discussion about it.  Not sure if she can go back and see if it has been filled yet.  More discussion tonight.

She's a principal at a small private school  It's the same school she went to as a kid, same church she went to as a kid, same church our kids were baptized at.  Same school our kids went to Pre-K through 8th grade.  She is too emotionally tied to the school to think logically about it.

Of course they can get the wheel off. If the wheel has been on there for a long time, it just might take some extra effort and they don't care. You might want to avoid that shop in the future. 

we have a dog

Pretty sure this story is also posted in the thread "Shtick You Use in Real Life" on the purse forums and your wife is laughing her ### off.

Pro tip: check with your insurance company to make sure that your rate won't go up if you call for roadside assistance.
😄 

With insurance companies these days you never know. I've used mine a few times. No rate increases! I think it runs something like $1.50 a month or something. No brainer.

No kidding, right?  Of course she just told me this last night, and apparently turned it down over two weeks ago.  I was really too much in shock to have a discussion about it.  Not sure if she can go back and see if it has been filled yet.  More discussion tonight.

She's a principal at a small private school  It's the same school she went to as a kid, same church she went to as a kid, same church our kids were baptized at.  Same school our kids went to Pre-K through 8th grade.  She is too emotionally tied to the school to think logically about it.
I’m not surprised she’s emotionally attached, but am shocked she didn’t even bring it up. That small school isn’t going to be able to pay her that much, but I can understand your shock that she didn’t even consider a 50% raise. That is a huge jump. Reminds me of my wife switching from a crappy defense contractor to a huge tech company almost 3 years ago. Total compensation for her first four years is about a 170% jump. Completely life changing for us. I’ve got son 1 going to college in the Fall and two more so 12 years to pay for in the next 10. I honestly don’t know how I would have handled that without that change because as a two income family we were in that middle class area of not wealthy enough to not need aid and make too much to really get anything besides crappy loans.

If my wife passed that up because she was working with one of her best friends, I would have flipped out knowing the difference it would have made.

I am debating whether or not to piss my wife off today.  She wants son #2 to get a haircut.  Son #2 does not want to get a haircut.  Although he desperately could use a haircut, I told my wife why bother getting bent out of shape about a teenager's hair.  It's just not worth it in my book.  Let him have his hair the way he wants.  It won't last.  She emphatically said "HE NEEDS TO GET HIS HAIR CUT".  So, today is pretty much only available time we have for the next week and a half.  Myself and son #1 are going for haircuts.  I am seriously considering leaving son #2 behind.  If I do, it won't be pretty...
I think you have two different plays here:

Play the zero sum game. You and son #1 go in and have your heads completely shaved, that way son #2 should be able to wear his hair as long as he wants.

OR

Tell son #2 if he goes in and gets his hair cut today, he can get any tattoo he wants. Explain to him that the hair will grow back.... but that tattoo, it'll infuriate his mother for a lifetime AND she probably won't ##### about his hair for awhile.

Problem solved either way. I oughta be a marriage councilor. 

Pro tip: check with your car insurance company for towing service. Much cheaper. At least mine is with State Farm.
Pro tip #1 - tows count against you IRT things like safe driver discounts.

I had three tows (car totaled in accident, daughter in ditch, no master "key" for tire nut) in three months and lost my discount because of it. 

Pro tip #2 - When buying a used car that requires a "key" to get the nut off your tire, ensure it comes with the car when you buy it. Otherwise you're looking at getting it towed to an authorized dealer that has a master key.

Pro tip #3 - When talking to an irritated female, the correct response is "Wow, I can understand why you're angry." Then await further instruction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been married 22 years now.  Don't remember anything in the wedding vows about how I would become the prime target for her to blame for anything that she doesn't like in life.  But sure enough that's how it plays out most days.

also, don't most shops offer valet service nowadays?

i take mine to the dealer shop because they offer valet service. i drop my car off, they take me to work and when they're done they pick me up.

i take mine to the dealer shop because they offer valet service. i drop my car off, they take me to work and when they're done they pick me up.
Pretty sure you only get a chauffeur if you're paying for major mechanical work. For a tire repair, the best you're gonna get is a copy of the bus schedule.

Valet service? I took the Subaru into the dealerships new location a couple of months ago. They had a coffee bar with free snacks. Had at least three people ask if I needed anything during the hour I was there for an oil change. 

It was a great experience. Except for the $500 oil change. 

look i am not saying it is what you have to do but when my lady gets a flat it does not matter where i am what time it is or what i am doing i drop my jazz and get over there and fix that flat because that my fine feathered brohans is what brohans do for there ladys take that to the bank

Last edited by a moderator:

Doesn't sound like OP's wife went to a dealership, but went to a small mechanic.

I could see my wife getting upset with me over something like this, too.

But that's because I always handle anything that is understood as my domain (cars, yard, etc). 

Do you and your wife have the same understanding?

The correct answer - Call AAA, thats why we pay the $70 a year for
Pro Tip from Ruxin:  With unlimited tows use it for more than flat tires.  After a night on the town and you are too inebriated to drive home call up the tow truck and have them take you and the car home.  That way you don't have to go back the next day for retrieval. 

I’m not surprised she’s emotionally attached, but am shocked she didn’t even bring it up. That small school isn’t going to be able to pay her that much, but I can understand your shock that she didn’t even consider a 50% raise. That is a huge jump. Reminds me of my wife switching from a crappy defense contractor to a huge tech company almost 3 years ago. Total compensation for her first four years is about a 170% jump. Completely life changing for us. I’ve got son 1 going to college in the Fall and two more so 12 years to pay for in the next 10. I honestly don’t know how I would have handled that without that change because as a two income family we were in that middle class area of not wealthy enough to not need aid and make too much to really get anything besides crappy loans.

If my wife passed that up because she was working with one of her best friends, I would have flipped out knowing the difference it would have made.
TBD, but I don't know that she didn't consider it.  I think she may have, at least to some degree.  She just made the decision and turned it down before talking to me.  She came home frustrated with work and just threw a bunch of stuff at me at once.  This was one of the many things.  I didn't have 382 consecutive hours to actually get into the specifics of all her issues of the moment, so we didn't dive as deep into this one as I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread